User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 15:51   #1
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Salvage allocation discussion

To make salvage more equitable, I propose the following system:

Each individual defender get 40% salvage of their own defending ships that DIE.
Defenders get 10% salvage of the attackers ships that DIE divided up according to their proportion of the defending fleets value.

This makes it a lot fairer in "big" multiple fleet battles where defending fi/co (or fr etc) gets completely owned whereas the big cr/bs defending fleets dont lose a ship and steal the majority of the salvage (from the fi/co that died). By recieving salvage on your own ships that die will help eleviate this problem - and allow for what I believe salvage was originally intended for - helping planets whose fleets get owned recover.

Please discuss.... I honestly dont see any downside to this - and it should of been in place from the start
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 16:53   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Salvage allocation discussion

30% not 40%, I hope. Otherwise I'm inclined to agree. Consider a fleetcatch that sends non-targetted/targetting ships to defend to lower target salvage.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 22:23   #3
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Salvage allocation discussion

This seems a fair idea, but like Jester said: Maybe not 40%.
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 20:34   #4
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: [Discuss] Salvage allocation

It's already 45% atm

I've raised this issue myself once too (before suggestions forum even existed), so I fully agree.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 11:12   #5
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

i even think we actually had it in place that you got salvage according to your OWN losses at some point... was it in PAX?
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 11:36   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
i even think we actually had it in place that you got salvage according to your OWN losses at some point... was it in PAX?
quite possibly it was, the combat engine was significantly changed for round 10.5 though to add in initative etc

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 13:00   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

form the current combat engine this is impossible, however there are some changes planned which might make it easier - having said this regardless of how easy it is this is a good suggestion and would no doubt improve things so it should be done at some point - Approved

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread