User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Apr 2004, 23:25   #1
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Second thing FAnG are famous for

Getting threads closed that dont portray FAnG as god's gift to PA.

In addition, Abe openly lied in that FAnG recruitment thread- I believe he was kicked from Fury (or Wrath) at some point for being an idiot.

Now before FAnG scurry along to get this thread closed, I congratulate Forest on reporting a fellow member. The problem in my view is that this seems to happen far too often within FAnG, I suggest you don't recruit people with past cheating history or try and investigate abit more before recruitment.

But, it's your alliance and your reputation. I won't say this has tarnished it, because it might just edge into an improvement due to Forest being the reporter. However I do wonder if your HC are suspectable to such scrutiny also

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 23:27   #2
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: Second thing FAnG are famous for

I couldnt have put it better myself

(maybe because I'm an illiterate retard?
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 23:28   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Zhil argues his corner not gets the mods to help him amirite?
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 23:29   #4
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

With the attitude to cheating Forest seems to have, why did he join FAnG??

(since the section deletions of reborn were as long back as r3, Im forgetting them for now )
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 23:29   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Speaking as an ex-moderator of AD I always used to dread threads that portrayed FAnG badly. It was like a red rag to a bull and on they'd come charging with their bizzare and inane arguments involving how badly treated they were. Mostly I'd just close the threads to avoid the hassle of explaining the idea of equal treatment of all alliances.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 23:45   #6
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

You're a weak man Jonny
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 23:46   #7
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Speabizzare and inane arguments involving
Personally I love the logic:
Fang member: "No fang member has cheated"
Bystander: "What about xxx? He was closed"
Fang member: "Yes but he was kicked from fang, therefore no fang member has cheated"
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 23:50   #8
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

xtothez, so what? Remeber we are talking about FAnG here.

Im sure you remember when some of their HC/Officer/members got closed in r8, and they just denied it, claiming meddy to be "hax0red"...
Things go forward
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 23:55   #9
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

There was a brilliantly amusing channel log on Ouzo-IRC in r9.5, where Meddy+co where trying to figure out a) how their logins were given to PA crew and b) what excuses they could use to get reopened (yes, that included hacking). I would have laughed if it wasn't so sad.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 00:04   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
There was a brilliantly amusing channel log on Ouzo-IRC in r9.5, where Meddy+co where trying to figure out a) how their logins were given to PA crew and b) what excuses they could use to get reopened (yes, that included hacking). I would have laughed if it wasn't so sad.
as amuzing as the log about you having a pm chat with alch where you basicly admitted to things and in which you later asked him to keep the pm confidential?

I'm not gonna react on threads like this. Whatever we seem to do, we get comments and flames and shit like that. We reported a cheater (fang player). If we didn't, we would have been flamed at. Now we did, and look, we're being flamed at nonetheless ...

It's sad that this screwed AD for the pple that actually wanna discuss something, and not only flame and insult.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 00:10   #11
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

heh. I see no flaming.

The point is, you house the cheaters to start with. You house more cheaters than any other alliance. The caught cheaters, at least.

Irvine and Touri do nothing to help your cause, among others.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 00:15   #12
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
heh. I see no flaming.

The point is, you house the cheaters to start with. You house more cheaters than any other alliance. The caught cheaters, at least.

I meant the previous thread, the one that got closed and which Zhil claims WE asked for it to get closed, which tbh is his illusion, not the truth.

My point is, we get flamed and receive critics nonetheless what happens. Whether we report him or not, either way we'll get criticized. And this seems to be a tendency in basicly everything we do lately.

also if you throw in troll one liners from xto, zhukov or Jackal ... then how do you honnestly expect us (FAnG) to react decently?

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 00:20   #13
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Dont whine Kj, couse we havent told 10% of the stories were fang are involved in cheating.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 00:23   #14
The_Fish
ND

The damage is already done by the time you have chance to react. Every round, big FAnG planets are closed for cheating, and now people think when more than if. It's quite sad in a way. You have done the right thing in reporting him, but the damage has been done with him being in FAnG to start with.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 00:23   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Dont whine Kj, couse we havent told 10% of the stories were fang are involved in cheating.
---

also if you throw in troll one liners from xto, zhukov or Jackal ... then how do you honnestly expect us (FAnG) to react decently?

---

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 00:28   #16
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Post my last 'troll one liner' please.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 01:27   #17
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
FS, trolling is wrong. Typical Ely.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 01:34   #18
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

can someone start with real bad publicity for us please? The "evil blocking cheaters" gets boring.

When will the first FAnG member be caught in an amok-run-at-school shocker or similar rather interesting new things?
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 01:56   #19
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i closed it because it was crap not because it was anti-fang.

i really dont care whos winning and whos losing in the game..

Noone asked me to close it?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 02:39   #20
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i closed it because it was crap not because it was anti-fang.

i really dont care whos winning and whos losing in the game..

Noone asked me to close it?
Since when is modding about quality control?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 07:07   #21
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l

But, it's your alliance and your reputation. I won't say this has tarnished it, because it might just edge into an improvement due to Forest being the reporter. However I do wonder if your HC are suspectable to such scrutiny also

You are right, and HC should be held accountable.
Im coming to that

Oh and for the record, all alliances ahve cheats, its just im in a better position to catch these cheats in FAnG.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 08:00   #22
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

I still think all prooved cheaters should be published on a list containing everyone who got deleted the last 5 rounds and for what reason, so the alliance who are so-called anti-cheating can deny ppl and REALLY say they condone cheating. As long as they have people in their alliance who are on that list they should stfu. Maybe the inability to get an alliance helps to stop cheating.

I know it's an old idea but I've never seen a convincing reason not to do it.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 08:48   #23
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
I still think all prooved cheaters should be published on a list containing everyone who got deleted the last 5 rounds and for what reason, so the alliance who are so-called anti-cheating can deny ppl and REALLY say they condone cheating. As long as they have people in their alliance who are on that list they should stfu. Maybe the inability to get an alliance helps to stop cheating.

I know it's an old idea but I've never seen a convincing reason not to do it.
Each round should be a new start for everyone. If smeone cheats and get there account deleted then that is punishment. You cannot start legislating who should play and who shouldnt.

OK so we had a member that cheated. every alliance does. So we have had at least 1 a round? I would prefer that then try and dictate who can or cannot play pa for past misdemeanors.

If they did that I would have been banned years ago and so would a whole host of you ppl. Get a grip.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 09:24   #24
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Each round should be a new start for everyone. If smeone cheats and get there account deleted then that is punishment. You cannot start legislating who should play and who shouldnt.
Hear hear. Next round my alliance member is going to be Killmark. I'm sure no one objects.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 10:36   #25
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Hear hear. Next round my alliance member is going to be Killmark. I'm sure no one objects.
Perhaps FAnG has already recruited him ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 11:06   #26
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Getting threads closed that dont portray FAnG as god's gift to PA.

In addition, Abe openly lied in that FAnG recruitment thread- I believe he was kicked from Fury (or Wrath) at some point for being an idiot.
Thought he was in Fury round 8. Could be wrong though.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 11:18   #27
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Each round should be a new start for everyone.
You need to learn the difference between idealism and reality. Regardless of what should happen, or what people should think, the fact remains that people with a history of organised cheating are statistically more likely to continue to do so. Obvious example being the old Gosu/OuZo players, closed in several rounds, and still signing up multiple planets and login sharing in r9.5.
We aren't talking about permantly shunning everyone who's ever logged into a planet they didn't own. We're just asking certain people with influence (mainly alliance HCs) to shun people who have proven track records and show no remorse nor signs of changing their ways.

But of course you know all that, you're just exaggerating to try and make your side sound a little less guilty. Just be honest and say your main motivation for continually recruiting these people is to put Fang on top, not some bullshit about being the only people fair enough to give them another chance because Fang is such a wonderful utopia of equality and fairness.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 12:42   #28
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
You need to learn the difference between idealism and reality. Regardless of what should happen, or what people should think, the fact remains that people with a history of organised cheating are statistically more likely to continue to do so. Obvious example being the old Gosu/OuZo players, closed in several rounds, and still signing up multiple planets and login sharing in r9.5.
We aren't talking about permantly shunning everyone who's ever logged into a planet they didn't own. We're just asking certain people with influence (mainly alliance HCs) to shun people who have proven track records and show no remorse nor signs of changing their ways.

But of course you know all that, you're just exaggerating to try and make your side sound a little less guilty. Just be honest and say your main motivation for continually recruiting these people is to put Fang on top, not some bullshit about being the only people fair enough to give them another chance because Fang is such a wonderful utopia of equality and fairness.
so now we intentionally recruit cheats, to make sure we're on top ...

I know this is a REAL HARD THING for you to understand, but fang doesn't recruit cheaters. We are not looking for them nor are we supporting or allowing them to do so. Sure some of our players were old cheaters. But you're known as a hacker, still it doesn't stop ely from keeping you, now does it.

Also, Ely had cheaters and bug abusers aswell in the past, and I'm 100% sure you now succeeded to fully make your alliance cheat free ...

and then you call Rumad idealistic instead of realist?

but then again, you don't care about cheaters, or about the game or about whether it's ethical or not to cheat etc. You're only posting on AD to provoke and to flame.

FAnG didn't make a thread about reporting Abe. We did what we had to do, and still we see pple starting threads just cause they felt it was needed to point, blame and provoke ...

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 12:45   #29
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
COUNTDOWN TO KJEL'S ARRIVAL IN THREAD
00:04:28....

--> there is your last troll one liner, made yesterday

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 13:09   #30
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I dn't see myself as an idealist or a realist - more of a pragmatist.

Simply the people that post here probably hvae at one time broken the rules. Some have even probably been deleted for such abuse of the game rules. Yes we recruited a player who may or may have not been deleted in the past. we look for players who are active and to a certain extent we work on trust. Our trust is repaid or in this case abused. Either way to stop running your alliance like that would be no worse than becoming a paranoid witch hunters. i have much more valuable things to do with my time like sex and drinking and having a laugh outside pa.

Someone cheated, account is closed, member kicked etc. Get over it and move on.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 26 Apr 2004 at 15:04.
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 13:14   #31
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran

Thats a two liner you idiot.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 13:18   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
so now we intentionally recruit cheats, to make sure we're on top ...

I know this is a REAL HARD THING for you to understand, but fang doesn't recruit cheaters. We are not looking for them nor are we supporting or allowing them to do so. Sure some of our players were old cheaters. But you're known as a hacker, still it doesn't stop ely from keeping you, now does it.
rgds Kj
This is the worst crap Ive heard in some time in this place.

1) FAnG recruited a BG pre-pax, witch consisted of ex-ldk members.
You might not have noticed, but ldk isnt famous for playing without cheating.
2) You and other FAnG command members have now several times claimed XtotheZ hacked FAnG irc and so on. If you cant prove this, I suggest you stfu, so you dont embaress yourself and your alliance further.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 14:43   #33
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if you cant discuss this in a civlilised manner then this thread will be closed.
read the forum rules as to whats acceptable if your not quite sure what im talking about.

JJ
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 15:44   #34
Oghy

Oghy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
heh. I see no flaming.

Ahhh, I get you... You're basicly saying that FAnG actually reports their own players if they cheat, unlike any other alliance who simply let them cheat. Hence it seems they 'house the caught cheaters'.

I fully agree with you there
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:05   #35
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Weathermen aren't trolling when they give warning about the arrival of a hurricane, lightning storm, or other natural disaster to a city.
So why I am trolling when I warn of your imminent arrival in a thread?
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:07   #36
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

just on a sidenote i remember the "hacking" accusations, mostly coming from the days Fang irc servers were more often down then up, admittingly through crap coding.

Regardless of this rumormongering fang cant wash its hands clean, recruiting ppl who cheated in the past, even were closed during their time beeing in fang and having dodgy evidences against them doesnt make you look innocent.
Noone exspects you to be holier then thou and to be free of any cheats, but atleast dont make a claim "we try hard or are fair to known cheaters" when evidence shows you give a damn about cheaters in fang or if you recruit them for fang.

It might hurt your own perception of Fang if ppl point out you have quiet a trackrecord of cheating in Fang which covered 1 scandal after another round after round. Apart from maybe LDK i would question any other alliance could get on your level. This also includes how you handled these incidents in the public, rather then trying to improve or to get rid of the scum you pushed your "proud to be fang" bandwagon to prove they were innocent and all was a conspiracy.
Now if we both look back after 2 years of gaming experience, with changing hunters, changing blocks, changing players and even creators, how likely is such a conspiracy over and over again ?

I for one state that in my estimation fang is the alliance with the most closed hc planets in all rounds.
Anyone wanna challenge me on this statement ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 19:36   #37
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
just on a sidenote i remember the "hacking" accusations, mostly coming from the days Fang irc servers were more often down then up, admittingly through crap coding.

Regardless of this rumormongering fang cant wash its hands clean, recruiting ppl who cheated in the past, even were closed during their time beeing in fang and having dodgy evidences against them doesnt make you look innocent.
Noone exspects you to be holier then thou and to be free of any cheats, but atleast dont make a claim "we try hard or are fair to known cheaters" when evidence shows you give a damn about cheaters in fang or if you recruit them for fang.

It might hurt your own perception of Fang if ppl point out you have quiet a trackrecord of cheating in Fang which covered 1 scandal after another round after round. Apart from maybe LDK i would question any other alliance could get on your level. This also includes how you handled these incidents in the public, rather then trying to improve or to get rid of the scum you pushed your "proud to be fang" bandwagon to prove they were innocent and all was a conspiracy.
Now if we both look back after 2 years of gaming experience, with changing hunters, changing blocks, changing players and even creators, how likely is such a conspiracy over and over again ?

I for one state that in my estimation fang is the alliance with the most closed hc planets in all rounds.
Anyone wanna challenge me on this statement ?
we are aware of our cheating track record. Thanks though for again pointing that out for us. Do we feel ashamed cause of those cheating scandals? yes. Do we wanna improve it? yes. Is it working? very very slowly.

I'm not concerned with your particular opinion on this. I know that Eclipse had cheaters aswell last round, clever enough not to get caught. Pple are naïve believing their alliance is cheat-free. Nonetheless it seems FAnG somehow has a higher concentration of such, something I will not deny.

Nonetheles, claiming that we intentionally recruit cheats (which some pple pointed towards) is a complete joke. Why would fang intentionally recruit cheats, to then see them getting closed and getting tons of critics and trolls on our backs on AD? Nway, if pple actually think such, then that's their loss, not mine.

What you can question though, are our methodes. I'm sure we have our own way of dealing with cheaters, which might seem very odd to most pple. I don't expect you to understand it, you're not fang nor ever will be so we can both agree we both don't care whether you agree to our methodes or not. What I do wanna state is that we dislike cheaters aswmuch as everyone else does. Believe my word on it or not, again I'm not concerned with that either.

A last minor note. FAnG (aka Forest) reported Abe. We did not make a thread to see "hey look at use, we're cool cause we report cheaters". We didn't even wanna discuss this or anything. Infact we don't even make a big fuzz about it.

But whatever keeps the avg AD reader happy I guess

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 20:40   #38
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Kjel FAnG attracts cheaters as u have no anti-cheating measures
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 21:37   #39
Mad Matte
Elysium Shepherd

Mad Matte is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Someone cheated, account is closed, member kicked etc. Get over it and move on.
That is where the problem lie, atleast in my opinion. Why kick a player if the same player is welcomed back next round? (Or even given a high position within the alliance).

(The above is a problem in most alliances, but I do wonder why FaNG does it).
r1 3:23 r2 16:1:3 r3 c9/c199 r4 47:25:1
r5 c19 r6 c16 r7 unknown r8 unknown
r9 unkown atm r9.5 ldk farm r10 18:7:2 r10.5 somewhere
Mad Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:14   #40
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Matte
That is where the problem lie, atleast in my opinion. Why kick a player if the same player is welcomed back next round? (Or even given a high position within the alliance).

(The above is a problem in most alliances, but I do wonder why FaNG does it).
Its not a problem in []LCH[] cos cheating players are not welcome in the first place and if they get deleted for cheating (or its found out by us and reported) they will be kicked and not be accepted again.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 00:32   #41
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Its not a problem in []LCH[] cos cheating players are not welcome in the first place and if they get deleted for cheating (or its found out by us and reported) they will be kicked and not be accepted again.

bad argument, if u know soeoe is cheating, it doesnt matter if they can talk there way out of it, or if they get closed.

they are cheats, and should be kicked regardless.

Or maybe pa alliances are worried about going thur what i go thru?
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 00:43   #42
The_Fish
ND

Forest, what the LCH guy said is that he wouldnt accept members like Touri or Irvine. Which you did.
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 01:23   #43
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What you can question though, are our methodes. I'm sure we have our own way of dealing with cheaters, which might seem very odd to most pple.
Indeed, odd is the right word. I have no idea how your "own way of dealing with cheaters" looks like, but I do know what would be the ideal way to show them that cheating is wrong and condemned by your (or any other) alliance: Kick them out of the alliance, roid them dry as an example to any other cheater that might hide in your (or any other) alliance, while at the same time reporting them to the hunters.
And quite frankly, I don't see what could be so hard about that.
Cheating is wrong and deserves to be punished; not only by the hunters (by eventual closure), but even more importantly by the community.

Quote:
I don't expect you to understand it, you're not fang nor ever will be so we can both agree we both don't care whether you agree to our methodes or not.
That's utter elitist propaganda bullsh!t. Most people here have been playing the game for more than enough rounds (or years, actually) to understand pretty much any position taken by alliances in this game. Saying something like you did there is like a belittling slap in the face for most non-FAnG AD readers and doesn't help your image at all.
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 02:27   #44
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

It seems like the only people to have caught a fang cheater this round is Fang. Ive seen numerous posts about touris multi planets etc etc. Yet he is still open. If he is cheating then catch him. Im sure many of you have tried but to no avail. So that means he is very good at hiding his cheating, or hes not doing it. So until one of you catches a fang member cheating, you really havent a leg to stand on. The past? Is the past. Fang has been hurt more than most alliances due to cheaters within its rank. Do we still have cheaters withing our ranks? Probably. Do we actively scan suspicious planets. Yes we do. We have 3 people who actively try and find members who are cheating, So what does it all mean? Nothing. Fang doesnt have a post on our website that says "if you cheat we want you" You all keep alluding to touri and irvine. Show me or anyone on NG that they are cheating. If you cant, then you look like a bunch of whiners who are bashing the #1 aliance(at the moment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu||seye
Saying something like you did there is like a belittling slap in the face for most non-FAnG AD readers and doesn't help your image at all.
Im not really sure what KJ is referring to when stating "our methods"

but in regards to a slap in the face to AD reader. Many of them need a slap in the face. Ive been around PA for a while and these last 2 rounds ive been in the know about a few things. Then I come to the boards and see one person or another plain lying about situations. If they arent out and out lying, they are bending the truth in order to create propaganda. I do have respect for what some of the posters have to say. But all to many are to busy lying or flaming to say something of importance.
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 03:12   #45
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
I do have respect for what some of the posters have to say. But all to many are to busy lying or flaming to say something of importance.
Still, it doesn't help to give such remarks as Kjeldoran did up there while at the same time calling other people trolls and flamers.
Even if they are trolls and flamers, just ignoring them and their rubbish helps a lot more than replying to them or replying in a similar fashion.
But I'm being utopian again.

(Damn those jump-intensive courier missions, they make me read PA boards again )
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 03:45   #46
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu||seye
Still, it doesn't help to give such remarks as Kjeldoran did up there while at the same time calling other people trolls and flamers.
Even if they are trolls and flamers, just ignoring them and their rubbish helps a lot more than replying to them or replying in a similar fashion.
But I'm being utopian again.

Do a search on the nick Kjeldoran and give a look to his other numerous posts. I think itll give you a better picture of what you are dealing with.

Last edited by Fyodor; 27 Apr 2004 at 03:48. Reason: meesed up the quote :P
Fyodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 10:53   #47
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
bad argument, if u know soeoe is cheating, it doesnt matter if they can talk there way out of it, or if they get closed.

they are cheats, and should be kicked regardless.

Or maybe pa alliances are worried about going thur what i go thru?
I don't see how your reply makes it a 'bad argument' in the slightest bit. He quite clearly stated LCH Won't accept people who they find cheating, or get closed, or are known for cheating in the past.

Quite a fair stance if you ask me.
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 11:21   #48
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:

OK so we had a member that cheated. every alliance does. So we have had at least 1 a round? I would prefer that then try and dictate who can or cannot play pa for past misdemeanors.

If they did that I would have been banned years ago and so would a whole host of you ppl. Get a grip.
other games give out life time bans.....

surly it depends in what way they cheated and fro what reason

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 13:17   #49
Forest

ok so i didnt read the post properly, and i tyake back what i said

My point still stands though, that certain hc in certain alliances feel if they know someone is cheating but he gets reopened, thats he ok to stay a member.

Its not.

Mind u, whats the point of it al, i am getting hacked/dossed/virus' sent by 3 ppl i ahve acted on non-stop.

One of there HC have told me 3 times they will 'talk to him' but nothing changes.
So alliances do ahve to accept responsibility
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 16:05   #50
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If my memory serves me correctly Abe was kicked from Fury for spying ? Not 100% sure though, I've always found him a good guy to be honest probably having to hang around with morons like Kje drove him to cheat so he could get deleted and not have to speak to him anymore.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote