User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 17:15   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Shit computer stores

My brothers PC broke down again about a week ago, and just before that I tried reinstalling Windows, guessing that the problem was WIndows XP. Now, that didn't work anymore (PC going down while installing/formatting), so we brought it back to the store we got it from under warranty. We bought it in Januari.

This afternoon my dad went to get it, and those ****ers asked 25 Euros for reinstalling Windows, plus they replaced the motherboard cause it was ****ed. It's ****ing outrageous. Their friggin motherboard breaks down, I try to fix (which fails), and they don't even bother to call and ask if they are allowed to reinstall, but just reinstall, and THEN ask 25 euros. Well, **** them.... performing services under warranty one didn't ask for is one thing, but asking money for it.... And my dad said he just paid cause he wanted to get out of there.
And now at dinner I'm going to get it because I so called messed up...

And the worst ****ing part is that we bought three PC's over a span of 5 or 6 years there, and ALL THREE had faulty parts, ranging from memory, video cards and MOBO's.
Shit store...
When you happen to be in the Netherlands, don't bother going to RoRo computerware in Beesel, cause it's ****ing shit. You can better buy your parts on the internet cause you have a bigger chance it works right away.

Grmbl... fed up...
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 17:18   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Shit computer stores

Oh, and please share your bad experiences with computer stores.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 17:39   #3
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Only bad ones? Bah I'm not allowed to post then, my Fujitsu Siemens is quite dependable.

Oh wait almost forgot. The one time it got repaired it was ready in 4 days for 25€ (after 3 years or so), the power..... (dunno wtf it is called, it's the part where the electricity goes in ) was dead. So they replaced it, I got home, trying to reconnect the monitor with the pc.... WTF? No port in the pc for monitor. The monitor used to get it's power from the PC, now it had to get it's power directly from the power-point. Had to buy a new plug for the monitor ffs Was some shitty shop in Zwijndrecht...
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 17:48   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Paging Kura to a Kura thread
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 18:04   #5
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
And the worst ****ing part is that we bought three PC's over a span of 5 or 6 years there, and ALL THREE had faulty parts, ranging from memory, video cards and MOBO's.
if you bought all 3 at the same store then it's really your fault...
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 18:40   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Why not just have them replaced the ****ed mobo and then install windows yourself? Thus solving the problem, heh.

I dont buy store PC's, I build my own, thus if something gos wrong, I'm the only one to blame.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 18:49   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Why not just have them replaced the ****ed mobo and then install windows yourself? Thus solving the problem, heh.

I dont buy store PC's, I build my own, thus if something gos wrong, I'm the only one to blame.
My thoughts exactly... but instead of ASKING if they could reinstall windows, they just install it and ask money for it.
I can't diagnose a hardware problem because I don't have the equipment for that. I can't just toss in another mobo because I don't have a spare PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
if you bought all 3 at the same store then it's really your fault...
Aren't you supposed to sympathize with me?
The first two times we believed it was coincidence and bad luck. Now I'm convinced they just sell crap.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 18:52   #8
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

This is why I always ALWAYS go to certain pc stores that aren't biased to a brand or a brand name and examine the goods they want to sell me and home build my pc's.

Never had a problem yet in uhm 6 years.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 20:13   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I tend to buy components online as opposed to buying components/systems from stores. Overclockers have infinitely better customer service than I've ever experienced in any store, probably ever. Why go shopping to be greeted by a bunch of know-nothing twats when you can do it online and get treated by professionals instead of kids looking for a saturday job?
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 21:06   #10
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Aren't you supposed to sympathize with me?
no why. you are just some guy on an internet forum
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 23:48   #11
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
no why. you are just some guy on an internet forum
LMFAO

I have no sympathy for someone who bought 3 computers from a dodgy place either

also, I've got 3 comps in the house all from the same company, but no problems with any
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 00:49   #12
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

PS: i love you all