User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 16:27   #1
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
The huge alliances of r3,4,5 and its numbers.

There are a few things I would like to know about the large alliances of the early rounds concerning the membercounts and how they were organised.

1. How many members did tuba/fury/legion/xanadu/nos etc have at their peek in in the early rounds

2. How many of those members played hardcore, ie beeing online at the crusial times at night to defend/attack in average. (the average number beeing online at peek times through a hole round or untill stagnation occured).

My final recrest are to the leaders of those alliances.

Did you ever reach a member count were you felt that adding more would make it allmost impossible to organise the allaiance the way you wanted? What do you considere the ideal hardcore membercount of a pa alliance?

I hope to get a few replies from some of the leaders of the conserning alliances if they are still around!
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 17:07   #2
Mad Matte
Elysium Shepherd

Mad Matte is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The huge alliances of r3,4,5 and its numbers.

Only alliance of those that might have been huge is Xanadu...

Only know legion went into rnd3 with around 70 players...
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 17:19   #3
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

I know TFD peeked around 600-650 in R4, started with 300ish on R5 which diminished to 150ish end of the round/beginning of R6 (inactivity etc). Some even claim TFD had 800 at one time, but I never saw proof for that. R3 the membercount was rising like mad the the peek I just named..

Hardcore probably 50-80ish or so in r3-4, lowering to 30-40 in R5. A few dozen were awake at different time during the night back then in R4. Ofc due Dutch only that percentage was very low. And TFD was not one-alliance only back then. A few of the biggest were Legion/WP. No Fury, they had 1 ally policy.

We had regular memberstops, esp in r3-4, because our "mentoren" were getting flooded with applicants ("mentoren" were the people learning new members how to play etc, how to use irc and website).

TFD used a clan system. clans are smaller than wings, roughly 20-40 people (later their size got more specified by HC to make clans more equal.) Each clan had 2 or 3 clanleaders, and 2 commands (dont remember their exact name), doing the attacks. Some clans attacked daily, some even during "prime times" (quite extraordinary for Dutch people in the early days). Defence was arranged allaince wide, through website and IRC (many didn't use irc in TFD back then). Clans were not forced upon members, they could pick one themselves. Or stay clanless, where the normal BC's arranged attacks for. Though this group was mostly inactive (kicked form clans, denied applications etc, or just clanless by choice).

TFD HC has fluctuated immense, I think in 10 rounds TFD has had 4 or 5 Head HC's and 40-50 normal HC's (especially in R2-6 they changed quite often). The usual branches were used (intell, external affairs (diplomacy), internal afairs, clan affairs, etc)

Ideal harcore membercount depends on the round ofc, I think in those early rounds 150-180 would have been perfect (guesstimation). Larger and you have a big risk of splitoffs, smaller and you get overwhelmed.

Hope this helps.....
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by General Martok; 8 Apr 2004 at 22:15.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 17:33   #4
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Xeta server in rd6 had 300 people average online

X= Xanadu
E= Elsyium
T= TFD
A= Silver

Think the block had a max of 450 players during that time

Membercounts per alliance where like 30/30/25/15% I think
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 17:36   #5
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Hope this helps.....
Jepp exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

A few words from some tuba, fury, legion, nos, xanadu etc. ppl would be nice.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 20:07   #6
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Xeta server in rd6 had 300 people average online

X= Xanadu
E= Elsyium
T= TFD
A= Silver

Think the block had a max of 450 players during that time

Membercounts per alliance where like 30/30/25/15% I think
TFD had over 110 members back then. But that was ofc equaled by lower activity of a part of them. TFD has allways contains a bunch of very good, but also a bunch of less(or in-) active players. I've rarely seen over 50% of all members online at those times at one moment. But that's R6, not what Trevvie asked
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 21:25   #7
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point

ViruS had close to 300 members in round 6/7 including Infection, our recruitment wing

in previous rounds when we were known as UXF ect i believe we had upwards of 600+ or so, but it was trimmed down in round 3 and renamed ViruS

... i think
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 00:21   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I know that nos had 100-120 in their private channel regularly in round 4, until we moved to a private server which inevitably led to a drop. After that I think we averaged a max of about 80. It's worth mentioning that we had no activity control whatsoever, and quite a few members who were just members in name for the protection. I seem to recall numbers in the regions of 250-300 total.

It's worth mentioning that coming into r4 there were about 70 members...
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 00:23   #9
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Fury had around 100 (maybe abit less) going into r5.

Wrath peaked out at 200 yet with spring cleaning was 120-130ish giving Fury a total of around 220-230ish for r5.

Fury had around 180ish going into r6 and r7.

Note: Remember that Wrath was disbanded end of each round, so started anew with 0 members every round. I am unsure to r6/r7 Wrath numbers.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 00:41   #10
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Matte
Only alliance of those that might have been huge is Xanadu...

Only know legion went into rnd3 with around 70 players...
And BlueTubas of round 2 wasnt huge ? They were fckin immense.. had shedloads of members and no control over em (I would know.. I was BlueTubas). They pretty much accepted anyone that applied. lame
I was also a member of Legion, they were rather small and elitist. And I was Xanadu HC for 3 rounds and they were larget altough controlled and effective (unlike BlueTubas that was large and shit and newb).

Tesla
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 01:01   #11
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

peaked at 1100 members, deleted 600 or so in a day i think.
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 01:18   #12
GA-Thrawn
TFD peon

GA-Thrawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
I know TFD peeked around 600-650 in R4, started with 300ish on R5 which diminished to 150ish end of the round/beginning of R6 (inactivity etc). Some even claim TFD had 800 at one time, but I never saw proof for that. R3 the membercount was rising like mad the the peek I just named..
I can't prove anything, but the biggest membercount I've seen is 780.... Really :-)
r5 - TFD
r6 - TFD (& RedBull)
r7 - TFD
r8 - TFD
r9 - TFD
r9.5 - TFD
r10 - TFD
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 02:21   #13
Sardaukar
Shallow

Sardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of light

I cant believe some of the old names are still about!

I know that legion attack wings of about 16-17 people operated very well independently organising attacks on the galaxies assigned by the BC's. Everyone was online for launchtime and we'd be hitting whole alliances somenights (20+ galaxies) planets were called in irc channels, bots were used to reserve targets,l LT's were set in the bot . Scans were all done by the scanner and hosted somewhere. Basicly you could just log on when you had to and everything would be done for you

was aces if you were lazy.

Legion was smoooooth the whole time i was there even if rampage was always eating.

*edit*

my god i just noticed my sig

8 Arrakiss 1:2:2 1869 26.837.330

Planetarion -> Psytrance Cmon guys its easy
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 13:12   #14
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaukar
I know that legion attack wings of about 16-17 people operated very well independently organising attacks on the galaxies assigned by the BC's. Everyone was online for launchtime and we'd be hitting whole alliances somenights (20+ galaxies) planets were called in irc channels, bots were used to reserve targets,l LT's were set in the bot . Scans were all done by the scanner and hosted somewhere. Basicly you could just log on when you had to and everything would be done for you
Isnt this just normal?

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 14:19   #15
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

ahh the old days of putting attacks on the forums before hand and assigning who hits what along with the time. Those were the days.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 16:24   #16
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Rock had bout 450/500 members end rd 4 afaik but it trimmed down between the rds to bout 150 active for start of rd 5 and then we massed recruited back up to bout 300 ish i think

if i see TGO or Terra or Judder ill check with them but i dont think im to far out

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 19:33   #17
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
There are a few things I would like to know about the large alliances of the early rounds concerning the membercounts and how they were organised.

1. How many members did tuba/fury/legion/xanadu/nos etc have at their peek in in the early rounds

2. How many of those members played hardcore, ie beeing online at the crusial times at night to defend/attack in average. (the average number beeing online at peek times through a hole round or untill stagnation occured).

My final recrest are to the leaders of those alliances.

Did you ever reach a member count were you felt that adding more would make it allmost impossible to organise the allaiance the way you wanted? What do you considere the ideal hardcore membercount of a pa alliance?

I hope to get a few replies from some of the leaders of the conserning alliances if they are still around!
I just realized I didnt really read this thread before answering so didnt address some of your other questions. I addressed #1 but nothing more.

2) I'm not really at too much liberty to say how hardcore people were. You'll note I said Wrath peaked at around 200 members, but I went onto saying that after a 'cut' of waste it was more like 120-140ish. During r5 - all the ones upgraded I considered hardcore, they put in the effort and were regulary active - so say around 110ish of that 120-140ish. Fury itself didnt have so high a percentage, but it still impressive. Fury was around 60-80ish in channels, where Wrath was the same during r5. I remember the day the Wrath upgrades were given access to Fury channels and the old core members complained about the amount of activity in general talking. (and spam).

In all rounds with Fury we typically had 60-100ish online at any one time, and I remember that because I always viewed anything less as bad and r4 was the 'bad' time.

As for attacking, I remember reserving something like 7/8 clusters alone for Wrath in r5 during the NFU war and then more for Fury. Fury+Wrath was easily hitting roughly the same as Legion (which included VeA) at around 15-22 galaxies a night. In r6/r7 I found Fury held the slight edge, possible due to the strong r5 Wrath and the additional Wrath's afterwards - and probably the failure of Iliad which could have spurred Legion ahead. I doubt even Titans will contest that Fury was the driving force behind the blocks in both r6 and r7.

3) I felt that I should have done a cut of r5 Wrath far sooner than at the upgrades as it would have made that job a hell of alot easier and increased the already impressive efficiency of the alliance. As for Fury, no, I never felt it got too big nor that adding more members would kill it. Fury from my command experienced simply used Wrath for recruitment so we never really had to worry too much about being too bloated. We always attempted to keep Fury sleek, but activity monitoring was always sketchy at best and generally only the real wasters of time got kicked. The 'flab' was good at war times as it provides a layer of fat to get hit before your real hardcore players but has to be carefully monitored so that flab doesnt grow into the core I'm so imagery today.

Personally I stressed if Fury went into a round with less than 200 - but in hindsight I never really needed too - a better figure would probably have been 160 for the time I was Executive. I do believe Sid himself once said he thought 300 was an ideal hardcore alliance size, but unless he finds this thread and comments I cant be 100% sure to his opinion on it.

Hope that helps you.

Anything else, just ask.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 10:49   #18
Ice
Angel

Ice is an unknown quantity at this point

haha NFU vs Wrath, i still remember laughing irl from that
(Illegal) as that sorta caused it
(Illegal) so he was running to the bathroom with cum dripping from his face
(Illegal) yer
(Illegal) poor sod
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 21:53   #19
Treveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Too long to quote

Mucho nice info there, I would have guesed Fury to be bigger in r5/6.

I was about to join Wrath in r7, but as you had a rule to have 3-4 wrath members in each wrath gal it became to difficult to find enough vouchers

Instead we ended up in infection/Virus were we had many friends through madcows, and had one helloffa round there.
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 22:42   #20
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Mucho nice info there, I would have guesed Fury to be bigger in r5/6.

I was about to join Wrath in r7, but as you had a rule to have 3-4 wrath members in each wrath gal it became to difficult to find enough vouchers

Instead we ended up in infection/Virus were we had many friends through madcows, and had one helloffa round there.
There was a deliberate loophole I left in for this:

Prospect Candidates A and B require vouches. Prospect Candidates C and D use the vouches of A and B once they are accepted.

This allowed for Wrath galaxies by fulfilling only 2 vouches for 2 candidates, since those two candidates could then get people from their galaxy in. (Note: I only allowed ingalaxy for new candidates to vouch for)

Of course, sometimes I disallowed this depending on the candidate's history but more or less I gave abit of leeway. It was never a published thing, it was something I went by

So in theory if you and a friend had gotten the vouches needed, you would have been fine.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 10:45   #21
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

Not to go against Zhil but recall 440 members being signed up on Fury forums at one time. Dont recall round at all. But it was after we got Wrath so had to be r5-r7. But 440 was for both alliances and i'm quite sure on this info..

(btw zhil, u got old nicklists from fury/wrath? kinda need them for some recruitment stuff i'm working on. thnx)

Ministry for life.
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 11:26   #22
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
And BlueTubas of round 2 wasnt huge ? They were fckin immense.. had shedloads of members and no control over em (I would know.. I was BlueTubas). They pretty much accepted anyone that applied. lame
I was also a member of Legion, they were rather small and elitist. And I was Xanadu HC for 3 rounds and they were larget altough controlled and effective (unlike BlueTubas that was large and shit and newb).

Tesla
Going into round two the Tuba HC engaged in a policy of accepting everyone and their dog while simultainiously making friends with every alliance out there.
It was a somewhat shortsighted policy that was changed when the HC was replaced.

As for member numbers, I can't be exactly sure about it. 1500 could be about right. Lokken did remove a huge amount of members.

Where you in a different Xanadu ? I remember them being shit, newb and armed wth the political skills of a dead trumpet

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 12:03   #23
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Going into round two the Tuba HC engaged in a policy of accepting everyone and their dog while simultainiously making friends with every alliance out there.
It was a somewhat shortsighted policy that was changed when the HC was replaced.
Replaced would suggest that in some cases they actually existed :\

(you didn't mention that they made the alliance into less than nothing)

Quote:
Political Skills of a dead trumpet
I'm liking it
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 17:23   #24
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:

As for member numbers, I can't be exactly sure about it. 1500 could be about right. Lokken did remove a huge amount of members.

Where you in a different Xanadu ? I remember them being shit, newb and armed wth the political skills of a dead trumpet

Vaio
I agree bout the political skills, we fcked up all the time there.
But shit and newb ? Come on?! Xanadu is one of the best alliances to ever play planetarion, I was in The Legion the round before I joined Xanadu, and not even Legion could compete with the absolute efficiency of Xanadu. Xanadu was a offensive machine, though having sum weaknesses on the defensive side, depending on what wing u were and what kinda person u were. I for one got loads of def.

Tesla
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 18:34   #25
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
But shit and newb ? Come on?! Xanadu is one of the best alliances to ever play planetarion, Tesla
Calling Xanadu shit and newb is as relevant as saying 'unlike BlueTubas that was large and shit and newb'

Make of that what you will

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 19:29   #26
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueArmy
Not to go against Zhil but recall 440 members being signed up on Fury forums at one time. Dont recall round at all. But it was after we got Wrath so had to be r5-r7. But 440 was for both alliances and i'm quite sure on this info..

(btw zhil, u got old nicklists from fury/wrath? kinda need them for some recruitment stuff i'm working on. thnx)

Thats because I never deleted access to boards for Wrath members I 'kicked' thus that figure is wrong

You;re definately thinking of r5 since thats the only round where Wrath got to a massive size (due to me not effectively cutting weight - the onyl cutting being in defence privaleges and such)

And I have the old lists for r5 Fury and r5 Wrath on a virus infested hard drive.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 19:38   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
But shit and newb ? Come on?! Xanadu is one of the best alliances to ever play planetarion, I was in The Legion the round before I joined Xanadu, and not even Legion could compete with the absolute efficiency of Xanadu. Xanadu was a offensive machine, though having sum weaknesses on the defensive side, depending on what wing u were and what kinda person u were. I for one got loads of def.

Tesla
Does that effeciency include LDK? (or rather their brothers, sister, dogs and sheeps)

From what I saw in r7, I was very disapointed with Xanadu, but then again Xanadu might have been far over the top when one reached r7.

When it comes to legion, I never lost a single roid when I was there in two rounds
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 02:28   #28
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Calling Xanadu shit and newb is as relevant as saying 'unlike BlueTubas that was large and shit and newb'

Make of that what you will

Vaio
biased you are: BlueTubas WAS SHITE NEWB AND LARGE, GET OVER IT.
However Xanadu was elite.

kthxbye,
Tesla
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 02:30   #29
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Does that effeciency include LDK? (or rather their brothers, sister, dogs and sheeps)

From what I saw in r7, I was very disapointed with Xanadu, but then again Xanadu might have been far over the top when one reached r7.

When it comes to legion, I never lost a single roid when I was there in two rounds
Ministry was better than LDK in round 7, so yeah twas leet.. And as for Legion, I lost a lot of roids whilst beein in gay para 11 in round 4..
Xanadu pwned..

Tesla

Last edited by Tesla; 11 Apr 2004 at 10:50.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 02:57   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
biased you are: BlueTubas WAS SHITE NEWB AND LARGE, GET OVER IT.
However Xanadu was elite.

kthxbye,
Tesla
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 04:34   #31
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheACE
Isnt this just normal?
Might be nowadays, but it definately was what separated Legion/Fury from most other alliances back then.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 10:51   #32
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Pointless threads next generation.

Fury showed how bad BlueTubas was, so if u have anything to deny I'm sure I can argument it down.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 12:44   #33
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Pointless threads next generation.

Fury showed how bad BlueTubas was, so if u have anything to deny I'm sure I can argument it down.
You could say by that line of reasoning we showed how bad everyone else was at politics.

Missing the point slightly Tesla

BlueTuba r2 was NOT similar at all to BlueTuba r3 onwards.

If you're trolling, I've responded to it, but tbh I cba having people slandering BlueTuba.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 13:12   #34
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
You could say by that line of reasoning we showed how bad everyone else was at politics.

Missing the point slightly Tesla

BlueTuba r2 was NOT similar at all to BlueTuba r3 onwards.

If you're trolling, I've responded to it, but tbh I cba having people slandering BlueTuba.
heh.. well.. my view:
BlueTubas of round 2 was rather useless, I was a normal member of it and ranked at about 110th in universe (I started late).. I had loads of incs all round due to my late starting point, and I never got any def from BlueTubas apart from from my GC (Bedwyr.. who admittedly was BlueTubas), we always had to crossdef eachother due to the total uselessness of BlueTubas.. When Fury attacked me over and over I usually managed to crossdef it away due to the equally sized Bedwyr (he was about 108th ranked or so)... When an alliance is like that how could it be classified as anything else than shit and newb ?

Admittedly I was never a part of BlueTubas since but my view remains the same, they never did anything to make em stand out the slightest... I was actually more impressed by BlueTubas of round 1 with Negerslem and the bunch, 4:4 their coords was or something.. Skilled bunch of players..
BlueTubas is non-compareable to Xanadu whereas anything is concerned imo. They were both alliances is like the closest u get to similarities..

Tesla
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 16:49   #35
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Xanadu won a round, Tuba didn't.

"I'm lovin' it"

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 18:28   #36
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Let Scorpio's point remain forever as a testament to his stupidity

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 18:34   #37
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

and Tesla's of course

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 20:49   #38
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thats because I never deleted access to boards for Wrath members I 'kicked' thus that figure is wrong

You;re definately thinking of r5 since thats the only round where Wrath got to a massive size (due to me not effectively cutting weight - the onyl cutting being in defence privaleges and such)

And I have the old lists for r5 Fury and r5 Wrath on a virus infested hard drive.
u know anyone who could have those lists uninfested ? and it must be r5 yes, as that was when we changed forum and i think via removed the membercount later on.

Ministry for life.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 21:44   #39
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
u know anyone who could have those lists uninfested ? and it must be r5 yes, as that was when we changed forum and i think via removed the membercount later on.
My HD with that info isnt infested, its just plain dead \o/

Pissed me off too... all my r1-2 irc logs gone.

if you can find sandman, (quakenet maybe?) he would be a good one to try for r5.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 21:53   #40
kappa

kappa is on a distinguished road

i seriously doubt sandman has anything like member lists from rnd 5 saved
but yes he can be found on quakenet every hour of every day
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 22:00   #41
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

well, i figured since he was running a lot of the webby stuff at the time, it might be stashed somewhere.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 22:33   #42
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
and Tesla's of course

Vaio
sigh.. Vaio has no valid points whatsoever and cant argue with any statement in given post = Vaio flames the poster instead.. Real mature.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 22:53   #43
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

if any statement was any less than the ramblings of a deranged mind I would be able to argue any of the poster's statements

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 23:13   #44
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
if any statement was any less than the ramblings of a deranged mind I would be able to argue any of the poster's statements

Vaio
Okay.. mr sane..

What has BlueTubas ever achieved ?
What could possibly put BlueTubas up on the same shelf as Xanadu ?
Why is Xanadu not great (apart from given bad politcs at times) ?
Why didnt BlueTubas defend its members ever in round 2 if it was anything else than a bloated pile of crap ?

answer these for starters, it aint hard.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 23:37   #45
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Okay.. mr sane..

Why didnt BlueTubas defend its members ever in round 2 if it was anything else than a bloated pile of crap ?

keep it up Steve
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 23:40   #46
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
keep it up Steve
keep it up Adam
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 00:55   #47
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

deary me. you're the only one who gives a shit about all this tesla. Arguing would tend to suggest you have the mental age of a delinquent 6yr old seeking reassurance that his daddy is bigger than vaio's; wouldn't surprise me if this thread ended up in an argument about that actually.

some tips for the future:
1. arguing on t'internet is sad (unless you're doing it to wind people up for your personal entertainment ofc! - then it's )
2. arguing on t'internet about a text based online game is very sad
3. arguing on t'internet about a text based online game when you're the only one arguing or bothered is ...
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 02:33   #48
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
No, I'm the only Fury person left with lists from r5. I confirmed this with Sid at the beginning of r9 I believe. ANY Fury list is rare these days (even Germania has no lists from r6+)

The closest you have to it is the top 100 planet ranking on Scouse's website - which had a considerable amount of planets in it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 09:47   #49
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Okay.. mr sane..

Plenty
A Demotion
People like you
Tuba did, however you had probably either been booted or ran like a girl when the incoming started (like your heroes Negerslem etc)

next

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 11:29   #50
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
deary me. you're the only one who gives a shit about all this tesla. Arguing would tend to suggest you have the mental age of a delinquent 6yr old seeking reassurance that his daddy is bigger than vaio's; wouldn't surprise me if this thread ended up in an argument about that actually.

some tips for the future:
1. arguing on t'internet is sad (unless you're doing it to wind people up for your personal entertainment ofc! - then it's )
2. arguing on t'internet about a text based online game is very sad
3. arguing on t'internet about a text based online game when you're the only one arguing or bothered is ...
It obviously made u care enuff to paste several lines of ur "im so cool" drivel, so im not the only bored person around evidently.

some answers to ur tips:
1. I was bored and actually intrigued of how he could discuss away the blatant facts that I posted. Well since he was only trolling, he didnt do that etc. Big deal, took me about 2-3 mins to post those posts. Im sure u have 2-3 minutes free a day too, only u prolly use em to touch urself I imagine.

2. I care about as much about ur opinion as I care when I hear on the news that sum whale has been killed.

3. Read 2.