User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 12 Aug 2010, 13:59   #1
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Credit Bonus Modification

Something needs to be done with the credit system to get away from the one and done we currently have.

The current small advantage that is being created is what is causing a lot of people to simply ignore it and play for free(at least that's what I've seen).

My suggestion is a credit bonus that is re-usable to allow players that pay for the game to have more options.

With the start-up bonus that we have now, the credit bonus should start at 0 resources and 0 research/construction.

My idea for research would be after 25(easier rounder number :P) ticks it's up to 500
25 - 500 (20 res/tick)
72 - 1268 (16 res/tick after 25 ticks)
168 - 2420 (12 res/tick after 72 ticks)
276 - 4000 (10 res/tick after 168 ticks)
This would be a good capping spot for research. As this is re-usable I don't see capping research bonus as being a problem.

Now, the resources idea.
It would need to be the opposite, it would increase faster after a number of ticks .
25 - 22500 (900 income/tick)
72 - 82500 (1250 income/tick)
168 - 274500 (2000 income/tick)
276 - 598500 (3000 income/tick)

There would be no resource cap as it would max out at an extra 12 roids per tick that are untouchable.

The way I can semi-envision construction bonus would be double slider.

Say you have 3000 research and 450k resources banked in your bonus.
You need to use 2500 research this tick. So you pop your bonus.
But since you don't need the full 3000, you can move the research slider over to 2500 and as a result you get X construction units (Not going to try to balance this now, as that would need a lot of tweaking), same thing would apply to resources, Y resources not taking = X construction units.

Both the research and resources are just ballpark numbers and quite possibly would need to be tweaked (heavily) to make this idea worthwhile, but putting this up here was step one.

I will now leave the floor open for those cheap bastards that are unwilling to not buy 1 less pint per round of PA.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2010, 14:37   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Credit Bonus Modification

While I agree that the credit system needs changing (to allow for variable round lengths, which is something I've wanted for a while now), I don't see how your suggestion is particularly noteworthy. The underlying question being: to what end? What would this achieve? How would it make the game better and more fun?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 12 Aug 2010 at 14:44.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2010, 14:39   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

At this point in time, we have more paid accounts than free accounts. During every round in recent history this is also the case. It's been a 60/40 split for the last 10 rounds or so

I'm also not sure I understand the slider thing. I'm also confused as to how reducing the CU/tick and RP/tick to 0 at tick start encourages players to upgrade.

Finally, the current setup is 4000+24*tick RP and 2000+18*tick CU and 10000 + 4800*tick resources and 6+3/20*tick asteroids (from here)

All of your numbers are much lower than this, so I assume that you mean, for example, you want to change it to 0+ 50*tick RP, 0+30*tick CU, etc to encourage upgrading? I'm not sure what the staggering scenario, especially of RP/CU, really gains for the added complexity.
Unread 12 Aug 2010, 19:15   #4
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The underlying question being: to what end? What would this achieve? How would it make the game better and more fun?
My reasoning's as why I believe this would make it better and more fun is because it's not a permanent decision. There are multiple times during rounds where players wish they had saved their bonus for inc/large retal cap/etc stuff they're likely not prepared for but a re-occurring bonus would help out in those spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I'm also not sure I understand the slider thing.
Mostly it's just that I'm not certain how I would want to implement construction points into the bonus as I would bet 99% of the time no one takes CU.
This would allow for taking CU when you no longer need any Research Points to fill up your constructions later in the rounds.
Quote:
I'm also confused as to how reducing the CU/tick and RP/tick to 0 at tick start encourages players to upgrade.
I believe it has to be lower as it would be re-usable.
It could start up at the normal rates we have now then regrow that would be an option as well.
Quote:
Finally, the current setup is 4000+24*tick RP and 2000+18*tick CU and 10000 + 4800*tick resources and 6+3/20*tick asteroids (from here)

All of your numbers are much lower than this, so I assume that you mean, for example, you want to change it to 0+ 50*tick RP, 0+30*tick CU, etc to encourage upgrading?
Numbers need to be lower (but maybe not as low as I was suggesting) as the re-usability would make this WAAAAAAY too good if it was the same as we have now
Quote:
I'm not sure what the staggering scenario, especially of RP/CU, really gains for the added complexity.
It adds more options.
The simple ability to use the bonus more then once should be reason enough to encourage a higher percentage of paid planets.
All numbers were purely examples of what could be done, and what I would think would be fair.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2010, 23:23   #5
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I say bring back the 72 hours protection.

-Free Account-
A free account will be upgraded for the first week, after that it reverts to a Free Account.

A) 250 resource per roid.

B) When you signup you get resources to equal the value of current average player value, halved!

Example:
Average player value is 1mil, resources given are:

(1,000,000 x 100) / 2) = 50mil (16.6mil of each resource).

That might seem a lot, but your score would only be below 500k.

C) Population Sliders are restricted to
15% (-10) - Miners
30% (-20) - Researchers
20% (-15) - Construction Workers
30% (-30) - Shipwrights
25% (-25) - Security Guards

- Upgraded Account -

A) 300-350 resource per roid, this will entice people to upgrade early.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 13 Aug 2010 at 00:43. Reason: Easier Reading
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2010, 10:00   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
A) 300-350 resource per roid, this will entice people to upgrade early.
This actually sounds like a decent an idea.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2010, 10:27   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For the love of God don't make turn PA into a game that _requires_ people to pay if they're to have a snowball's chance in hell of doing well.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2010, 10:51   #8
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

tbh autoreport of incs is enough of a reward

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2010, 11:06   #9
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

We have more paid accounts at the moment than free accounts while also allowing free accounts to play the game comfortably and maybe even win it.

We do not need to give more resource or heavy advantages to upgraded accounts at this time, if you'd like to give more incentives, find better incentives. These could include:
1. When questlines are properly implemented, an exclusive upgraded account questline which can give out some not over-powered rewards, maybe even unlock achievement quests which give rewards to your lowest value galaxy member if you reach them.
2. Bring back ads for free account players, just regulate them so they arnt noisy ads or popups. Then upgraded accounts get a trivial advantage of having no ads.
3. Allow fleet naming, this would be locked for free accounts but unlocked for upgraded accounts.
etc.

Anything along those lines, We dont really need any major changes to the upgrade system.. as its clearly working.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2010, 11:37   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
For the love of God don't make turn PA into a game that _requires_ people to pay if they're to have a snowball's chance in hell of doing well.
Why not?
Unread 13 Aug 2010, 13:06   #11
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i have to say, one of the few things in PA that doesnt need changing is the upgrade bonues. people should not be able to use a credit everytime they need to out prod their incomings. people would pay the way to victory, which would suck.

there are other way more important things that need looking at.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2010, 15:01   #12
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
We have more paid accounts at the moment than free accounts while also allowing free accounts to play the game comfortably and maybe even win it.
And who do you think most of these paid accounts are? I would say they are Hard Core players, or at least addicts.

Hopefully with the jagex buy out, we will start to see increased number of signups.

I don't see the business sense in the way it currently works. Unless you want to be a scanner, you can play the game free. So why does anyone bother upgrading?

If it is loyalty that keep people upgrading, I very much doubt many new signups will even think of doing so.

No other game I have played gives you complete free access to the game.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 13 Aug 2010, 15:04   #13
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i have to say, one of the few things in PA that doesnt need changing is the upgrade bonues. people should not be able to use a credit everytime they need to out prod their incomings. people would pay the way to victory, which would suck.

there are other way more important things that need looking at.
Thats why we can just increase roid output to 300-350 for upgraded accounts. That way its not a short term, but long term bonus.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 14 Aug 2010, 00:09   #14
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

If it is loyalty that keep people upgrading, I very much doubt many new signups will even think of doing so.
i disagree

as you all know by now i am leading a training alliance

however some of those new players seem to be willing to upgrade since they slowly start to explore what PA is all about

many dont even think about it, but mainly cause they dont want to pay for something they dont understand and like for that matter

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2010, 07:02   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
many dont even think about it, but mainly cause they dont want to pay for something they dont understand and like for that matter
So the game should be "better" before money could be milked out of them?

Yeah. You're probably right. We're all having high hopes now, I guess.