User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 May 2009, 16:18   #1
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about
Alliance page idea!!! + bot idea's

First of all the Alliance page.

Firstly the attacks page, if planetarion was to give up a server or 2 devoted to making it easier for alliances/players, then i was thinking planetarion created a load of IRC bots for us to use wich can some how be interpreted into the game, so basicly we some how get the bot wich will be sat in the attack chan of the alliance. We use this bot for attacks made on irc but it also self updates it self from the bot to the attacks page in your alliance in planetarion. So this could possible help those people who are for what ever reason struggling with the idea of IRC or if there irc has gone bad etc they can check from there planet. This would make it easier for all.

Secondly the Defence page.

Same again apart from pa gives us a defence bot for our alliance chan wich is once again works from the alliance defence tab in game, so basicly as soon as someone reports an attack on an alliance planet the bot on irc self updates and starts flashing notices on some kind of timer until you put into the bot something like x:x:x covered eta 8 etc. Then the bot can relay X:X:X COVERED ETA 8.

Out of game webby's

One last idea would be for planetarion to host websites for alliances in planetarion, this would stop the cost of the alliances having to pay for there own servers for the alliance website, it does have to be state of the art but maybe with some intel tools and member base and scores and arbiter etc etc etc basicly everything an alliance could ever need or want to need.

Please post your feedback to this its very welcome, thank you
Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2009, 16:28   #2
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about
Re: Alliance page idea!!! + bot idea's

Infact if you managed to even 'PERFECT' an alliance intel/arbiter within the ingame alliance tab and basicly every possible thing u could ever want or need or anything the like then no alliance would ever want or need another website if every possibl things is put into the alliance tab, then we would see some pretty damn nice organised alliances .

P.S if possible improve the alliance attacks ingame also
Unread 10 May 2009, 21:29   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

At the minute we have the Planet/Galaxy/Alliance DB dump, but i think adding an API style access system would be very useful.

It basically can access all your info (Fleet/Res/Cons/Roids/etc) and exports to xml format.

Its only 1 way access so you cant change the value into PA itself.

The API url could be given directly to the alliance with use in the updating of fleet info on its alliance website, and keep track of launchs/recalls etc.

The API can be set by the player to only give access to info the player specifies.

This could be even used in a type of passive monitor type thing which could tell you that your research is finishing soon.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 23:30   #4
Dogs

Thing is would the pa team actually do all of this work for the game?
Unread 12 May 2009, 23:51   #5
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

of course not... but let me dream....

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2009, 07:35   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

mrlobster's suggestion is very different from the wide-ranging original post. We won't be having bots for a long while, if at all. There's a lot issues, including increasing irc reliance, and what happens if there's a net split or if the bot gets flooded off. The api is slightly more likely, and that could be used for a bot, but it'd be nice to get the alliance tools up to scratch first. I don't get what you mean about alliance hosting. That'd really get complicated if you mean actually hosting code for alliances on our site. Also has security issues. I'd personally recommend hosters i know can handle it rather than host ourselves.