User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Jul 2004, 05:41   #1
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point
Speed Game

I have heard the news about the speed games countless number of times, but i dont really get what they do and why they are there. Could someone explain to me what they are, why we have them, and what do they do??

Thanks
s7n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 07:04   #2
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Speed Game

It's basically a normal game of PA, but alot faster (the speedgames being planned now will tick 1 time per minute, 60 times faster than normal pa).
Sometimes the speedgames also have a special twist to them (like the one not allowing defence fleets).

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 08:35   #3
s7n
7ish

Does this mean end of a round? or beginning or half way fun?
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 08:46   #4
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

it means nothing for the normal round.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 09:21   #5
s7n
7ish

So what is it? Just something that happens in the middle of rounds?
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 09:24   #6
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

yes

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 16:02   #7
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

something for hardcore competition, that allow the best of the best to compete under difficult conditions such as 1minute tick and more...
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 18:16   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

we are just over halfway thru this round
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 00:45   #9
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
something for hardcore competition, that allow the best of the best to compete under difficult conditions such as 1minute tick and more...
There can only be one
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 00:47   #10
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Go on then Thunder - lets see you do it in the 2nd one of the 2 -- NO Defence possible.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:30   #11
s7n
7ish

It says signups for the first game are aviable...what does this mean?
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:32   #12
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

that you can sign up on speed.planetarion.com
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 06:56   #13
s7n
7ish

This does effect me at all? Right? Seeing as i already have a accout which is paid for.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 07:03   #14
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

PA built em to destory our real life heh :P

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 07:10   #15
s7n
7ish

But do i have to make a new account? Or sign up for it? Or do i just ignore the speed game sign up thing.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 07:33   #16
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

if you dont want to play speedgame, it has no relevance whatsoever to you, so just ignore it.

It has no effect on your current planet, whether you want to play speedgame or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 07:34   #17
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by khayoz
But do i have to make a new account? Or sign up for it? Or do i just ignore the speed game sign up thing.
You can make a new account if you want to join the speedgame. Or you can ignore the speed game sign up. You do not have to participate.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 08:54   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

/me will be playing his first speed game ever \o/

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 09:36   #19
s7n
7ish

What happens if i ignore it?
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 09:38   #20
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Nothing.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 12:10   #21
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Speedgames are events that are run every so often over a weekend. The games themselves are independent from the main game. Anything you do in a speedgame has no effect on your main game planet.

In this instance there are 2 speedgames on consecutive weekends with different styles of play. The first one is the same style of game as the current round is. ie. it's PA r11 but faster. It also has various breaks scheduled and is played in 4 slots, so that players can have a decent nights sleep, and get food during the day without having to leave their planet.
The second one is for the people commonly known as "a bit insane" which runs for 24 hours solid from tickstart with no breaks, and no sleep period. In this case there has also been a nasty little twist introduced which is that defensive missions will not be possible.

Ticks in speedgames run 60 times faster than in the normal game. ie. one every minute instead of every hour.

If you decide you do want to play the speedgame then apart from signing up at http://speed.planetarion.com you will need to already have an upgraded main game account, or know someone who does, as payment and credit transfer is done through that. A speedgame weekend costs 1 credit.

If you decide you don't want to play either of the speedgames then you just ignore the announcement and carry on playing your main game account as normal. There is no penalty for doing it, and the main game accounts do not get any kind of bonus if their owner chooses to play a speedgame as well.

Hope that's clearer.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 12:32   #22
s7n
7ish

Perfect. Thanks
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 03:40   #23
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Blacknova is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
The second one is for the people commonly known as "a bit insane" which runs for 24 hours solid from tickstart with no breaks, and no sleep period. In this case there has also been a nasty little twist introduced which is that defensive missions will not be possible.
"a bit insane" ...

That title fits most people in PA...

The people who do these sort of games are the candidates for the rubber room later in life

Nova
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 11:34   #24
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

pa is about defending and attacking...:S if you can't defend it's kinda silly....

i heard R6B is playing second only really... and my gf wanted me to come over that weekend.. so i doubt i'll cancel that for a speedgame with such silly rules:/ another time... a proper game and i'll win again with R6B the other guys can finish this one
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 07:58   #25
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknova
"a bit insane" ...

That title fits most people in PA...

The people who do these sort of games are the candidates for the rubber room later in life

Nova
some of the community are worth more of the title than others though
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 16:02   #26
Precursors

Precursors is an unknown quantity at this point

I created an account but can't find the link to pay for the account in Preferences
payment option not available yet?
Precursors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 16:59   #27
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Go on then Thunder - lets see you do it in the 2nd one of the 2 -- NO Defence possible.
R6B quality lies in attacking, not defence. So, indeed, this is prolly the best kind of speedround for R6B, although I doubt you thought it was I got my i-net back after 3/4 weeks now..

Still dates suck, but will gather some stuff together and see what's it all about. I don't know a thing about R11(Just like I never played R10 before winning the speedrounds with R6B ) This is an extra challange \0/

Cyph... You are playing!
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 17:04   #28
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

precursors, the transfer credit option only appears if you have a spare credit to transfer over
plus its in the main game, not the speedgame
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 12:15   #29
Fredtje

Fredtje is an unknown quantity at this point

So thats why kilroy called my yesterday in the middle of the night, "keep the weekend of 15 augustus free"
Think i can take that weekend off and travel to zandvoort again
Round8 [KniV]
Round9 [FAnG]
Round9.5 [Đragons]
Round10 [Đragons]
Round10.5 [MISTU]
Round 15 Comeback?

Proud to have been RedBull
Proud member of R6B Speedround Gods
Proud member of MISTU
Fredtje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 13:45   #30
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

kinda depends on linda m8:S not me and even then i'd need a lift:P as i won't drag comp with me in train or something:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 16:28   #31
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

i'd give it a try, but:
a) fighting the rest of the family over the use of the i-net aint something i cherish the idea of for an entire weekend.
b) i'm getting my car alarm fitted that weekend, and fitting a sound system to the thing afterwards. Thats a day's job. (great fun, ripping all the interior out of my car bar the seats, dragging some wires around, and then putting it all back!)
c) i dont have the money, saving up for a degree i start (hopefully) in about 2 months time.

PS, tsk it took 20 replies to this thread before the question was answered properly... :-P

Brimstone
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 17:39   #32
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

God.. im going to miss this speed round how anoying.. i was looking forward to once again going against R6B (lo Thunder ) Nah it was class last time especially considering i got to the finals.. i dont usally so.. but anyway gud luck competitors

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 18:44   #33
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
There can only be one

That one is usually me, unfortunately, I canīt participate in the first weekend.

Hoping I can make the 2nd.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote