User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Mar 2010, 13:49   #1
Spanky

Spanky is an unknown quantity at this point
Random gals arent fun anymore.

I havent really played this game for quite a while apart from joining late last round, and it seems nowdays that being in a random gal means you're a roid farm for the private gals.

This round my gal had over 80 attacking waves inc within 4 ticks of protection going off, and since then its not stopped really. The gal screen is still covered in red and I've had a total of 16 waves attacking my planet alone, and my gal has had over 150 attacking fleets inc so far.

Tbh, I was kind of expecting alot of inc although not to this extent... Is this supposed to be fun? I think the playerbase has dropped too much and there's too many private gals to make this game fun for random players nowdays. It is a shame though, I was kinda looking forward to playing this again, but it just doesnt seem worth the effort nowdays.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2010, 14:13   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Random gals arent fun anymore.

I understand the problem that you're having, but this was entirely to be expected. The first few nights people tend to attack solo. No one in their right mind would attack a private galaxy solo, simply because they've been organising for two weeks and are all set. On the other hand, I look at my random galaxy and I know the nicks of 3 of my galmates and we've had 25 lines of conversation in the gal channel.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2010, 14:37   #3
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Basicly most of the active players made private gals. I was upset when I saw private galaxies would be able to recieve defense from their alliance because it entirely screws those going random, and especially the new/returning players like yourself. Expect 2-3 nights of incoming like that, after that it will slow down a bit but it will still be a struggle to hold any roids. As soon as you cap, someone will come after them because they don't expect random gals to defend eachother much. It's possible that 1-2 random gals will be able to work together and deny random attackers regulary, but the sad reality is that most of the random gals will just act as farms for the private gals.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2010, 14:48   #4
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

The problem is that it may reduce in a few days time but its not going away; even if its down to the levels that the rank 60-100 gals get usually the lack of any way to escape through exile will make it very depressing for new ppl. Thus I anticipate that unless the avarage pa players attitude to bashing radically and dramatically alters private gals wont last longer than this round.
Not that a return to the old system really helps things, but i assume part of the PA crews' reasoning for private gals was that ppl might bring back old players to be in a gal with them, if that has happened it not been in any great numbers, Thus it probably wont be worth the cost of (further) alienating our 'new' or inactive players.
Unread 21 Mar 2010, 15:14   #5
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

No real surprises here.

It's still possible that a random galaxy will win the round (especially if big planets from private galaxies are "allowed" to exile into one or two random galaxies) but life in most of the genuine random galaxies is going to be pretty depressing.

If we must experiment with the game set up again next round perhaps we should try "full random" (with no exiling) - that way we'll have managed to upset all sections of the playerbase.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2010, 17:34   #6
Firebird

Arc i like the sounds of that full random gals only prob i can see there end up with inactives and people just wont play active
Unread 21 Mar 2010, 18:03   #7
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
I havent really played this game for quite a while apart from joining late last round, and it seems nowdays that being in a random gal means you're a roid farm for the private gals.

This round my gal had over 80 attacking waves inc within 4 ticks of protection going off, and since then its not stopped really. The gal screen is still covered in red and I've had a total of 16 waves attacking my planet alone, and my gal has had over 150 attacking fleets inc so far.

Tbh, I was kind of expecting alot of inc although not to this extent... Is this supposed to be fun? I think the playerbase has dropped too much and there's too many private gals to make this game fun for random players nowdays. It is a shame though, I was kinda looking forward to playing this again, but it just doesnt seem worth the effort nowdays.
You're not allowed over 400 roids this round as you're in a random galaxy. The round was over for you from the moment you went random, PA Team were meant to be trying to make the game more noob/casual friendly in a drive to increase the playerbase but they changed there minds and went in the opposite direction. Welcome back to Planetarion.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2010, 18:04   #8
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Arc i like the sounds of that full random gals only prob i can see there end up with inactives and people just wont play active
or we can just put everyone's planet into their own galaxy (which is essentially what full random will do for most people). will save the trouble of idling in an empty irc channel too!

Last edited by Zaejii; 21 Mar 2010 at 18:05. Reason: Light beat me by a minute :(
Zaejii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2010, 19:09   #9
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Unfortunately, that would also mean the removal of the (admittedly slight) incentive to encourage galaxy mates to "join in".
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2010, 00:22   #10
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

What did pa creators tried to achieve with having private and random gals? CAps!!!!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote