User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jan 2009, 07:29   #251
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: r30 ship stats

Those are the latest set of stats, dont know if\how much they will be changed in the next week tho.
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 07:49   #252
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
oh wow, xan fi/co doesnt look soo good, infact will require some skill to play.

ty
LOLING. HARD.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 08:56   #253
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

There was mention bout Lancer and WF upgrades. What were those changes?
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 11:04   #254
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Just ran through most of the thread and came to some simple conclusions:

Thatcher/KB is highly prejudiced and doesn't like ASC, this seems to infect his thought process
seriously i dont know where you are coming from with this, lokken said something similar, please point out any anti asc quotes i have made and then make a new thread and keep this one for r30 ship stats.

when challenged in pm lokken said my anti asc views were 'implied' (in otherwords he read into my posts some asc hostilty that doesnt exist), i think your going to have to say the same. so stfu, i dont think these stats are some asc conspiracy, i dont particularly care jbg is doing stats, all i care about is a balanced set of stats.

glad to see others than me seem to like the idea of the new phant init, wld like to say changing war frig init instead of phant init wldnt change anything as war frig cant defend in universe. up until last night jbg was weakening both dc/ac of xan fi/co and beefing up harpy in response to complaint over xan overpowering, i think now alot of this will be reversed in beta.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 15:26   #255
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFC View Post
There was mention bout Lancer and WF upgrades. What were those changes?
I think I changed those back (they were just efficiency upgrades) after I moved down the harpy's init.
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 20:08   #256
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
changing war frig init instead of phant init wldnt change anything as war frig cant defend in universe.
this is exactly why frigs should have the init lowed instead of harpies. this mean, only gal def. Firing at the same time, or before xans is an exception, not a rule, in order to be a balanced race, xan should be able to make good attacks against some races. The only good attack option for xan was its FIs, now, its none. Attacking cath and etd with FIs is very difficlt, xan vs xan, not good, and now, xan cant attack ter too (mainly) coz any harpies fleet will, or keep xans away, or make them recall, now xan can only attack zik (maybe) and it has a good ship that is the interceptor. Xan is nerfed, isnt playable. This last change was ridiculous, and I know it isnt JBG fault. The result u can see in beta. xans dont attack anyone alone. Its FR fleet turned to be the best option, still not a good option. Getting back phants init to 4, and high the arm of harpies to 9 should be the correct thing to do. Leting this 'hole' agains CR is also needed.
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 20:58   #257
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murador View Post
Leting this 'hole' agains CR is also needed.
If you make those other changes, this would just make them too good.

I think the stats as they are, are fairly balanced. Xan still has the advantage of low ETAs and cloaked ships and teaming up they are still a powerful force.
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 21:15   #258
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
If you make those other changes, this would just make them too good.

I think the stats as they are, are fairly balanced. Xan still has the advantage of low ETAs and cloaked ships and teaming up they are still a powerful force.

xan's have no advantage which outweighs or balances their inate suckyness.
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 21:48   #259
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
xan's have no advantage which outweighs or balances their inate suckyness.

what utter rot

clearly you have no idea how to play xan then.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 22:12   #260
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Fi fleet is still decent enough, especially once you have enough Phantoms to force a target to run. I'm doing fair enough by whoring Phantoms/Pulsars/Bombers, and relying on Ziks/Etd to cover cr/bs incoming.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 22:51   #261
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Fi fleet is still decent enough, especially once you have enough Phantoms to force a target to run. I'm doing fair enough by whoring Phantoms/Pulsars/Bombers, and relying on Ziks/Etd to cover cr/bs incoming.
Forcing a target to run is a bit of a gamble. Some people refuse to run based on the principle of "dont launch it if u cant land it," then uve got other factors like thinking its a fake, being afk, not caring, wanting to twat a top 3 planet ( ) etc D:

If ur launching attacks on the premise that ur tagget will run, sooner or later someone will call ur bluff.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2009, 22:58   #262
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Not really "forcing" them to run, just expecting that people playing for value don't like losing fleet, and so will probably run rather than have their fi/co/fr obliterated.

Sure, I'll lose ships too...but they'll lose a hell of a lot more, as well as losing roids.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 17 Jan 2009, 00:28   #263
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

how would they loose a hell lot more if the harpy (we were till now talking about them) fires at the same time as phant, has the same damage, but much more arm than phant ? AND the defender has the salvage, that is 20% higher ? anyway, I'm not playing xan, if u think that nerfing a race is balancing it... I cant do anything, but xan is no good.
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2009, 00:40   #264
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Xan still has the advantage of low ETAs and cloaked ships and teaming up they are still a powerful force.
I'm not sure we should be forcing players to team up - especially if we're trying to encourage the "casual" player. Teaming up is more for the alliance players.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2009, 02:56   #265
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murador View Post
how would they loose a hell lot more if the harpy (we were till now talking about them) fires at the same time as phant, has the same damage, but much more arm than phant ? AND the defender has the salvage, that is 20% higher ? anyway, I'm not playing xan, if u think that nerfing a race is balancing it... I cant do anything, but xan is no good.
Because if you're taking a target alone, odds are you're hitting one just above your bash level...meaning you're sending a ****load more value in Phantoms than he has in Harpies, enough to totally wipe them out.

At which point, he's ****ed out of all his anti-FI/Co ally defships, and asking for more Xan FI incoming which either his Fr or Cr (depending on what route he went) can't do anything against other than try to counter you.

Anyways, the Harpy initiative needs to be raised. This is already causing a big problem, and throwing more Phantoms at it isn't the most ideal solution. It's just messy for everyone involved :/

Utterly useless since r3

Last edited by Cochese; 17 Jan 2009 at 03:05.
Unread 17 Jan 2009, 22:19   #266
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

anymore news on stats, or has everyone gone to not caring since the OMAC stuff?
Unread 17 Jan 2009, 22:22   #267
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are going to be final on monday.

Dont know what else is going to be done on them now, although I must confess that in my opinion the harpy should be downgraded.
Unread 18 Jan 2009, 02:22   #268
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I'd like to remind people of one thing someone said once:

'Xan are never underpowered'.

It's worth bearing in mind: their fantastic init and cloaking gives them a huge advantage over other races. In the 7 or so rounds I played, and more I observed, I don't remember seeing underpowered xand. (although someone mentioned it did happen once... perhaps when etd were introduced?)
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2009, 10:56   #269
isildurx

Yeah I think they were underpowered in r22(?) when etd was first introduced. I cant remember any big xans from that round atleast.
Unread 18 Jan 2009, 16:23   #270
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

r17 xan kinda' sucked didn't they?
Unread 18 Jan 2009, 18:28   #271
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
r17 xan kinda' sucked didn't they?
Xand were not cloaked then.

They also had 3 t10 planets and 30 t100 planets. Hardly suckage material.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 14:35   #272
omb
c200

omb is an unknown quantity at this point

stat analysis ive done

im by no means an admin or anyone, just got too much time on my hands

ter-
weak
-cat co -extra co can steal fi flaks beets harps t2 on co
-etd bs - cr frozen t2 killed t1

middle ground
-cat de - cr have a chance if extra cr is ingal
-xan fi - fire same init
-cat cr - more cr from alli needed
-etd co- emp altho cath ingal can help harps fire t2 at co

strong
- xan fr - ter cr fire before xan fr
-xan bs - ter cr fire b4 xan fr
-zik fr - ter cr fire b4 zik fr and t1
-etd de - ter cr fire fist t2
-etd fr - doesnt target cr
-zik- ter cr fire first
==========================================
xan
you only play xan if you want to fake atack and fake def a lot

stats are irrellevant for xan

this is the only way they can be played

if you fake a buttload
==========================================
cat-
weak- beets and locust
de:
cat de -no anti de cept vipers- frozen
etd de- vipers help a lot

strong

bs/cr/fr/co/fi
=========================================
zik-
weak-
-ter cr - they fire first ofc
-cat cr - very weak how could that even be fixed?
-xan fi - how the fck can that be fixed?
-xan fr targets zik fi t1

middle ground
-ter fr- low numbers mass cors
-cat fi co - mass fi co helps with em a lot
-cat de- mass fico still hardish

strong:
-ter bs -rogues fire first
-zik bs

good points: rogue, cutlass can flak harpies and beets and defenders minimal loss (cutlass awesome for salvage)

===========================================
etd
weak
-cat cr - altho ter cr helps a lot
-xan fi - xans get frozen but have attack init advantage
-cat co - zik flak helps

middle
-cat de - ghost en mass help a lot free steal pillager
-ter bs emp no kill

strong
-ter de - ghosts hurt it a bit t2 tho
-zik fr -ghosts pwn t2
-zik bs -etd bs pwns it
-xan fr -ghosts pwn
-ter cr - freeze and kill init advantage

take 2
omb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 18:40   #273
Baba

Baba is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll have to agree with most that Xan is very underpowered with these new changes. Murador explained it well. This round will be DOMINATED by Cath / Ter CR combo.

Let me also add that when Xans fake attacks, they are either with another Xan, or solo. At this point Xans can only be successful in attacking when teamed up with CO. This will make their fake attacks MUCH less successful, and most likely cost them value along the way. This could be a huge problem for them.

Plus huge susceptibility to CR and somewhat to CO.

BTW I am not a Xan player.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 18:54   #274
isildurx

Have to say im somewhat surprised that there are so many xans signed up yes.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 19:35   #275
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
I'll have to agree with most that Xan is very underpowered with these new changes. Murador explained it well. This round will be DOMINATED by Cath / Ter CR combo.
I'm not convinced by that.

The cath killships aren't really worth building, so you're gonna have EMP only. And that makes you very weak in defence if you fall behind.

A number of caths will go for CO: and I suspect their CR may well struggle if alliances are sensible with defence. Bombers are cloaked and have 2 ticks to be gathered. Could be a serious problem as always.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 19:50   #276
isildurx

You think xans will build bombers rather than BS as defship?
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 19:59   #277
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

xan are not underpowered
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 20:00   #278
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
You think xans will build bombers rather than BS as defship?
You'd need to build 2 ships instead of just 1 then
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 20:02   #279
isildurx

But theyre less shit and theyre also a roidfleet so it gives you more fakeability.

Besides they will also get flacked by zik and ter cr which will be around in big numbers.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 21:35   #280
Gate
;D!

Depends on the alliance & race dist I guess.

Assuming it's a choice of bombers or an equal amount of resources spread between PK/spectre, then the bomber is better against ter CR (assuming even syren/titan split), ter BS, etd BS. More easily stunned but does more damage to cath CR. Much worse against xand BS though. The research time difference could be important.

Also, I think the E/R of the cutlass and possibly the harpy is a little high.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 21:37   #281
isildurx

Im gonna post this here aswell.

Dear pa team can you PLEASE reintroduce the cap on Finance centers again?

I BEG THE!
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 05:44   #282
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
more strategies = +++++++++++++++++
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 08:29   #283
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
seconded
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 08:34   #284
Hude
self-entitledly superior

"Also, the 60 finance centre limit has been re-introduced."

Holy crap, I'm too slow