User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 12 Jun 2007, 12:53   #1
Tearz
Peter Pwn

Tearz will become famous soon enoughTearz will become famous soon enough
Warehouses

A common strategy is to stockpile a great deal of resources in order to build out of incomings on your planet. (I use it myself a lot)

Whilst it is a valid tactic, it does tend to lead towards stagnation a little, with no penalty.

What I'd like to suggest is that your planet as standard would be able to hold, say, 10m of each resource (figure plucked out of thin air) We would then have a new construction type called warehouse, which when built would allow additional resource to be stored on the planet.

I think this could add slightly new dynamics with resource hoarders perhaps taking a little bit of a hit on income (reduced FCs) in order to keep up with their stock.
Tearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 13:16   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Warehouses

Unread 12 Jun 2007, 13:33   #3
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Yes me too. And lets make it so that if you SK them, all the contents are destroyed!
Landing on someones stockpile and blowing it up would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys with dynamite strapped to their backs.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 13:40   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not convinced about this.
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 13:44   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

This might however lead to a lot of very high valued planets being unable to attack anybody because of their high value. Needs to be implemented carefully
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 13:49   #6
Tearz
Peter Pwn

Tearz will become famous soon enoughTearz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
This might however lead to a lot of very high valued planets being unable to attack anybody because of their high value. Needs to be implemented carefully
If all the top planets were spending they would all increase in value.
Tearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 13:51   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

The silo project has been suggested I think multiple times before, but for some reason it has never struck through. It should be implemented, though, as it sounds like a very good addition to the structures and would force some choice between the mine mine mine stock stock stock and mine mine ware ware stock stock -to be.

Quote:
Really? I was massive round 13 and I did have a dozen or so targets, taking into account that I had a NAP with eXilition. If you're really massive, you will still have targets - this will just require your alliance to shrug off the NAPs and give you a priority to pick on the few targets you've got. Yeah, it takes nudging.

Also, the "unable to attack anyone" comes in controversy with the talk about lowbie bashing and bash limits. I mean, if there's too much lowbie bashing, and you'd feel higher bash limits would help, wouldn't this on the other hand escalate this issue?

Quote:
However lowbie bashing will always happen in one way or another, make it harder to hit below a certain value compared to your own will probably help some.
You are sort of contradicting yourself here.

Maybe a nonlinear bash limit could "help", but what sort of is a whole other story.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 14:01   #8
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Sounds good to me

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 14:21   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

A side effect of the changes made for this round actually forces this decision to some extent already.
You have to choose whether to stockpile and invest in factories to keep your production times down, or whether to order and keep your resource hordes low (and therefore production times low) and instead go for distorters, FCs or whatever.
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 14:54   #10
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
A side effect of the changes made for this round actually forces this decision to some extent already.
You have to choose whether to stockpile and invest in factories to keep your production times down, or whether to order and keep your resource hordes low (and therefore production times low) and instead go for distorters, FCs or whatever.
So youre effectively removing the bonus active players get from being able to build high constructions and maintain a stockpile and low prod times, and your levelling the playing field so less active players have less of a disadvantage?

Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 14:59   #11
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

er, what?
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 15:01   #12
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
So youre effectively removing the bonus active players get from being able to build high constructions and maintain a stockpile and low prod times, and your levelling the playing field so less active players have less of a disadvantage?
Sounds ace to me. Games where unemployed wasters and lazy students have a distinct advantage aren't going to be fun for lots of people in the long term, and while this advantage in PA will always exist, why not nerf it a bit more?
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 15:07   #13
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
er, what?
From your previous post it looks like you are saying that it is now not possible to have a stockpile and low production times without sacrificing the ability to have high finance centres amps etc.

Whats the point of putting in the hours of activity required to build mass finances centres ( like i did from tickstart last round) if u now do not have the ability to have a stockpile and Low prod times?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 16:01   #14
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well i think i have suggested a diffrent approatch on the issue ealier, as it is now you only need 1 factory for each shipclass and can build as much as you want with it, how about you need 1 factory for building f.ex 1-3m res per tick.

means you have to build a bunch of them to have any use of stockpiling and have the abillity of selfcover if needed

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 16:17   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well i think i have suggested a diffrent approatch on the issue ealier, as it is now you only need 1 factory for each shipclass and can build as much as you want with it, how about you need 1 factory for building f.ex 1-3m res per tick.
I reckon this has been implemented now.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 16:17   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1

means you have to build a bunch of them to have any use of stockpiling and have the abillity of selfcover if needed
That's basically sort of what we've done. Only there's more maths involved.
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 16:21   #17
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

the stockpileing crap is that makes the game stagnated and shitty so any change there is a good one, oh and no more cheating dorks can fiddle with the fund either

Unread 12 Jun 2007, 18:41   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stockpiling, as much as dist-whoring, is an actual ingame tactic and giving choices to people over what they want to focus on is cool. That said I'd probably decrease construction times and take off the limit on constructions while doing this.
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 20:06   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Stockpiling, as much as dist-whoring, is an actual ingame tactic and giving choices to people over what they want to focus on is cool. That said I'd probably decrease construction times and take off the limit on constructions while doing this.
What I'd be tempted to do, rather than removing the construction limit is introduce the idea of construciton upgrades.

Lets say you have a "basic" warehouse, but you have researched technology that lets you build "advanced" warehouses. why not let people upgrade their current warehouses.

The same goes for all the other constructions.

What I'd also introduce is the ability to remove constructions, and replace the construciton limit with a concepy of space - different construcitons would take up different amoutns of space e.g. heavy factory might be bigger than a light factory.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 20:27   #20
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
What I'd be tempted to do, rather than removing the construction limit is introduce the idea of construciton upgrades.

Lets say you have a "basic" warehouse, but you have researched technology that lets you build "advanced" warehouses. why not let people upgrade their current warehouses.

The same goes for all the other constructions.

What I'd also introduce is the ability to remove constructions, and replace the construciton limit with a concepy of space - different construcitons would take up different amoutns of space e.g. heavy factory might be bigger than a light factory.
All nice and good, but please fix the score system first.
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 21:34   #21
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood

well then every little noob have a stash it kinda have lost the tactical adventage and are a bad future to the game

Unread 15 Jun 2007, 00:08   #22
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

I've always liked the idea that lower down players would have some ratiod advantage over larger players so that the universe can restore balance in cycle.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 18:16   #23
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
I've always liked the idea that lower down players would have some ratiod advantage over larger players so that the universe can restore balance in cycle.
So you want players who put less effort to get larger advantages to compenstate for the fact that they don't put as much effort into the game?

Wait... doesn't that kinda defeat the point of rankings in the first place?
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 00:41   #24
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
So you want players who put less effort to get larger advantages to compenstate for the fact that they don't put as much effort into the game?

Wait... doesn't that kinda defeat the point of rankings in the first place?
A 'learning curve' does nothing of the sort. Most single player games have such a system where its easier at the start to do well, but gets tougher as you go along and even most of the mmrpgs have such systems, PA however doesnt, infact often its easier the higher you get. You can be a new player at the bottom of the game or a top ranked old player and the game isnt much different from a toughness pov and as such it could probably very well support 'ratio' advantages and such like for lower to make it easier at the lower end and more challenging at the top end
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 21:51   #25
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

This would certainly be a better idea than the current set up for R22.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 23:38   #26
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

I support this idea, that would be a decent change for punishing stockpiling as tactic

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2007, 00:35   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can someone please explain to me why this stockpiling tactic needs punishing?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2007, 15:25   #28
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Can someone please explain to me why this stockpiling tactic needs punishing?
it's a pa-team thing
they make sure any decent tactic is removed
its supposed to make game play better apparently

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote