User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 14:49   #1
Kejome

Kejome is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this Planetarions future ?

After bein asked several times to play planetarion again i decided to play the beta and so i did.

At first i couldn't believe my eyes , was this the game i loved so much ?

The first thing i did was lookin at the stats page, i saw only ships with damage/armour where did the guns,agil and wsp go ? Only 1 gun ? damn. Ok let's look at the tech tree which cons/res to do to get my roid scanning started, hmmm.
I didn't get it so i started pm'ing.
No need for roid scanning ? My hair went grey instantly , this was like one of the greatest parts of the game with the most thrills in the first 100 ticks.
Someone told me they removed it due to the 'luck' factor ? DUH !

I got someone to give me some quick info about all 'major' changes before i would get bald instead of grey.

So i played the Beta,
The more i played the more i missed the old style and , the things i really missed:
- scanning for roids
- 3 tick battles both on attackin and defending (almost no need for decent fleet composure)
- (semi)private galaxies (buddy code didn't work)
- no score formula ??!! ( what is this crap with xp score ? ) How can a person (galaxy/allaince) play to win when there is a 'secret' score calculation.

Beta wan't all bad as i found the engineering/cover-ops thingy nice new things to see,but having a 'delayed' launch button ? lol ,what's next ' a free bot ' to play for u ?

I never thought 6 rounds ago planetarion would go this way and personally i am not happy with it. In general it lost all needs to have skill and endurance
I hope the comunity in general is happy with it .

Regards,
Kejome

btw , i ended 2nd or 3th in beta thnkz to that crappy xp thingie and totally not due to skill.
Kejome is offline   Reply With Quote