User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Sep 2003, 14:19   #1
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
RX and Alliances.............

Well we've all seen the effects of Rx on the community which is being dramatically reduced.

And because of this it makes it next to impossible to judge how alliances will perform, the biggest and so called elite alliances are in some cases a lot worse off from alliances who are used to playiing with limited resources, so In some cases being an underdog is a huge advantage because now they are on a level playing field with alliances who are used to having a larger memberbase and a more skilled and active command, and in many cases the command staff are quiting the game.

So the question roams, which alliances will do well? I think there is more chance in the underdog alliances doing well this round, alliances such as rock, nd and many others stand more of a chance in getting top 10 due to the new stats and playing styles which were a hinderence before, and in many cases there playing style is more suited, they play for fun and dont mind losing ships if its for a good cause which inturn is changed into Score.

As for the main alliances, in many cases there member counts have been cut in half and some cases they've lost 2/3s of there memberbase and are bluffing there way around, ive seen the chan lists of many alliances, and most are hovering around the same amount of people, numbers that in previous rounds would have been laughed at, but now seems to be an average amount.

Should be interresting to see how long before this thread retorts into flame as usual.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 15:07   #2
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
I doubt the so called 'underdog' alliances will do any better than before. My guess is that top 5 will be Eclipse, Dragons, Elysium, Wolfpack and ToT in no particular order. I don't expect any big surprises here. I also doubt that anyone outside this group will have a planet in top 10 by the time R10 is over.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 15:12   #3
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
There is now a lot less skill from what i've seen in the beta and what people have told me. I think that the alliance with the most members should win this round as it seems that by bashing you get the most reward now.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 15:53   #4
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a feeling NewDawn will suprise a lot of people.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 15:54   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
There is now a lot less skill from what i've seen in the beta and what people have told me. I think that the alliance with the most members should win this round as it seems that by bashing you get the most reward now.

Bashing isn't rewarded, and whoever told you it was, is simply wrong.

I've hit several planets with half my Value but higher/near-equal Score, and gotten something on the order of 8-10 asteroids-- when they had no ships that targetted mine, thus being completely "un-disturbed".

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 16:19   #6
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
In a game less skillfull activity plays a big factor. Frankly the top alliances were always better at that really. They had the more dedicated players, the smaller alliances that play with a lot of fun in their gaming approach also contains lots of excellent players but thay just cannot be bothered to play with the dedicating a top rank requires.

So I think little will change.

hAl
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:07   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
In a game less skillfull activity plays a big factor. Frankly the top alliances were always better at that really. They had the more dedicated players, the smaller alliances that play with a lot of fun in their gaming approach also contains lots of excellent players but thay just cannot be bothered to play with the dedicating a top rank requires.

So I think little will change.

hAl
imo that's a load of crap. How can you claim that the big alliances have more skilled players and more active players? If a top alliance of 250 members has 100 online, then that's worse then an alliance of 50 having 21 pple online.
Size has nothing to do with how good and how active or dedicated your members are. The only thing that never makes them getting at the top are simply the numbers.

I never thought pple could be that naive claiming the bigger the alliance, the better and more active the members must be and the more serious they wanna play ...

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:13   #8
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:37   #9
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
How long till some people start using this as proof that RaH and ND are allied for round 10?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 18:12   #10
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
How long till some people start using this as proof that RaH and ND are allied for round 10?
u mean its not official knowledge yet

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 22:15   #11
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran

Size has nothing to do with how good and how active or dedicated your members are. The only thing that never makes them getting at the top are simply the numbers.
rgds Kj
This is true of course but that leads to the fact that the best players or the most active will often do their best to get into the so called best alliances where their high activity will be more rewarding. This will in turn provide an activity gap between the so-called elite alliances and the so-called average alliances.

But with the new round coming with a totally new game and the huge exodus of players, this might very well effect the top alliances harder. The new round will also be seen at as a huge opportunity for a new or a former "average" alliance to reach the top. Time will tell! :-)
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 23:57   #12
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:

I dont.
Most people know very well how massivly ND grew before/during last round, and what they achieved. Your comment is better suited for pre-9.5 imo
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 00:25   #13
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
stop talking about us we're trying to hide

Unread 13 Sep 2003, 03:03   #14
KinGSmity
Kralizec

KinGSmity is an unknown quantity at this point
Go ND

Rd2 - Angel Executive.
Rd3 - GLX Member.
Rd4 - GLX Member.
Rd5 - GLX Member / Legends Officer.
Rd6 - Olympus Officer / Elysium Member.
Rd7 - RaH Member.
Rd8 - FAnG Officer.
Rd9 - FAnG Member.
Rd9.5 - SpaceHamsters Member / FAnG Member.
Rd10 - FAnG Member.
Rd10.5 - Mistu Member.
Rd11 - Mistu Member.
Rd12 - Mistu Member.
Rd13 - Wtf?
KinGSmity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 03:09   #15
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold
GO ponies
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 07:57   #16
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
I never thought pple could be that naive claiming the bigger the alliance, the better and more active the members must be and the more serious they wanna play ...
Read again , I was never referring to top alliance size being big but to the dedicating of their players.

hAl
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:30   #17
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve
jep i think ND will do well, but i also will go for a WolfPack, Dragons, Elysium, Eclips top 4 (in no particular order). I dont know how good ToT will do after they lost German block.

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 16:31   #18
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Quote:
why?
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 16:43   #19
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Veil05
why?
Cos they haven't recruited you, always a good place to start

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 17:15   #20
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
I think the top alliances will get stung a lot more for cheating this round.

Its gonna be a lot harder to protect their farm planets outside of their In-Game Alliances.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote