User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:14   #1
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough
The lemmingrun, version 9.5

And so the story goes:

I wasn't there to witness the preliminary discussions first hand, but I can pretty much imagine how it must have been:

Quote:
In a rodent hideout, most likely a hole in the ground at the foot of a mighty mountain:

Lemming HC> Commander, the rodents are restless. The round is coming to an end, and the mandatory lemmingrun hasn't yet been carried out. Rumours in the community have it the lemmings are no more, and the lemming hordes, stupid as they may be, seem to find this rather insulting, sir.

Lemming Chief> Mandatory, you say? But hasn't this been a quiet round? There are no blocks to attack, no wars to be fought, no bandits to bite.

Lemming HC> With all due respect, sir, that doesn't cut it. History has shown us that the lemmings are incapable of maintaining their score until the end of the round. Massive suicide is bound to occur, and it is my recommendation that we implement some structure, guide the lemmings towards a cliff and carry out the inevitable in an orderly fashion.

Lemming Chief> Massive suicide, you say?

Lemming HC> Yes, sir. We might - in the end of the line - be facing a suicidal uprise, sir.

Lemming BC> If I may interrupt, sir, I must admit my teeth have been itching for days now. It's our heritage, sir, it's in our blood.

Lemming Chief> Good, then. I herebye order a collective suicide on all lemmings, carried out in an orderly fashion. You are allowed to search through my personal notes in the top secret, brown cardboard box over there, and single out the coordinates of the worthiest cliff.
I guess the officers praised this wise decision by their leader, and that they eagerly attacked the cardboard box immediately after.

Nothing is really streamlined in the lemming world, and it must surely have been a tremendous job to go through the massive amount of reports found in the box. Intelligence reports, battle reports, quite a few not-so-intelligent reports and a handfull of personal love letters were all curled up to form a ball, or a nest of some sort, as the top secret cardboard box also served as the very bed of His Highness the Lemming Chief Dworak. I won't even mention the amount of Lemming Chief Fur or Supreme Leader Droppings the ever so hardworking officers had to dig their way through.

But it payed off, as proven by this intermezzo:

Quote:
In a rodent hideout, most likely a messy hole in the ground at the foot of a mighty mountain, small paper notes flying around in the cold, highland air, threatening to knock the lemming officers over:

Lemming HC> Sir, we think we've found it!

Lemming Chief> Excuse me?

Lemming HC> The target, sir. For the lemmingrun.

Lemming Chief> Oh, right - of course. What do you have for me, Officer?

Lemming HC> Judging from the content of the top secret cardboard box, sir, it seems the universe is reigned by a certain group of hostile creatures under the name of LDK.

Lemming Chief> LDK, you say? The name rings a bell... - Lobsters Denying Karma!

Lemming HC> Uhm...

Lemming BC> If I may: It stands for "Lifeform Designed to Kill", sir.

Lemming Chief> In the holy name of Duke Leto! What did you just say? Have you no shame?!

Lemming BC> Uh, well, I could of course be wrong, Commander sir. In fact I think it might indeed be the Lobsters Denying Karma.

Lemming HC> But it's perfect, sir! They are very big and very bad, and one of them has persistently been harassing innocent rodents throughout the entire round. He's been attacking us in-para and in-cluster, sir, thus violating all rules of conduct and sportslemmingship.

Lemming Chief> Dear, oh dear, it this truly so? Does he not know any graciousness whatsoever?

Lemming HC> None, Commander sir.

Lemming BC> And they deny Karma and lemming resurrection, sir.
Needless to say, the Lemming Chief was very concerned. He pondered the disturbing news from his officers, and soon realized there was nothing he could do but to gnaw the attack order into a nutshell (as is customary in times of crisis), and order the officers to xerox it and run over the hills and far, far away, demanding they spread the news to lemmings in every corner over the world.

The rest is history. The legend has it one lemming proudly flashed his teeth while cliffdiving to meet his destiny, and that they read the inscription "hirr today, gone in 60 seconds", but no one can tell for sure. The lemmings of hirr were no more, no one returned home to tell glorious tales of victory.

The legend also has it that the 17th planet of the universe actually dropped a place or twentyfour on the universal rankings, but who am I to tell - it could all be just another rumour.

The very last lemming of the universe, namely Lemming Chief Dworak himself, stared at The Nutgnawer Courier. His brown fur was softened by the bright sun, as he read the headlines: "hirr today, gone tomorrow - read more on pages 2-20".

A squeaky sound left his lungs as he yawned towards the dazzling sun; he folded the newspaper and put it gently to the ground. "I'll read it out loud", he said to himself, "as soon as the resurrected lemmings are here to listen".

The Lemming Chief curled up in a small cardboard box, wanting to have a nap before tidying up the paper notes laying around.

No wonder he was sleepy - he had enjoyed a huge lobster for supper.

Xeno

Last edited by Xeno; 18 Jul 2003 at 14:50.
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:33   #2
Provider
Smurf Forever

Provider is an unknown quantity at this point
/me smiles

btw.. when will you rejoin our old galchan? You're being missed

-=Caliban [ND HC]=-

rnd 3: If I only could remember - GIA HC/TGS
rnd 4: [30:14:3] (smurfs) - Fury/TGS HC || rnd 5: [21:4:16] (gauls) - TGS HC / WPO
rnd 6: [1:2:4] (LotR) - WP HC || rnd 7: [22:8:9] - WP HC
rnd 8: [55:8:9] - WP HC || rnd 9: [11:10:8] - WP HC || rnd 9,5: [x:y:z] -
WP HC rnd 10,11,12 etc cant be assed anymore to write it down here.
rnd 35, 36. 37: ND

Proud to be a Wolf in [WolfPack]
Provider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:37   #3
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
I think you agree with me when I say "thank god, none survived".
Kinda amusing how you even managed to provide yourselves with about 200 gravestones

I have to give it to you though, last time hirr attacked me (38:6:3) and Basta (38:6:15), they pulled. Probably because they heard we only had fake defense. You belly-crawlers sure know what you want

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:40   #4
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
At least hirr doesnt need friends/family/cousins/assorted furry animals to have accounts to have fun.

GJ, you quite clearly achieved your objective .
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:39   #5
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Nice read, if only there was a little lemming in us all hey
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 18:38   #6
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
\/ This game clearly needs this spirit more than "skilled" twats who only roid. I again bow my head in front of the mighty lemmings
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 20:01   #7
nORB
Useless_Painkiller

nORB is an unknown quantity at this point
I was retaling 3 lemming runners and i've got income from para 0 ships then asked why he's attacking me ..... and got answer:

From: Maverick of The Top Gun Flight School (41:10:19) 17/07/2003 14:29 GMT
Subject: Re: hi

what can I say, my fighters missed the lemmingrun so i needed them to die, you were attacking friends, so I attack you back. You'll kill my fighters for me and i'll be able to kill a few of the ships before they go with my vsharraks. I will be happy with the outcome

this leming runner has took most score that i was lost in attack whole round (1,9 mln) because most of my fleet was out It's quite an effective tactic

r5 – 29:14:10 Depeche Domain of Useless Garbage (in own time #2 galaxy) (CROSSFARMING - quick way to high ranks)
r6 – 12:24:11 Painkiller of Uninvited Guest (in own time #7 galaxy) (FREEZING HUMAN - no kill no fun)
r7 – 28:9:6 Violator of Hidden Pain (BASHING MONSTER - c28 horror)
r8 – 21:2:4 The dead of night of Pain in the ass (sucking TERRAN - too many powerful sentinels)
r9 – 15:4:8 lamers outside of n00b inside (PIGGYBACKING MASTER - after WEET split)
r9.5 – 40:10:2 Painless_userKiller of Useless_Painkiller ( #8 in the UNIVERSE )
I'm simply LDK member who don't want to occupy any post of having any additional worries
nORB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 22:57   #8
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Our friendly galm8 The Editor of The Nutgnawer Courier died heroically with the masses.

hAl
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 04:03   #9
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

nice read a good change of pace on this damned forum
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 04:42   #10
princess
teh emp

princess is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Provider
/me smiles

btw.. when will you rejoin our old galchan? :) You're being missed
because he belongs in my gal chan now :D
was an honour to have you ingal xeno :)

r4.0: [ 169:24:20 ] - n00b
r5.0: [ 036:17:24 ] - f00kerz
r6.0: [ 004:02:14 ] - f00kerz
r7.0: [ 001:05:13 ] - random
r8.0: [ 019:04:01 ] - Ultima
r9.0: [ 005:05:xx ] - mascott
r9.5: [ 020:01:18 ] - f00kerz / KoE / Πragons
princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 12:59   #11
Hannes
jump around :)

Hannes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrath of Azure
nice read a good change of pace on this damned forum
indeed
[ r9.5 - The Children of Bodom - 18:3:22 ]
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 15:08   #12
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point
Respect, hirr
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 19:20   #13
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by nORB
this leming runner has took most score that i was lost in attack whole round (1,9 mln) because most of my fleet was out It's quite an effective tactic
if u had a fleet free u should send your ships away, as he couldnt steal roids.. thats the reason that tactic often fails =)
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 14:40   #14
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve
a question to the lemmings: why dont do the lemming run next r in the beginning so u can kill your target and maby have more then 1 lemming run.

this is only an option, and my opinion

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Π] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 20:45   #15
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
nicely done hirr
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 00:22   #16
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by TheACE
a question to the lemmings: why dont do the lemming run next r in the beginning so u can kill your target and maby have more then 1 lemming run.

this is only an option, and my opinion
well, usually hirr lemming run is aimed at the twat of the round. And that person has not be the nummero uno in uni, or smth similar, then lemmings bite back, and they select usually that guy as lemmingrun target, who abuses and annoys lemmings at moust. sometimes lemmings have to choose another target becouse that person may suck (hello TheRat in r9 )

So, i hope that now u understand why lemmings run only once in a round, and do it at the end.

OlaTa
Ex- hirr BC
Ex- lemming
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 00:24   #17
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
You not cuddly anymore Olata?
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 23:30   #18
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road
Like all things, the religion of lemming spirit is perverted.

Originally, the idea of a hirr attack on a dauntless foe was spawned from the desire to harm the attacked planet and even perhaps gain a few roids. After the initial attack on The Edge that ended in absolute failure, solace was taken in the fact that hirr members held true and suffered losses to prevent even greater losses if others pulled. A religion was generated from this incident propagated by iconic figures like Lurker and Leto and the mythology of the lemmings was born.

This sometimes takes away from some of the actual tactical accomplishments that this small alliance was capable of, even though in the grand scale of things, numbers, bots and account abuse kings always won out the day. But hirr attacks were often very effective.

In time, the lemming run was used as a weapon of fear, although who we actually scared is beyond my recognition... but in many cases, those targeted for a lemming run new that they would indeed suffer losses as the noble lemmings purpose was to due harm in the confidence of all hirrers maintaining their attack vectors to the very end... no one pulls.

The suicide element evolved from the perversion of the ideals and eccentricities of our members, who are severely cracked and at most times exist in a state of great moral terpitude.

Thus the run on the Edge was hirr's crucifix which we nailed ourselves to... and brought forth a religion of sacrificial masochism in the spirit of our members. This religion has twisted and warped into what it has become today, and from what I have read, seems to continue on in its current form outside of the leadership and guidance of some of the most well known Messiah's of the past.

: )

It's amazing how far this alliance has come from a semi serious clan of ex Action Quake 2 players and Norwegian Whalers.

Leto

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 05:36   #19
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
Leto
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 14:46   #20
Hurragutten

Quote:
Originally posted by TehVader
Yes, Howcome?
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 07:21   #21
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by TehVader
Nope

Quote:
Originally posted by Hurragutten
Yes, Howcome?
No comments

btw wtf U are ?? :P
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:25   #22
Endor
[S]

Endor is an unknown quantity at this point
welldone lemmings

too bad there arent more of your kind so your alliance could be bigger and have important lemmingruns all trough the round

but wouldnt be in the spirit of hirr right ?
r3: 103:12 TF/UV
r4: ??:18 UV
r5: 14:17 UV
r6: 3:16 Silver
r7: 29:18 UV
r8: 15:10 UV/VD
r9: 3:3 VGN/hirr/Seraphim
r9,5: 22:1 Seraphim
Endor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 00:31   #23
Hurragutten

Quote:
Originally posted by OlaTa

btw wtf U are ?? :P
Your worst nightmare?

nah, just a guy spamming these boards
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 02:05   #24
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Like all things, the religion of lemming spirit is perverted.

Quote:
Originally posted by Duke Leto

It's amazing how far this alliance has come from a semi serious clan of ex Action Quake 2 players and Norwegian Whalers.

one of you hirrers made riotx? fkin awesome handcannon map
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:26   #25
Fist
in your ass

Fist is an unknown quantity at this point
gotta love the lemmingrun!

Round 2 - 4:18 [C4E] #9
Round 3 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 4 - semi-idle somewhere in p19 [TGS] + [p19a]/[R0CK]
Round 5 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 6 - 15:12 [Iliad] then no allie
Round 7 - 12:16 [Blackice]for a few weeks + [VtS] #46