User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Jun 2014, 03:35   #51
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
I'm sorry but FAnG had a block behind them the round they beat Ultores.

FAnG were a very competent alliance, but not anywhere near the level of Ultores were.
And Ultores did not? Ultores were allied with both ND and App R49, and DFWKT a were always on the Ult side every round they played.
Conspiracy were helping FAnG for most of the round ofc, but it was far from FAnG + a big block vs Ultores.
Its so funny that you also are trying to discredit everyone that has been beating Ultores the same way Kaiba is doing it.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 08:14   #52
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

I am pretty sure Ultores has never gone into a round with a pre-round round-long nap before.

As for R49 we had incs from start till finish and still finished 2nd with 66% more incs than 1st. The drive to win declined round after round during our streak, with the loss of round 49 we decided it was time for a break, we brought it back hoping that people would give us a break and not decide to block against us for majority of round.
However this has not been the case, regardless of how ultores comes into a round we know for a fact that for at least two weeks in a row we will have to ground cos of block. We have already seen CT declare war on us thus far, it will only be a short amount of time before they gather enough support to force us to ground. Nothing really changes.
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 11:02   #53
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDN View Post
Rumours say their members decided to leave because Spore only defended their top20 planets for the last 1 1/2 week of last round.

If thats true i dont know.. But Shaz is playing with BF and the other active dc aint playing at all.. so i guess they are more of a social group this round.. they swore to kill of vikings this round for going against them last round tho.. is that the reason vikings has less than 300 roids per planet atm? thats extremly low.. most allies have higher just hours into the game

Rumours has it CT/p3ng is forming a coallision tho.. I bet Spore/Newdawn has been asked to do their bidding aswell? so i guess its a standard 3-4 allies on ultrace up until about tick 500-700 where faceless and blackflag will have to cry for help
While some members of Spore did leave for this reason, others who left I'm pretty sure did not do so for this reason. The simple fact is, some members who felt this was wrong have a clear lack of vision and also could not present alternative options that could (a) be fair (b) achieve the #1 alliance goal. As Spore members can tell you from last round, I engaged in discussion in our private channel on the topic and was willing to listen to member suggestions.

Some wanted just a change of alliance and structure though.

As for the "decline" of Spore this round, this is more down to it's structural changes and probably a 20% activity of the High Council from previous rounds which has led to us promoting key trusted members to run day-to-day operations. Additionally, the loss of over 20 members is a third reduction in strength.

I'll also just state for the record that currently Spore is not at war with Ultores nor do we consider Ultores hostile. We have no desire to join in a block war verses them. Why should we fight battles that have nothing to do with us?

Regards,

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 11:37   #54
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
And Ultores did not? Ultores were allied with both ND and App R49, and DFWKT a were always on the Ult side every round they played.
Conspiracy were helping FAnG for most of the round ofc, but it was far from FAnG + a big block vs Ultores.
Its so funny that you also are trying to discredit everyone that has been beating Ultores the same way Kaiba is doing it.
If I recall correctly, Ultores were grounded for a large portion of the round while defending against the FAnG block, whereas FAnG were free to hit Ultores at will. FAnG had more support than just CT.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 12:05   #55
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Basicaly what all of you are saying is: every alliance is shit.
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 13:23   #56
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
If I recall correctly, Ultores were grounded for a large portion of the round while defending against the FAnG block, whereas FAnG were free to hit Ultores at will. FAnG had more support than just CT.
What support you refering too then?
The fact that Ultores decided to ground at nights to defend their top planets, and often going out solo raiding none-fang during the days was their choice. FAnG was ONLY attacking Ultores basicly, maybe the coordination between FAnG/CT in attacks was way more effecctive than what ever the Ult block could come up with.
The only reason FAnG could win R49 was because they were very offensive against their biggest threat, Ultores, and kept them nailed down for large portions of the round.
If any alliance have the goal to be doing good, or even fighting for a top1 spot, they will have to attack their biggest threat, or settle for 2nd or 3rd.
Seeing alliances like BF are more interested in NAPing Ultores tells me they have allready given up.

Unread 9 Jun 2014, 13:43   #57
SDN

SDN is an unknown quantity at this point

You two are always going at it about 7-8 old rounds (just marry already and argue over breakfeast instead)

You seem to put all your effort into badmouthing Blackflag for not hitting Ultores. Why on earth should they? They are a new alliance, and ct/p3ng are already pulling all their strings to gangbang ult.

Staying out, not getting the fury of ult later in the round is a much smarter chooise, ult is getting hammered soon anyway..

Some times your tunnel vision badmouthing of certain allies just dont make any sense mate..

Recent rounds:
Round 68 - #1 Gal Rank #6 planet
Round 67 - #1 Gal
Round 65 - Rank #3 Norsemen
Round 61 - Rank #37 Faceless
Round 60 - Rank #14 Ultores
Round 58 - Rank #35 Allieless xp play
Round 56 - Rank #14 Vikings
Round 54 - Rank #5 Vikings
SDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 14:16   #58
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
You two are always going at it about 7-8 old rounds (just marry already and argue over breakfeast instead)

You seem to put all your effort into badmouthing Blackflag for not hitting Ultores. Why on earth should they? They are a new alliance, and ct/p3ng are already pulling all their strings to gangbang ult.

Staying out, not getting the fury of ult later in the round is a much smarter chooise, ult is getting hammered soon anyway..

Some times your tunnel vision badmouthing of certain allies just dont make any sense mate..
There is a danger to not doing anything either. I'm sure BlackFlag command don't need me or others to highlight the risks associated with both courses.

BlackFlag being a new alliance is fairly irrelevant, they have chosen to contend for #1 and recruited a strong memberbase in order to do this.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 17:14   #59
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
my comment was correct at the time of it being posted, it would be no longer
Damn you for making me check
two days prior to your post they were offering naps
9:13 am Friday morning to be precise

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 17:54   #60
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

So all i get from this now is as follows:

a) Spore are shit without Shaz to DC all their incs (which kind of makes them like ND)

b) Butcher is actually a retard

c) CT (who have crashed more value in these opening 200 ticks then they normally do in the final 300) are going to 'organise' a gangbang on Ult.

sooo... maybe this will be rd 44-48 again. CT attacks ult with friends, ult grounds, ult loses a few roids a night for 2 weeks, CT gets fat, CT gets cocky, Ult organises politics with others who are sick of CT acting like arrogant tools, CT ships 25% of its roids in 2 nights and Ult spams XP lands on CT rushing far into the lead. P3n naps Ult rather than getting wiped out. Ult wins.

This is how it used to go and how it will again
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 18:02   #61
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Damn you for making me check
two days prior to your post they were offering naps
9:13 am Friday morning to be precise
If you reread my original comment I did not say that munkee, Assassin or anyone else had not been talking to others about the possibility of naps (as I clearly dont know what they say to others elsewhere), simply that it had not been mentioned to the memberbase and that it needs to be before being agreed. There may have been discussions on Friday, there had been nothing agreed. Discussions does not equal having an agreement in effect.

Edit: and I am not against there being discussions of such a sort between alliances - if you refuse to talk to anyone you can hardly react well when something does happen.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 18:07   #62
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post

a) Spore are shit without Shaz to DC all their incs (which kind of makes them like ND)

Spore without shaz finished 2nd two rounds running (one round we lost because another alliance or two, who we preiviously killed off, thought 'we got owned so lets do nothing but fc spore)

I would say that saying we are shit because we dont have one player is rather offensive to the members, to the dc team and most of all, to kudzu, who did a large majority of the dc'ing the past 2/3 rounds.

You are nothing but a troll who achieved nothing in pa anyway
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 18:21   #63
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Spore without shaz finished 2nd two rounds running (one round we lost because another alliance or two, who we preiviously killed off, thought 'we got owned so lets do nothing but fc spore)

I would say that saying we are shit because we dont have one player is rather offensive to the members, to the dc team and most of all, to kudzu, who did a large majority of the dc'ing the past 2/3 rounds.

Whats all this 'we' business? You arent Spore anymore.

Simple facts are you won the round that Shaz played and you buckled in the 2 she didnt. Its the same as saying FaNG are shit without Irvine, which is also true, i have experienced that first hand.

I am hearing that Spore is a friendlier place without you tho, so every cloud and all that.....
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 19:01   #64
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post

Not strictly true, he did manage to disband an alliance because a 10 man bg hit them
Credit where credit is due

-Rommel
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 19:26   #65
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Not strictly true, he did manage to disband an alliance because a 10 man bg hit them
Credit where credit is due
I stand corrected.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 19:28   #66
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:

Spore has lost a great deal of its active command for this round. (excluding the 20+ members that also left). Spore ran just fine without shaz in its previous rounds (two of which it finished 2nd) but contrary to them we simply do not feel like a hardcore round yet again. Spore has been a uphill struggle to build since our conception and many of our core members were simply tired (including myself)

shaz for the record mainly did dcing on the weekend only last round, compared to kudzu who pretty much did the week days with support here and there from others.

We had zero intention of coming into this round with a hardcore 'win' attitude. As many of my closest confidants would state, I'm simply exhausted from the last two rounds of myself playing 110% and it was decided to let the membership control Spore destiny and delegate out more for this round.

I apologise if this upsets you or makes Spore "shit" in your eyes, but I really have nothing to prove.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 Jun 2014, 20:27   #67
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Whats all this 'we' business? You arent Spore anymore.

Simple facts are you won the round that Shaz played and you buckled in the 2 she didnt. Its the same as saying FaNG are shit without Irvine, which is also true, i have experienced that first hand.

I am hearing that Spore is a friendlier place without you tho, so every cloud and all that.....

Spore wouldve won regardless of Shaz or anyone else being in another alliance lasr round.

Unread 9 Jun 2014, 20:41   #68
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
I am pretty sure Ultores has never gone into a round with a pre-round round-long nap before.
You aren't responding to an allegation that they did. All he said is that you had help, which you did. But either way, haven't we already been over how your idea of a nap is a pretty uninteresting deviation from what everyone else considers it to mean. You basically get guaranteed support from apprime in every round you play. Not this one of course because.... they merged with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_esper
As for R49 we had incs from start till finish and still finished 2nd with 66% more incs than 1st. The drive to win declined round after round during our streak, with the loss of round 49 we decided it was time for a break, we brought it back hoping that people would give us a break and not decide to block against us for majority of round.
However this has not been the case, regardless of how ultores comes into a round we know for a fact that for at least two weeks in a row we will have to ground cos of block. We have already seen CT declare war on us thus far, it will only be a short amount of time before they gather enough support to force us to ground. Nothing really changes.
How many times are you going to make this exact post before it becomes blatantly apparent to you that promoting how dominant your alliance is in terms of being able to deal with incoming is kind of at odds with suggesting a pathological irrationality of other alliances in preemptively attacking you.

You're lionising CT with posts like this, not making them look dumb.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 04:38   #69
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Rumours has it CT/p3ng is forming a coallision tho.. I bet Spore/Newdawn has been asked to do their bidding aswell? so i guess its a standard 3-4 allies on ultrace up until about tick 500-700 where faceless and blackflag will have to cry for help
Comical. We dont manipulate anyone to do 'our bidding' for us
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 13:27   #70
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

pull your head in oil
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 19:57   #71
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
pull your head in oil
You aren't talking to a member of your internet army Blue Esper so how about you pull your head out. You repeatedly make bad posts when venturing outside of ship stats - admittedly largely in the service of helping your alliance so it's likely you know most of it is bullshit - and the irritating one line responses you have a habit of making, just borderline enough not to merit a response without making your interlocutor look petty, are stupendously annoying. Or am i confusing you with Kaiba again.
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 21:18   #72
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Doesn't seem hard to grasp the rumour mill as to what's happened so far from just speaking to players on irc

So far:

Ult made avoidance agreements for fort gals with Faceless and Black Flag

Ult then hit a few CT gals and even hit a p3ng fort gal early on. People thought Black Flag was working with them as they too hit these allies on the same nights

p3ng and ct I presume then decided they have a common goal.. to kill off ult. (which doesn't surprise me to be honest)

Ult decided they needed help so last nite pmed a few alliances to help them, however, ive heard p3ng also made the same agreements Ult did with these 2 allies for avoidance agreements so ult were left stuffed and no one to turn to

Ult hit p3ng with the only tag they could get help from, which apparently was Heroes (which lets face it are pretty much a second tag for Ult with the members which are in it)

p3nguins were told by allies that Ult were asking for aid to hit them, so decided to hit them last night as well.

Now CT and p3ng do in fact have a common goal, where as why should Black Flag get involved? there a new alliance building their own member base. Unless they obviously wish to be a contender I don't see the need to join either side of the war. With regards to faceless they on the other hand might yet still join Ults aid.

I see Newdawn are also napped to p3nguins, will they join this war? Or if we see faceless or other allies targeting Newdawn that might be a sign they are working with Ult and sent there to try to persuade Newdawn not to join in on this ct/p3ng group.

That's what I seem to witness so far

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 21:38   #73
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Ult then hit a few CT gals and even hit a p3ng fort gal early on.
Actually, CT were upset that we had put 70 fleets on them the first 6 nights or so out of prot, which comes down to the grand total of 12 a night, which when youre random roiding in the beginning, is a few waves on 3-4 planets a night, which is hardly anything to panic about... but then again, its CT.
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 22:02   #74
oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Actually, CT were upset that we had put 70 fleets on them the first 6 nights or so out of prot, which comes down to the grand total of 12 a night, which when youre random roiding in the beginning, is a few waves on 3-4 planets a night, which is hardly anything to panic about... but then again, its CT.
Would this be the very same alliance that your most vocal members have created entire forums careers out of complaining about inevitable future wars with?
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 22:16   #75
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil
Would this be the very same alliance that your most vocal members have created entire forums careers out of complaining about inevitable future wars with?
Well seeing as that's all it takes to have them wage war on you, i don't blame those posters for posting what they do, but hey, at least it's a good excuse to go to war, right?
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 22:23   #76
oil

Out of interest why didn't you avoid them if you thought that would be their reaction?
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 22:25   #77
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil
Out of interest why didn't you avoid them if you thought that would be their reaction?
How can you avoid someone the first week of the round when you're lacking intel on most of the uni?
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 22:34   #78
oil

From what I remember being banded about in CT, the co ords were generally leaked within the opening 5 seconds of each round to Apprime so I suspect you're probably lying; if not, fair enough. Good thing someone's got the balls to hit the strongest and currently ranked first alliance in the game. I hope my one joins in if you get help.
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 22:44   #79
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

I don't see why I would lie about not having CT's coords. If we did want to hit CT early on we'd put 70+ fleets on them a night, not in a week.
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 23:22   #80
oil

Quote:
I don't see why I would lie about not having CT's coords. If we did want to hit CT early on we'd put 70+ fleets on them a night, not in a week.
I'm not saying I have any particular reason to think you are lying outside of what I've already said but there's a couple of fairly obvious reasons for why you would lie about it if it was in fact true: 1: To not confirm to CT that you have a spy in their alliance, and 2: To avoid undermining the suggestion that you're being unjustly retaliated against.

Getting away with hitting an alliance you expect to be amongst the most hostile later on as much as you can without provoking a focused response (as would obviously be the case with you smashing them with 70+ fleets) would on the face of it seem like a pretty good idea. I don't know how many fleets you attack with in any one night, nor how desirable the CT targets are that you hit, but if you managed to hit CT with just over the expected number of fleets if assuming you launched blind on the universe then I guess you just got pretty lucky, because it'd be the most obvious way to hurt them without provoking a war. I suspect that's probably what you did and CT just called you on it. If not then I guess you just got unlucky.
Unread 10 Jun 2014, 23:24   #81
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Well its prolly pretty obvious that most allies dont bother putting in the coords the first nights, they might have access to them, but rarely got the time to add it.
Ofc when BF/Faceless/Ult have NAPs with each other, it basicly means that they will be hitting the same allies together, maybe not coordinated, but very effectively.
Now why would you need a NAP the first 500 ticks with the other "top contenders" when you are aiming to compete yourself? It RARELY works, and TheFallen, FAnG, and especialy Vikings have proved this the last, what, 5 rounds.
It suprises me that BF and FL would go for a block deal when they perhaps would be better off staying away from it

Unread 11 Jun 2014, 00:42   #82
Blue_Esper

Perhaps they felt a little guilty about leaving Ultores to fight the uni on its own again.
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 01:00   #83
Howzat
Retired

Howzat has a spectacular aura aboutHowzat has a spectacular aura aboutHowzat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil View Post
I'm not saying I have any particular reason to think you are lying outside of what I've already said but there's a couple of fairly obvious reasons for why you would lie about it if it was in fact true: 1: To not confirm to CT that you have a spy in their alliance, and 2: To avoid undermining the suggestion that you're being unjustly retaliated against.

Getting away with hitting an alliance you expect to be amongst the most hostile later on as much as you can without provoking a focused response (as would obviously be the case with you smashing them with 70+ fleets) would on the face of it seem like a pretty good idea. I don't know how many fleets you attack with in any one night, nor how desirable the CT targets are that you hit, but if you managed to hit CT with just over the expected number of fleets if assuming you launched blind on the universe then I guess you just got pretty lucky, because it'd be the most obvious way to hurt them without provoking a war. I suspect that's probably what you did and CT just called you on it. If not then I guess you just got unlucky.
Did not have full intel on them, guarantee that. We map out the uni quickly, but not that damn quick

Wolfpack | Fury | FAnG | OuZo | Mercs | ND | ULT | p3n | APP | DLR | CT
Howzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 03:59   #84
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

I think we have a bigger problem, BF and Spore both hit 1:2 ... clearly coordinated LTs ... and you were all worried about p3ng/CT and Ult/BF/FL HAH
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 07:10   #85
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil

I still don't see how getting 70 fleets inc over the course of a week is anything to get upset over
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 10:30   #86
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I still don't see how getting 70 fleets inc over the course of a week is anything to get upset over
It's not, to be entirely fair.

But you have to acknowledge that if everybody, including a lot of members from both alliances, predict a war between two alliances and talk about it and discuss it and talk about it some more, the very second that incs start coming everybody will think "oh here we go" like a true self-fulfilling prophecy.

For instance I've had more than a few ult members pm me every day about us having 2 to 4 ults in our 2-gal raid, which wasn't even true for every night. These members then claim we will inevitably organise a block against them and we are hitting together with other alliances and even a BF HC saying we are organizing stuff against ult, and not p3ng, when we're still hitting 2 galaxies a night. And I'm sure that ult HC have received similar comments from CT members. Say it enough and you'll start to believe it, and then it might just come true.

In response to those incs you mentioned we have hit 4:8 once - which is fair game in my book regardless of incs, considering that since then we've had no more than 4 (or even 3) ults in our raids. Once again, our 2-gal raids. Yet, of course we are working with p3ng and leading the pack. Sure. I shit rainbows too. Everybody talks and so do we, but would you rather believe words or actions?

Also oil: eksero is telling the truth, I've personally seen that ult intel was far from complete back then. Whether they did or did not actively target the ones they knew is domething I can't presume to know.

Mweh, all this talk of war in PA. You all take it so hard and so personal. I'll war anyone for a klondike bar!
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 10:37   #87
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado
It's not, to be entirely fair.

But you have to acknowledge that if everybody, including a lot of members from both alliances, predict a war between two alliances and talk about it and discuss it and talk about it some more, the very second that incs start coming everybody will think "oh here we go" like a true self-fulfilling prophecy.

For instance I've had more than a few ult members pm me every day about us having 2 to 4 ults in our 2-gal raid, which wasn't even true for every night. These members then claim we will inevitably organise a block against them and we are hitting together with other alliances and even a BF HC saying we are organizing stuff against ult, and not p3ng, when we're still hitting 2 galaxies a night. And I'm sure that ult HC have received similar comments from CT members. Say it enough and you'll start to believe it, and then it might just come true.

In response to those incs you mentioned we have hit 4:8 once - which is fair game in my book regardless of incs, considering that since then we've had no more than 4 (or even 3) ults in our raids. Once again, our 2-gal raids. Yet, of course we are working with p3ng and leading the pack. Sure. I shit rainbows too. Everybody talks and so do we, but would you rather believe words or actions?

Also oil: eksero is telling the truth, I've personally seen that ult intel was far from complete back then. Whether they did or did not actively target the ones they knew is domething I can't presume to know.

Mweh, all this talk of war in PA. You all take it so hard and so personal. I'll war anyone for a klondike bar!

Of course people will talk, but when one of your HC's pm's me asking what's up when they've received 70 fleets from us over the course of a week, then you really can't have much inc if that few fleets really bothers you.
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 11:13   #88
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Perhaps they felt a little guilty about leaving Ultores to fight the uni on its own again.
Lol, that sounds VERY likely.
Poor rats

Unread 11 Jun 2014, 13:38   #89
Blue_Esper

yes poor us.
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 15:50   #90
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Seems that ND is the ones getting all the hate now. What have they done wrong this time?

Unread 11 Jun 2014, 16:31   #91
Blue_Esper

they hit some faceless forts i believe
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 17:18   #92
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
they hit some faceless forts i believe
Guess that will be the end of faceless then

Unread 11 Jun 2014, 19:53   #93
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
I think we have a bigger problem, BF and Spore both hit 1:2 ... clearly coordinated LTs ... and you were all worried about p3ng/CT and Ult/BF/FL HAH
Actually it was BF+Spore+CT that hit 1:2 this morning...
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 20:11   #94
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
THank god they didnt hit 1:1 or PATSA would have created a super block and Ace woud have closed all aggressors!!
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 20:29   #95
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
That gal got seriously owned today just viewed the sandmans on it (Clone of)
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 21:11   #96
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

As predicted I hear faceless have joined the ult side

So soon it will be faceless and ult vs ct and p3ng

Lets watch the fun... no news on BF yet

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 21:38   #97
WillyNilly

WillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Guess that will be the end of faceless then
lol
WillyNilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 22:04   #98
oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howzat View Post
Did not have full intel on them, guarantee that. We map out the uni quickly, but not that damn quick
You don't need full intel to intentionally target the small number of planets that you hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero
If they think you're trying to get away with purposely targeted but plausibly random inc (pointing out that this number is relatively small is irrelevant) on them then it makes sense to bite hard against you. If they're expecting a protracted war with you this round (whether initiated by themselves or you) then it probably also makes sense to hit you early whilst your fleets are still comparable. I imagine it's a bit of both and they both seem like fairly reasonable justifications to me.
Unread 11 Jun 2014, 22:10   #99
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil
You don't need full intel to intentionally target the small number of planets that you hit.

If they think you're trying to get away with purposely targeted but plausibly random inc (pointing out that this number is relatively small is irrelevant) on them then it makes sense to bite hard against you. If they're expecting a protracted war with you this round (whether initiated by themselves or you) then it probably also makes sense to hit you early whilst your fleets are still comparable. I imagine it's a bit of both and they both seem like fairly reasonable justifications to me.
Of course we expected them to hit us sooner rather than later, it's just laughable that they used this as a 'excuse' to do so, rather than 'we want to hit our biggest competitor for #1'
Unread 12 Jun 2014, 13:30   #100
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz View Post

Ult hit p3ng with the only tag they could get help from, which apparently was Heroes (which lets face it are pretty much a second tag for Ult with the members which are in it)

Heroes is not Ults second tag
You should have just asked us for our member list but then intel was never assmans strongest asset and maybe he is sulking because we didn't accept the ingame request for a nap

At a guess I'd say less than half of our tag has played more than a rd in ult

-Rommel