User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Feb 2018, 18:26   #1
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
Limitation of Military Center

Hi,

I recently returned to PA after a decade abstinence.

I see that Finance Centres are limited to 60. I guess this was done because of the heavy impact and abuse happend.

Why are people still allowed to build more than 60 Military Center?

Going for low value and aim for XP is bad for the galaxy and alliance. It's kind of a selfish behaviour and doesn't support the community approach this game has/had.

Please move this to suggestions if it suits there better.

Unread 6 Jul 2018, 10:57   #2
iBorg
Resistance is futile

iBorg is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Limitation of Military Center

I support the proposal to limit the maximum number of military centres to 60. I would also like to propose a review on the question of reducing the weighting given to xp as I feel it is inviting abuse and promotes selfish behaviour and doesn't support the community approach to this game.
Unread 6 Jul 2018, 21:43   #3
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

I support removing limits, people should be able to build there planet the way they want to. As long as everyone has the same options, why not let people build how they want. Buildings cost more and more as you build, that to me would be the best way to hamdle this then to keep limiting things. When people were initing to the top, they made initing cost more. You still can init, if you like but you can also do the math and make that decision on when its worth it or not.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2018, 23:26   #4
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
I support removing limits, people should be able to build there planet the way they want to. As long as everyone has the same options, why not let people build how they want. Buildings cost more and more as you build, that to me would be the best way to hamdle this then to keep limiting things. When people were initing to the top, they made initing cost more. You still can init, if you like but you can also do the math and make that decision on when its worth it or not.
With the init cost change, it doesn't take long before the cost is just too high compared to payback.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2018, 16:21   #5
Lukey

Lukey is on a distinguished road

Remove limits on all constructions, it just empowers more planet specialization and options which is a positive thing. I'd also remove the 300 cons cap, especially since we are hitting it earlier with the added CP from quests now.
Lukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2018, 00:00   #6
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
Remove limits on all constructions, it just empowers more planet specialization and options which is a positive thing. I'd also remove the 300 cons cap, especially since we are hitting it earlier with the added CP from quests now.
^This!

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2018, 09:29   #7
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey View Post

I 100% agree to this. More so, give us the posibility to set our population however we like. Dont limit the %. If i want to, let me put 100% in cons and end up with 600 cons.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2018, 19:11   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
I 100% agree to this. More so, give us the posibility to set our population however we like. Dont limit the %. If i want to, let me put 100% in cons and end up with 600 cons.
While I think the game going "NO YOU CAN'T DO THIS" is inelegant to say the least, the population categories are not even close to equal. +100% mining is so much stronger than +100% production speed, it's not even funny. It'd barely even be a conscious choice. I'm not opposed to removing the limits on the population categories in principle, but the benefit you get from each point of population gives in each category would have to be seriously rebalanced: mining and construction reduced, alert and production increased, with research as the base case. And maybe introduce diminishing returns?

In the end, though, what does it achieve? Yes, we get rid of an ugly hard limit and that lets me sleep a little better at night, but it would have little impact on the wider game. It doesn't solve any serious problems, so is it really what we want PA Team to spend their limited development time on?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote