User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Aug 2004, 08:38   #1
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
ATM Strike

Stuppid jumped up security guards on bloody strike. All the ****in atm machines are empty. I went to one this morning to stock up on cash for the weekend. I withdrew 400 snots only problem is it gave tenners.

Do ye think i should buy a money clip and pretend to bling blingingly blingtastic or go to bank and get em converted to "fiddys"?
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:21   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: ATM Strike

I think we should all laugh at Dublin and it's problems. Hahahahah.

Well they are rightly pissed off at these new "work practices", if robbed and your partner is being held hostage or there is serious danger to civilians you should drive off and leave them to the mercy of the armed robbers.

See, why not just use those boxes with the smoke/dye and alarms? I mean, that would make sence. But they refuse to spend the money on them and insist on stupid measures that put peoples lives at risk.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:37   #3
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Yeh but have you not heard its sprewad to the country now. Brinks Allied refused first, the strike action ensues. An agreement was made via trade union that no other company would take brinks contract. Now workers in the country are thinking about also going on strike. Its pretty obvious the crooks will just stop stealing in dublin and move to the country.Thus the country bumpkins will go on strike too.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 10:25   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fifty pound notes are bloody irritating... I always feel really guilty using them. Get 15 twenties and 10 tens.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 12:03   #5
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

also, fifties are accepted in like .001% of uk shops
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 15:19   #6
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

keep the tens. makes you look rich when you pull them out your pocket:gollum:
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 17:19   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
also, fifties are accepted in like .001% of uk shops
Huh? I've never had a problem using a £50 (not that it's a daily occurance or anything). Obviously I wouldn't try and pay on a bus or a market stall, but most high street shops or supermarkets etc are busy enough to change it without problems.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 17:27   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, usually if they don't have the money in the till they'll have the change in a safe in the back for a 50. Otherwise they're pretty underprepared.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 17:30   #9
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I say that if you don't want to do the job under the new current conditions then you should be entitled to some redundancy and be allowed to find a new career, someone else out there I'm sure will happily take on the job, everything solved.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 17:53   #10
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Huh? I've never had a problem using a £50 (not that it's a daily occurance or anything). Obviously I wouldn't try and pay on a bus or a market stall, but most high street shops or supermarkets etc are busy enough to change it without problems.
In truth, a lot of places in London are starting to reject the £50 note, because of the amount of forgerys in existance. For example the Benjy's on Oxford Street refuses to take them, as does the clothes shop whos name escapes me, bleh.

It is becoming a trend though, I am used to seeing 'Sorry, we dont accept £50 note' notices all over the place.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 21:41   #11
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

keep the 10's and u can do two things

1) roll around in your bed over them

2) throw them up in the air like your on Noels House Party
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 01:33   #12
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

At (my) Woolworths they have to be 'checked' by a store manager before we accept them.
This involves ringing the bell and shouting accross the store "Look! A £50 Note!". I'm sure the customers love it really...
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 23:16   #13
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Thats stupid about £50's. Glad €50 notes are readily accepted here. Clearly its just that people dont want to look at Liz's face on a note that signifies how much they will earn in a day.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 05:16   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Thats stupid about £50's. Glad €50 notes are readily accepted here. Clearly its just that people dont want to look at Liz's face on a note that signifies how much they will earn in a day.
they're really common in Germany. even €100s and €200s come out of cash machines here.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 21:41   #15
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

I laughed at the strangeness of this post when I first read it.

I have now just come back from a few days in edinburgh for the fringe/tattoo having to cope with cashpoint queues a mile long, and most of them empty anyway. Serves me right really. Bloody irritating.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote