User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 21 Jan 2004, 22:54   #1
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
direct connect hub hosting

Looking to set one up for what... 10 users tops. Schoolfriends. Anyone know of a company that provides that service?

edit: And nomatter what your opinion of P2P is, I wouldn't be using it for music and the like at all. It also doubles as a nice central place to chat.
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:09   #2
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: direct connect hub hosting

you can run one yourself, or you could get a hosting service to run it. Of course if you were to swap files on it, you would get shut down fairly quickly ..

If you just want an IRC server, many many people will allow you to run one of them, and you can always DCC stuff around..

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:12   #3
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
Re: direct connect hub hosting

Running it myself for now. Topic said i was looking for hosting though

Probably a better option just to get a new hub (run out of network ports) and dig out that old 200MHz chugger.

Oh, and I didn't say I wouldn't be sharing, just not anything that plod could come knocking on my door about

Last edited by BesigedB; 21 Jan 2004 at 23:17.
BesigedB is offline   Reply With Quote