User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jan 2004, 17:06   #1
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
Hmmz anyone else recieved a phone call of this nature yet?

Didn't sound like a cold call, didn't sound like it came from a tele-marketers office, what it did sound like though was the following.

(caller): Hello can I speak to Mr Adam please?

(Me): Could I ask who's calling please?

(Caller): It's (I talk too fast in a female scottish accent for my name to be heard) calling from Changing rooms.

(Me): I'm afraid if you are looking for the houseowner he isn't in atm.

End Call.

(Note this is how I handle the umpteen cold calls I get a week from living design etc)

Anyway are if I remember rightly Changing Rooms is a faddy program from BBC 1 or so and I'm just slightly perturbed that either a company is phoning with their name or that something genuine(not likely) was intended. (It's not unusual for my estranged mother to phone bbc1 programs with regards to garden force etc and doing her garden)

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 17:09   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hmmz anyone else recieved a phone call of this nature yet?

Maybe it was a friend or something who applied. It's a swap based thing, I believe.

ps.

'Bazal Productions' ring a bell?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 17:10   #3
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Mark you've seen my flat and you can guess how apprehensive I'd be of letting any broadcaster take footage of it nevermind try and do something with it (haw Haw).

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 16 Jan 2004, 17:11   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Mark you've seen my flat and you can guess how apprehensive I'd be of letting any broadcaster take footage of it nevermind try and do something with it (haw Haw).
Just asking about a possiblity duder
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 17:26   #5
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Just asking about a possiblity duder
I know, but don't scare me duder :eek:

Unread 16 Jan 2004, 20:52   #6
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Could it have been Better Homes magazine? They work their way down the phone book with disregard for the TPS and ignore your requests for them to piss off. They once called 7 times over our two lines in a night.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 20:54   #7
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

aww.. it'd be cool for me to see you on changing rooms :P
i could point at the screen and go 'hey.. that's paul.. i know him!'
and pretend like you're famous :\
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 21:58   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Hmmz anyone else recieved a phone call of this nature yet?

I don't think they allow Scottish people on programmes like that.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote