User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Oct 2003, 20:58   #1
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
XP Home versus XP Pro

i need a list of the benefits for someone who is the only user of the PC and won't have a network going on plus is using a top-end system. hurry hurry hurry
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 21:00   #2
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: XP Home versus XP Pro

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/whichxp.asp
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 21:02   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Xp Pro doesn't assume you're a moron.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 21:03   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
but he is

does Home have sysrestore?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 21:20   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have XP Pro on my old system
I have XP Home on my new system

I want my old system back
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 21:24   #6
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
No?
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 21:31   #7
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pro basically allows you to have 2 processors instead of 1. Removed after verification. Comes with IIS 5.0 (striped version) for software development, FTP Server, Remote Access (Like PCANYWHERE), File Encyrption, NT Backup, ability to control file access (make your Documents and Settings dir for your user private), ability to join window domains, Windows VPN Support, and a couple other nice perks. You also can change your hardware, like video card, with out the activation flipping out and locking your machine. There is also a couple other small nice perks as well.

The link given above by another user should be studied by you.

I bought XP Pro. Since it came with my system it was only addiotnal $50 bucks and I first tried Home. Same OS but the extra features in Pro I wanted.

Last edited by Intrepid00; 17 Oct 2003 at 00:27.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 21:33   #8
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

If you can afford it, XP Pro whatever the circumstances
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:15   #9
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

XP Pro is best. XP Home is even gayer than XP Pro.
(Disclaimer: I'm using XP because i have to for hyperthreading to work properly... Pro i can accept, Home is more like it was coded for George W Bush to use.)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 22:29   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
2 gigs of ram instead of 1 (the ram part might be a maybe).
2 gigs of ram works for me.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 00:26   #11
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok., like I said I was 100% sure on that, but I know I am right about 2nd processor and all the other crap I wrote
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 00:48   #12
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
If you can afford it, XP Pro whatever the circumstances
What does being able to afford it have to do with it? Since when did people start paying for windows?
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 04:23   #13
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
does Home have sysrestore?
yes, yes it does.....but I really do wish I still had XPpro, home isn't all that bad, but XP was a bit smoother and had some extra goodies
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 07:24   #14
Devilizer
Harbinger of your Doom!

Devilizer is an unknown quantity at this point

xp's the best
I Rise to rule once again,
I Rise to be...

The Harbinger of your Doom!
Devilizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 07:44   #15
w2k
all grown up

w2k is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah xp is good

get pro
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 07:46   #16
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm still using Win2k Pro
XP just pisses me off

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 07:52   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

XP Pro comes with that gay theme installed by default. How very professional...
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 09:09   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
XP Pro comes with that gay theme installed by default. How very professional...
It's to scare all the idiots off.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 09:16   #19
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom
XP Pro is best. XP Home is even gayer than XP Pro.
(Disclaimer: I'm using XP because i have to for hyperthreading to work properly... Pro i can accept, Home is more like it was coded for George W Bush to use.)

2k pro is better.

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 10:15   #20
w2k
all grown up

w2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaple
2k pro is better.

I love you

not really
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 17:54   #21
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

XP Home here, I didn't really think Pro was worth the extra £40

although Pro does have "some" nice features, Home is more than enough for my needs.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 17:58   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

pro

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote