User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:08   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Credit Cards

Need some info on this subject people (i'll give you background info to help).

I am currently unemployed (actually i am employed but i just dont work or get paid 3 months of the year ... i have a permanent contract tho).

I have a student overdraft (which i am reducing every month tho).

I have received the final demand for my council tax from last year (i shouldnt be paying it but they ****ed up and they cant seem to sort it out. I have paid my council tax from this year on time every month tho ... just mentioning it incase it matters).

WOULD I BE ABLE (in your opinion/experience) TO GET A CREDIT CARD?

Also ... if 'yes' how long would it take to receive (and what would be the likely limit on it)?
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:34   #2
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Credit Cards

Sure, I got one when I had fk all money, no income, no nothing. So why shouldnt you?
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:40   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As long as theres nothing outstanding on your credit reference searches , you should be fine.

www.experian.co.uk. I think its about a £6 fee , and theyll send you a copy of everything on file for you. If thats clear , youll be fine.

Get one soon. Unpaid council tax arrears go on your records , and theyre a **** to get rid of (they stay for 6 years)
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:44   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I cant afford the £6 fee atm Kura (that's why i need the cc :) ).

What kind of things would show up on it (that would stop me getting a cc)?

I've never had a cc before but i do have student loans and an overdraft.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:07   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Having current credit doesnt affect you unless youve defaulted. Having multiple applications for credit does however.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:09   #6
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

i feel like posting rm -rf / to this thread

i dont know why
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:17   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Having current credit doesnt affect you unless youve defaulted. Having multiple applications for credit does however.

I've never applied for a Credit Card before so ...

(also how long would it take to get?)
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:21   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace

14-28 days

Allowing for delivery, and them actually saying yes
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:27   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Oh well.

Also ... Do you reckon i could get a 3k limit straight away?

(i appreciate you're not a financial adviser but you are old so you prolly know these things ;) )
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:32   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

No

Youd get a £1,000 limit , and thats if you could show a guaranteed income of over £10k a year.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:38   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Seriously?

Looking online tells me i can get my annual income as my credit limit.

I might be wrong tho (i hope not).
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:44   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

If that was the case , my own bank would offer me a card for £15,000 +

Hence , thats a bit unrealistic.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:50   #13
Dace
so f*cking zen

Unread 13 Oct 2003, 20:23   #14
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

www.egg.com are quite good for giving credit cards, they were the only people who'd give me one when I applied when I was 18 (different situation I know - but still a CC with iffy/no credit history on it) - but they might not give you a very high limit if you have no regular income.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 20:40   #15
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Best post ever.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 21:48   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
I have a bad credit rating and cant get a credit card.
And they say theres no such thing as Karma .....
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 22:21   #17
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

I applied to Nationwide and they sent it to me within a week and give me a £1500 limit despite having no income.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 22:32   #18
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
As long as theres nothing outstanding on your credit reference searches , you should be fine.

www.experian.co.uk. I think its about a £6 fee , and theyll send you a copy of everything on file for you. If thats clear , youll be fine.

Get one soon. Unpaid council tax arrears go on your records , and theyre a **** to get rid of (they stay for 6 years)
oo out of interest one of my friend's brother has just gone through shit concerning council tax they kept sending him the letters in the previous occupants name he eventually got it sorted and told them he was a student and it was all fine but would that 'delay' stay on record? (it was overdue but he was a student and it was their fault) and ill forward that link very useful thanks.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 22:43   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if you go too your own bank and you have been with them a while, they can approve as soon as you can get an appointment (sometimes same day) and they can mail it out to you within a week
(this is what happened with me and i know it is true so **** anyone who thinks it isnt)
also: they asked me what limit i wanted, anything up to 3k, i chose 1k, which i have now increased to 2k, whichwas, on reflection, a mistake, but never mind
also: they gave me this and a 4k loan, even though i have really bad credit, but i will have really good credit rating by the time i have paid them off
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 17:39   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Thanks all.