User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Feb 2007, 20:12   #1
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Sony Ericsson K800i

Anyone got one .. i was shown in the mobi shop today with opera .. is it any good for playing pa ?

I thought about a blackberry but thats £16 on top of the contract for net stuff plus paying £50 for the phone (i'm upgrading on orange) per month so sod that for a game of soldiers.

anyone asking why orange which i know are one of the more expensive options .. its cos O2 and vodaphone have sucky reception in my work places.

i cant find a nokia atm that has option to put a web browser on it .. if you know of one pls say, i'd much prefer to stay with nokia.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 20:21   #2
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Re: Sony Ericsson K800i

ok just been told nokia N80
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 20:48   #3
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

never ever buy sony ericsson
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 20:51   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

any sony ericsson with that ********ing circular joystick thingy is definitely not worth thinking about twice
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 20:52   #5
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

actually buy any nokia with symbian60 or one of the new ones with windows mobile and put a 1 GB card or more in it, maybe combine it with a portable usb cardreader and you are good to go for the coming 4 years.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 21:12   #6
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
i cant find a nokia atm that has option to put a web browser on it ..
this may sound like a simple question to many of you, as phones with these kind of options are pretty much standard now but: why oh why would you want a telephone to browse the web with?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 21:16   #7
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

so you can refresh GD even when you're on the go?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 21:35   #8
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

So basically searching the net .. Nokia N95
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 21:44   #9
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

there are so many of these threads. Can't we have a subforum* for them?

*or autoban, either way I'm not bothered
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 21:48   #10
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
there are so many of these threads. Can't we have a subforum* for them?

*or autoban, either way I'm not bothered
thats actually not a bad idea .. subforum .. not ban ;P
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 21:51   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have a motorola krazr

the blue shiny one.

I downloaded opera for it, and pa on it works fine.

Not only that but you can store 500 plus messages, it looks wicked and is nice small and thin.

Do it!

Buy it!

Incidentally you can download opera for most phones I think (I believe they need java, not too sure)

However Blasto is the best guy to ask
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 00:21   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i wouldnt have a motorola phone given, in fact, i wouldnt even accept money to use one
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 00:38   #13
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'd rather be beaten to death by a black man's cock wrapped in sand paper than use a Motorola.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 00:46   #14
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Sony Ericsson K800i is so over-rated. It's not worth it... unless you want the camera features on it.

You're better off either with the Sony Ericsson P990i or W950i OR Nokia N73 or N95*.

The Sony Ericsson handsets have Opera 8.0 or 8.5 built in. I'm not sure about the Nokia but they also have a very good browser (just not a big screen like the SE).
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 02:56   #15
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Nokia N series phones come with Opera also
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 00:26   #16
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
anyone asking why orange which i know are one of the more expensive options .. its cos O2 and vodaphone have sucky reception in my work places.
Whats the web package you are getting with Orange like? This is gonna sound like a sales pitch but T-Mobile (I just bought from them) are doing a package for £7.50 a month and you get absolutely hodloads of mb for your money.

Whats the deal with Orange?
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 10:56   #17
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I have the w80i and it's nice except the ---ing head-phone connector breaks after a while. This also happened with a couple of my friends' Sony Ericsson phones. Being as playing mp3s was the only reason I bought the phone, and you can only buy proper connectors from Sony Ericsson, this means Sony Ericsson are completely and utter bastards.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 11:16   #18
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
nice small and thin.
In contrast to you!
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 13:05   #19
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
any sony ericsson with that ********ing circular joystick thingy is definitely not worth thinking about twice
Why not? I got the same joystick on my old K700i and it's been working like a charm for two years now.
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 13:31   #20
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Fact remains that you only use Sony Ericsson if you do not know how it could be.
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 14:07   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I don't need a lot of fancy stuff on my phone as long as I can call and text people.
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 19:20   #22
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

that's the whole idea, the sony ericsson works disintiutively....
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 20:17   #23
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Some settings are hidden in stupid menus but I've had a k750 for ages and think it's just right. The thing I use the most is actually the calendar / planner.
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 20:27   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The last couple of phones I've had have been Sony Ericssons. I've had no problem with the joystick although I'm ambivalent about the menu system generally. I suspect these issues are much more important if you use your phone a lot. I don't.

Although...one thing that does annoy me (and not just about this phone) is the way memory seems to be allocated. I have say 20MB free on the phone memory but I cannot store any more texts. Why? Why isn't it shared memory, or at least giving me the option of moving things onto the phones memor or SD card or whatever? Bah.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 3 Feb 2007 at 20:38.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 18:12   #25
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
- it tries to connect to the internet everytime you touch it
Goto the SE site and search for SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) and update to the newest firmware.

Problem solved
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 00:21   #26
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
Goto the SE site and search for SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) and update to the newest firmware.

Problem solved
I tried explaining that to a customer today. She wasn't having none of it and insisted that she wants her contracts cancelled.

Which we couldn't as it was outside of 14 days.

Despite she bought the same handset as me (SE P990i).
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 11:22   #27
All Systems Go

Maybe she was just looking for an excuse.
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 11:53   #28
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I tried explaining that to a customer today. She wasn't having none of it and insisted that she wants her contracts cancelled.

Which we couldn't as it was outside of 14 days.

Despite she bought the same handset as me (SE P990i).
I don't tend to mention it to customers as I know they will just ring the store and expect me to provide a step-by-step over the phone.
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 13:52   #29
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rather fond of my K800i, I guess it just depends what you want it for.
If you never use the camera on your phone it's probably not the phone for you.

I got one last year to replace my aging T610 which was developing problems with its joysticky thing, but only after a good few years of use. Other than that, I've never had a problem with Sony Ericsson.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 22:43   #30
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
I don't tend to mention it to customers as I know they will just ring the store and expect me to provide a step-by-step over the phone.
I only mention it for the P990i when they come back complaining about their glitches.