User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 May 2003, 18:17   #1
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Leeds United Stay in the premiership

What a great match, leeds prooving they can be up there with the big boys, and at last, giving us, the supporters, something to cheer about this season.

I am the happiest 17 year old at the moment, and nothing can change my mood

LEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Oh yeah and Man U win the premiership as well :P

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:18   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Leeds United Stay in the premiership

Quote:
Originally posted by cheekybru
What a great match, leeds prooving they can be up there with the big boys, and at last, giving us, the supporters, something to cheer about this season.

I am the happiest 17 year old at the moment, and nothing can change my mood

LEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Oh yeah and Man U win the premiership as well :P
Up there with the big boys?

**** off.

How many times did Arsenal hit the bar, hit the post, or have other unlucky moments?

Also, you wouldnt have had that 3rd goal if Arsenal werent going all out to get a 3rd themselves.

Up with the big boys, you stupid northern ****.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:20   #3
Ent

Ent is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Leeds United Stay in the premiership

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Can somebody pick my dummy up for me?
Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:21   #4
cheekybru
Synaptidian

Re: Re: Leeds United Stay in the premiership

Quote:
Up there with the big boys?

**** off.

How many times did Arsenal hit the bar, hit the post, or have other unlucky moments?

Also, you wouldnt have had that 3rd goal if Arsenal werent going all out to get a 3rd themselves.

Up with the big boys, you stupid northern ****.
Heh, i myself have often complained bitterly that "My side had the better chances" or "That goal shouldnt of been allowed so we won effectivly" but the bottom line is, Were in the premiership next season, so i dont care what a gutted gunners supporter says, cos guess what, you had an 8 point lead, and u blew it.

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:23   #5
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Re: Re: Leeds United Stay in the premiership

Quote:
Heh, i myself have often complained bitterly that "My side had the better chances" or "That goal shouldnt of been allowed so we won effectivly" but the bottom line is, Were in the premiership next season, so i dont care what a gutted gunners supporter says, cos guess what, you had an 8 point lead, and u blew it.
I freely admit we blew it, United didnt win the title, we threw it away.

However, the fact that after one of the luckiest results of the season you claim to be 'up with the big boys' makes me doubt the fact you have a single functioning brain cell in that vast expanse between your ears.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:24   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
roll up roll up!

Arsenal fan calls any other team "lucky" !

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:25   #7
cheekybru
Synaptidian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Leeds United Stay in the premiership

Quote:
I freely admit we blew it, United didnt win the title, we threw it away.

However, the fact that after one of the luckiest results of the season you claim to be 'up with the big boys' makes me doubt the fact you have a single functioning brain cell in that vast expanse between your ears.
That wasnt a lucky result, Arsenal have a better team than leeds at the moment but that game was pure dedication from leeds, we held off the best attack in the premiership for 90 minutes, and we countered briliantly and scored when we needed too.

ALSO

Our goals were moments of quality, yours were scrappy rebounds

get a clue, calm down, and come back

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:25   #8
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
roll up roll up!

Arsenal fan calls any other team "lucky" !
Hilarious.

Point out instances of luck that arsenal have had this season, name them, specificially, and I'll name two instances of bad luck, we keep going until somebody runs out.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:27   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leeds United Stay in the premiership

Quote:
That wasnt a lucky result, Arsenal have a better team than leeds at the moment but that game was pure dedication from leeds, we held off the best attack in the premiership for 90 minutes, and we countered briliantly and scored when we needed too.

ALSO

Our goals were moments of quality, yours were scrappy rebounds

get a clue, calm down, and come back
Held off arsenal for 90 minutes?

No, about the only thing that held us off was the crossbar, the goalpost, the linesman, and a clearence off the line. Countered brilliantly? You had what, 2 counter attacks in the entire game, the first was Kewells goal, which, fair play, was a good strike, the 2nd you wouldnt have even had on another day other than today, due to the nature of events surrounding todays game.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:30   #10
cheekybru
Synaptidian

We can all point fingers and say u were lucky, i could say that you got an incredably lucky rebound of the post to henry for the first goal, fact of the matter is the post = a miss, not a goal, again, i allways used to do that myself, say "We hit the post 5 times we shoulda won" etc, but its not hitting the post that counts, as any Man Utd fan, Or Leeds Utd fan, will tell you

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:30   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The liverpool games
Almost every game you played in europe.
The last man utd game

and numerous others that id have to look at your fixture list again to remember.

Unread 4 May 2003, 18:30   #12
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Hilarious.

Point out instances of luck that arsenal have had this season,
You were lucky to get 1 goal past Friedel this season, we should have kept 2 clean sheets.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:33   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Point out instances of luck that arsenal have had this season, name them, specificially, and I'll name two instances of bad luck, we keep going until somebody runs out.
The two goals against manchester united a few weeks ago, for a start.

If we're going by the 'hit the bar, hit the post, etc lucky we didn't score' scenario, then Sunderland should be challenging for Europe.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:34   #14
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
The liverpool games
Almost every game you played in europe.
The last man utd game

and numerous others that id have to look at your fixture list again to remember.
The most recent game was a prime example of Arsenal being unlucky, both Liverpool goals arised from piss poor refereeing, descisions which were cut and dried were let go, and before the ball went out of play, Liverpool had stuck the ball in the back of the net.

Everygame we played in Europe? Erm? heh. The first group stage we totally outclassed any other team in the group that mattered, and deservedly topped the group. Other European fixtures, we beat Roma due to a superb Henry hatrick, the rest of the games were all draws or defeats. I dont see how two bore draws with Ajax and there 10 men behind the ball ****e can be called lucky, or the defeats?

The last Man Utd game, erm, I dont recall any luck in there either. We got back into the game with some good football, and then went and threw things away with some ****e defending, where is the luck there?
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:36   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm sorry the highbury game was a travesty of an injustice. Sol "i was just trying to scratch his nose for him" campbell should have been sent off and the second goal could only have been more blatantly wrong if henry had shot barthez in the face before scoring.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:36   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

The last Man Utd game, erm, I dont recall any luck in there either. We got back into the game with some good football, and then went and threw things away with some ****e defending, where is the luck there?
Henry fluked the 1st and was a mile offside in the 2nd.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:41   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
The most recent game was a prime example of Arsenal being unlucky, both Liverpool goals arised from piss poor refereeing, descisions which were cut and dried were let go, and before the ball went out of play, Liverpool had stuck the ball in the back of the net.

Everygame we played in Europe? Erm? heh. The first group stage we totally outclassed any other team in the group that mattered, and deservedly topped the group. Other European fixtures, we beat Roma due to a superb Henry hatrick, the rest of the games were all draws or defeats. I dont see how two bore draws with Ajax and there 10 men behind the ball ****e can be called lucky, or the defeats?

heh.
Scuse me while i find headlines from these games. Ive never seen such a hilarious biased post

Unread 4 May 2003, 18:43   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
heh.
Scuse me while i find headlines from these games. Ive never seen such a hilarious biased post
I love the way that people believe what the papers say.

Like 'Paulo Di Canio is hated at West Ham, by the fans, the staff, the players' - Which was been reported in practically every single paper in the country.

I was at Upton Park yesterday when he came on to the loudest ovation I've ever heard there. If you want to go by the papers then feel free, but I'd rather rely on my own opinion than second hand crap.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:45   #19
cheekybru
Synaptidian

Quote:

Like 'Paulo Di Canio is hated at West Ham, by the fans, the staff, the players' - Which was been reported in practically every single paper in the country.

I was at Upton Park yesterday when he came on to the loudest ovation I've ever heard there. If you want to go by the papers then feel free, but I'd rather rely on my own opinion than second hand crap.
Ive never seen the papers say that :S

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:47   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

As a disinterested party who watched the Arsenal vs Manchester United game at highbury (on TV that is, not at the stadium), I must say that United were the MUCH better side and Arsenal were lucky to come away from that match with more than Wenger's 49th red card, or whatever number it is.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:48   #21
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: Re: Leeds United Stay in the premiership

Quote:
United didnt win the title, we threw it away.
oh, and what was that you said about Wilkinson Mark????
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:49   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
As a disinterested party who watched the Arsenal vs Manchester United game at highbury (on TV that is, not at the stadium), I must say that United were the MUCH better side and Arsenal were lucky to come away from that match with more than Wenger's 49th red card, or whatever number it is.

Do you know I've never heard him admit a single one of those red cards were deserved in isolation. Heh.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:50   #23
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
You're all ****ing twats.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:52   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:

As you arent taking either my opinion, or the opinion of seemingly almost everyone on these boards, im using the media to back up my claims.

Unread 4 May 2003, 18:54   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leeds United Stay in the premiership

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
oh, and what was that you said about Wilkinson Mark????
Thinking that appointing HOWARD ****ING WILKINSON was a good move is like saying that the Bubonic Plague is great for tourism.
Unread 4 May 2003, 18:55   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Do you know I've never heard him admit a single one of those red cards were deserved in isolation.
I'd be worried about having Wenger as a manager if I was an Arsenal fan, he never seems to watch the games.
Unread 4 May 2003, 20:24   #27
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
As you arent taking either my opinion, or the opinion of seemingly almost everyone on these boards, im using the media to back up my claims.
The reason I dont accept your opinion, is that I dont believe you watch half the games you make comment on. And also, you seem to rely on what Andy 'United' Gray and Martin 'Arselick' Tyler say quite heavily.
Unread 4 May 2003, 20:29   #28
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
its all a terrible day i wont be able to hold me head up high here in south manchester(surrey)

evil man utd

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 21:56   #29
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
Quote:
The reason I dont accept your opinion, is that I dont believe you watch half the games you make comment on. And also, you seem to rely on what Andy 'United' Gray and Martin 'Arselick' Tyler say quite heavily.
cheer up....
u're finishing second in the league
u're in the champions league again
u're probably gonna win the cup
+
u played fantastic football for the majority of the season

try supporting sunderland u miserable fart

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 22:04   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Reidy
try supporting sunderland u miserable fart
We're not good enough for Rids.

HEY RIDS

SEE YOU ON SATURDAY!
Unread 5 May 2003, 01:17   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
The only time i have seen Andy Gray this entire season is when he appeared as a mystery guest on a Question of Sport.

As to your statement, i watch the premiership every week, and i read BBC Sport and planetfootball.com every day.

The only people who watch 90 minutes of every arsenal game every week are unsuprisingly, arsenal fans, thus are biased.

Im giving the neutral perspective. Arsenal are lucky SOBs. Sometimes they turn up and they are MAGIC. They take teams to shreds. Other times they turn up and they are underhand and dire. On both of these types of arsenal this season, more often than not they take the points and the plaudits.

Unread 5 May 2003, 06:51   #32
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
people get so touchy and emotional over football, it's funny.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 12:08   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
people get so touchy and emotional over football, it's funny.
Life is dull. Sport adds a whole new dimension of debate, anguish, joy, and intrest to it.

Unread 5 May 2003, 12:11   #34
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Life is dull. Sport adds a whole new dimension of debate, anguish, joy, and intrest to it.
it's the same "my life is crap so I will talk about someone elses" mentality as soaps then?

Unread 5 May 2003, 12:13   #35
JC
lolly roffle

Football is a religion.
Unread 5 May 2003, 12:15   #36
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

well, almost.

Its the same as "why post on general discussion". Ultimately you are typing ASCII characters to people who you will probably never meet, who probably dont care about what you have to say, you probably wont reach a conclusion, and even if you do, it wont make a blind bit of difference to anything.

Put that way its pointless. But you can turn anything into that level of pointlessness really.

Its just entertainment.

Unread 5 May 2003, 21:21   #37
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Football is a religion.
football is life

i like sweeping statements too

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 09:29   #38
Radical Edward

Quote:
Put that way its pointless. But you can turn anything into that level of pointlessness really.

Its just entertainment.
yeap, it is indeed entertainment, but when people start hatong one another and glassing one another because someone kicked an inflated pigs bladder through a metal square it seems a bit silly. I never get even remotely emotional over GD, except maybe laugh sometimes.

Unread 6 May 2003, 11:45   #39
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
yeap, it is indeed entertainment, but when people start hatong one another and glassing one another because someone kicked an inflated pigs bladder through a metal square it seems a bit silly. I never get even remotely emotional over GD, except maybe laugh sometimes.
Hooligans use football as an excuse for violence. Even if football didnt exist you would get idiots going around beating people/things up for the fun of it.

This weekend i was on the train home from the Blackburn match when some Notts Forest fans got on the train in a fairly drunk state. They got chatting with me and said they had only watched the 1st 5 minutes of the game they went to watch, then got bored so went to the pub and beat up some Rotherham (i think) fans :/. Those small proportion of people that go to matches for the fights give all other decent football fans a band name .
Unread 6 May 2003, 12:09   #40
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Hooligans use football as an excuse for violence. Even if football didnt exist you would get idiots going around beating people/things up for the fun of it.
Granted these sorts of people are the minority, but the people who go on about how they Hate Man U and so on seem to be a significant majority... what is there to "hate"? Just because they are better than other teams.

Unread 6 May 2003, 17:13   #41
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Granted these sorts of people are the minority, but the people who go on about how they Hate Man U and so on seem to be a significant majority... what is there to "hate"? Just because they are better than other teams.
The "hate" for man utd as such spans not only from their success, but from the ****y attitude of Alex Ferguson, the pinching of players (The media forgets Cantona was a LEEDS star, not a Man united star first in england), and the glory hunters