User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:21   #1
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Anyone who knows amsterdam etc?

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0...l&siteid=50061

What are these like? Do they work or are they basically portaloos
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:22   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: Anyone who knows amsterdam etc?

Quote:
Originally posted by deerbarn
http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0...l&siteid=50061

What are these like? Do they work or are they basically portaloos
They are public lavvies that you can take away on an event or something
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:24   #3
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
That really didnt answer anything i asked did it? SMELLY
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:27   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I look forward to the lawsuits when someone gets stuck underground.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:31   #5
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

How ace would that be though. locking in one of your friends. hohoho
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:35   #6
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
surely you've heard of the humble pissoir before, they are urinals not toilets. i.e. its basically an open air bog, you dont go 'in' anything, just whip out your dick in the street have a piss and go away.

I suppose its no shock that liverpool is the first place they will be used in britain.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:38   #7
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
I remember them, they were ok except they made the streets smell. But they smelt of weed anyway.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:46   #8
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by deerbarn
That really didnt answer anything i asked did it? SMELLY
Oh shove off

spammer
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 15:02   #9
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

I give that idea the thumbs up!
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 15:19   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm in Amsterdam regularly and I must say I've never seen one of them in action before. Although I do recall seeing them on the news once.
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 17:25   #11
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
They're okay to use although you are hereby advised to seek relief elsewhere in case of big scaled events etc..
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 17:29   #12
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
OLD NEWS WE HAVE THEM IN READING ALREADY!

They are just pop up urinals...
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 17:30   #13
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
hmm.. i've never seen those before.
we just have those old green portapotties
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 18:28   #14
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it likely that a wasted person will actually be able to operate this without dying in the process?
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 18:45   #15
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
Is it likely that a wasted person will actually be able to operate this without dying in the process?
They are raised from about 8pm till 2am, not opperated by the users, all they have to do is wee. I think the police opperate them.
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 18:56   #16
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
I do believe the french had an equivelent hundreds of years ago called pissoirs.

I think it's as this is originally when we took the 'piss' outa the french

Unread 4 Mar 2003, 19:06   #17
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
They are raised from about 8pm till 2am, not opperated by the users, all they have to do is wee. I think the police opperate them.
They still have to get in don't they?
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 19:22   #18
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
They are simply public toilets (male ones of fking course) who you can raise whenever its needed, and they place them in areas where ppl go out, at daytime they are down and night they are up...and they are chemical toilets so no they dont smell really and they are cleaned daily afaik
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 19:28   #19
MrPeach

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
They still have to get in don't they?
look at the pic! its a urinal... YOU DONT CLIMB INTO URINALS! ok, maybe you do
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 19:36   #20
MrPeach

Quote:
"They come up out of the ground hydraulically and are operated by remote control.

"A council officer comes along and triggers them at 7pm and they operate until 6am.

"They are self cleaning and are connected to the main sewerage system.

"Urinating on walls and doorways had become rife in central London. It was eroding our monuments, streets and pavements."

Each rising urinal is two metres high, made of stainless steel, and has bays for three people, though they are only suitable for men.
As it appears no one can read the article before posting.
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 22:12   #21
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
I seen em in Amsterdam, but they're only for men so I still had to pee against a building. Another plan foiled by an evil woman!