User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:58   #1
acousticset

acousticset is an unknown quantity at this point
The most overated things ever

Wayne Rooney
The Titanic (the film not the boat)
Nirvana
Kerrang
Blazin squad
Busted
Burberry
Parkers (you know the eskimo coats)
Michael Jackson
Madonna
Mcdonalds

anything else i missed
acousticset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:59   #2
Pineapple
Banned

Pineapple is an unknown quantity at this point
comedy 'this thread' option
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:01   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The most overated things ever

Quote:
Originally posted by acousticset
I disagree.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:01   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Nirvana
Michael Jackson
Madonna

lies
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:02   #5
acousticset

i said add to the list not disagree
and if madonna isnt overrated then im the queen of sheeba
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:08   #6
Kåre Willoch

Kåre Willoch is an unknown quantity at this point
Football
Football
Watching football (even worse than playing)
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:09   #7
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Pineapple
comedy 'this thread' option
Comedy 'comedy option' option
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:11   #8
acousticset

i thought of another one

AOL
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:11   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
i thought of another one

AOL
AOL is not overrated. By anyone.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:13   #10
acousticset

it is overrated by its users and the damn advert with that really annoying bitch in them
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:17   #11
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
i said add to the list not disagree
and if madonna isnt overrated then im the queen of sheeba
she has been producing singles for 15 years

not many artists can say that, at least ones that consistantly get into the top 40 anyway
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:19   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
it is overrated by its users and the damn advert with that really annoying bitch in them
I have yet to hear an AOL user who gives them a positive rating. Also, adverts don't count.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:19   #13
acousticset

she is overrated manufactured talent, who has spent millions on singing lessons and she still cant hold a high note with a strong voice she is overrated
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:21   #14
acousticset

adverts dont count but it dont stop them from being annoying
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:21   #15
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You people seem to hate AOL just for the hell of it.

How much do you actually know about the service?
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:26   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You were doing so well until you said "Nirvana".
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:27   #17
Dookie Velvet
Banned

IRC can be added to the list, incidentally.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:28   #18
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
'the SEC' (american collegiate basketball conference)
beer.
'dogma'
'the clash'
nietzsche
somethingawful.com
wheel of time past book four or so
world opinion

PS: these things aren't necessarily 'bad', and i don't hate most of them. they are 'overrated,' which implies neither good nor bad, just their relative quality vs. popular rating, which happens to be the topic at hand

PPS: I'm using AOL right now and I hate it. For numerous reasons. As most people hate it, it can't really be called 'overrated'
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:30   #19
acousticset

ok in my opinion nirvana are overrated and anyway all rock music goes back to elvis who was a little overrated as well, but i suppose good for his time.

another thing thats overrated

KFC
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:31   #20
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
I was forced to watch football earlier. I know how it works now - all these men run about trying to stop a vicar from catching this ball he wants to bless. The vicar can't see very well, and he's always running past the ball, and when he does the whole crowd shout "are you blind Rev?"
Sometimes the vicar has to label people heretics if they get too satanic, and he shows them this coloured icon to signify a good smiting. Oh - his efforts are also hampered due to the fact that he isn't allowed to run on the satanic symbols on the ground. It's very compelling.

Anyway, I saw that Wayne Rooney fella. He has big ears and a big spot.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:33   #21
acousticset

lets face it wayne rooney has scored not alot of goals in 30 appearences but hes englands football team savouir dont think so because if he is, we are definately screwed

WAYNE ROONEY ANNOYINGLY OVERRATED
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:37   #22
Dookie Velvet
Banned

The White Stripes
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:47   #23
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Wayne Rooney <- disagree
The Titanic (the film not the boat) <- agree
Nirvana <-agree
24 <- never could be arsed to watch it, sounds like just another **** action thingy
Kerrang <- agree
Blazin squad <-agree
Busted <- i hope they ****ing die
Burberry <- what?
Parkers (you know the eskimo coats) <- they look like ****, agreed
Michael Jackson <- agreed
Madonna <- agreed
Mcdonalds <- i ****ing hate it!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 01:05   #24
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mona Lisa - It's just a ****ing portrait like all the other thousands out there. Most other recognizable art as well.

I agree with the original list, except for Madonna.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 01:13   #25
Dookie Velvet
Banned

The Beatles
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 01:23   #26
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Wayne Rooney << From what i saw tonight (which i admit was very little) Yes
The Titanic (the film not the boat)[/b] << both were!!!!
Nirvana << not really just because a lot of ppl liked them they wernt overrated they were actually v.good
24 << No its actually quite good, but i wouldn't have said it was rated much anyway so maybe overrated if it is
Kerrang <<< YES
Blazin squad <<< just pure crap (imo)
Busted <<< need to be taken out and shoot
Burberry <<< old men wear it. So yes.
Parkers (you know the eskimo coats) <<< yes they look fkin stupid
Michael Jackson <<< i wouldnt say he was highly rated anymore
Madonna <<< sorta wasgood in her day (altho not my taste) but is crap now
Mcdonalds <<< again not realy highly rated i wouldnt say its crap and everyone knows it (its just quick and easy)

anything else i missed

Last edited by nickhall; 3 Apr 2003 at 01:29.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 01:46   #27
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:

anything else i missed
Indeed, but the SHIP was overated by the builders, they said it was unsinkable, and the darn thing sunk.

If that is not overating I will stand the Drop of York?
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 03:31   #28
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
The police
"Democracy"
USA
Kaza
Neverwinter Nights
Oslo City Council
Oslo
Norway
Norwegian Girls
Soccer

More interesting is "most underrated things" really!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 05:45   #29
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
You people seem to hate AOL just for the hell of it.

How much do you actually know about the service?
I had AOL for a while, hated it. I would almost always have to try to connect more than once whenever I wanted to log on. Not only that, but once I got connected the connection would freeze from time to time, usually for only about 10-15 seconds, but doing things like clicking links wouldn't register and it got quite frustrating, not to mention trying to play a game online fs. Also any service you pay $20+ dollars for should not spam your email and have popup ads every time you (finally) connect ffs.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 05:55   #30
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
another thing thats overrated

KFC
That is fighting talk

you can diss the music

but you cant diss the sweet sweet taste of a twister
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 06:26   #31
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Sex in the City
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 09:15   #32
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You did well with your original list mostly, until you started adding silly things to it.

Dante, nirvana were hideously overrated. Whether they were good or not doesnt come into it much, the hype over Nirvana so long after their disbanding is disturbing. Some people still insist on calling them the "band of the 90s".

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 09:23   #33
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
you should just rename this thread to 'things acousticset doesnt like'

im not a fan of nirvana really, but for so many people to still really like listening to their music, what does that tell you?

wayne rooney - im a liverpool fan and i think he's a flash in the pan that scored a wonder goal and got a big head. but he's probably worth £15million now and plays for england..

michael jackson. again not a fan, but he's sold a ****load more albums and singles than most, and is on the top 10 most sold ever pretty much everywhere

'please post things you dont like, and ill comment on whether i dont like them either'

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 10:56   #34
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
The only reason Blazin' Squad is over rated is because there is not a word for how bad they are.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 11:00   #35
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
i wasnt aware they were 'rated' in the first place..

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 11:13   #36
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
That is fighting talk

you can diss the music

but you cant diss the sweet sweet taste of a twister
Zinger Tower > All Other Chicken-related Fast Food
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 11:16   #37
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Other peoples' opinions
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 11:53   #38
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
Zinger Tower > All Other Chicken-related Fast Food
LIES

although i do like zinger tower, its not as good as a twister
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 12:17   #39
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Wayne Rooney
Nirvana
24 <-- no way
Kerrang
Blazin squad
Busted
Burberry
Parkers (you know the eskimo coats)
Michael Jackson <-- naw
Madonna
Mcdonalds

anything else i missed
I'd add to list...

LOTR - especially the first move.. never a top10 imdb
Godfather - I love this but best ever? no
Tea + Coffee
Tommy Hillfiger clothes
England at all sports
Owen+Heskey (not sure anyone apart from sven rates the latter)
American football
Half life
FatboySliM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 12:26   #40
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Re: Re: The most overated things ever

Quote:
Originally posted by FatboySliM
I'd add to list...

LOTR
Godfather
Tea + Coffee
what?
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:24   #41
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Planetarion.

Can't believe it got to a second page without it being said.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 14:27   #42
acousticset

hair metal
ibanez guitars
Playstation
X BOX
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:13   #43
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I have yet to meet a person that likes the Blazin' Squad.

and I have some townie friends
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:24   #44
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
DVDs - i don't get the advantage.
MTV - it gets more crap by the minute.

PS: nirvana is a complicated case. I'd contend that they are 'the band of the 90s', and I really like them. But they are hugely rated by a lot of people, and they aren't that great. I'd say 'overrated', but not 'most overrated thing ever'

PPS: life rocks yo

PPPS: when snurx says 'the police' is he talking about the band?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 19:14   #45
soul-runner

other things include: war
yarwee (twat of the year)
workmonkeys unfunny replies to all threads
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:06   #46
acousticset

Another Thing

Playboy Mansion- i mean half of its plastic
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:14   #47
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
those little cheesy nibbly things

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:15   #48
Dookie Velvet
Banned

The hottest girl in college.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 00:25   #49
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis

PPPS: when snurx says 'the police' is he talking about the band?

Oh, and:
People!
Life
Religion
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:46   #50
fdm2907
Banned

fdm2907 can only hope to improve
I thought French Kissing was overrated

Maybe I wasnt doing it the right way, or with the right person.

Time will tell ..
fdm2907 is offline   Reply With Quote