User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:16   #1
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Deleted thread

Why was the thread about the facts about israel deleted?
Most of the facts in there were true, if anyone would find this inflammatory then it is their opinion that is doing that, not the thread starter.

The way I see it those facts were a decent line up of information, there were no suggestions or comments, simply stating of cold hard facts. If anyone wishes to interpretate that as 'propaganda', then they couldn't be more wrong. This thread could have lead to a decent discussion how it is possible that we in this world seem to live by 'double standards'. Yes there would be flames, but thats what we have moderators for right?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:17   #2
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Oh and before anyone says 'take it up with management'.

I will, so don't bother telling me to
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:20   #3
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
between the two threads I deleted, there was so much bull**** or "creative truth" that I decided it was easier just to kill both threads rather than have to deal with one more thread on the SAME ****.

Oh and stating facts but forgetting to FINISH said fact is considered "creative truth"
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:21   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Deleted thread

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Why was the thread about the facts about israel deleted?
Most of the facts in there were true, if anyone would find this inflammatory then it is their opinion that is doing that, not the thread starter.
Surely all the facts were true?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:25   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
whats wrong with discussing the oil reserves of saudi arabia or the us?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:26   #6
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Re: Re: Deleted thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Surely all the facts were true?
Most of the facts actually were, the building of settlements, the breaking of UN resolutions, not signing nuclear treaties etc.

Overall the thread pointed out how one country is allowed to get away with certain things whereas another is not. That would in turn relate to an undermining of the 'moral' side of the arguements PRO war, which is an active discussion atm.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:28   #7
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
whats wrong with discussing the oil reserves of saudi arabia or the us?
Start a thread discussing oil reserves then. That would have been considered "off topic." I don't, however, see why I should have to let someone kick a dead horse by throwing in blatantly made-up information. It's old, it's stupid, and it's extremely annoying. Mr. Gimmick is a troll or an idiot and he posted more than one bit of **** in the process.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:30   #8
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
between the two threads I deleted, there was so much bull**** or "creative truth" that I decided it was easier just to kill both threads rather than have to deal with one more thread on the SAME ****.

Oh and stating facts but forgetting to FINISH said fact is considered "creative truth"
So now its your job to filter out 'creative truth', I thought you were responsible for keeping the forums in order, not to judge posts on their 'truthfullness factor'.

Anyway, I agree the post about oil had a lot of 'contradicting' information, however the facts posted about israel WERE in fact correct, unless you want to dispute the amount of times the US veto'd about Israel, or the number of resolutions broken or the thing with the settlements etc.
And even if they were, what stopped you from making a post with the accurate information, instigating a *god forbid* discussion?

Deleting was not the answer, keep it on a more professional level, thanks.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:32   #9
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Deleted thread

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Most of the facts actually were, the building of settlements, the breaking of UN resolutions, not signing nuclear treaties etc.

Overall the thread pointed out how one country is allowed to get away with certain things whereas another is not. That would in turn relate to an undermining of the 'moral' side of the arguements PRO war, which is an active discussion atm.
I think you missed his ever so well hidden point.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:34   #10
E-Primer

Those threads appeared to me to contain what looked like material that wasnt condusive to what I would define as being called a worthwhile debate, so in my opinion the mods appeared to be correct in closing them.

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:34   #11
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

It IS my job to weed out ****. You post ****, I nix it. You post more than one **** thread, chances are I nail them all just to be sure.

Lets try to be a tad original in our threads.

oh and no, the Israel thread wasn't anywhere NEAR correct or was a very great demonstration of telling the truth while lying through your teeth. You want to discuss the ****, go play in one of hte 80 billion other threads of the type.