User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:36   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Moon Landing Footage REALLY fake!!!

I'm seeing a program on Belgian TV (documentary, Dark Side of the Moon) with Rumsfeld, haig and Kissinger and a lot of other people.

They openly admit the apollo 11 footage is all fake, produced by Stanley Kubrick, under direct order of Nixon...

I'm not kidding you poeple. They say that after 30 years or so it is enough. They were faked to blind the russians.

They also say that the guys did go to the moon. they were there, but were unable to create footage. They knew it in advance so thats why they made it.

Kubrick never really recovered and drew himself back from that moment on.

I'm not kidding you. Donald Rumsfeld said it's all fake footage.

I kid you not.
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:42   #2
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Proof please
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 00:17   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Do I start calling people fag now?

My 'Nodrog for Dummies' guide isn't too specific.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 00:30   #4
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
Proof please

oh you will lose that smirk soon
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 01:04   #5
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
Not soon enough, we're waiting for the proof!!!
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 01:07   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
gold if true

so many peoples "favourite moment" a complete fake

If not, and your ****ting us, your gay, but i dont care so much

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 01:07   #7
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Everyone knows that Rumsfeld's a total commie.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 01:08   #8
Reck
b0rked!

Reck is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
the documentary you saw on doc.story was fake (check canvas' teletext for it)... the creator wanted to prove the power of manipulation and therefore decided to make a false documentary so viewers would experience first hand how easy it is to get fooled.

(it was all explained when the credits rolled)
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 01:09   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Well, that was a magical mystery ride into tediom wasn't it?
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 01:27   #10
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Moon Landing Footage REALLY fake!!!

Quote:
Because we all know that darling Donald is the most reliable source ever...

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 01:34   #11
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Anyone who thinks the moon landing video was faked has a rather loose grip on reality, and is a complete idiot. I don't care if ****ing Neil Armstrong came to my house, gave me a blowjob, and told me it was fake. It's not ****ing fake you ****heads.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 02:15   #12
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Hey, gimme a break. I really saw said persons actually saying what I said. It is in that case not really up to someone's imagination to believe it. I simply was like WTF if Kissinger and Haig and Nixon's PA himself says |yeah we faked it" it then must be... true?

I haven't got teletext and I missed the credits, and the start as well. How the hell should I know it was a fake program?

Searching the internet on this subject doesn't really help much, believer or not.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 02:21   #13
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
How the hell should I know it was a fake program?
is intelligence too much to be expected these days?
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 02:23   #14
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
with a sufficiently powerful telescope, you can see the mirrors that apollo 13 put up there, you know..

So..

STFU

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 02:26   #15
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
with a sufficiently powerful telescope, you can see the mirrors that apollo 13 put up there, you know..

So..

STFU
After they faked the moon landing, NASA sent a real manned mission to the moon to fake the evidence. True story.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 02:27   #16
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
After they faked the moon landing, NASA sent a real manned mission to the moon to fake the evidence. True story.
Now that I can believe.

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 02:28   #17
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:

So..

STFU
To be precise, I only was made to believe the FOOTAGE was fake

didn't I say that three times or so?
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 02:28   #18
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

So..

STFU
So they say, but that's a myth. Noone has ever spotted any mirrors up there, cause they aren't there!
W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 03:09   #19
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
THE FLAG WAS BLOWING IN THE WIND
AND THERE'S NO WIND ON THE MOON!!!!!!!!11122233
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 03:10   #20
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by W
So they say, but that's a myth. Noone has ever spotted any mirrors up there, cause they aren't there!
I have, my friend has, my university has, NRAO has, and I could keep on going on, and on, and on, and on some more of who else has.

Just because you haven't, doesn't mean others haven't either.

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 03:12   #21
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

The only thing I think about it is that NASA is being nervous about something. I think they went to the moon tho.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 03:15   #22
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
what's funny is years ago when they sent that robot to mars.. and then it 'dissapeared' and suddenly the media stopped talking about mars.
one day it was the BIG THING.. the next.. nothing :\
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 03:18   #23
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

So..

STFU
Apollo 13 never landed, that's the mission that had the explosion in the oxygen tanks. (See movie of same name)
The mirrors are there though, scientist bounce laser beams off them to measure the distance between Earth and moon.
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 03:20   #24
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
what's funny is years ago when they sent that robot to mars.. and then it 'dissapeared' and suddenly the media stopped talking about mars.
The Aliens got it, prepare for an invasion. :eek:
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 03:20   #25
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
The only thing I think about it is that NASA is being nervous about something. I think they went to the moon tho.
Maybe Saddam's alien buddies put the 'frighteners on 'em'?
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 03:22   #26
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
Electronics don't work too well in 180 mph dustorms. And we lost a robot on mars. Right at the time we thought we were going to lose it on mars.

Take this into consideration:

Jose Padilla was caught trying to take a dirty bomb into an american airport. I haven't heard a damn thing about him since. All I know is he's being held in a military prision indefinately. News organizations won't go near that story until something develops. And why should they?

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 04:56   #27
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Electronics don't work too well in 180 mph dustorms. And we lost a robot on mars. Right at the time we thought we were going to lose it on mars.
A pretty convenient coincidence if you ask me.
Quote:
Take this into consideration:

Jose Padilla was caught trying to take a dirty bomb into an american airport.
Well no. Padilla was supposedly planning on building such a bomb.
Quote:
I haven't heard a damn thing about him since. All I know is he's being held in a military prision indefinately. News organizations won't go near that story until something develops. And why should they?
He's being held off-planet.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 04:59   #28
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
I hate the Discovery Channel for making a program about this. Ever since I've had to listen to about a hundred different stoners go on and on about it. One of those stupid stoners (who is going for a degree in lawn care btw and knows **** all about science) had the nerve to get into it with an astrophysicist (I believe that was the name of it anyways) who used to work at ****ing NASA about it. The NASA guy actually busted out drawings to show how mr. stoner was wrong. This is what people get for basing their information on cable.

also: How could you buy the part where Stanley Kubrick directed that?

Last edited by Nicole; 5 Mar 2003 at 05:20.
Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 10:23   #29
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
I hate the Discovery Channel for making a program about this. Ever since I've had to listen to about a hundred different stoners go on and on about it. One of those stupid stoners (who is going for a degree in lawn care btw and knows **** all about science) had the nerve to get into it with an astrophysicist (I believe that was the name of it anyways) who used to work at ****ing NASA about it. The NASA guy actually busted out drawings to show how mr. stoner was wrong. This is what people get for basing their information on cable.

also: How could you buy the part where Stanley Kubrick directed that?
Hey listen

if all you see is the middle of the show there is no telling if it is fake or not. I could not find anything on other sites so then thought, why would Kissinger et co do this?

I never doubted them actually going, the angle of the show was that a direct image feed from the moon was impossible for some reason. So to satisfy the needs of televised america they said they put this up for Nixon to decide on and he said letś do it.

There's loads of other sites on the internet saying silly stuff about moon landings that is just refuted time after time. I've been there and read that, iirc it was one of the first things I used the internet for; ie getting footage from the Dark Side, and seeing the face on Cydonia (wich is actually really weird).

Regarding Kubrick, I know he went weird all of a sudden, and I always blamed an enourmous appetite for many different drugs. Being extorted by the CIA as a reason had not sprung to my mind but seemed feasible (or, possible) as well.

Donṫ forget, that once the brain is in state of amazement, it can suddenly accept a lot of things.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 10:37   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Comic gold, gentlemen, keep up the good work.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 15:18   #31
roidlover

roidlover is an unknown quantity at this point
In all those photos of the moon, with or without the earth in the background, have u guys ever noticed that there are NO STARS in the blackness of the background. You would think that the sky would be FULL of stars or at the very least one or 2, and if u check out the reflection in the helmet visor in the upclose shots, NO STARS are to be seen either. Very strange.
roidlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 15:28   #32
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by roidlover
In all those photos of the moon, with or without the earth in the background, have u guys ever noticed that there are NO STARS in the blackness of the background. You would think that the sky would be FULL of stars or at the very least one or 2, and if u check out the reflection in the helmet visor in the upclose shots, NO STARS are to be seen either. Very strange.
Have a squiz at most modern space footage and you wont see stars either.. point?

re: the subject, it lost all credibility once Kubrick was mentioned.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 15:38   #33
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
TV Camera's do not have the definition of the human eye. A lot of our ability to see small points of contrast (ie. a tiny white dot on big black background) is down to edge finding enhancements our eyes and brain automatically do. TV screens are also relatively low resolution so small sharp points tend to be blurred out or 'smudged'.
Now think about the quality of image likely from a small 1960's mini battery operated TV camera transmiting an analogue image back over a very long distance to yet more analog receiving, processing and retransmitting equipment which is then eventually displayed on what passed for a TV back then (ie. hardly the clearest picture ever).

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 16:11   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I propose we introduce banning-for-idiocy.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 16:13   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
A better answer is that there is such a great contrast between the brightness of the light from the sun and from the stars that if the stars were visable, the rest of the picture would have been a nice uniform shade of white.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 20:06   #36
Nicole

Quote:
Hey listen

if all you see is the middle of the show there is no telling if it is fake or not. I could not find anything on other sites so then thought, why would Kissinger et co do this?

I never doubted them actually going, the angle of the show was that a direct image feed from the moon was impossible for some reason. So to satisfy the needs of televised america they said they put this up for Nixon to decide on and he said letś do it.

There's loads of other sites on the internet saying silly stuff about moon landings that is just refuted time after time. I've been there and read that, iirc it was one of the first things I used the internet for; ie getting footage from the Dark Side, and seeing the face on Cydonia (wich is actually really weird).

Regarding Kubrick, I know he went weird all of a sudden, and I always blamed an enourmous appetite for many different drugs. Being extorted by the CIA as a reason had not sprung to my mind but seemed feasible (or, possible) as well.

Donṫ forget, that once the brain is in state of amazement, it can suddenly accept a lot of things.

I'm aware you doubted the footage only, my comment was directed at the effect that a tv special has had on a group of people otherwise uninterested in science. If you lump yourself in with those people (which btw, I hadn't) than you have reason to be defensive.

The Kubrick comment was directed at you, and I still think that the idea that Kubrick directed any fake moonlanding footage is absurd.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 20:56   #37
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah okay, "people went into space". Sure thing. Have you ever met anyone who has gone into space? Thought not.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 21:23   #38
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
Yeah okay, "people went into space". Sure thing. Have you ever met anyone who has gone into space? Thought not.
I've never met anyone who went to England either, therefor it must not exist either.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 21:28   #39
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
We both live in one country. It's just a communist plot to make us think the world is significantly bigger than we think.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 21:28   #40
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

It wasn't faked, because I've been to The Moon and I've seen the little flag. I stole it. It's in my cupboard now.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 5 Mar 2003 at 21:35.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 21:33   #41
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
I have.

Having parents that work at the country's premiere Radio Telescope has it's perks sometimes.

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 22:12   #42
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:

So..

STFU
Unfortunatly, that telescope hasn't been built yet. Nor will it, within 80 or so years.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 22:24   #43
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Come off it lad - I'm pretty sure hubble could.
There are also array telescopes more powerful than hubble on the ground.

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 22:48   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Come off it lad - I'm pretty sure hubble could.
There are also array telescopes more powerful than hubble on the ground.
It might be hard to detect mirrors on the moon by looking at radiowaves.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 22:54   #45
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Thought hubble had optical capabilites?
Oh well, there are optical array telescopes on the ground which wouldn't have a problem.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 22:57   #46
Valon

Re: Moon Landing Footage REALLY fake!!!

Quote:
I'm seeing a program on Belgian TV (documentary, Dark Side of the Moon) with Rumsfeld, haig and Kissinger and a lot of other people.

They openly admit the apollo 11 footage is all fake, produced by Stanley Kubrick, under direct order of Nixon...

I'm not kidding you poeple. They say that after 30 years or so it is enough. They were faked to blind the russians.

They also say that the guys did go to the moon. they were there, but were unable to create footage. They knew it in advance so thats why they made it.

Kubrick never really recovered and drew himself back from that moment on.

I kid you not.

I can't tell you how much I love that documantary man

-Valon
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 22:57   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Thought hubble had optical capabilites?
Oh well, there are optical array telescopes on the ground which wouldn't have a problem.
Telescope arrays --> Radio Telescopes
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 23:11   #48
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

You're so behind the times mark

There is an optical aray telescope somewhere (can't remember where).
It links 3 'standard' telescopes placed about 0.5km apart if i remember rightly, using fibre-optics and some nifty computer equipment to control the syncing of the visual feeds.
It is very very powerful indeed.

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 23:13   #49
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Update:
http://www.eso.org/projects/vlt/

That's not the one allready in existance - it's a more powerful version.

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 23:30   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
As opposed to the large telescope

Indeed; I forgot dem tings.