User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:43   #1
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
People who take advantage of dip****s like me..

...are bad!

I had a pain in the ass conversation with my bank today and there's around 500 dollars that should be in my checking account but isn't. I haven't noticed my debit card lying around in over a month. As a result my account information is closed to me over the phone, and as I live 250 miles from my bank (im at school) I can't walk in there and ask for a history of recent transactions. I've carefully gone over what I've spent and there's no way I spent that 500 dollars. However I cannot confirm anything until I meet these assholes face to face. Fortunately, after my bank researches it and sees that I did not spend this money I will have my account credited. But that doesn't really help me with the checks that I've already written and are now going to bouncing like rubber balls. I'm going to be charged 30 dollar fees from at least 2 different locations.

I'm sure I just dropped my card outside one day as I lose things constantly. But that doesn't mean some asshole has to pick it up and use it. I'm in debt badly enough as it is. Does anyone else have any experience with account fraud and can offer advice, or tell me the likelihood of my bank correctly attributing the transactions to mr. asshole thief?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:45   #2
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Dip****
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:45   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
They don't normally give you any protection until you've registered the card stolen and they 'deal with it' in their very banky way.

If they ****ed up, you'll see funds. If your card got nicked and you didn't report it you could find yourself... buggered, basically =//
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:46   #4
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
My bank has a website I can check all that **** on. Even has scanned images of all the checks.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:48   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: People who take advantage of dip****s like me..

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
...are bad!

I had a pain in the ass conversation with my bank today and there's around 500 dollars that should be in my checking account but isn't. I haven't noticed my debit card lying around in over a month. As a result my account information is closed to me over the phone, and as I live 250 miles from my bank (im at school) I can't walk in there and ask for a history of recent transactions. I've carefully gone over what I've spent and there's no way I spent that 500 dollars. However I cannot confirm anything until I meet these assholes face to face. Fortunately, after my bank researches it and sees that I did not spend this money I will have my account credited. But that doesn't really help me with the checks that I've already written and are now going to bouncing like rubber balls. I'm going to be charged 30 dollar fees from at least 2 different locations.

I'm sure I just dropped my card outside one day as I lose things constantly. But that doesn't mean some asshole has to pick it up and use it. I'm in debt badly enough as it is. Does anyone else have any experience with account fraud and can offer advice, or tell me the likelihood of my bank correctly attributing the transactions to mr. asshole thief?

I have it from the other side. My Job is to investigate these matters and get you your money back after frauds like this take place.

As for the bounced cheques , your bank should refund the bounce charges if you were taken overdrawn as the result of a fraud on your account (The Consumer Credit act applies in the UK , dont know about the US).
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:49   #6
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
[quote]Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
Dip**** [/QUOTE

Wow aren't we just brimming over with insight today.

Pab, when I talked to the lady she didnt mention reporting it stolen. The thing is whoever used it can no longer be using it as I had another one that I hadn't activated. Now that it's activated the other one is deactivated by default. Do I still have to report it? If so, do you know long I can wait to do so?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:50   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[quote]Originally posted by Nicole
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
Dip**** [/QUOTE

Wow aren't we just brimming over with insight today.

Pab, when I talked to the lady she didnt mention reporting it stolen. The thing is whoever used it can no longer be using it as I had another one that I hadn't activated. Now that it's activated the other one is deactivated by default. Do I still have to report it? If so, do you know long I can wait to do so?
If the other one's deactivated, there shouldn't be a problem, but you're still liable to any fraudulent fund transfer that took place up until that point. Might be worth phoning and finding out to be honest.

Edit:
'As is my understanding', I've been ****ed over a barrel about this before
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:52   #8
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sooner you report it stolen the better. Never know what they might say if you claim you didn't spend it yet never reported it was missing.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:52   #9
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
This is why i have card prtection

£18 a year through barclaycard

in case some asshole decides to play games with any of my cards (not just Mr. Barclaycard)

its just like the AA, you get it "in case"

Put everything down to experience, and hope the situation can be resolved with the least amount of money lost

And yes, going down to talk to them in person is your best bet, they usually "agree to your demands" if you go down there
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:54   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
This is why i have card prtection

£18 a year through barclaycard

in case some asshole decides to play games with any of my cards (not just Mr. Barclaycard)

its just like the AA, you get it "in case"

Put everything down to experience, and hope the situation can be resolved with the least amount of money lost

And yes, going down to talk to them in person is your best bet, they usually "agree to your demands" if you go down there
I love my Barclaycard. Dangerous tool for a student like.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:55   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
In order for this **** to have used your card , they have to have signed a sales voucher for any transactions they made (unless they got your PIN number and used an ATM , in which case , welcome to "Youre Screwedville"). If you go over your statement and confirm with your bank which transactions are and are not yours , then you should find they will order said vouchers and match the signature against the sample signature they hold on file for you.

If they dont match , you get your money back , and backdated. Plain and Simple.

Unless the US has a ****ed up banking system which works differently from the one i work in.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:57   #12
Nicole

thank you kura for being useful. As I've never written my pin number on anything ever he can't have it, so that's a relief.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:01   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

9 times out of 10 , frauds like this will be perpetrated on Supermarkets , local grocery stores , Petrol Stations and the occasional High Street Retailer. Those are the transactions you need to look most closely at. They will be for under $100 usually , and inevitably when the vouchers show up (which you can ask the bank for copies of) youll find that they have purchased large volumes of resellable items (Videos , Cigarettes , Alcohol).

Youd be amazed how many of these i get a day.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:02   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
9 times out of 10 , frauds like this will be perpetrated on Supermarkets , local grocery stores , Petrol Stations and the occasional High Street Retailer. Those are the transactions you need to look most closely at. They will be for under $100 usually , and inevitably when the vouchers show up (which you can ask the bank for copies of) youll find that they have purchased large volumes of resellable items (Videos , Cigarettes , Alcohol).

What is your job, other than physically assaulting colleagues?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:04   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
What is your job, other than physically assaulting colleagues?
Ive just described it.

Im the bloke who orders those vouchers , takes the panicking customers phone calls , and then puts the money back on the account.

I also cured cancer , AIDS , and know how to make Liverpool win the league title.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:05   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

out of curiosity, how did you get into that line of work , and whats actually involved in it ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:06   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
and know how to make Liverpool win the league title.
God himself doesn't know how to do that.

You lie.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:06   #18
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
and know how to make Liverpool win the league title.
you keep that little secret to yourself
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:08   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
out of curiosity, how did you get into that line of work , and whats actually involved in it ?
Ill list it
[list=1][*]You Call Helpline Number[*]They take all details and pass to me[*]I order vouchers , and if necessary , speak to customer to satisfy myself its definite fraud[*]I get vouchers in , match against signatures , and refund/do not refund to account (This takes 4-6 weeks)[*]I phone you and tell you ive given you back all the money someone stole from you[*]Nobody ever says thank you ....... [/list=1]

It was offered through an Agency. I had back office experience , and this was originally a back office position. I impressed the boss , voila , profit.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:09   #20
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
God himself doesn't know how to do that.

You lie.

Id tell you , but id have to kill you. And there are so many Everton fans here on the IOM that i wouldnt last 30 seconds once i had told you.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:09   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

No wonder, the customers are only getting their details stolen in the hope you'll tell them how to get Liverpool to win the league.

Communist.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:10   #22
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Ill list it
[list=1]
Nobody ever says thank you ....... [/list=1]
On behalf of all your customers

Thankyou

On Behalf of all the Supermarkets, shops, and convinience stores run by ethenic minorites, **** YOURSELF AND DIE
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:12   #23
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
On behalf of all your customers

Thankyou

On Behalf of all the Supermarkets, shops, and convinience stores run by ethenic minorites, **** YOURSELF AND DIE

If i were to tell you that 95% of the supermarkets , mini-marts and ethnic minority stores never got the money taken back off them, and the bank wrote the losses off as fraud , would you still wish me taken out back and shot?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:12   #24
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Ill list it
[list=1][*]You Call Helpline Number[*]They take all details and pass to me[*]I order vouchers , and if necessary , speak to customer to satisfy myself its definite fraud[*]I get vouchers in , match against signatures , and refund/do not refund to account (This takes 4-6 weeks)[*]I phone you and tell you ive given you back all the money someone stole from you[*]Nobody ever says thank you ....... [/list=1]

It was offered through an Agency. I had back office experience , and this was originally a back office position. I impressed the boss , voila , profit.
i'm surprised no-one ever says thank you.

sounds an ok job to do. hmmm.

ta.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:13   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
If i were to tell you that 95% of the supermarkets , mini-marts and ethnic minority stores never got the money taken back off them, and the bank wrote the losses off as fraud , would you still wish me taken out back and shot?
Obligatory 'with bullets' comment.
Optional 'with cum' comment.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:14   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
i'm surprised no-one ever says thank you.
I deal with Offshore accounts for very rich customers. The odds of them saying thank you for a service they expect from the bank is very slim.

If you have £1 million , and someone steals £10,000 , its an inconvenience , and you expect your bank to do something about it.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:14   #27
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
so the money simply dissappears

ok, then on behalf of you employers, the banks, **** you

:ninja:
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:15   #28
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Obligatory 'with bullets' comment.
Optional 'with cum' comment.
Do you think Bobby Davro could relaunch his career with that joke?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:16   #29
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Do you think Bobby Davro could relaunch his career with that joke?
Do you?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:16   #30
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
so the money simply dissappears

ok, then on behalf of you employers, the banks, **** you

:ninja:

I cant win ......
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:17   #31
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Do you?
The magic 8 ball says

"all my sources point to no"
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:17   #32
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Do you?

I think anything is worth a try.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:18   #33
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
I think anything is worth a try.
WITH CUM NOT BULLETS!

Sorry, didn't really apply in the context, did it?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:19   #34
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
WITH CUM NOT BULLETS!

Sorry, didn't really apply in the context, did it?
no not really
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:19   #35
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
I deal with Offshore accounts for very rich customers. The odds of them saying thank you for a service they expect from the bank is very slim.

If you have £1 million , and someone steals £10,000 , its an inconvenience , and you expect your bank to do something about it.
ah, i keep forgetting your location..
people with more money than sense...
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:20   #36
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:

Have you ever investigated anything alongside Bergerac?

Wrong island, sorry.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:20   #37
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
your PIN number
Personal Identification Number number?
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:21   #38
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Have you ever investigated anything alongside Bergerac?

Wrong island, sorry.
BOBBY DAVRO!
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:22   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
RAS Syndrome.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:22   #40
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
BOBBY DAVRO!
Oh come on, there was some merit in that one surely
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:24   #41
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
That would be the jobbie. The little 4 digit (5 digit in some countries) number you are given which allows you to take money from an ATM.

Did you know that when you give that number to a family member to get money out for you , youve compromised the details , and a bank doesnt have to refund you any ATM frauds?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:24   #42
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
RAS Syndrome.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:27   #43
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That would be the jobbie. The little 4 digit (5 digit in some countries) number you are given which allows you to take money from an ATM.

Did you know that when you give that number to a family member to get money out for you , youve compromised the details , and a bank doesnt have to refund you any ATM frauds?
I meant that writing "PIN number" is unnecessary. The N in PIN stands for number.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:29   #44
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
I meant that writing "PIN number" is unnecessary. The N in PIN stands for number.
Youve been taking Pedantry lessons from Nod and Flavius , havent you.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:30   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I don't think so. He learned from the master, wiggles.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:31   #46
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Im taking lessons as well, they are getting annoyed with me because i never dot the dots on the I's

personally i think they are just being ped......oh
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:32   #47
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I don't think so. He learned from the master, wiggles.
BOOM BOOM
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:33   #48
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Why did the boy fall off the bike?
Someone threw a canoe at him!

And such forth.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:37   #49
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Why did the boy fall off the bike?
Someone threw a canoe at him!

And such forth.
JOE PASQUALE!