User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:12   #1
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Did anyone else put "jedi" as their religion on the census?

I think they counted 300,000 but they didn't accept it as a religion and classed it as atheist. Bit of a shame really.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:14   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
no.
ps old

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:19   #3
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Re: Did anyone else put "jedi" as their religion on the census?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
I think they counted 300,000 but they didn't accept it as a religion and classed it as atheist. Bit of a shame really.
'old'
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:21   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question

Why didn't they class them as 'twats'?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:22   #5
Dreadnought!

"old" is so 'old'
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:22   #6
Sub
Banned

I was just reading an article on it and wondered if many did it.

****wits.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:39   #7
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:41   #8
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
that's not a religion
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:42   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
that's not a religion
Neither is atheism, fool.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:45   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Did anyone else put "jedi" as their religion on the census?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
They were never going to accept it as a religion, all that stuff about them having to if they got over a certain number (10000?) was crap. All it means is that it gets it's own seperate tally rather than being 'others'.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:46   #11
Sub
Banned

Quote:
It's as narrow minded though.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:04   #12
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
it's a belief, which is all that a religion really is. The fact that it isn't organized is meaningless.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:05   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
it's a belief, which is all that a religion really is. The fact that it isn't organized is meaningless.
Surely, religion is based around multiple beliefs?
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:18   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Surely, religion is based around multiple beliefs?
Quote:
A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
What is a spiritual leader? Is it necessarily someone who teaches people 'the way of the spirit' or would someone teaching that 'there is no spirit' qualify? It could be argued that they are still a spiritual leader although they approach it from the other side to the traditional, they are still teaching about sprituality (or lack of it). If so a true atheist could easily qualify under that definition.
Quote:
A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
There are certainly atheists who qualify under this one, rabid anti-religious people who paradoxically turn their own non-religion into a religion. In many ways they think of God as often or more so than more orthodoxly (does that word even exist?) religious people, albeit in terms of denial.

This is why I wanted dictionary.com
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:41   #15
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
It's as narrow minded though.
Why is not believing being narrow minded?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 23:57   #16
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Was the census only in England? :/
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 00:02   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
Was the census only in England? :/
UK-wide, I believe.

If you don't fill it in, you get fined loads.
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 00:07   #18
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
UK-wide, I believe.

If you don't fill it in, you get fined loads.

Well they never sent me one so they can sod off :p

Scary thought - maybe I don't actually exist :/
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 00:08   #19
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I am a Jedi. Like my father before me.
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 00:09   #20
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
Well they never sent me one so they can sod off
Was it done by household or what?

I never got one but I was <18 when it was done so was prob just included on my 'rents one.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 00:11   #21
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
Was it done by household or what?

I never got one but I was <18 when it was done so was prob just included on my 'rents one.
I on the other hand was at least 25 :/
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 00:15   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

You got one per household. The strongest/fattest/most senior person was supposed to fill it in.
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 00:17   #23
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Quote:
You got one per household. The strongest/fattest/most senior person was supposed to fill it in.

Aha! I do exist, if only because my mother would have ticked a box saying so \o/
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 01:09   #24
Sub
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Why is not believing being narrow minded?
Refusing to accept something that you can't possibly know about, or have any evidence on either side, seems a little dodgy.
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 01:51   #25
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
2 guesses

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 02:16   #26
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
You sad sad man!

guessed wrong..

didn't even fill in the fking form...

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 04:03   #27
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
I didnt fill it in (I crumpled it up, wipped my ass into it and then kicked it directly into the sun. Getting rid of any chance I'd do 'the man' a favour). I probably would have ticked Jedi otherwise.
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 11:22   #28
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
Refusing to accept something that you can't possibly know about, or have any evidence on either side, seems a little dodgy.
And for the same reasons, so does assuming that someone else's idea of what it's all about is anywhere near accurate.

I wish I knew some RL people who boasted about putting Jedi on their census form, then I could laugh in their faces.
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 16:06   #29
Sub
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
And for the same reasons, so does assuming that someone else's idea of what it's all about is anywhere near accurate.
That's why I said it was as narrow-minded as believing in a certain religion. Not quick on the uptake are you?
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 16:10   #30
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
That's why I said it was as narrow-minded as believing in a certain religion. Not quick on the uptake are you?
I know what you said, but without both sides of the argument side-by-side it just looked like you were arguing one case rather than pointing out how stupid the argument was in the first place.