User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 Jul 2007, 14:46   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Does anybody remember what alliance first used a 'Wing' system?

Been trying to think which alliance first used the wing system for its members, any ideas?? I think it was one of the very early alliances.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 14:56   #2
Talin
Mildly Amused

Talin will become famous soon enoughTalin will become famous soon enough
Re: Does anybody remember what alliance first used a 'Wing' system?

If I remember correctly, The Empire (or some similar name) was known to be the first such alliance. I don't know anything specific about it though, and I still may be wrong altogether.
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 14:57   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

BT and WaC both had wing systems in place by r2. Not sure if anyone had them before then.
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 15:25   #4
teqh
@ Gamer

teqh has a spectacular aura aboutteqh has a spectacular aura aboutteqh has a spectacular aura about

I don`t know about BT or WaC.

But i can confirm that TE (TheEmpire) had a wing system in place for r2.
I was in the Ultra Violence wing myself, who later became their own alliance.

R2 [TE] [Legion] R4 [CELL] R5 [Elysium] R6 [Elysium] R7 [RaH]

R68: Faceless - Rank 6
R65: Norsemen - Rank 3
R60: Ultores - Rank 14
R58: Solo planet - Rank 35 (xp)
R56: Vikings - Rank 14
R54: Vikings - Rank 5
teqh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 22:19   #5
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

I'm thinking maybe ICD.

Xeno
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 22:23   #6
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

BlueTuba had wings in r2. TE and Conc are excellent shouts considering they are ancient.

Only Xanadu really did well with wings. But then again it's the same with sanitary towels.
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 22:39   #7
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

ICD used wings in r2. One example being Howling Rain which went on to be its own alliance. However a couple of these were basically separate alliances which all became part of ICD. Examples being B8S, and -=42=-?(i think) was a while back heh.
OneColourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 23:05   #8
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneColourRed
ICD used wings in r2. One example being Howling Rain which went on to be its own alliance. However a couple of these were basically separate alliances which all became part of ICD. Examples being B8S, and -=42=-?(i think) was a while back heh.

ICD was formed out of separate alliances, but it also created a system of what it called squads, which is I think the origin of HR... wasn't my squad so cant say for sure.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 23:24   #9
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

I thought it was LOST2K
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 01:42   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tuba used wings first.

Note: we used them very differently from the abomination known as battlegroups.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 03:05   #11
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

As far as I remember, mind you i didn't know/remember much from the first rounds, HR who originated from -=42=- was probably the first thing you can actually call a wing... that means in the same sense as what we mean by wing today, and not 7 years ago...

oh god, this is depressing

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 07:35   #12
Walldo
Stealth & Shadows

Walldo is on a distinguished road

In round 2, WaC had wings. LOST was a wing in it. The origional LOST not all those spinoffs we saw last couple of rounds.

Playing since RND1 and counting

Proud to have been

Newdawn

Wolfpack - WPO - OoO - Kralizec Stealth & Shadows - []LCH[] - [1up] - VisioN - TFD
Ultores - Conspiracy Theory - Concordium - WaC - Blue Tuba - Fury - Thieves & Pirates - OUZO -Vengeance - Elysium - Mistu - LOST - 4S - GoCi - FAnG - Novus Ordo Seclorum - Xanadu - BULL - VGN -xVx
Walldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 10:18   #13
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Thinking about it now, I do agree with some that it was TE who devised and first used the wing system when the alliance was formed at the end of round one.

I also think that the HC system possibly came from them too as each head of a wing also sat on the ruling body, although it was known just as the Council and became knows as the High Council during round two.
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 10:32   #14
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

You are all wrong.

Suicide Kings, round 1 \o/, lead by...(who can remember? )
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 10:38   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

TGV had wings in round 2.
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 15:00   #16
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneColourRed

That was one heck of a time OCR

I remember you and me in a french name`d wing :P
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 22:21   #17
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbat
That was one heck of a time OCR

I remember you and me in a french name`d wing :P
The group we were in was called Vitality and was by far and away the best in the alliance, was even better than HR(you know i'm right sethy).
OneColourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 02:32   #18
BDB999

BDB999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walldo
In round 2, WaC had wings. LOST was a wing in it. The origional LOST not all those spinoffs we saw last couple of rounds.

you mean the lost i started .. we had L2k in rnd 2 as did most other allinces haveing farm wings think l2k tunred in to MI or some thing like that been a long long time
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 04:02   #19
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
BlueTuba had wings in r2. TE and Conc are excellent shouts considering they are ancient.

Only Xanadu really did well with wings. But then again it's the same with sanitary towels.
I dont know which alliance was the first using wings. And I agree, Xanadu was the most successful alliance with wing structure.
But you should also remember some alliances had really good recruitment wings like Wraith (former Fury recruitment wing). Or LCH was also a very well performing wing in R9 and R10 before they became a major alliance.
So yus, Xanadu is the best example for a successful wing policy, but not the onliest one.

Regards
Sonnenbomber
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Sonnenbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 20:11   #20
sepa

sepa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDB999
you mean the lost i started .. we had L2k in rnd 2 as did most other allinces haveing farm wings think l2k tunred in to MI or some thing like that been a long long time

KFBS was a LOST wing way before L2K existed.
That merge happen RIGHT after the split from WaC.
sepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 23:02   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think I was in both KFBS and L2k at various points.
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 20:43   #22
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

there were several wing based alliances in r2, comming from late r1.

but as was said earlier, they couldnt be judged as wings are thought of today.

A wing would be for theese days and sort of around r 5 or 6 onwards ,an entire alliance taken into another alliance (or merged) but remaining a separate entity.

NoS had many wings in that form. tho when they started doing it i dont remember.

Wings were great for smaller less organised alliances to learn the ropes from those around for alot longer.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 20:07   #23
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
As far as I remember, mind you i didn't know/remember much from the first rounds, HR who originated from -=42=- was probably the first thing you can actually call a wing... that means in the same sense as what we mean by wing today, and not 7 years ago...

oh god, this is depressing
From what I remember HR came from -=42=- which itself came from the Wireplay Alliance in Round 1. It certainly had a lot of common members (who all played TFC on Wireplay) like EARTHWALKER. During the first few hundred ticks of Round 1 the Wireplay Alliance was one of the places to be and they had a big rivalry with a US alliance called the X alliance. Wireplay then lost a load of ships defending Koppo from a b0rk attack and became a bit irrelevant until they got it running as -=42=- in Round 2.

Now remembering all that is scary.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 10:29   #24
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
there were several wing based alliances in r2, comming from late r1.

but as was said earlier, they couldnt be judged as wings are thought of today.

A wing would be for theese days and sort of around r 5 or 6 onwards ,an entire alliance taken into another alliance (or merged) but remaining a separate entity.

NoS had many wings in that form. tho when they started doing it i dont remember.

Wings were great for smaller less organised alliances to learn the ropes from those around for alot longer.
About R6/7 i think, They created Anubis and got HR as a wing i believe?
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 10:38   #25
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I might be completely wrong and totally narrow minded on this e-dickery but when I got in contact with Grim (Xanadu leader) my little battlesquadron (trashmen) started to cooperate during the end of round 1 with the alliance Grim was leading, we worked as a offensive wing (taking out strong single planets opposing our friends regardless of their political background) for the alliance that later became Xanadu. Perhaps Trashmen wasn't unique in this fusioning of groups within PA as I wasn't much aware of what was happening around me and my e-friends during that time in the pa universe but I like to think I sort of introduced the entire system that was so typical of the entire structure of Virus and later, in a better way, Xanadu. Also I was (inactive) fleet commander of the old Virus at the time their wing structure got created.

edit:
As I said, I might miss some really 'important' bits in the exact history of these things as nowadays I just remember a big blurr of IRC faggotry, shitty ICQ conversations, badly going relationships a pathetic social life and shit food from the microwave.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 31 Jul 2007 at 10:52.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 09:13   #26
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

TRT used wings in r1 and at the end of R1 became itself a wing of RE.

Shortly into R2 RE became RB and we were using fully fledged wings.

Ultimetly it was that which proved our downfall.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 12:47   #27
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken

Fury / Wrath, cant say that it didnt work well

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 00:47   #28
Pennywiser
Xanadu

Pennywiser will become famous soon enoughPennywiser will become famous soon enough

Xanadu had various wings and it worked extremely well, they were Core, LDK, Ministry, KoN, MrJ's section and one other that was started later but i cant recall its name.

They also had the Bull galaxies which rocked.

Lots of these alliances wanted to go play on their own in the end and have been quite successful in PA and other games.
rd 5 [Xanadu]
rd 6 [Xanadu]
rd 7 [Xanadu] [Bull]
rd 8 [MadCowS] MO
rd 9 [MadCowS] MO
rd 15 [eXilition] DC
rd 16 [reinVENted]

Proud to be [Xanadu]
Pennywiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 09:10   #29
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I think with Xanadu knowingly taking on cheats, they had the added advantage.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 13:10   #30
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I think with Xanadu knowingly taking on cheats, they had the added advantage.
weren´t you in Reborn Forest? there is a saying, if you are sitting in a glas house.... sorry couldn´t resist as ex-Xanadu player

hows you
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 21:28   #31
Forest

Kree thats EXACTLY what I am talking about.

Xanadu stooped lower than RB ever did for reasons we have been through a hundred times.

Im good ta mate, hows you?
Unread 29 Dec 2010, 20:35   #32
CrashTester
I am an idiot

It was definately TE (The Empire) who first created and implemented the Wing system at the end of round 1 as T6E was dispanding and it's members began looking for new alliance.

I should know, I founded TE and devised the idea under my previous name of Bartok
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 02:48   #33
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

uncool necro dude
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 13:26   #34
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Never really seen the problem with raising the dead if the comments I have to say today are still relevant.
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 14:21   #35
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

"still relevant" is subjective. your comment was relevant to a conversation being had 3 years ago. One must wonder why you didn't answer then.

Last edited by t3k; 30 Dec 2010 at 14:39.
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 15:27   #36
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Cos I left and have just come back!
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 16:50   #37
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester View Post
Cos I left and have just come back!
welcome back to pa
has to be said that is some bump
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 16:55   #38
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A returning poster? He must be pestered until he leaves, as much and as quickly as possible.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 17:13   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
"still relevant" is subjective. your comment was relevant to a conversation being had 3 years ago. One must wonder why you didn't answer then.
More to the point one wonders why he asked a question he knew the answer to.
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 18:58   #40
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Because I was interested to see who would take credit to the system that I believe became very popular and successful.

Is it still used by alliances?
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 19:06   #41
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

so you just wanted to stroke your own dick is what you are saying
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 19:20   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester View Post
Is it still used by alliances?
No. Alliances have between about 30 and 80 members nowadays, too small for a wing system to be necessary.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 30 Dec 2010, 20:14   #43
CrashTester
I am an idiot

I guess I did Alki...beautifully put!

Thanks Mzyxptik. I see, so numbers are smaller which is probably better to be honest. When TE started it had 400-500 members so a wing/fleet system was necessary.
Unread 2 Jan 2011, 19:22   #44
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Considering 400-500 members would be about 1/3 of the registered planets, smaller numbers might be better indeed...
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2011, 01:15   #45
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Back then membership was at abouy 80,000 planets I think and TE was not the only alliance to have that kind of membership.

A wing consisted of 100 planets (split into 10 'fleets' of 10) so fleets and wings could operate independently of each other - that was the idea anyway.

Do PA players still reply on mIRC to operate? Gotta be honest, thats when I started to lose interest!
Unread 4 Jan 2011, 03:25   #46
Mzyxptlk
mz.

IRC. mIRC is just one of the many clients. And yes.
Unread 4 Jan 2011, 07:30   #47
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

How could iRC make you lose intrest? Its the probably the best way to communicate effectively on the game. Unless you prefered to dress up in your general's uniform and video call on msn
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2011, 02:19   #48
Fighters
Hello

Fighters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin View Post
If I remember correctly, The Empire (or some similar name) was known to be the first such alliance. I don't know anything specific about it though, and I still may be wrong altogether.
from what memory serves it was def TE that used this first. in many cases these wings went on to become alliances.

R3 : 118:14:21 - Lithium - Hello
R4 : 159:21:3 - TE/PCI - Hello
R5 : 4:14:9 - PCI/MI/Ni! - Hello/Fighters
R6 : XX:XX:XX - Deus Ex Machina - Fighters
R7 : 26:11:15 - [FAnG] - Fighters
R8-R39: Retired
R40 : 2:9:8 - Apprime - Fighters
R41 : 2:8:7 - Apprime - Fighters
Fighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2011, 17:36   #49
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough

Sounds about right..
TE was probably the first alliance to make use of Wings in planetarion.

Personally I made friends with members of t6e in r1, and joined up with them for r2 in The Empire.

The wings that I can remember were:

181st
Ultra Violence
Tsunami
Phantom Fighters

Atleast ~tsu and UV went on to be alliances themselves, and later editions of them merged back in with other ally tags again.

After different fractions had left for Legion etc.. what was left of TE at the end of r3 including myself, joined ViruS and played there from r4.

IRC has always been the main way communication, also before the netgamers servers. EFNET, Quakenet and Undernet was used by many groups I played with aswell as private servers.

I remember using ICQ aswell for Phantom Fighters and had most of the members there added..
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Rabbagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 14:35   #50
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywiser View Post
Xanadu had various wings and it worked extremely well, they were Core, LDK, Ministry, KoN, MrJ's section and one other that was started later but i cant recall its name.
Think it was Vikings or something...?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote