User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:19   #1
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
I'm sick

I barely ever get sick (I've been sick like 5 times the last 10-12 years), and I hate it. Runny nose, lack of consentration etc. Well, I'll get a few days off from work, atleast it's something.

Just so this thread isn't all me-me-me, how often do you get sick? (And I'm talking viral infection here, to the degree that you show noticeable symptoms)
W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:21   #2
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I've been sick with love for the last year ://///
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:22   #3
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks to the airconditioning machinery at the office, about two times a year on average.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:22   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Very rarely to a degree that I couldn't go to school/college/uni.

And never to a degree to have gone to the doctor about it in the past 10 years or so.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:22   #5
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i rarely get ill too...
if I do I can generally attribute it to some sort of excess earlier in the day, or the night before...
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:22   #6
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I am very rarely ill actually, which is nice. The occasional mild cold but never enough to stop me doing anything.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:23   #7
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
I've been sick with love for the last year ://///
Please note me specifying what kind of sickness I was talking about. I do not want to hear from all you people who do it with your family.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:23   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I'm sick

Quote:
Originally posted by W
I barely ever get sick (I've been sick like 5 times the last 10-12 years), and I hate it. Runny nose, lack of consentration etc. Well, I'll get a few days off from work, atleast it's something.

Just so this thread isn't all me-me-me, how often do you get sick? (And I'm talking viral infection here, to the degree that you show noticeable symptoms)

Pretty Often , i have quite a poor diet, and thats the cause. One too many nights out for a steak dinner instead of a salad.

I never take time off work. Just reach for far too many cold remedies, and mix and match. Fortunate enough to have an ex whos a pharmacy assistant, and advises me on what i can take together for max effect.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:27   #9
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I got a cold a while back when I came back from Vancouver. That was feburary. The last time I got to meet the hospital staff was 2 1/2 years ago, where I was struck down with a staphylococcus Aurius infection, and got to know the inner workings of an MRI machine personally. 10 times. Over a 2 month period.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:28   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I phone in sick every once in a while (sickness of the soul), but get sick pretty rarely. One proper sickness in the last 3 or 4 years I suppose. Maybe one minor cold a year though.

Haven't needed to see a doctor in roughly a decade.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:29   #11
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by W
lack of consentration etc.

omg you ARE sick hope you're feeling better soon.

to answer your question.. i think i've only been sick to the degree where i can't go to school/work twice in my life (not counting stuff like chickenpox)
i take echinacea almost every day so i don't get sick very often :P
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 21:21   #12
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
I was sick for a good part of the day in the Summer of 2001.

It sucked. I'm sitting at my desk and I just had an awful headache. blah.

More commonly, I get a stuffy nose at night and it kills my attempts to sleep (one nostril clogged, turn over to the other side to drain, other nostril clogged, turn back, repeat til 5 AM)
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 21:38   #13
Kal_Zakath
Terror and Hubris

Kal_Zakath is an unknown quantity at this point
I usually get sick once a year around October or so. Cold/wheezing, goes away in a couple days. Dunno why, but I've had it for the past couple years around then.
Kal_Zakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 21:58   #14
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Im pretty often sick, but never anything serious.
The only times i cisit the doctor is after getting beatings, something that happens too often..(Was to the doctor today to remove some needlework..)
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 01:01   #15
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
Just had my 1st ever day off work sick, got that bored by the 2nd day I went back, despite feeling even worse than the 1st day. Don't know my doctors name, gender, location, or even if they're still alive. So I'd have to say, on average, never.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 09:06   #16
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: I'm sick

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Fortunate enough to have an ex whos a pharmacy assistant, and advises me on what i can take together for max effect.
does s/he tell you to take bottles of whisky with lots of asprin, under the advice that it will "solve all your problems"?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 09:08   #17
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I used to get ill all the time, normally 7 or 8 times a year with quite major viral infections causing me to miss at least a few days of work.

Recently that has come down to well, twice a year, at worst.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 09:52   #18
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
I refuse to be sick, therefore I almost never am. Can't recall having anything major for quite some time.

I am currently holding the theory that an increase in sickness lately could be due to too much relience on drugs to cure the disease.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 10:06   #19
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
I am currently holding the theory that an increase in sickness lately could be due to too much relience on drugs to cure the disease.
yeap, people have weak immune systems because everything is so squeaky clean. personally I wallow in a pit of filth and grime, and never get any illnesses apart from occasional outbreaks of plague and cholera.

Unread 15 Apr 2003, 14:42   #20
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
Being ill often is good anyhow. Gets all the crap out of your system.
but surely you are ill often because you have so much crap in your system...

Unread 15 Apr 2003, 15:31   #21
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by W
, lack of consentration etc.
that made me chuckle
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 15:57   #22
W
Gubbish

Problem is that I FEEL utterly clearminded, like no problem is to hard to solve. But I know from experience that it's just illusion.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 16:00   #23
Anu
Kontrè*******

Anu is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by W
Runny nose, lack of consentration etc.
It's SARS
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote