User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Aug 2004, 01:53   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Your neighbours

What are they like?

I have some scummy rastas with dreadlocks the size of cricket stumps playin reggae until midnight and sometimes 3am and on my right, a family that never seems to come of the house ever except for the father. He's probably murdered them or something. Evil bastard.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 08:13   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Your neighbours

I'm basically a (lapsed) catholic family who support celtic living in a ridiculously protestant rangers supporting area, yet my neighbours on either side are Aberdeen fans. One does nothing but garden and used to moan about me and my brother kicking the ball over our hedge into his garden, the other just moved in and is a dick for ruining my entire summer's sleep by doing DIY at 6am

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 09:24   #3
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I live next to the pikeys from Snatch, without the caravans. Recent events include the father being kicked out of the house for some unknown reason, getting pissed off, and putting a solid rock garden orniment through the windsheild of a rather expensive car.

The other side is a DIY crazy strange couple who never leave the house, ever, and are strange, very strange.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 09:53   #4
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
The other side is a DIY crazy strange couple who never leave the house, ever, and are strange, very strange.
I wonder how they do their shopping...
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 12:45   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I wonder how they do their shopping...
Tunnel networks. Like the GLA.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 13:07   #6
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I have lived here 1 year for uni and managed to never actually see my neighbours. My parents have just moved so I haven't seen their neighbours either.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 16:03   #7
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Your neighbours

I live on a corner so I have lots of neighbors.

Next door are a retired couple. The husband doesn't talk (so far as I can tell), but the Missus is nice. I shovel their walk in the winter and "fix" their computer (e.g., connect the printer cable to their new printer) so they think I'm a god.

Behind me across the alley are two couples (duplex). Their kids are mostly all off to college so they have actual lives now and we never see them anymore. I'm envious.

Across the street to the east is a large house owned by some sort of fundamentalist religious commune that offers temporary housing to families (mostly to women with children whose husbands/boyfriends have left them). There are about 8 families living there at any one time. They seem nice but most of them don't stay very long. The commune runs its own business and school, and every morning the children wait for the bus that takes them to their school. The commune has a strict dress code (the girls all wear ankle-length dresses) but a relaxed dating code--every night there's a stream of boys driving up and honking their car horns to pick up the older girls for dates. Billy Graham meets the Trailer Park.

Across the other street is a four-plex apartment. No one ever seems to stay there very long--I think the landlady is a control freak. I've met her a few times and she always wants to know what her tenants are up to and if any of them are "bothering us."
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 16:15   #8
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

to my left is the other half of our duplex. though you wouldn't know it was a duplex at first glance.. anyway. i *think* there's 2 guys that live there. they're hot, but we don't really talk to them, just say hi and stuff. there always other guy s and girls over there.
to my right is a family with 8 year old twin boys. i know their age cause the day after we moved in they were playing in our yard and my roommate bonnie opened the window (on the second floor) and yelled down at them 'hi boys, you guys are cute.. how old are you?' (nice bonnie.. nice :\) they've got a dog and a cat named gypsie and timber. i know their names also cause of bonnie. the mom is very nice, and the dad isn't around much.. they have a fire in their backyard though every few nights so if i leave my window open my room smells like smoke :\
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 16:55   #9
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

ok, big place so big list:
first couple: i dont know the woman very much, but the man is my personal hero: he is in his garden all day long doing stuff (building things, planting stuff) hes not very good at it (tim-taylor-style, if you know that sidcom) he spend at least 4 weeks to build some shack / shed (never saw that word, so i dont know if its the right word) to put all his garden-stuff in and he still isnt finished. its like 2m² large.
next to them lives another family, including gradpartents. nice people, but they have the most stupid children i have ever seen. i dont know if they have some competion in who asks the most stupid questions (one of them asked me who bought my shoes !?!?)
ok, next house is some widower. not much to say about him, since his wife died he became some church person.
next house: a family with a boy and twin girls. those 5year old girls are way smarter than the boys of that family above. they rent a part of their house to another family. dont know them very well, all i know is that their damn dog shits in front of our house.
then their is an older couple. nice people. the man always wears a ferrari cap when he mows his lawn, looks a bit weird.
in the next house lives a cop with his family. also nice people, but one of their boys NEVER EVER stops talking (at least hes not as stupid as the boys above).
then their is some family that lives in some swedish energy-safing wood house. dont know them very well, but their house sucks. first of all it doesnt fit in here at all, then its far too small for them. they had to spend lots of money to build / change things so that by now they probably have spend more money than for building a normal (what is considered normal around here) house.
and finally their are some relatives of mine. not much to say, you know how relatives are.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 17:50   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My neighbour is a mad woman of 60 who often 'pops round' for a chat. she is ok apart from you have to tell her stuff at least 4 times before it registers with her. When the 4 times are within about 3-4 minutes it gets a little tiresome.
Her grandson lives with her also, he doesn't do a lot, just thinks up excuses for not having a job mainly. Some of them are pretty creative 'They can't get insurance for a 19 year old' is my personal favourite.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:00   #11
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough

The man across the road is really into cycling, the local mormon missionary types live behind me, and the only true neighbours (in the sense of connected buildings) I've never met in 13 years living here.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:21   #12
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
you have to tell her stuff at least 4 times before it registers with her. When the 4 times are within about 3-4 minutes it gets a little tiresome.
i have the same problem with my parents, except its 6-7 times , and even then it sometimes doesnt register with them :/
perils of old age
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 12:21   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We live next door to a man who dad calls arthur askey (http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/askey.jpg) for more info because he looks like him. I think his real name is Mike.

Anyhoo.
Theres a hedge that is on our land which we use as a privacy hedge. He has a pet hate of it and every spring/summer/autumn will try and cut it down either himself or by trying to bribe our gardener to do it. 'Cant you cut it a little shorter' is his favorite phrase.
He also has to know whats going on. When i had cable installed for the internet he talked to every single one of the 15 or so workmen who were digging up the road and laying the cabling etc down.
Eventually they told him to piss off because they couldnt work quickly if they were being hassled by someone for why they were doing it. How much it costs. What is the 'internet' etc.

Directly across from us is another loony.
While most men enjoy sitting in the big chair and watching TV and nursing a beer. He enjoys using industrial equipment like arc welders to cut the chassis of his trailer in half etc etc. He loves the way the noise drowns out the noise of his wife speaking i think. Hes forever tinkering with his car too. It doesnt matter if the thing runs or not. He feels the need to get out there and rebuild the engine from scratch. Eachtime using less and less tools and more ingenuity. Kind of like a small challenge.
His kids hate us. No clue why. It could be to do with the fact theyre shit and we arn't.
His wife scowls as she drives too. I dont think theyre very happy.

Then we have a few more people around us. One reminds me alot of Wilson from Home improvement. Hes a really nice guy who you can rely on if things go bad and he also makes sure the house isnt burned to the ground when we are away.

We have other neighbours too but those are the only particularly interesting ones.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 13:04   #14
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

did anyone ever wonder what your neighbors would say about you if asked on some internet-forum?
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 14:10   #15
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

My nextdoor neighbours is pretty cool. Got given a laptop once. There is also this old bloke who has no idea wtf is going on.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 14:52   #16
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

ok heres my street (only a few houses)

Number 1 - Weird old couple, washes there car when its about to rain and hoovers (yes hoovers) the lawn. Nice people thou

Number 2 - Family of 2 adults and 2, kids. Seems nice, mother is hott . Drives a BMW so might have a bit of a nest eg

Number 3 - First of two familys which have more money than sense. They have a huge garden and they built a wall, sectioning it off from the front and the back. 4 months later they knock it down

Number 4 - Nice old couple, do wonderful cookies and cakes!!

Number 5 - Really cool peeps. Two middle-late aged peeps, with 2 groovy sons. bought my second drum kit from them

Number 6 - Squatters. I regularly throw stuff at them and laugh at them

Number 7 - No idea, they have a big garage (3 garages in one long line.) they have a nice garden thou!

Number 8 - The other family with no snese of money management. 2 parents and 1 kid. 4 bedroom house. Extending it forwards on 2 storys. Recently did the driveway with concrete where there extending. Go figure

Number 9 - the best house, since i live there atm

Number 10 - OAP couple, really cool thou. bought stillts from them for a fiver. fell off them the first time i used them. promplty burned them afterwards

=====
ALLEY WAY
=====

Number 11 - Cool scout people, mad drivers. son works in the co-op so i get told when Plymouth gin - the best shit ever - comes in.

Number 12 - token drug dealers
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 14:56   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We've only been living where we are for under a year, so I don't really know them. We live in a terraced house and on one side there is an old woman with a dog who was very friendly when we moved in, but less so (possibly because of noise / drug use in the garden / etc) as time goes on.

The other side is a youngish couple with a kid. We once had a party and they came round to complain about the noise. Unfortunately my house mate went out and spoke to them while high as a kite and gave them a long story as a way of an allegory to explain things. Unfortunatley half-way through he realised he wasn't making any sense and so just stared at them. They sighed, nodded and said they'd be back in the morning. Fortunately it was OK in the end.

I don't know anyone else in the street which I suppose is a bit sad, but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of point as we'll be gone within six months or so.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote