User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jun 2003, 10:45   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Finding targets?

How do you select a suitable target? What do you look for?
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 10:53   #2
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Well I'm gonna say the obvious: roids ofc If you go on solo attacks this is a good tool, use the target searcher...
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 11:04   #3
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I asume you want to attak solo and aim to steal roids.

I use pilkara and the likes. Do targetsearch: set a minimum amount of roids and/or roidratio, a maximum galscore (too active galaxies will defend against you), minimum score of 20% of your own. A maximum score can also be usefull or order by score.

Before I scan I alway check their activity by looking at their score development. Straight lines show periods of inactivity. If it's repetitive, you know when to launch on this planet.

Then scan. Calc your battle and try to increase it's efficiency. If it's not your kind of fleet to roid, then try to find another target.

Good luck.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 11:21   #4
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Straight lines show that nothing has come out of production....which would quite likely be when the person is online
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 09:02   #5
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Try the quick target finder at www.vd-tools.com/browser for an easy to use search

I finally got round to modifying the dump script, let's see if it stays up this time
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 12:58   #6
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
Type in random co-ords, launch any pods lying around, hope.

Repeat.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 14:20   #7
Devo
Spinner Flamer Flamer

Devo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Helveticus
Type in random co-ords, launch any pods lying around, hope.

Repeat.
Good tatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Why are you quoting me in your signature?
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 15:00   #8
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I look what galaxy my galaxymates are attacking and usually pick two other targets in that gal. I'm too lazy to do timeconsuming searches. I look.... I scan... I compose... I launch.... everything on intuition
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 08:06   #9
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
The method I prefer for finding galaxies to hit is similar to what Gerbie indicated. I do a search based on roid ratio, minimum roid number, and then min/max galaxy size. Then I do a sort by coords first, and look for any gal that has a certain number of targets match my search criteria. These galaxies then get run past all arbiters and which ever one/ones survive get hit that night.

The reason I prefer this method is that while you are not hitting the best individual target for you, you are hitting a galaxy that has enough targets to satisfy your battlegroup or anyone else you happen to be launching with.

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote