User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 May 2011, 22:23   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
TGV's round summary

Wanted to do a slightly different approach to things this round and write up a little summary about how we (The Galactic Vikings) were going this round.

Just before last round ended I got asked by mPulse if I wanted to start up TGV again, and after a few others had chimed in, stupid as I was, I said yes to it. At that time we had 4 confirmed people, and maybe 5-10 people considering it. We tried to get the old HC crew back and running, but with Auto| at NewDawn and Car inactive, it was difficult.

We also had negotiations with a splinter group of Hex, that wanted to leave Hex, but in the end changed their mind and went back to hex. This was lucky for us, because the two "leaders" of said splinter group both ended up going inactive, so no real gain for us.

We also had negotiations with a group of American players (AMRCFYA) who decided to join us, a move that for us brought us 10ish active Americans into the group and was going to be a backbone for the ally. I also sent out an email to old TGV members (about 100 of them) and got 15 positive replies from that

Now I had about 25 people confirmed playing for us, so I decided it was viable, then Macaroth approached me and started recruiting some aussies and americans and all of the sudden we had even more players, around 35.

The goal for this round was set to finish top 8, and have more than 4 people in top 100. A goal I saw at that time as doable, little did I know how much I had underestimated our chances.

We decided for a setup with mainly terr/etd/cath this round, we also had a few stray zik's and 1 Xan. Mostly all BS/CR fleets, although our late joiners had a lot of FI fleets.

We got a fair few incs at first because our core was at a guess just as active as the core in Apprime and DLR, and we managed to defend incs well, thanks to great DC'ing from Greytonic and Influence, who had joined us from ND. Influence was later appointed HC so that we had 3 active HC's working for us. When Apprime decided to raid us with their fighters, they were attacking us three days in a row, at a total roidloss of about 300.

Politically we decided to start out neutral. We did not want to interfere in the "big" time politics at start. In tick 309 we made our first ally in HR, at that time we saw them as a good partner to team up with on ROCK in an attempt to work our way upwards the rankings. Idling at for us a healthy 7th. Unfortunately we didn't create many friends with our galraid only politics, and several incidents lead us having to nap just way to many alliances. It was hugely frustrating for the members, and more annoying than anything for our BC's. In the Omega / CT war, we tried with xVx to create a third block to keep things interesting, but with ND blocking every offer, it was difficult, and in the end TGV chose more or less to stand outside, untill we started hitting Apprime with xVx. xVx all of the studden decided to drop out of the war against Apprime, stating that their morale was crap. Leaving us almost alone to fight Apprime, Luckly DLR helped us. 3 days later xVx got hit by CT, and wanted us to join in, we said no, which lead to Apprime and CT hitting xvx. In my eyes a great justice and a bit fun to see that instead of pulling out against Apprime, xVx now ended up with two enemies instead of 1.

I really wish that for next round people would just see a galraid for a galraid, nothing personal, nothing to get upset about and threaten about, but just a galraid. Having so many extremely hostile conversations just because we were doing the most normally type of attacks in the game was beyond silly the way I saw it.

Now with 24 hours left of the round we look about to finish 2nd or third, with around 13 members in top 100. I really did not expect us to do this well in our first round back, but I think the activity of our members was the main reason behind it. Massive defense fleets, massive attackfleets and great team-spirit was the main recipe for us.

Personally I would also like to make a few observations about the current political climate.

CT: You know what you get with them. GM knows how to do politics, and Monroe has a nice cool way of negotiating, although, i really wish you'd stop scaring me with CT declaring war against us

Apprime: carDi; I have great respect for your active band of members, and great respect for the massive BC potential both you and your bc's have, but if you actually want to discuss politics next round, try a pm now and then instead of talking to me twice in the round, maybe then you wont end up as TGV's enemy.

NewDawn: Whatever you do, please do not let Williams anywhere near politics ever again.

xVx: Activity is important in this game, and your HC's need to be active. I did appreciate the conversations I had with santacruz, but wish more of them was on irc, and not via PA mail

DLR: Allthough I hated your BS fleets and was greatly annoyed at them, your setup this round was perfect simplicity. Keep up the good work!

Omega: Kenny...... I really want to say that I thought you played an excellent round, but from a political point of view, you were just way to arrogant and way to distasteful to co-operate with.

Hex/ODDR/SPQR/TOF: I am actually sincerely sorry for the crap amount of INCS you had coming at you this round from us. The political clima after Omega died was really difficult for me as a "just returning hc" to navigate, and you unfortunately were the losers in that struggle for keeping my own alliance safe.

HR: Thanks for a wonderful round with true allies. Williams of NewDawn said to me that he would never be able to tell his members to recall from ingal when we were attacking, saying that no ally was going to be able to do that. You guys proved exactly the opposite, with lower score and less experienced members, you did what ND said was impossible, well done, and I will always keep sending new recruits your way.

Best moment of the round: Waking up one day to see that we had fought off 60 apprime fleets in 4 ticks.

Comedy moment of the round: When ROCK told me that they would get CT to attack us after we had galraided a gal with 1 for us known ROCK member in it! CT never did!

Worst moment of the round: saying yes to HC again!

To everyone else playing PA. I hope you all have had a nice round, and great fun. Next round, single targeting stats and even more fun!
Unread 19 May 2011, 22:54   #2
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all
Re: TGV's round summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
I really wish that for next round people would just see a galraid for a galraid, nothing personal, nothing to get upset about and threaten about, but just a galraid. Having so many extremely hostile conversations just because we were doing the most normally type of attacks in the game was beyond silly the way I saw it.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...41#post3206341

my god i wish this too

interesting read btw

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 23:15   #3
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool

xVx all of the studden decided to drop out of the war against Apprime, stating that their morale was crap. Leaving us almost alone to fight Apprime, Luckly DLR helped us. 3 days later xVx got hit by CT, and wanted us to join in, we said no, which lead to Apprime and CT hitting xvx. In my eyes a great justice and a bit fun to see that instead of pulling out against Apprime, xVx now ended up with two enemies instead of 1.
We never hit xvx after they stopped hitting us
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 00:37   #4
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

congrats on second, solid work and we enjoyed clearing some space for you.

on the gal raiding, certain alliances say "we were only gal raiding" too often when they are actually targeting 10+ of your members, its a crap way to excuse your actions. This means when an alliance is honestly gal raiding, people don't believe them.

It sickens me to see big alliances lol waving the small tags, last few nights it was xVx lolwaving ToF. All credit to these smaller alliances, they have to put up with a lot more incoming and they dont quit. There is a reason why Hex is #2 in alliance points!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 02:54   #5
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...41#post3206341

my god i wish this too

interesting read btw
Good point, I do enjoy comparing apples to butterflies!

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 03:18   #6
guzlic

guzlic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
congrats on second, solid work and we enjoyed clearing some space for you.

on the gal raiding, certain alliances say "we were only gal raiding" too often when they are actually targeting 10+ of your members, its a crap way to excuse your actions. This means when an alliance is honestly gal raiding, people don't believe them.

It sickens me to see big alliances lol waving the small tags, last few nights it was xVx lolwaving ToF. All credit to these smaller alliances, they have to put up with a lot more incoming and they dont quit. There is a reason why Hex is #2 in alliance points!!
This is just hilarious, you cleared space for them?? You couldn't even take semi inactive alliance such as xVx alone this round. Come to think of it, you did nothing this whole round, except of launching attacks where told. So please stop being hypocritical, everyone is aware of how 'good' your alliance is...

Congratulations on a solid play TGV, hope you do even better next round!
guzlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 07:35   #7
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:

Hex/ODDR/SPQR/TOF: I am actually sincerely sorry for the crap amount of INCS you had coming at you this round from us. The political clima after Omega died was really difficult for me as a "just returning hc" to navigate, and you unfortunately were the losers in that struggle for keeping my own alliance safe.
Granted a galraid can be a simple galraid, but seeing the same fleets going after the same oddr gals night in night out makes it look different.

It's always the same with the political climate, it's the nature of PA. The smaller you are the more incoming you have percentage wise. Wich means it's hard to keep roids.
Unread 20 May 2011, 09:29   #8
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzlic View Post
You couldn't even take semi inactive alliance such as xVx alone this round. Come to think of it, you did nothing this whole round, except of launching attacks where told.
We had 1-2 nights of help in the last week on xVx, rest of the time xVx spent crashing and dieing. Who told us where to attack?? from where I was sitting it was CT doing all the organizing! if you think apprim then it just shows what you know, they wanted to hit DLR and TGV!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 20 May 2011, 10:02   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
we enjoyed clearing some space for you.
They have Apprime and Omega to thank, more than anything.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 10:18   #10
[DDK]gm

I don't think Apprime and Omega spent a lot of time hitting ND and xVx
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 20 May 2011, 11:04   #11
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's a war game, man the **** up.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 11:38   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't think Apprime and Omega spent a lot of time hitting ND and xVx
That's not quite what I meant.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 20 May 2011, 11:56   #13
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If you galraid and you set up 2 target galaxies it is only natural that you increase your chances of landing by concentrating your fire on a single alliance. It doesn't mean you target that alliance. It only becomes targetting if/when you concentrate your fire on the same alliance multiple times in a week.

It can also be targetting if/when you clearly coordinate your attacks with other alliances. Something we hardly did considering the sheer number of times we piggied our own allies. Again, this is something that can't be concluded after one night of incs.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 20 May 2011 at 12:07.
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 11:59   #14
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Granted a galraid can be a simple galraid, but seeing the same fleets going after the same oddr gals night in night out makes it look different.
It could be me but ODDR ptargetted us the night after we hit said galaxy, ofc we are going to retal you for that. Allthough this time it was more a case of a lazy BC.

Unread 20 May 2011, 12:17   #15
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
The smaller you are the more incoming you have percentage wise. Wich means it's hard to keep roids.
I would have to disagree.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 13:41   #16
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
I'd have to agree, since most small alliances lack the foresight and strategic planning that DLR shows every round. You guys are an outlier Grog!

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 14:14   #17
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

ND did it to us this round so has TGV, Hit ODDR heavy gals several times in one week. Last two weeks all we saw was TGV hitting our gals. And then be surprised we set up a few of their gals to, on each occasion we waited 3 days in wich we saw 9 2 - 8 7 being set up every other day.

And yeah the lazy BC excuse is often used to, and hey man its just galraiding. But if you don't want it to happen to you, you don't BP with 4 people of your alliance.

That being said, there are other gals to raid then the 3 - 4 ODDR bp's we have each round. Granted its easier to hit those, then hit DLR or APP gals, cause the aftermath will be less to worry about.

and to be honest, if you repeat hit same gals, wich carry some of our top members, you can be sure as hell its an act of war you dillup. Its a war game, the flaming pm's shouldn't be getting you down, that is where all the fun is in PA, seeing another guy cry and whine about it all.
Kargool stop being a fag and man up.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 14:31   #18
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
ND did it to us this round so has TGV, Hit ODDR heavy gals several times in one week. Last two weeks all we saw was TGV hitting our gals. And then be surprised we set up a few of their gals to, on each occasion we waited 3 days in wich we saw 9 2 - 8 7 being set up every other day.

And yeah the lazy BC excuse is often used to, and hey man its just galraiding. But if you don't want it to happen to you, you don't BP with 4 people of your alliance.

That being said, there are other gals to raid then the 3 - 4 ODDR bp's we have each round. Granted its easier to hit those, then hit DLR or APP gals, cause the aftermath will be less to worry about.

and to be honest, if you repeat hit same gals, wich carry some of our top members, you can be sure as hell its an act of war you dillup. Its a war game, the flaming pm's shouldn't be getting you down, that is where all the fun is in PA, seeing another guy cry and whine about it all.
Kargool stop being a fag and man up.
The Joys of being HC is you can improve the defence culture in your alliance by implimenting changes to your current set up(after all if they dont land attacks easily they don't get targetted readily) and/or choose NAPs to where you can reduce your incs. Other possibility is change your attack setup to where if you do get attacked you can back up war declarations.

how many rounds have you had to sort this out?
Unread 20 May 2011, 14:34   #19
[DDK]gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Yup, its all down to either making friends or making yourselves feared.

CT is friendly with DLR but we I cocked that up in the past, constant waves for the entire round is a pest!! keeping this in mind, is it in our best interest to piss DLR off.. no!

Making sure you have a strong offense > *
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 20 May 2011, 14:58   #20
Firebird

Hmm i will disagree with you their attacking DLR was about the only thing that made this rnd of any interest to me personally

Gratz CT ftw
Unread 20 May 2011, 15:53   #21
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

<3 rexdrax

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 16:17   #22
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Just wanna say nice post by kargool I wish more alliances did this end of round be interested for feedback for people to decide also next round where they play

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 16:49   #23
zFerg

zFerg is an unknown quantity at this point

Firebird, those attacks on DLR certainly may have been interesting, but they were hell on my workday.
zFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 17:00   #24
raku

raku is an unknown quantity at this point

It was nice to meet and collaborate with you Kargool! Cheers!
raku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 17:06   #25
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
There is a reason why Hex is #2 in alliance points!!

Tbh our points went up sharply when when Oracle starting hitting us along with buddies from other alliances at the start. We managed to repel a lot of incs in a short space of time and i think actually managed to increase our alliance points by 25% in 1 day.

Grog is right about the incomming percentage to an extent - yes DLR are a small tag and had very few incs overall compared to other allainces but i would argue that DLR were also one of the most active alliances this round. There were multiple times when it was said to me in pm that the whole of DLR could be online within 1 tick. I doubt any of the top teir allainces could boast that.

Plus your strategy suited you. Ter BS with pegs in fort galaxies containing highly active players had 'CANT HIT US ' all over it. Not even Apprime could make a dent in you really even when you had your short lived war.

I personally still say your better as a BG in a big alliance rather than an alliance in your own right tho. I can imagine very few incs is extremely boring in a war game. Just my opinion tho....
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 17:20   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
This problem is a result of the declining player base. Top alliances want roids. If they attack other top alliances, they can expect retals, so they avoid them, especially at the beginning of the round and after the winner has been determined. Instead, they attack galaxies without top alliances in them.

Checking CT, ND, Apprime and TGV, I count 26 galaxies with 3 or more bumchums in them. Presumably those are mostly in the upper regions of the rankings, say, all in the top 60. What's left is 34 galaxies with mostly players in ODDR & similar alliances.

4 top alliances, 2 galaxies a day, that's 56 galaxies a week. It then comes as no surprise that your top galaxies have a lot of pressure on them. It's nothing personal, you're just easier targets.

Back In The Day, when there were tons of people in non-top alliances, they still received the same absolute number of incomings, but because there were so many planets to target, each got fewer incomings than the ones in r42. Of course, me being me, I have some graphs on that. You've seen them before, but I've updated them with the most recent information I could find (up to r40):

http://imageshack.us/m/691/561/55214621.png
Blue line is alliance limit, red line is number of alliances with 40 or more players, green line is average number of players in those alliances. The number of people per alliance has barely dropped, but the number of alliances has dropped more than 40%.

http://imageshack.us/m/829/1143/39693400.png
Green line is alliance limit on left axis, blue line is total number of players with a planet at the last tick of the round, red line is total number of players in alliances with 40 or more players. In case you're wondering, the three peaks at rounds 16, 22 and 27 are due to PA being free those rounds. In round 23, a new inactive deletion formula was introduced, which caused a drop of 500 non-alliance players in rounds 23-25 compared to rounds 19-21.

http://imageshack.us/m/829/5257/15279106.png
The dark blue line is alliance limit. The orange line is average number of players in the top 5 alliances. The green line is average number of players in the alliances in ranks 6-10. The purple line is same for 11-15. The light blue line is same for 16-20.

The fewer farms there are, the more intensely the remaining ones are targetted. Where the average number of planets in the top 5 been completely steady, at 69 per alliance, the average of ranks 5-10, 11-15, 16-20 has gone down from 66, 63, 43 to 50, 24, 7. Where there were 2.5 'farms' for every member of a top 5 alliance in round 14, there are now only 1.2. There you have your cause. This is why ODDR gets so many incomings now.
Unread 20 May 2011, 17:59   #27
leknu
Ensign

leknu is on a distinguished road

Oh, I can post!

Congrats CT, clear victory!

Must I end every sentence with exclamation?!

Apparently so!

HELP, I'm trapped in the basement!
Kargool locked us all in here at the moment we signed up!

I have no idea why I am here. My score is shiet... I did my best to get kicked out, but nooooo. I blame the sunspots, those damned sunspots! And if that's not enough, then its the gnomes! Smurfing gnomes!

Despite my fight with gnomes and sunspots I failed to sink TGV, did my best tho!

But alas it wasn't enough... Somehow they managed to rise in rankings higher than I imagined possible! - I forgot one exclamation on previous row, so here it is "!".

As most ppl realize by now, I'm officially the least qualified person to speak on behalf of TGV, but anyway:

NAAANANANANANANNANAAAAA!

PS. Heim, donar: you suck
Unread 20 May 2011, 18:37   #28
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by leknu View Post
Oh, I can post!

Congrats CT, clear victory!

Must I end every sentence with exclamation?!

Apparently so!

HELP, I'm trapped in the basement!
Kargool locked us all in here at the moment we signed up!

I have no idea why I am here. My score is shiet... I did my best to get kicked out, but nooooo. I blame the sunspots, those damned sunspots! And if that's not enough, then its the gnomes! Smurfing gnomes!

Despite my fight with gnomes and sunspots I failed to sink TGV, did my best tho!

But alas it wasn't enough... Somehow they managed to rise in rankings higher than I imagined possible! - I forgot one exclamation on previous row, so here it is "!".

As most ppl realize by now, I'm officially the least qualified person to speak on behalf of TGV, but anyway:

NAAANANANANANANNANAAAAA!

PS. Heim, donar: you suck
Since it's you after such a post i have to take this cereal
Unread 20 May 2011, 18:38   #29
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Apprime: carDi; I have great respect for your active band of members, and great respect for the massive BC potential both you and your bc's have, but if you actually want to discuss politics next round, try a pm now and then instead of talking to me twice in the round, maybe then you wont end up as TGV's enemy.
i think maybe because app never wanted to discuss politics with you and tgv kargool. thats obvious i hope

congrats CT, well deserved win. you managed to outplay your enemies for #1 and won this round fair and square. gj and respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 18:39   #30
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

ohh and congrats kargool and tgv for #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 19:40   #31
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Tbh our points went up sharply when when Oracle starting hitting us along with buddies from other alliances at the start. We managed to repel a lot of incs in a short space of time and i think actually managed to increase our alliance points by 25% in 1 day.
What buddies ? I can only think of 2 gal mates that joined any of our attacks but yeah it's all #oracles fault your ally points are so high

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 19:51   #32
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:

It's always the same with the political climate, it's the nature of PA. The smaller you are the more incoming you have percentage wise. Wich means it's hard to keep roids.
Do you ever stop crying? Apparently TGV and ND got all their roids from you and owe you their spot? How about this you suck your alliance sucks and you use the excuse of being bashed too much. I even told you ND wouldnt hit ODDR for the rest of the round in retaliation if you stopped hitting us with your stupid fail attacks. That night you hit an ND gal. So what do you tell me? Oh sorry the raid was already in place coudlnt stop it. OK all is forgiven ... but did you ever stop? no you joined in with all your app fan boys and kepts on with your lame story. Truth is people attack you because you suck at def and you get retalled for lame attacks. So when you get incs from a shit alliance retals are juicy.

Quit your crying. Every round its the same story and you act like two alliances now owe all their roids to roiding you ... your not that good you dont have enough roids to even support your lame accusation.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 19:57   #33
Firebird

Magic stop being such a retard App hasnt attacked with any other ally for over 2 weeks.
Unread 20 May 2011, 20:15   #34
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzlic View Post
This is just hilarious, you cleared space for them?? You couldn't even take semi inactive alliance such as xVx alone this round. Come to think of it, you did nothing this whole round, except of launching attacks where told. So please stop being hypocritical, everyone is aware of how 'good' your alliance is...

Congratulations on a solid play TGV, hope you do even better next round!
this may be the case in your little fantasy world, but there is one problem with your theory, the only people planning CT's attacks, strategy and the like, were in CT's HC channel.
Unread 20 May 2011, 20:32   #35
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
What buddies ? I can only think of 2 gal mates that joined any of our attacks but yeah it's all #oracles fault your ally points are so high
Im not gonna start a war of words cos its pointless..

But i had to get 2 alliances (TGV and xVx) to stop there members from attacking with you, so yes you had buddies from other alliances.

I beleive mikee and Alki even got kicked from TGv for presisting (thats what i heard dont know how much truth) and Vistion got told to stop by xVx

Only sad thing of the round really for me tbh... that Valle saw fit to to start his little war on HeX whilst sitting in the safety of his big galaxy - i doubt he would have done the same if he had been in a lesser galaxy - but who knows eh....
Unread 20 May 2011, 20:57   #36
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
I beleive mikee and Alki even got kicked from TGv for presisting (thats what i heard dont know how much truth) and Vistion got told to stop by xVx
I can attest to the mikee and alki` part... had a lot of fun roiding mikee after that too!

Unread 20 May 2011, 21:25   #37
YINKAN

YINKAN is an unknown quantity at this point

As a member of ROCK before most of my alliance went inactive, you guys really put the hurt on this round. I remember logging in @ 2 in the morning (American) and seeing yall send 200k bs wave incs while getting 0 from ally d was just straight up demoralizing. Well played sirs.
YINKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 21:37   #38
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
Do you ever stop crying? Apparently TGV and ND got all their roids from you and owe you their spot? How about this you suck your alliance sucks and you use the excuse of being bashed too much. I even told you ND wouldnt hit ODDR for the rest of the round in retaliation if you stopped hitting us with your stupid fail attacks. That night you hit an ND gal. So what do you tell me? Oh sorry the raid was already in place coudlnt stop it. OK all is forgiven ... but did you ever stop? no you joined in with all your app fan boys and kepts on with your lame story. Truth is people attack you because you suck at def and you get retalled for lame attacks. So when you get incs from a shit alliance retals are juicy.

Quit your crying. Every round its the same story and you act like two alliances now owe all their roids to roiding you ... your not that good you dont have enough roids to even support your lame accusation.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ManiacMagic again.
Unread 20 May 2011, 22:42   #39
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by YINKAN View Post
As a member of ROCK before most of my alliance went inactive, you guys really put the hurt on this round. I remember logging in @ 2 in the morning (American) and seeing yall send 200k bs wave incs while getting 0 from ally d was just straight up demoralizing. Well played sirs.
Thank you for those kind words. I do belive us and ROCK did have a bit of a fight this round, and we managed to come out on top. I do think that your own HC has to take a lot of the blame for that, by standing entierly by whatever CT wanted and you never had any real politics of your own.

It must have been slightly frustrating.
Unread 20 May 2011, 23:31   #40
[DDK]gm

CT never dictated politics to rock but they were loyal and good allies so I thank them.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 21 May 2011, 06:19   #41
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
The Joys of being HC is you can improve the defence culture in your alliance by implimenting changes to your current set up(after all if they dont land attacks easily they don't get targetted readily) and/or choose NAPs to where you can reduce your incs. Other possibility is change your attack setup to where if you do get attacked you can back up war declarations.

how many rounds have you had to sort this out?

naps: were friendly with app, check
implimenting changes also means a playercore that wants change.
And the people that are in ODDR now, pretty much like the way it is otherwise they would have left
long time ago.
when have you hc'd an alliance that lasted several rounds?

For anything else i'd like to refer you to excellent post MZ made, and is all i was trying to say,
but he went more elaborate on it then i ever would have felt like going

Finally retired
Unread 21 May 2011, 06:30   #42
HeimdallR

Quote:

1. when it comes to fail attacks, everyone knows ND is the crashking.
2. who are you? if i want to speak to ND i'll go through other channels then the retard one.
3. APP has always been good to us ? why betray an alliance that is a constant top 3 alliance, doesn't hit us, and helps out whenever we ask.
4. Again i refer you to MZ's post

Finally retired
Unread 21 May 2011, 09:49   #43
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
HR: Thanks for a wonderful round with true allies. Williams of NewDawn said to me that he would never be able to tell his members to recall from ingal when we were attacking, saying that no ally was going to be able to do that. You guys proved exactly the opposite, with lower score and less experienced members, you did what ND said was impossible, well done, and I will always keep sending new recruits your way.

It was a pleasure. sorry about the ingal defence incidents, people dont allways check before they launch, our word is our bond and in a way Williams is right, to simply order a player to recall rarely works, allways treating your members with respect and making a polite request with good reasoning behind it and a reminder of your alliances rules on being allied and not being afraid to stick to those rules even if it costs you the member does.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2011, 11:25   #44
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
naps: were friendly with app, check
Quote:
no you joined in with all your app fan boys and kepts on with your lame story.
I don't doubt your credentals there.

Quote:
implimenting changes also means a playercore that wants change.
And the people that are in ODDR now, pretty much like the way it is otherwise they would have left
long time ago.
I wonder how your alliance meetings go?
Right guys .... Do you like being roided because we're an easy target or would you like us to raise our game so we don't get roided as easily?

Nah we can't be arsed.
I like my sleep.
The DCs crashed my fleet last night.

If you like the status quo why did you post this?
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...3&postcount=17

/me is

Quote:
when have you hc'd an alliance that lasted several rounds?
http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/index.php/Subh
I've been restless ever since.

[/quote]
Unread 21 May 2011, 12:18   #45
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
1. when it comes to fail attacks, everyone knows ND is the crashking.
2. who are you? if i want to speak to ND i'll go through other channels then the retard one.
3. APP has always been good to us ? why betray an alliance that is a constant top 3 alliance, doesn't hit us, and helps out whenever we ask.
4. Again i refer you to MZ's post

1. can't deny that after past two weeks
2. that is cute coming from ODDR i am real concerned that you think I am a retard, I enjoy the personal touch that had to it.
3. no one said anything about betraying them, just you being fan boys who can't think for your self and resort to complaining / whining EVERY round that you are being farmed. it gets old, get over yourself.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2011, 18:20   #46
HeimdallR

Quote:
3. no one said anything about betraying them, just you being fan boys who can't think for your self and resort to complaining / whining EVERY round that you are being farmed. it gets old, get over yourself.
Unlike the "ODDR is app fan club" Statement.

I just love to see ND use that excuse to hide behind their own incompetence.

Finally retired
Unread 22 May 2011, 11:23   #47
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Only thing i noticed in a round of being napped with ODDR and Apprime even tho ODDR persisted not to be helping Apprime was that i would have Apprime come and ask if i wanted to join an attack on someone and i would decline then i would have ODDR pm me an hour later asking to joint attack on a 'random gal' conviently heavy with ppl that Apprime were looking to attack... just an observation....
Unread 22 May 2011, 17:28   #48
Donar

Quote:
Only thing i noticed in a round of being napped with ODDR and Apprime even tho ODDR persisted not to be helping Apprime was that i would have Apprime come and ask if i wanted to join an attack on someone and i would decline then i would have ODDR pm me an hour later asking to joint attack on a 'random gal' conviently heavy with ppl that Apprime were looking to attack... just an observation....
it's called coincedence
Unread 22 May 2011, 17:33   #49
Donar

Quote:

wow, must have really hurt you there, i don't think i have said nd has their roids thanks to us. most rounds your average size is even lower then oddr lol. but keep believing your shit story. i didn't even mention nd because this is about tgv. you must really have taken this personal.
Unread 22 May 2011, 17:44   #50
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
it's called coincedence
Once maybe.. the 3-4 times it happened in this round alone... i think not