User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 23:45   #1
fizzyxl
SiN

fizzyxl is an unknown quantity at this point
Check box in Missions

ok, now really stupid... but i almost wish it was just an hounest mistake.

Basically due to a bloody animal i own... being a Cat... such a dumb creature.. will face wrath of no tin opener for a week

ok, so my cat jumped up at me whilst im at the pc... big deal? YES the evil being landed on my hand and caused the left button to become depressed. Now my fleet is recalled and returning to a lovely 15k attacking fleet.... wonderful. So destroyed roiders aside, i hope he recalls or it will be messy, I think that this could have been avoided.

a simple check box next to "launch / recall / cancel" would save these such events from occuring again

I think it is simple yet beautiful.....

now im off to Kick the damn feline. (im joking, dont sue)
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 01:38   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Check box in Missions

Paging RSPCA to thread #181296.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 01:56   #3
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

I have suggested this many rounds ago, it is such an easy (and imo necessary) feature to implement it disgusts me that they haven't done so.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 02:31   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

one would imagine it's not been done for the annoyance that having to check the box would provide

some form of preferences setting type thing would seem cool tho

-mist
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 02:32   #5
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

I think the annoyance is greatly outweighed by the annoyance of having something happen to accidentally recall an attack / defence fleet and not be able to undo it.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 12:16   #6
BasiltheCat
A right royal pain in ...

BasiltheCat is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, I have accidently recalled the wrong fleet and denied myself some lovely roids. Cmn PA team
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 12:46   #7
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

But what about the rest of us who do NOT want the annoyance of a checkbox.

Should we put up with it due to the stupidity of the few?

A setting in preferences would idd solve this though.
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 20:53   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

So do people really want this?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 21:18   #9
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Discuss] Check box in Missions

I would be against this 100% on reflection.

There seems to be a huge influenec around that wants to make the game more automated.

IMO, human mistakes are a valid adition to the game. All those conversations with mates on irc, after someone has done something stupid, getting to laugh at em non-stop etc etc.

Its what the game is about.
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 21:45   #10
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd hate this personally. I've pulled the wrong fleet now and then, but I also hate these checkboxes. Plz don't make it look like MicroSof owns Jolt.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 21:53   #11
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: [Discuss] Check box in Missions

Checkboxes, enabled/disabled via preferences, would seem to give everyone what they want.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 09:44   #12
Hellcat

Hellcat is an unknown quantity at this point

How about 1 tick box in the preferences - If ticked. all other confirmation boxes are ticked by default. If not. they they will require ticking before an action is confirmed.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 11:20   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Its ok as long as there is a choice in prefferences then you can do a quick % check see how many ppl use it for the round after the one you tested it in

Would hate it in a speedgame though would do me head in asking me all the time

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 16:57   #14
Forest

It still make sthe game more automated. I maintain my argument that mistakes help the game along
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:21   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think that anyone who's played planetarion for any length of time can relate to making mistakes - pulling an attack fleet through on roids... recalling a fleet defending a HC instead of a probe fleet... whatever.
I'd actually like to see Missions modified more than some tick box.
An idea INSTEAD of the tick box (won't be popular with defence-orentiated people):
you can modify some sort of continue/recall box on each fleet. When the tick comes, it either ticks onwards to it's target, or back towards home.
It'd reduce accidental mistakes, except in things like speed games and those last minute fleet pulling things, but it would cut down on accidentally pulling somewhere in the tick, as you could just reset the fleet back to attack (some drop down box or toggle option or something) and change the relevant fleet to recall.

I also think that either there should only be one "launch" button on the missions screen, or that the launch button launches all fleets with co-ords entered etc, but that's different (one launch button would mean having to move the mouse instead of just tabbing etc)
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 19:12   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=181656

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread