User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 25 Jan 2016, 00:05   #51
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough
Re: R65 Ship Stats proposals

No, but this round there is genuine strategy flexibility. There are short term strategies and long term ones. Most alliances seem to have ignored this...so are moaning.

You can make each strat work with the right race distribution. I welcome unconventional stats like this over boring ones put forward or ones from previous rounds because at least there's something for everyone. These are a lot more "old school" if you like.

Only short sighted morons dont see this.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2016, 19:54   #52
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

These stats were better in round 61 honestly, the changes to them seem rushed, out of place and very questionable. While there are multiple strategies available, there is a big imbalance between them.

Both the Phantom and Clipper changes, making them prefire on Co and Cr respectively, are at the top of the list of bad changes. Prefire should only be when firing down (Clipper r61 for example) and the fact that you need to covert op pods in another race to make those two classes work is not a good way of doing things.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 00:58   #53
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Honestly I am more annoyed with the eff's, they made this round not fun, the fact that you have a handful of ships with under 300 D/C while keeping A/C basically the same as its always been. While having a few select ships that have decently high D/C makes this set stupid.

Also to Echo was Pat was saying having lower eta ships pre-firing makes the that class significantly weaker, while still not allowing the other class attack. I also have a problem because jintoa and I talked before the stats were final about the thought of cov ops for attack fleets and he told me that he looked into the that and nerfed all of the "possible" outcomes so that it was less appealing except i see a handful of caths with co pods, xan's with fi pods and etd's with cr or bs pods. All of which are good covop attack classes.

All of this and i havent even brought up Zik and how you butchered the race with these AWFUL effs. I can't wait for this bloody round to be over so we can go back to normal stats.
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 08:01   #54
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
All of this and i havent even brought up Zik and how you butchered the race with these AWFUL effs. I can't wait for this bloody round to be over so we can go back to normal stats.
You mean the "normal" stats of yours that are so f'ing boring. Seriously, jog on.

Oh, and 4 ziks in the top 14 doesn't suggest the race is unplayable. In fact, that's more than recent memory from any round. You probably picked the wrong start as an ally or an individual, which isn't a shock judging by your past attempts at making stats.

Regarding the effs, these are far better than you, the stat makers, that have been making Xan more optimal round on round because you don't understand cloak, while reducing effs of other races in comparison.
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 09:13   #55
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Its pt450 there's no reason to look at top planets. 10 of those planets wont be anywhere near the top planet come pt1177. This set of stats is designed to allow nub bashing and that's about it. Its a known fact Krypton that you hate Value play, which is fine however this set of stats only benifits attacking people you know wont get def, since every fleet except cath has super easy covers and this round, which everyone says is very offensive is actually very defensive.
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 09:18   #56
Tiamat101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Oh, and 4 ziks in the top 14 doesn't suggest the race is unplayable. In fact, that's more than recent memory from any round. You probably picked the wrong start as an ally or an individual, which isn't a shock judging by your past attempts at making stats..

In fact the top 10% of planets there are 13 ziks, of which the stats have 17% zik's, so I'd say that its well within the margin.
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 11:34   #57
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You mean the "normal" stats of yours that are so f'ing boring. Seriously, jog on.

Oh, and 4 ziks in the top 14 doesn't suggest the race is unplayable. In fact, that's more than recent memory from any round. You probably picked the wrong start as an ally or an individual, which isn't a shock judging by your past attempts at making stats.

Regarding the effs, these are far better than you, the stat makers, that have been making Xan more optimal round on round because you don't understand cloak, while reducing effs of other races in comparison.
So angry. Relax, have a waffle.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 12:56   #58
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Its pt450 there's no reason to look at top planets. 10 of those planets wont be anywhere near the top planet come pt1177. This set of stats is designed to allow nub bashing and that's about it. Its a known fact Krypton that you hate Value play, which is fine however this set of stats only benifits attacking people you know wont get def, since every fleet except cath has super easy covers and this round, which everyone says is very offensive is actually very defensive.
Wow, clearly you know nothing about me. Every round I play for value. Unless I have very little time. I just believe there should be multiple viable strategies. Not sending everyone down the same path which is your forte.
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 12:56   #59
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzyxptlk View Post
so angry. Relax, have a waffle.
:d
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 15:12   #60
Krypton
KK

Quote:
however this set of stats only benifits attacking people you know wont get def, since every fleet except cath has super easy covers and this round, which everyone says is very offensive is actually very defensive.
Also regarding this part of your statement, every round it's a benefit to attack people you know won't get defence!

It's actually possible to land every race quite easily solo this round bar Zik, which is nothing new.

When the alliance deals and fort avoidances begin to expire we will be able to truly judge these stats - not now.
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 19:59   #61
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
In fact the top 10% of planets there are 13 ziks, of which the stats have 17% zik's, so I'd say that its well within the margin.
You can't really use absolute numbers and percentages interchangeably like that, Tia. Zik is actually represented at the top slightly above average: 16.7% of all planets are Zik, 24% of the top 50 are Zik and 20% of top 100.

Zik is doing alright because both the ships that have good efficiencies are the most important ones: Ravagers for offense and Clipper for defense. The Clipper actually has the highest D/C and highest A/C+D/C combined of all ships.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2016, 09:33   #62
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Zik seem to be doing fine. Numbers in posts above me, but just want to add that Ultores has 1 Zikonian and we make out a decent portion of T100, so take this into account when you are doing your calculations.
Unread 28 Jan 2016, 10:13   #63
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That's not how this works. You say the majority of the community dislike these stats. The burden of proof is on you. Lacking that proof, I don't believe you know that for sure. I believe you say that to give weight to your posts without having to bother to provide evidence or an argument to back up your claim. This is not a popularity contest. If you think the stats are bad, tell us why. Lacking that, your comments are worthless.
Based on my own experince in RainbowS, and the discussion with various other HCs prior to tick start, yes, most of the community in question DISLIKED the stats.
Everyone who joined #beta after that also seemed to dislike them.
Now how am i gonna prove this? Should we need ot put up a poll everytime you ask stupid questions?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2016, 10:14   #64
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
In your defence i have not landed a single attack this round.
Maybe im just in a alliance atm wich attacks a target they cant land all the time, but if the stats were infact offensive i would expected to atleast have a land 1 out 20 times.

Unread 28 Jan 2016, 10:24   #65
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

The stats aren't the best set we ever played. But they are offensive in a way that you can actually land on some def, and repay the losses with the roids you gain. Damage done is so low, and hence this is possible. (I've landed attacks this round, which in a normal round, with normal D/C I wouldn't have).
Unread 28 Jan 2016, 13:34   #66
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Based on my own experince in RainbowS, and the discussion with various other HCs prior to tick start, yes, most of the community in question DISLIKED the stats.
Now how am i gonna prove this? Should we need ot put up a poll everytime you ask stupid questions?
No HCs talk to you
Unread 28 Jan 2016, 13:55   #67
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If you're upset someone calls you out every time you back up your point with bad arguments, then you're going to (continue to) have a bad time. Your constant appeals to popularity are not credible, but that is not the central problem. The central problem is the appeal to popularity. "Most people believe X, so X is true" is bad reasoning. If you think the stats are bad, then tell us what is bad about them, not who agrees with you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 28 Jan 2016, 15:05   #68
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Thinking about these stats aren't so bad. My only concern is that CO is so dependent on covoping pods.

But I wonder what would happen if we had D/Cs nerfed in a average "crap" set of stats from previous rounds. I consider it was a good idea to make round more ofensive.
Unread 28 Jan 2016, 16:14   #69
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
If you're upset someone calls you out every time you back up your point with bad arguments, then you're going to (continue to) have a bad time. Your constant appeals to popularity are not credible, but that is not the central problem. The central problem is the appeal to popularity. "Most people believe X, so X is true" is bad reasoning. If you think the stats are bad, then tell us what is bad about them, not who agrees with you.
[15:43] <player1> well sh*t stats

[11:11] <player2> No someone, the stats are cr*p

[13:10] <player3> As said. Who ever made these stats ****ed the up

[19:55] <player4> there is no makeup on this word that can fix stats:/

[23:08] <player5> everytime i look at these stats i just hete em more for everytime

[00:37] <player6> sticking us with sh*tty stats round after round shows how little they actually care

[23:31] <player7> And has anybody been kicked in the d*ck over these stats

[21:08] <player8> well regardless of sh*t stats we need to pick a strat and stay the course

[20:34] <player9> the stats are a mess tbh

[10:29] <player10> stats still s*ck

[23:11] <player11> I hereby review these stats and find them to be worse than the sh*t in cheap Christmas crackers

[06:59] <player12> would be funny if ppl just refused to play with these stats until theyre adjusted

[23:46] <player13> how look actual stats
[23:46] <player13> gimmie link
[23:47] <someone> http://game.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=524425720254
[23:47] <someone> Yiu not gonna like
[23:51] <someone2> Don't look, player13 ......................... you'll blow a fuse
[23:53] <someone> And the Steal ships die
[23:54] <player13> they still s*ck

06[20:56] * someone slaps B-Butch3r around a bit with a large trout
[20:56] <someone> you have perverted the stats ............... I blame you for the stats being anti-Zik
01[20:56] <@B-Butch3r> zik is fine i suppose
01[20:57] <@B-Butch3r> Wont be many of em around, but those that are zik will be usefull ofc
[20:57] <player14> yeah cant believe Butcher made these stats
01[20:57] <@B-Butch3r> Never set a penguin to do stats
01[20:57] <@B-Butch3r> I didnt make the stats

[13:50] <player15> Lol
[13:50] <player15> everyone calling stats retarded

----------

this are just a few of the comments ive seen on IRC this round, and i actualy cba to go look through all the millions of lines of logs in my drive atm, but this is what ive heard.
Maybe all the people who kept saying these stats are not bad hang out in other channels than i do(who can blame em eh).
Maybe you can prove me wrong with providing evidence that there is a big group of players who has a diffrent opinion than what ive gathered so far?

Unread 28 Jan 2016, 17:57   #70
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

[23:08] <player5> everytime i look at these stats i just hete em more for everytime

[00:37] <player6> sticking us with sh*tty stats round after round shows how little they actually care

[21:08] <player8> well regardless of sh*t stats we need to pick a strat and stay the course

[23:11] <player11> I hereby review these stats and find them to be worse than the sh*t in cheap Christmas crackers

[06:59] <player12> would be funny if ppl just refused to play with these stats until theyre adjusted

[23:51] <someone2> Don't look, player13 ......................... you'll blow a fuse

[20:56] <someone> you have perverted the stats ............... I blame you for the stats being anti-Zik
01[20:57] <@B-Butch3r> Wont be many of em around, but those that are zik will be usefull ofc

----------

this are just a few of the comments ive seen on IRC this round, and i actualy cba to go look through all the millions of lines of logs in my drive atm, but this is what ive heard.
Maybe all the people who kept saying these stats are not bad hang out in other channels than i do(who can blame em eh).
Maybe you can prove me wrong with providing evidence that there is a big group of players who has a diffrent opinion than what ive gathered so far?
Funny how all playerx and someonex, have as shitty spelling as you do
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2016, 18:05   #71
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Maybe its a infectious syndrom that spreads through air and IRC channels.

Unread 28 Jan 2016, 23:07   #72
darkzidane
Trollbear

darkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
was gonna say logs of butch3r talking to himself don't really count for anything...

OT - yeah I thought these stats looked crap at first but as the round progresses im actually enjoying them!

people moan round after round that stats are crap/the same and want some changes. well we got something different in weird ass inits ect... and once again people are still moaning. yes some ships are more OP then others but name a round where that hasn't happened no matter how many changes got made pre round.

basically people should either put up or shut up, don't like stats then propose something that isn't completely retarded for a set, make a wild suggestion like paisley did on trying out not having stealers die. people want to get out of the stats rut, only players can do that with crazy ideas
R64 -67 Ultores
R68 tagless
darkzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2016, 23:54   #73
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

everyone plays the same stats, complaining probably means they aint happy with their choice, be that of them or their ally doesn't make it PA's fault or stat makers fault it makes it your own dumb fault.

pointing out that the people you speak to on irc all seem to have this issue only reiiterates the fact you're a moron and so are your pals

so good fkn day sir

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2016, 00:01   #74
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

I don't understand the moaning about stats. We're all using the same ones. Don't like a race? Pick a different one. We're all in the same boat, and frankly, even given perfect stats, nubs would still crash into my def ships like nubs.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2016, 05:58   #75
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be frank ... no one likes having their attack fleets get defence that fires before their fleet does (non emp) and players hate losing value.

these arent a good set for this.

attack with co and what do you know there is xan fi def
attack with frig and there is sylph def
attack with cr and there is clipper def

I think these stats arent that great but are better than key previous round.

statmakers ..... get the finger out before the playerbase gets bored.
Unread 29 Jan 2016, 10:27   #76
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkzidane View Post
was gonna say logs of butch3r talking to himself don't really count for anything...

OT - yeah I thought these stats looked crap at first but as the round progresses im actually enjoying them!

people moan round after round that stats are crap/the same and want some changes. well we got something different in weird ass inits ect... and once again people are still moaning. yes some ships are more OP then others but name a round where that hasn't happened no matter how many changes got made pre round.

basically people should either put up or shut up, don't like stats then propose something that isn't completely retarded for a set, make a wild suggestion like paisley did on trying out not having stealers die. people want to get out of the stats rut, only players can do that with crazy ideas
Only two people i have seen hate them. Tia and BB. Both shouldn't be allowed near stats ever again.
Unread 29 Jan 2016, 10:28   #77
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I'll be frank ... no one likes having their attack fleets get defence that fires before their fleet does (non emp) and players hate losing value.

You can get around all of these combos though which is why i think they are a lot better than what we have had.
Unread 29 Jan 2016, 10:51   #78
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Only two people i have seen hate them. Tia and BB. Both shouldn't be allowed near stats ever again.
Oh, i dont hate em, i just dont like them from a subjective view. Ive said lets see how they play out before judging how succsefull they were

Unread 29 Jan 2016, 11:51   #79
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You can get around all of these combos though which is why i think they are a lot better than what we have had.
I have seen alot of erm "custom" fleets around and have to question how the pods where aquired.
Unread 29 Jan 2016, 11:55   #80
Krypton
KK

That is one potential way, yes.
Unread 29 Jan 2016, 13:52   #81
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post

The worst is when one of these is cloak and on the attackers side there is not even a EMP ship to try to balance.

Sylph is not a problem for two reasons because they are hard to fake, so usually one will only have one fleet available, and they are always at the risk of dying to fake fi.

Clippers are an annoyance between sylphs and phantoms.

If there wasn't a problem to nerf D/Cs, I would prefer to have a EMP Co to fire FI with an eff of 100% or even below than to have to rely on covoping to make CO a viable strategy.
Unread 31 Jan 2016, 18:29   #82
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ziks would seem to be playable despite this. p3n has 5 ter, 11 cat (scanners and def planets), 2 etd, 13 zik, and 23 xan. Our top 10 on score in ally are 3 xans 7 ziks!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2016, 19:03   #83
Tiamat101

Only because of clipper, which is a defense ship. Which ill admit is a good ship however outside of the de/cr classes(which most people are using) zik are awful. Ravager isn't the worst as a def ship but zik have horrible attacks co is covered with phantoms and fr is covered with sylph or judge if you solo. It was said before that the best combos are ones made with cov op pods. Co attack class only works if you use beetles alongside ter/zik. FR is a def only class as it has no answer to sylph and since viper got the big Co nerf you cant even use vipers to help the fr team. Zik BS is useable but there arent enough caths going bs yet for it to be viable. And zik Cr is awful. So over all zik is a hard target to hit if you are using de or Cr otherwise zik is just another easy target that can get rock-paper-scissors def and win.
Unread 31 Jan 2016, 20:30   #84
fortran

Quote:
Only because of clipper, which is a defense ship. Which ill admit is a good ship however outside of the de/cr classes(which most people are using) zik are awful. Ravager isn't the worst as a def ship but zik have horrible attacks co is covered with phantoms and fr is covered with sylph or judge if you solo. It was said before that the best combos are ones made with cov op pods. Co attack class only works if you use beetles alongside ter/zik. FR is a def only class as it has no answer to sylph and since viper got the big Co nerf you cant even use vipers to help the fr team. Zik BS is useable but there arent enough caths going bs yet for it to be viable. And zik Cr is awful. So over all zik is a hard target to hit if you are using de or Cr otherwise zik is just another easy target that can get rock-paper-scissors def and win.
Imo FR is ok as atking class. It is covered by sylph, but hulls 1 def is hardly fakeable, so each terran can cover one inc usually. Furthermore, sylph is fragily against cutlass and phantom, so the defense either cover for FI (which this round is not that easy task) or will risk losing sylphs.
Co on the other hand cant land Phantom defense. And each xan can stop 3 incs alone. Furthermore, CO can't be faked easily. Unbalanced.
Unread 1 Feb 2016, 00:12   #85
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
FR is a def only class as it has no answer to sylph and since viper got the big Co nerf you cant even use vipers to help the fr team.
You are aware that p3n is playing a fr strat and so far making a reasonable fist of it? Sure it has its disadvantages but it is not yet proving to be a disaster. I certainly remember p3n having made worse choices in the past!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 1 Feb 2016, 02:19   #86
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BowS was also opting for a FR heavy strat.
Maybe its not that good looking for attack, but the large number of ETDs in the univers surely is making them a lot better.

Unread 1 Feb 2016, 06:18   #87
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
BowS was also opting for a FR heavy strat.
Maybe its not that good looking for attack, but the large number of ETDs in the univers surely is making them a lot better.
Why?!?
Why is a large number of ETD making FR better?
They have one of the best anti FR ships, if not the best.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2016, 09:06   #88
Tiamat101

From my experience p3n is using Xan Cr equally with zik/xan fr.
Unread 1 Feb 2016, 09:29   #89
Krypton
KK

You shouldn't trust your experience.
Unread 1 Feb 2016, 10:55   #90
fortran

Quote:
Why?!?
Zik and Xan have the best anti-DE. Xan has the best anti-Fi.
Unread 1 Feb 2016, 16:37   #91
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Why?!?
Wich one? 0_o

Unread 1 Feb 2016, 19:32   #92
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
From my experience p3n is using Xan Cr equally with zik/xan fr.

Lol
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2016, 08:36   #93
Krypton
KK

Unread 4 Feb 2016, 07:17   #94
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:

----------

These original names look like a bunch of multis you are hanging out with.... YOU MUST BE A CHEATER
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2016, 03:03   #95
fortran

What about using same stats next round with some modifications?
Unread 11 Feb 2016, 12:10   #96
booji
a bucket

You dont want some variety? Considering these are modified from a set only a couple of rounds ago im getting bored with them

I see the benefit of rerunning stats but would prefer it were not back to back.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 12 Feb 2016, 09:40   #97
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
What about using same stats next round with some modifications?
I do like the sound of doing stats to run for two-three rounds at a time, but im not sure wether this is the right set to start with.

Unread 12 Feb 2016, 20:19   #98
booji
a bucket

Quote:
I do like the sound of doing stats to run for two-three rounds at a time, but im not sure wether this is the right set to start with.
My inclination if wanting to rerun sets would be to have two (or three or whatever) and go turn about. Have one stats set and run for multiple times back to back would not be good for the game. Yes I agree that it means the set can be slowly refined and made better and better but simply there are bound to be some people who don't like that set and run it multiple times in a row and they may simply give up. The game cant afford to be losing players for such a reason. This would also give longer for a fine tuning process on each set as the stats ppl would have a whole round to work out what might be best changed.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 13 Feb 2016, 09:56   #99
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Both options sound fine to me. The stats contribute very little to keeping PA 'fresh' these days. We're running out of interesting things to do with them, and thus they stay very samey from round to round.
Unread 14 Feb 2016, 11:54   #100
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Really? I find that this "obsession" with changing stats each round is leading to weirder and weirder sets. Certainly, it would be extremely difficult to guess what each ship does (or even was) from one round to the next without a careful study of the stats.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote