User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Oct 2007, 18:36   #51
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Noctu is on a distinguished road
Re: The portal (again)

Hmh. I wonder what I have sitting on my hard drive...
Noctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 05:00   #52
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

omg spinner i'd love to see you in charge again!!
i'm sure most of the community would too.
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 12:40   #53
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
Laying down fire on PaTeam is a bit counter-productive in this matter I fear, as they have little real control over the resources. They are volunteer helpers, who try to do the best they can under impossible circumstances.
Up to a certain degree this is untrue. There have been several people who have been in PA Team long enough in order to set up a practical and functional new portal or at the very least maintain the system they currently had running.

I'm talking about such small things as having the portal speak of Round x-1 all the way through Round x, which is literally no more than two minutes of work to change. Not to mention that dropping the idea of setting up a new dedicated portal system which is "going to be really great this time around" only to have it fail when whomever was working on it disappears after a few months, in favour of using a premade CMS which offered the actual required content in an easy to reach and logical place, really ought to have been made by now.

Having said all that, there seems to be little to no long-term vision or goals anywhere withing Planetarion, and there is a really noticeable lack of creativity, both on a graphical and content designer's level. That is something you can't really blame a group of volunteers for, indeed.

Also, I mostly typed all of this out since for personal reasons I needed the dancing smiley, but it appears to be gone
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 14:12   #54
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

For me Planetarion mostly seems like a "additional" income block for Jolt at the moment, and Jolt seems to be unwilling to give the game some decent and desperately needed shakeup in order to survive. In my eyes it seems like Jolt is openly just thinking that whatever we do, there will always be some suckers that will keep paying for a shitty product, and accept whatever crap we put forward.

In the end it is us, the customer and the player of this game who needs to let Jolt know that we are not happy with what is going on at the moment, and that we as a customer base is fed up with the constant delays, cock ups and screw ups.

Please, Jolt, listen to the people who has been playing this game and who actually has some bond to the game and see it as more than a way of earning money, and actually give the paying customers the service and the quality they deserve.
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 16:40   #55
Phil M

Phil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Up to a certain degree this is untrue. There have been several people who have been in PA Team long enough in order to set up a practical and functional new portal or at the very least maintain the system they currently had running.
If we look at the sigs of some of the PA Team, Kal has been in PA Team since round 11 (but skipped a round) and I'd guess Appocomaster has been part of it since round 13-14. So two major people within Planetarion have been here for over 10 rounds.

We can blame Jolt for a lot of failures in Planetarion, they don't care and just sit back and let PA Team run things how they like. Who runs the game? PA Team. Who does the work on the game? PA Team. Who is responsible for the future of the game? PA Team. Who is supposed to recruit extra staff when they need to improve stuff? PA Team!

There are people who could help the game but can't because PA Team is in control so they get to choose the entire future of the game. There are also people who want to help the game but can't. Some of the people in PA Team are so deluded that nobody else wants to help run the game that Planetarion would die without them.

I'd say the fact that you haven't done a successful portal suggests that new people in PA Team are needed.

Can't you let some new blood in?
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2007, 00:22   #56
galla

galla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Spinner,

You don't know me but I am long in the tooth enough to remember the good old days. I also see the great job you and your team have done with Managerleague. SAVE THE GAME PLEASE!!! I am one of the sad b******s who have played since rd2 and it is a damn shame that the game has been run down to the state it is now. We don't need a huge investment of cash, all that is needed is an injection of enthusiasm and dedication to the game. You are right, the admins do a great job with minimal resources however I believe they would have a much better chance of promoting the game with a little backing from the owners. Call me optimistic but you seem to be able to put your finger on the factors that motivate people to join a gaming community, bring back that golden touch to PA and prove to the people at Jolt that you didn't sell them a turkey, they made it one.
galla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2007, 09:59   #57
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hear hear.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2007, 10:39   #58
Usul

Usul is an unknown quantity at this point

/concur
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2007, 15:42   #59
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
The portal doesn't need to be full of bells and whistles, you don't need votes, you don't articles, you don't need personal blogs ect ect. What it does need is information that builds up a world, provides information on the product, shows activity by the admins and looks professional. If either PATeam would stop trying to please the community or the community just stopped demanding the same old portal features that its shown over and over again they wont use and contribute to when they get it perhaps we would get a portal that was useful for the game and such a portal which consisted off something like

- News
- Features
- Dev Blog
- FAQ
- Manual (Maybe move New player guide out of manual and onto portal)

With a good look this would provide plenty of information on the game and would be appealing to potential players and wouldn't be a major time drain to maintain. Dev blog would probally require the most but would be the most important part. All leaders of the various areas of PA would be required to post required about what they are doing showing everyone what work was being done
You do need some content on there however to actually attract the user - the biggest thing I've found to work is a changing image right at in the middle - http://tim.igoe.me.uk/files/Planetarion.png - Where I've shown the 'Have you signed up yet?' graphic. I agree a basic portal doesn't neccesarily need to have masses on it, but on the other hand a good portal that keeps users coming back needs to link various things together. Like i tried to do with the initial passport in round 10, by bringing statistics data into the system.

But thats a seperation between the portal and a passport system - a basic portal should be just that, but importantly linking various areas of the game together, the game, the speedgame, the forums and IRC - at the moment I feel very much that the community on teh forums and the community on IRC are 2 seperate entities, I know some use both but some only use one - they have 2 seperate feels to them which they probably shouldn't - being part of the same game.

For a dev blog to work, there needs to be a good dev team that consistantly post new stuff, not like the current (lacking) news.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2007, 15:45   #60
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
As a full-time developer, I know how easy it would be to build a portal for Planetarion.
That said, I also know how hard it must be if you can't have the same person working on it for more than a short time, before he / she is replaced by someone new who builds things from scratch shortly afterwards. I belive I was told PA would get at least a 50% dedicated developer from Jolt after I left, and such a person could whoop up a portal in "no-time", without having to strart from scratch every 3 weeks.
But people have come forwards to do this, to be longer term. I guess Jolt have been stung a bit more in the past with people coming / going, I guess you can't expect miracles for nothing

Quote:
Laying down fire on PaTeam is a bit counter-productive in this matter I fear, as they have little real control over the resources. They are volunteer helpers, who try to do the best they can under impossible circumstances.
cant' deny its not good to fire at pateam - having been both sides its frustrating from a user / developer point of view when nothing gets done when it could so easily. However Jolt don't really seem to have a visible front, so users HAVE to moan at PATeam.

Unread 28 Oct 2007, 23:40   #61
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil M
If we look at the sigs of some of the PA Team, Kal has been in PA Team since round 11 (but skipped a round) and I'd guess Appocomaster has been part of it since round 13-14. So two major people within Planetarion have been here for over 10 rounds.

We can blame Jolt for a lot of failures in Planetarion, they don't care and just sit back and let PA Team run things how they like. Who runs the game? PA Team. Who does the work on the game? PA Team. Who is responsible for the future of the game? PA Team. Who is supposed to recruit extra staff when they need to improve stuff? PA Team!

There are people who could help the game but can't because PA Team is in control so they get to choose the entire future of the game. There are also people who want to help the game but can't. Some of the people in PA Team are so deluded that nobody else wants to help run the game that Planetarion would die without them.
Where to ppl actually offer to help? or even to join PA Team?
Quote:
I'd say the fact that you haven't done a successful portal suggests that new people in PA Team are needed.

Can't you let some new blood in?
They have definately let new blood in.
For that "Head of Development" only 4 ppl applied tho.

3 of them were "let in".

What else do you want to know?

All of PA Team are doing that for "free" and have other jobs + a real life to "run" besides PA.

That should change again. Pay them for the work - and then you can expect "more".

(Means: Spinner, come back! [You should remember me, do you? :P])

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 00:51   #62
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

buy PA spinner. plz. <3

if u do, and somethign actually change and people start to believe pa got a future, I m sure u will find out that the community which once was a group of mainly poor student and teenagers, now are adults with a good economy, willing to donate to revive planetarion again.

I know I would anyway :/

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 10:04   #63
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

The problem here is that Jolt sees PA as "free" extra money without having to use excessive amounts of money on it. Its a small earner for them as long as they don't use money on it. So as long as they keep getting that small income, they wont sell.
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 11:00   #64
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
The problem here is that Jolt sees PA as "free" extra money without having to use excessive amounts of money on it. Its a small earner for them as long as they don't use money on it. So as long as they keep getting that small income, they wont sell.
and thats where the biggest problem is - the attitude towards teh game from them. it could potentially make much more for them with a little investment.

Unread 29 Oct 2007, 12:33   #65
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

I'm sure spinner looks on PA as his baby, and his baby looks sick .. he wants to take it home and give it some TLC, respect to you for still wanting to despite the fact its grown up and left the nest !
But would the old timers please remove the rose tinted glasses and remember that it wasnt *that great* in the old days either, and it was the fight of adversity that created the community in the 1st place.

Players could undoubtedly make complaining an olympic sport, but as spinner and many have suggest those complaints are aimed at the PA team, for lack of a target that is right, I'm never sure that doing that is right, they after all do all in spare time, for love not money, their hearts are in the right place, but sometimes the follow through just doesnt happen.
But my point is, yes some things can go wrong, but what we almost never see is praise for theese guys and girls and the work they do right.

So i want to say thank-you, for all the time, effort and things that go right and maybe the things that go wrong but make us laugh, in a world of humans perfection is unattainable, your best is all you can do, sometimes your drop the ball, but you pick it up again, despite the jeers from the crowd, when you could just walk away .

The portal is a dropped ball, i'm sure someone is preparing to pick it up and throw it again.

Mistwraith...
(on behalf of the greatfull who dont post)
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 13:18   #66
Catwoman

Catwoman is a jewel in the roughCatwoman is a jewel in the roughCatwoman is a jewel in the rough

Well said mistwraith
who said the pa team were human anyway?
kidding i think they all do a great job tbh and i often tell them so
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 13:49   #67
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the problem isnt mainly with the pa team, an dI doubt many think so. I for one think they mostly do a good job everything taken into consideration.
The problem is with jolt. They are killing, if they havent killed the game already, by doing NOTHING. OFC this is bad for moral in PA team, as I m sure they cba to put too much effort into it when they see it fails anyway with no backing from the owners.

THATS why we want Spinner.
He made ML big in no time,he created pa.. got connections in online gaming, experience and the WILL to make pa grow again.

So excuse me if I keep my rose tinted glasses on. Everything WAS better when he was in charge.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 15:24   #68
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
They are not a charity or an endless pit of money ffs. Perhaps in your head a successful business can throw significantly more money at a product than it brings in but in the REAL WORLD costs have to be less than income else your totally screwed.

In the best case scenario of 2500 paying each round, each buying a single credit for £5 and 4 paid rounds a year we have

(2500 x 5) x 4 = £50,000

Now we generally only have 3 paid rounds a year so that knocks it down to closer to 37k and my number of paid planets is on the optimistic side.

It also assumes that theres no costs to running the game. You have Credit Card Transaction fees, server costs, chargeback fees and various other sundry costs. You then have a 19% corporation tax payment to make at the end of the year. It really doesn't leave much for things like staff, marketing ect ect and while the odd one off overspends might be possible once in the while its not something that's sustainable round after round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
and thats where the biggest problem is - the attitude towards teh game from them. it could potentially make much more for them with a little investment.
They did initially invest though, an investment that this community kicked in their face by undoing all the benifits the investment brought. I often feel that the simple fact is this community doesnt want to grow, they want a 'small club' where they can bitch and moan and harass new faces. The community as a whole really needs to show that its open to growing and wants to put effort in themeselves to help it grow to show Jolt that another significant investment is worthwhile and would be better appreciated this time. As ive said in the past I know I wouldn't be throwing any more than I needed to or any more than the game made in profit at this community at this moment as I feel it would be just flushing money down the toilet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
the problem isnt mainly with the pa team, an dI doubt many think so. I for one think they mostly do a good job everything taken into consideration.
The problem is with jolt. They are killing, if they havent killed the game already, by doing NOTHING. OFC this is bad for moral in PA team, as I m sure they cba to put too much effort into it when they see it fails anyway with no backing from the owners.

THATS why we want Spinner.
He made ML big in no time,he created pa.. got connections in online gaming, experience and the WILL to make pa grow again.

So excuse me if I keep my rose tinted glasses on. Everything WAS better when he was in charge.
Spinner isn't some sort of messiah, its easy to as mistwraith says sit there with rose tinted glasses and ignore the fact that under Spinner PA went bankrupt but the simple fact is Spinner has tried and failed once to make PA a long term success.

And while ML hasn't done bad its hardly setting the world alight either and thats with a product thats appeals a much wider audience that PA could ever do (Football after all is one of the most popular sports in the world and the setup of the game requires significantly less time spent on it each day that PA ever could). ML also lends itself to payments better and has alot more commercial partnership possibilities than PA.

Now if Spinner was Steve Jobs then the kind of belief people are putting in him here would probably hold some weight but hes not. Spinner would have his hands tied in the same way as Jolt, possible even more so because he would need to recoup his investment, and cover all further investments from the game and while he may do what Jolt did initially and throw money at it and take a risk thats only going to be sustainable for a short period of time before we are back in the situation we are in now.

Like Jolt he would have to have PA being self sustainable to be viable and throwing the money this community constantly asks to be thrown at it isnt in a self sustainable budget
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 11:16   #69
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

This thread seems to have gone slightly off-topic to the original post!

A new portal is coming along, so some progress is being made. I hope that the lessons from all the past portals has been learnt so that something different is being done this time. I'm still a little disappointed that you feel the need to code something from scratch, but if it gets the job done then it might be worthwhile.

One small piece of advice though. There needs to be a reason to visit the site, make sure that this key point is addressed.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 00:51   #70
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
They are not a charity or an endless pit of money ffs. Perhaps in your head a successful business can throw significantly more money at a product than it brings in but in the REAL WORLD costs have to be less than income else your totally screwed.

In the best case scenario of 2500 paying each round, each buying a single credit for £5 and 4 paid rounds a year we have

(2500 x 5) x 4 = £50,000

Now we generally only have 3 paid rounds a year so that knocks it down to closer to 37k and my number of paid planets is on the optimistic side.

It also assumes that theres no costs to running the game. You have Credit Card Transaction fees, server costs, chargeback fees and various other sundry costs. You then have a 19% corporation tax payment to make at the end of the year. It really doesn't leave much for things like staff, marketing ect ect and while the odd one off overspends might be possible once in the while its not something that's sustainable round after round

They did initially invest though, an investment that this community kicked in their face by undoing all the benifits the investment brought. I often feel that the simple fact is this community doesnt want to grow, they want a 'small club' where they can bitch and moan and harass new faces. The community as a whole really needs to show that its open to growing and wants to put effort in themeselves to help it grow to show Jolt that another significant investment is worthwhile and would be better appreciated this time. As ive said in the past I know I wouldn't be throwing any more than I needed to or any more than the game made in profit at this community at this moment as I feel it would be just flushing money down the toilet.
Just when I thought you couldnt get more wrong and arrogant, you do it yet again.

Seriously, who's side are you on? So instead of Jolt actually using any money, you think that they should not use any money at all and just let the game die? The difference between Jolt and Spinner is that Spinner actually CARES and is willing to put up some effort to make things work.

And in regards to your comments about the community, well, I honestly cant really be assed to comment on such evil and bitter bile that you manage to get off your chest. I want Spinner, and not because I see him as some messiah, but because a) he actually cares for the game, and b) he's willing to at least try to get it up on its feet instead of just standing idle by watching it die.
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 01:08   #71
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Jolt are dispassionate. You're letting your feelings get in the way of a clinical decision. When PA stops making money for them it will be switched off or sold for an amount they will most likely dictate.

Wakey is right, Jolt will never part with PA as long as it makes them money.

Jolt don't give a shit about peoples "feelings" or how much they "care". As much as it pains me to say it, people need to accept that whining and crying on the forums (which they don't read) won't do jack.

As Wakey is saying, all the community do is bitch and moan about everything that's done in a minor sense, so why on earth would Jolt divert large funds?

It's time to stop living in a dream and face reality, your heart is in the right place Kargool but apply all those management "skillz" you boasted to me about in #pa a while ago, remove your emotion from the equation and accept it.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.

Last edited by Marv; 31 Oct 2007 at 01:14.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 01:15   #72
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Quote:
Spinner isn't some sort of messiah, its easy to as mistwraith says sit there with rose tinted glasses and ignore the fact that under Spinner PA went bankrupt but the simple fact is Spinner has tried and failed once to make PA a long term success.

And while ML hasn't done bad its hardly setting the world alight either and thats with a product thats appeals a much wider audience that PA could ever do (Football after all is one of the most popular sports in the world and the setup of the game requires significantly less time spent on it each day that PA ever could). ML also lends itself to payments better and has alot more commercial partnership possibilities than PA.

Now if Spinner was Steve Jobs then the kind of belief people are putting in him here would probably hold some weight but hes not. Spinner would have his hands tied in the same way as Jolt, possible even more so because he would need to recoup his investment, and cover all further investments from the game and while he may do what Jolt did initially and throw money at it and take a risk thats only going to be sustainable for a short period of time before we are back in the situation we are in now.

Like Jolt he would have to have PA being self sustainable to be viable and throwing the money this community constantly asks to be thrown at it isnt in a self sustainable budget
Glad to see you are still around, Wakey!

Whoa, Messiah? Heh, I think we had had more than our fair share of those around, unless I terrible with nicks
Of course I am no such thing, nor is that what Planetarion needs.
Planetarion needs hard work, hard work and hard work, all on the development side, far beyond what volunteers would be able to do. (No offense whatsoever to anyone)
Then it would need some more hard work, a lot of quality-assurance, a new business-model, some well placed marketing-efforts, and it'd have a shot.

A small correction though: Planetarion never went bankrupt, nor did our company. We settled our debts, and that same company is now alive and kicking with a ManagerLeague that actually turns a profit (well, that may change when we take on another full-time employee shortly, but still). What Planetarion DID DO was burning me out, pretty much. I needed a lot of time to get back on my feet after trying too hard for too long, and I knew *** all about running a sucessfull business.

But your point still stands, I failed to make Planetarion a successfull business over a longer term, no doubt about that. But much has been learnt since then, and the internet has actually matured quite a bit in the same time. As have the business-models available.

Where is the Planetarion facebook-application to help getting attention? Where is the benefit in getting new players to join? Do I get to play for free if I make a friend sign up? Where is the referral programs for potential partners, where they can make money from providing paying customers to Planetarion? Where are the ad-campaigns branding Planetarion, pulling in new users? Where is the result of the last 2 years of development? Where is the commitment, if not the money?

Also, be careful of thinking that things have been "easier" with ManagerLeague because it has a wide appeal and potential partners:
It also has much more establlished competition, againast rather ace products like Hattrick and ManagerZone; Much tougher competition than PA ever had!

But as you correctly put it, I would have to relate to the same reality of budgets and limits. It would be challenging trying to turn PA around now, very much so...But I'd hate to see it die off completely without gettnig at least one last chance...Thats all...

Would I be able to do it? Maybe not!
Would anything I did make things worse than they are? Probably not.

I have to support you when you ask people to remove certain pink items though, people have always looked "back", to when I was there, to when fudge and oreo was there, back to round 4, back to round 2 etc etc.
PA was never easy to run, an uphill struggle most of the time.

Oh well, better call it a night here, thank God I don't have incomings in ManagerLeague.

Unread 31 Oct 2007, 01:15   #73
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Jolt are dispassionate. You're letting your feelings get in the way of a clinical decision. When PA stops making money for them it will be switched off or sold for an amount they will most likely dictate.

Wakey is right, Jolt will never part with PA as long as it makes them money.

Jolt don't give a shit about peoples "feelings" or how much they "care". As much as it pains me to say it, people need to accept that whining and crying on the forums (which they don't read) won't do jack.

As Wakey is saying, all the community do is bitch and moan about everything that's done in a minor sense, so why on earth would Jolt divert large funds?

It's time to stop living in a dream and face reality, you're heart is in the right place Kargool but apply all those management "skillz" you boasted to me about in #pa a while ago, remove your emotion from the equation and accept it.
Well, then I suggest we start "hitting" them in their purse then.

As you are saying, as soon as they are not earning enough money on it, they will sell, lets make it slightly more easier for us!

Stay tuned for an announcement of boycott!
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 12:58   #74
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Seriously, who's side are you on? So instead of Jolt actually using any money, you think that they should not use any money at all and just let the game die? The difference between Jolt and Spinner is that Spinner actually CARES and is willing to put up some effort to make things work.
It isn't about sides, its people like yourself who deem it necessary to make things about sides just so you can bitch and moan that cause many of the problems. The game doesn't need a Them and Us attitude from the community because by doing so we have a situation where it divides the game rather than what it needs right now and bring everyone together.

Now you can keep sitting there telling yourself that Jolt don't want the game to succeed, you can even start payment boycotts BUT all you do is show to Jolt that the community isn't behind the games success and that further investment wouldn't pay off. The game relys on the community and if the community doesn't seem to be supportive of the game then growth on paper seems highly unlikely and that limits the amount of investment that can realistically be made.

The simple fact is though that Jolt have invested money into the game and like the community would like PA to be a massive success again but while the community don't have to bother about the money aspects they do. Jolt are after all a business and cant go and just flush their money down the toilet, investment has to be done within a budget so that its sustainable and doesn't just bury the company under massive debts.

Its upto us, the community to give Jolt and PATeam our support and to be there to help out in whatever way we can (Be it simply being friendly and welcoming to newcomers or offering your services to help code) so the best can be got out of the limited budget. Its only by pulling together that the budgets ever going to rise, be it that a community pulling together and backing the game reduces the investment risk and increases the viable overspend or because a community pulling together produces a better gaming experience and increases playing numbers.

If you aren't willing to do this and want to continue burying your head in the sand then all I have to say from one member of this community to another is Just piss off as your part of the problem not the solution and the same goes for anyone else who sits there and thinks 'its not my problem'. Hopefully though most people here actually do care about the game and can actually put the bitching at Jolt aside for a bit and instead put their energies into helping improve PA
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 13:51   #75
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
It isn't about sides, its people like yourself who deem it necessary to make things about sides just so you can bitch and moan that cause many of the problems. The game doesn't need a Them and Us attitude from the community because by doing so we have a situation where it divides the game rather than what it needs right now and bring everyone together.

Now you can keep sitting there telling yourself that Jolt don't want the game to succeed, you can even start payment boycotts BUT all you do is show to Jolt that the community isn't behind the games success and that further investment wouldn't pay off. The game relys on the community and if the community doesn't seem to be supportive of the game then growth on paper seems highly unlikely and that limits the amount of investment that can realistically be made.

The simple fact is though that Jolt have invested money into the game and like the community would like PA to be a massive success again but while the community don't have to bother about the money aspects they do. Jolt are after all a business and cant go and just flush their money down the toilet, investment has to be done within a budget so that its sustainable and doesn't just bury the company under massive debts.

Its upto us, the community to give Jolt and PATeam our support and to be there to help out in whatever way we can (Be it simply being friendly and welcoming to newcomers or offering your services to help code) so the best can be got out of the limited budget. Its only by pulling together that the budgets ever going to rise, be it that a community pulling together and backing the game reduces the investment risk and increases the viable overspend or because a community pulling together produces a better gaming experience and increases playing numbers.

If you aren't willing to do this and want to continue burying your head in the sand then all I have to say from one member of this community to another is Just piss off as your part of the problem not the solution and the same goes for anyone else who sits there and thinks 'its not my problem'. Hopefully though most people here actually do care about the game and can actually put the bitching at Jolt aside for a bit and instead put their energies into helping improve PA

You are going about this the entire wrong way, we are not the people who owns this product we are buying, we are the ones that is paying for the product to survive, and if they fail to understand that in order to keep a product on the line, they need to make the customers happy.

I do see where you are coming from, just that I see it from a totally different view.

Can you name one thing apart from the free round that jolt have done lately that had a "positive effect" on pa? Where is the investments they've put into PA?

The ideas are there, there just isn't any will around to process or produce results out of the ideas. Read Spinners last post and take it to heart.

The main difference of being owned by Jolt and being owned by Spinner or his company is that his company actually has an interest in the game, and it wont be one of many various items as is the case with being owned by Jolt.
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 14:26   #76
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

As much as I would like to have another go at certain things, it might actually be easier to simple start from scratch, without the name, the url and the history. I find it highly unlikely that Jolt will sell PA back to us (for a reasonable price), and I can understand that, from a business perspective.
That said, there is more to business than just net profit and turnover, and it has to do with things like customer care, customer relations, relations to other companies, company history and brandname protection.
In this case, it is not hard to find arguments why a certain company might wish to consider a sale, if not for the money then for other reasons as mentioned above.

I do find it highly unlikely though.

As Wakey points out, and from what I can tell after talking to a few more people here and there, this isn't a very happy or satisfied community, and apparently it isn't great with handling new members. If this is indeed the case, then the prospect of buying it seems a lot less appealing, and the idea of building something new from scratch, a lot more. There may be more "history" attatched to PA than one might want, to be perfectly honest.

As nobody seems to think this forum has the attention of anyone from Jolt (which is a rather horrid idea; They ARE legally responsible for it and what it contains) I doubt I will ever hear from them again.
Oh well

Good luck to the game, the community, and, eventually, the portal
Planetarion will always have a place in my heart, even if the day comes when I create its ultimate competitor.
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 14:56   #77
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:

Good luck to the game, the community, and, eventually, the portal
Planetarion will always have a place in my heart, even if the day comes when I create its ultimate competitor.
Rest assured Spinner, if that happens, there will be a few alliances heading your way.
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 16:00   #78
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

When they took over pa with it debt, im sure Spinner had to sign a contract that included something similar to "For x amount of years the creator of THE GAME can not make a game similar to THE GAME that would reduce buyers customermass"

Been a few years since he sold it though, so maby he can start a new one, but i doubt he will.

|edit| And yes i read his post kargayl, and your still a raving homosexual.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out

Last edited by Allfather; 31 Oct 2007 at 23:45.
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2007, 01:59   #79
Phil M

Phil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

(2500 x 5) x 4 = £50,000

This is what is killing Planetarion slowly. Jolt isn't a charity but people sure as hell make it look like one at times.

In the past Jolt could get £50k revenue and hire a full time developer for say £20k per year. I'm sure they achieved this at the start when they first bought Planetarion. However the cheaper option is to get £50k revenue and keep the £20k instead. Why pay for someone to work on the game when a bunch of volunteers agree to sign to an NDA to help a game for free?

Sadly the game has now declined badly and Jolt are still milking it for every last penny possible.

I'd estimate that Jolt gets £2.70 per round per player after VAT and processing fees are taken off. Being optimistic and assuming that 1,000 players upgrade each round for 4 paid rounds a year, this gives £10,800 per year total. Take off the costs of the servers, and any other business related expenses and this drops even further.

Now if a smaller company like Fifth Season who solely depends on web games to stay alive then they'd put every bit of effort possible into it. However we're left with a company who puts hardly anything into the game but still likes to receive as much as possible.
Unread 19 Nov 2007, 12:05   #80
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Seeing as the portal still isn't updated i thought it was about time to bump this thread to get any news from the PA team.

Also, when will the manual be updated? As I was told this was gonna be ready before the round started etc.
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 19:09   #81
Mit
Let battle commence

Looks like the idea has died on its ass

No change at all.

Unread 1 Dec 2007, 19:57   #82
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
buy PA spinner. plz. <3

if u do, and somethign actually change and people start to believe pa got a future, I m sure u will find out that the community which once was a group of mainly poor student and teenagers, now are adults with a good economy, willing to donate to revive planetarion again.

I know I would anyway :/
need to be able to afford a server , maybe whit the new xeon processor wouldnt take more thn 1 cpu .

correct if am wrong but theyr was some major down time round 2-3 ,
most cie wont allow so many conection whit your pc at same time , theyr some hacker or virus loaded pc , that can flood it and make the pc lose a few file.

i would help you build it , know how to make sitter crash when the want to own muahaha jk ,
whiout being to low ........ allaince list
Bbud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 20:19   #83
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I was once told by Jolt that they would ban me if I kept complaining.

They said they would rather have a bunch of cheats than someone who complained.

True story.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 20:39   #84
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

fss if they took bak old forum tread you see pa going to loook like what been talk theyr on round 4 i think . taking a while many try .

complaint would mean that yu actualy expect them of doing something ....

watch your carater they become destiny

no complaint mean your in heaven , its dark nice temperature and dont even know your theyr............................(still cluster -1 attack was nice)

you mean the little guy that came on a url given by a friend half a round played whit is galaxie ,
tough for word , when you get roided and want to retal and wreck them appart.
word for action is where you split sucker of real thinker.
action become habbit whit the level of pleasure you receaive when you try that out .
habit carater .... come on you change your habbit evry few years until you die inside of boredoom.
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 20:42   #85
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I have no idea what that is sposed to mean...
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 20:50   #86
Bbud2
Banned

wasnt sure what you ment on complaint
,so i trew in a safe way , that pa is tarting to look to some game we talk about in old time .(bot time)

the i went on trying to make my smart ass in kinda making ,your quiting msg ,a false ``idear``

than said something that can go on homer way.
life aint fun unless theyr wrong thng you need to repair otherwise living in the done you maybe should be as it is and be done( dont get me wrong it s total war type of sentence)
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 21:41   #87
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbud2
wasnt sure what you ment on complaint
,so i trew in a safe way , that pa is tarting to look to some game we talk about in old time .(bot time)

the i went on trying to make my smart ass in kinda making ,your quiting msg ,a false ``idear``

than said something that can go on homer way.
life aint fun unless theyr wrong thng you need to repair otherwise living in the done you maybe should be as it is and be done( dont get me wrong it s total war type of sentence)
Seriously Bbud if your going to keep posting please install a word processor set to a English dictionary and use it to write your posts so you can run the spelling and grammar checks on it before posting. It will take a few extra minutes but save all of us reading it hours trying to decipher your posts and you will find your be alot better received
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 21:57   #88
Bbud2
Banned

wont get that much tread ,usualy i use edit to correct my tread , to withe hurt my yeys in the writing box.

second my french is from quebec , had higher grade in english than french .
havent seen a tread that actualy was so important that no1 should miss i no forum yet ( start end round as exeption)
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 22:02   #89
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
had higher grade in english than french .
Dear lord, I dont want to read your french then.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 22:17   #90
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
wont get that much tread ,usualy i use edit to correct my tread , to withe hurt my yeys in the writing box.

second my french is from quebec , had higher grade in english than french .
havent seen a tread that actualy was so important that no1 should miss i no forum yet ( start end round as exeption)
Very little of that made any sense. Your posts are god awful to read and make so little sense that its little more than spam. Due to this and the fact I cant really tell if your breaking any rules or not as I cant work out what you have typed i'm close to just deleting your posts on sight. I don't want to have to resort to that so please take a few minutes to make sure your posts are atleast somewhat understandable
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 01:33   #91
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Very little of that made any sense. Your posts are god awful to read and make so little sense that its little more than spam. Due to this and the fact I cant really tell if your breaking any rules or not as I cant work out what you have typed i'm close to just deleting your posts on sight. I don't want to have to resort to that so please take a few minutes to make sure your posts are atleast somewhat understandable

However, please don't follow Wakey's example in writing every post as it was an epic saga.

Note: This post was surprisingly short Wakey, everything alright at home?

On topic:

Yeah, looks like all the big words got turned into manure by Jolt and the PA team again, but hey, what do you expect.
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 10:25   #92
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

The postal is progressing, but we are suffering from a shortage of people to produce some of the content e.g. manual - apparently the run up to Christmas is a busy time for people

If people want to help get the portal up and running by getting some of its initial conent ready please do prod someone in PATeam.

We have learnt from our mistakes and will not launch the new portal until it is finished and has some content on it. (note this does not mean stuff like blogs/articles etc. we mean "functional" content)

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 18:27   #93
Phil M

Why does it take over 4 weeks to admit that extra help might be needed? Have you bothered asking the people who have offered help before? Have you bothered asking past contributors to the portal to help out? Why isn't there an announcement thread to try and recruit people to help out?

It's been November for the past month, I'd hardly call that the run up to Christmas. Enough of the excuses.
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 19:06   #94
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Why does it take over 4 weeks to admit that extra help might be needed? Have you bothered asking the people who have offered help before? Have you bothered asking past contributors to the portal to help out? Why isn't there an announcement thread to try and recruit people to help out?

It's been November for the past month, I'd hardly call that the run up to Christmas. Enough of the excuses.
Phil M in *shock* nothing positive to say post.

Unread 2 Dec 2007, 19:32   #95
wakey
Hamster

Quote:

The fact that Kal says "apparently the run up to Christmas is a busy time for people" clearly implies that either they have had the staff and/or have asked people to contribute but due to RL they have either turned it down or have not had the time they thought they would have had.

And despite what you think November is the run up to Christmas, its the time of year where people are more inclined to do extra work to earn some more money for Christmas and its also the time of year where unless you leave everything to the last minute.

These people are volunteers and tbh their RL has to take precedent. Its not PATeams fault that the volunteers need more time to get things done and you just need to be patient.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 12:22   #96
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

I just noticed the banner on top of this forum has R.23 written on it, while the one on the portal doesn't...
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 23:39   #97
Mit
Let battle commence

Looking at the latest news article, it is not very use friendly forcing them to copy the url's out to use them (they should be clickable)

Unread 20 Jan 2008, 00:13   #98
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

I'm shocked, it actually appears to be done.

There's even a shop! Even though the mug seems to have the round 3 name, it's there!
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2008, 04:10   #99
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I just noticed that you can change the template of the portal.
If you put it on Vision it actually looks very nice and planetarion black isn't bad either. R23 style (which is default atm i think) I don't like very much, but that's my own personal taste, no disrespect meant to whoever made it.
Nice job to whoever made it (i think it was androx for the vision one).

Little suggestion about the merchanise in the shop though:
Make it so it's not connected to a round, the current items are r3 and r19.
Imo they should just say planetarion & some catchline like the current one "Have you got a planet yet" but lose the roundnumber & name so you can sell the same t-shirt & mug every round

Still, good to see actual progress. Keep up the good work

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2008, 14:42   #100
Mit
Let battle commence

A step in the right direction, but, for example the 'black' theme really doesn't make me want to sign up, its not very eye catching at all. The default theme is missing some 'breaks' of some sort between the content (specifically the 2 columns down the middle of the page). VisioN is the best of the lot, but again needs work.

The biggest thing missing (from a new user attracting point of view) imo is something like the big graphic i put on my sample design http://tim.igoe.me.uk/files/Planetarion.png