User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:57   #101
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: go go go Exilition

I agree, i can think of at least 5 ways to trick a connect probe off the top of my head.
I dont think it will involve a client-side program either, as that can be hacked like you said. And also creates more problems in the form of OS compatability etc, again like you said.
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:00   #102
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Crap that people dont have morale anymore...
Thats only thing that can be said..

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:03   #103
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
My post is by no means to be treated as Intel only some observations made by me in my own gal or do you have better observations from there then me?
And this far into the round cords is all out anyway

“someone might want to mention the fact we started round with 2 ziks”
but now you have more then 2 so my observations still stands because I never mentioned it occurred the first 200 tic or so.

“So stop posting on forums without any true intel & facts”

Eh, I do post on facts – mine!
Not to defend exi or anything ( I don't wanna involve in the discussion about whether they do or do not cheat) but well, your observation can be 100% correct but also 100% incorrect as it is based on pure guessing (as you have not stated a single proof that those planets were exilition, which is EASY to check btw if you have some basic form of intel).

Just pointing out that your arguement is based on pure guesses and for all we know those Zik planets were 1up or WP or even Angels ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:08   #104
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
All ill say is......

Round 11 and Round 12 i cant remember an alliance getting accused of mass cheating.....

Round 13 comes and bang bang here we are again, but wait what was new in round 13, oh thats right EXil ((

Notice by the way we have once again returned to block wars?

Dragons just cant get away from old habits :/

hmm, we have LESS blocking this round than we have had since forever..

and the winner aint clear yet. and id like to point out that half the players in ex have never been dragons or ldk, and when i think of cheating i can only think of 2 players in ex that has been closed, and that was in PL and both closing were BS, 1 was tiny and inactive, the other was another history that was quite complicated.

true dragons have had alot of closures in other games and same bout ldk but ex is neither of those allies. we come from all over tha place. so stop calling us dragons or ldk.

nn Buddah

and if i wake up sending def tonight its CLEARLY vnc right? not some ex fag calling me 5x til i get so pissed i get up.
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:08   #105
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Not to defend exi or anything ( I don't wanna involve in the discussion about whether they do or do not cheat) but well, your observation can be 100% correct but also 100% incorrect as it is based on pure guessing (as you have not stated a single proof that those planets were exilition, which is EASY to check btw if you have some basic form of intel).

Just pointing out that your arguement is based on pure guesses and for all we know those Zik planets were 1up or WP or even Angels ...
umm Ive checked. Attackers on farms were EX, attackers on others were EX + some Angels.
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:12   #106
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

farming is kinda overrated now, as you dont gain score from farming, reason ex had so much higher score is cause we lost shitloads of roids then regained, other allies didnt loose/gain as much as us.

and to _kila_

ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT!
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:23   #107
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah
and to _kila_

ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT!
huh? Im too poor to buy a boat
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:23   #108
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
hmm, we have LESS blocking this round than we have had since forever..
Quoted for the idiocy displayed within.
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:29   #109
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

just cause 1up for once is in a loosing block its idocy?
pffffft
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:30   #110
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

(This is me writing, and it has no connection to my alliance what so ever)

Its nice to see that I have generated so much response to my first message in this thread.

First to the multihunters. Your replies have been read and I am quite satisfied that the said accusations against you i got in my logs are untrue. Still again as many has pointed out in this thread, some of Exilition may/or may not have been cheating, the problem lies in that you also need to have to prove this before punishing.

As to the level of WHAT you can prove as cheating I have to agree with thoose who said that you need foolproof evidence, not logs, not ip's from the same city, but clear evidence. You may think of me as a naive fool, but I still think that the rules of innocent until otherwise proven is a good rule to have.

I will not reply to this thread anymore, and thanks for not flaming me totally.
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:37   #111
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
shut up and die, Zhukov
Is this the usual linguistic standard here now?
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:38   #112
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entium

All its missing is the fingers in ears and the "na na na na i cant hear you"
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:41   #113
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
just cause 1up for once is in a loosing block its idocy?
pffffft
No because there is quite clearly more blocking this round overall than the past 2 so what the flying bejesus were you talking about in your earlier post?
Unread 18 May 2005, 23:22   #114
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entium
Yes. Specially when your Almeida and loosing the argument (as usual).
(and you should have seen the "reps", there is alot in that line..)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 18 May 2005, 23:40   #115
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
it is technically possible to prevent vnc users accessing pa, and I am currently researching the best way to implement this, and whether though technically possible it is feasible for us to implement it
In this thread, Kal once again proves he has no grasp of technical issues.
Unread 19 May 2005, 00:42   #116
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Firstly, I feel it is likey that at least some Exil have cheated, or do cheat. For example, I, too, have seen farms in my (old) gal coming and going and getting farmed by *certain* planets. Secondly, I think it's kind of sad, we'd been making such (apparent) progress towards eliminating cheating in the last few rounds. Finally, anyone who claims this round is less of a block-war than the last two clearly hasn't got a clue whats going on: if even I can see it, then it's blatantly bloody obvious!
Unread 19 May 2005, 01:00   #117
relik
schmuck

relik is on a distinguished road

Are there cheaters in Exil? Extremely likely. But most of you don't have the inside intelligence necessary to assert that there are any more in Exil than there are in any other alliance, so I personally wouldn't be pointing fingers.
Unread 19 May 2005, 01:33   #118
Dopec

Dopec can only hope to improve

What im personally failing to grasp is that how come Multihunters havent closed all these farms and the people farming them that people claim to have seen, since if it has happened on a such scale as people are implying, it shouldnt really be that hard for our capable Multihunters to catch the cheaters and close them now or would it?
Unread 19 May 2005, 01:55   #119
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

Are some of you saying that the MH arn't doing there jobs properly? Are you saying that they are incapable of finding the cheeters? or that they turn a blind eye? or that they just simply dont know what to do about it?
because if you are just come out and say it.

If you think someone is cheeting, report it,.. let the MH decide,..
If you don't put any faith in their abilities to FIND the cheets, then you therefore have to suspect everyone of cheeting.
Go report all of Excils co-ords if you think they are cheeting,.. though i'd like to see some justice to those who report without GOOD reason.
Good luck MH,
Unread 19 May 2005, 02:16   #120
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopec
What im personally failing to grasp is that how come Multihunters havent closed all these farms and the people farming them that people claim to have seen, since if it has happened on a such scale as people are implying, it shouldnt really be that hard for our capable Multihunters to catch the cheaters and close them now or would it?
Because AD is mostly make believe. I dont know much universe wise, but what I do know is pretty concrete. And ive read posts from people concerning things i know about that are out and out lies. i lump the liars together with the people who insinuate things without proof.

One thing i keep seeing is people thinking exi cheat because ldk and dragons? have cheated in the past.
One thing I havent seen is a naming.
Has 1 present day exi member been closed for cheating in the past? Has 5? Has 10? Just because the old alliances had members who were closed, doesnt mean those members are still playing. Are they still playing?

Im looking for for concrete examples. IE: Exi has X amount of members who were closed in the past for cheating and what their nicks are. Not accusations that someone knows (nick) was cheating but (nick) never got caught.
Imo, without this, saying they used to cheat so they still must cheat is just empty rhetoric and shouldnt be used to dirty an alliances name.

Last edited by Fyodor; 19 May 2005 at 02:22.
Unread 19 May 2005, 02:37   #121
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Someone tell me why atleast 50% or more of eXi have been closed once ?
Or was I just dreaming when half of my alliance targets suddently was closed at once?
Unread 19 May 2005, 04:31   #122
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
Or was I just dreaming when half of my alliance targets suddently was closed at once?
Maybe they asked to be closed so that u don't own them? like a shortened vacation mode

to whoever said that I redefined noob when I said they only initiated: noobs actually reply to ingame mails? they are also more active than logging in once a week and initiating. :/
Unread 19 May 2005, 04:42   #123
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
well, yes u were dreaming, coz at no point 50% of eX was closed...
Unread 19 May 2005, 04:46   #124
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
well, yes u were dreaming, coz at no point 50% of eX was closed...
he exaggerated a bit but he means the time when a good few EX planets were closed.

Last edited by _Kila_; 19 May 2005 at 04:51.
Unread 19 May 2005, 04:48   #125
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

why always use phrases like: a lot, god few (whatever this means), many, nearly all, etc.

can't u come up with exact numbers? u guys seem to know all about eX so, pls be accurate when u say such crap.
so how many of us where closed? 1? 10? 50? pls enlighten me
Unread 19 May 2005, 04:52   #126
_Kila_
break it down!

I don't know the exact number but I remember 10 or so were closed.
Unread 19 May 2005, 04:58   #127
Almeida

wrong, i give u a second chance to guess the right number
Unread 19 May 2005, 05:00   #128
_Kila_
break it down!

I know that only 2 have been closed permenantely but around 10 were closed initially
Unread 19 May 2005, 05:08   #129
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

'You are a clueless moron, not specificly this post but in general' - unnamed rep-giver

i) Then why the hell did you pick that post to neg-rep? How is that helping me improve the standard of my posts etc? And what was moronic about me saying cheating = bad? At least have the decency to explain *why* am a 'clueless moron' in future, please. The rep system should not be a system used for name-calling by those too cowardly or lazy to put up a decent argument or make a proper statement.

ii) Maybe I have more clue than you give me credit for. Though, I even admitted in that post that I don't know much (which is more than none, eh) - I get neg rep for saying so? Well, sorry for being honest. Guess it's something certain people are not used to.

Last edited by Neferti; 19 May 2005 at 05:20.
Unread 19 May 2005, 05:25   #130
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

I don't like to post here much but I had to on this.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
No because there is quite clearly more blocking this round overall than the past 2 so what the flying bejesus were you talking about in your earlier post?
First I should comment on this. I have to say I know for a fact 1up blocks and so does everyone else so there is really no point in going the "OMG no we don't liar!" route.

Now everyone that knows me, and has known me over the many years I have played this game, knows I don't cheat. Secondly they know that I am not a person that would want to be associated with cheating of any kind.

I left SiN and joined eX a few weeks to a month into the round, and have yet to see any sign of cheating.

What do I see? Dedication to winning, activity, and no rest. Isn't that what it is all about? Winning? There shouldn't be any suprise that the cheating bullshit is getting thrown around because it happens every round. Hell 1up was nothing but cheaters when they took 60-70 members to win in r11. However that doesn't mean they where actually cheaters. I think they were just dedicated to winning. It just comes with the territory when your winning.

I really have to say that I think it is really sad that everyone is coming here and acting like they are. On both sides.

If you think we cheat so what. If eX wins this round and the whole damn PA universe thinks that we cheated to get it I will lose less sleep than I do during the round. Now if my planet gets closed for cheating then I will be pretty damn pissed knowing I don't cheat.

Oh and before I forget:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
some who are too retarded to understand the concept of VNC-ing
I really resent this comment. I don't even know what VNC is. Am I retarded? Far from it.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!

Last edited by Amycus; 19 May 2005 at 05:37.
Unread 19 May 2005, 05:38   #131
jerome

If you aren't retarded as you claim, why aren't you able to comprehend what I posted?

1] The no-blocking thing was OBVIOUSLY referring to the past rounds NOT this one, I don;t think ANYONE denies or doesn't accept that nearly every alliance is blocking or at the very least suspiciously linked to a block.

2] I'm referring to CERTAIN* idiots in your alliance who KNOW what it is but do not understand the CONCEPT** or how it could be used. Not those who do not know what it is.

*I have not said all your alliance are idiots. Contrary to popular belief, I'd like to think I'm on "good" terms with quite a few in Exil, and obviously these are not the ones I refer to if I speak of "Exil" in a derogatory manner.

**con·cept

1. A general idea derived or inferred from specific instances or occurrences.
  2. Something formed in the mind; a thought or notion. See Synonyms at idea.
  3. A scheme; a plan: “began searching for an agency to handle a new restaurant concept” (ADWEEK)."
Unread 19 May 2005, 05:46   #132
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

jerome` didnt 1up and nd block from the beginning of last round? i.e. have an alliance that was established pre-tick start

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 19 May 2005, 05:53   #133
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Frankly, I think Exil are doing a great job of cheating. I can't see the point of them trying to defend it. Just don't say anything!! You owned the admins and the owners of the game this round. You also owned the community. Now you guys are set to own the Universe with a victory! You guys did a good job imho.
Unread 19 May 2005, 05:55   #134
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
jerome` didnt 1up and nd block from the beginning of last round? i.e. have an alliance that was established pre-tick start

Stifler, I have to admit that I am proned to take Jerome's side no matter what his point of veiw is. I could have sworn that you had a bit of sense though. NO, 1up was not blocked with ND pre-tick.
Unread 19 May 2005, 05:57   #135
jerome

I suspect you'd be better off looking at your super members accommodating to our every need to why we won last round.
Unread 19 May 2005, 06:06   #136
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

jer`.. Can u elaborate that?
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Unread 19 May 2005, 06:23   #137
jerome

Oh, I was just referring to the planet-naps.

The "every need" thing was just needless sexual innuendo.
Unread 19 May 2005, 06:23   #138
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau
jer`.. Can u elaborate that?
probably you and elviz and your almost whole round nap

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 19 May 2005, 07:04   #139
relik
schmuck

To whichever one of you cockbags posted the following neg-rep comment:

Quote:
Just because you are stupid dont mean you have to post. They have been cought and deleted in multiple games several times. Its in their blood.
dont = doesn't
cought = caught
Its = It's
* Furthermore, the first sentence made no sense, so "just because you are stupid dont mean you have to comment on my post."

Yes, it's extremely trite and anal to point out grammatical errors, but please use spellcheck the next time you decide to insult someone's intelligence.

And what you posted implies that players can be assumed guilty of cheating simply because they are members of a specific alliance. Like any other generalization made about an entire group of people, yours holds no logic, and you fail to back up your statement with any facts or examples. And no, I'm not a member of Exil. So please cock off.
Unread 19 May 2005, 08:07   #140
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus

First I should comment on this. I have to say I know for a fact 1up blocks and so does everyone else so there is really no point in going the "OMG no we don't liar!" route.
If you dont have a clue what is being said, don't post about it.

Quote:
Now everyone that knows me, and has known me over the many years I have played this game, knows I don't cheat. Secondly they know that I am not a person that would want to be associated with cheating of any kind.

I left SiN and joined eX a few weeks to a month into the round, and have yet to see any sign of cheating.

What do I see? Dedication to winning, activity, and no rest. Isn't that what it is all about? Winning? There shouldn't be any suprise that the cheating bullshit is getting thrown around because it happens every round.
So we are supposed to listen to a person who left an alliance he was HC of, for the alliance on the other side?

Quote:
Hell 1up was nothing but cheaters when they took 60-70 members to win in r11. However that doesn't mean they where actually cheaters. I think they were just dedicated to winning. It just comes with the territory when your winning.
1up didnt win with 60-70 members round 11, not looking very good is it :/

Quote:
I really have to say that I think it is really sad that everyone is coming here and acting like they are. On both sides.
I think its more sad the people who post here without a thought of what they are saying, Judging from what you've just said, id say that you're annoyed that EXil are accussed of cheating, and simply want to let off some steam. You are not a person who can be trusted to vouch for how clean EXil are. As lets face it, you cant have much morals yourself jumping alliances like that now can you :/

Quote:
If you think we cheat so what. If eX wins this round and the whole damn PA universe thinks that we cheated to get it I will lose less sleep than I do during the round. Now if my planet gets closed for cheating then I will be pretty damn pissed knowing I don't cheat.
You may want to reword that so i know what you're saying

Also only your alliance will recognise you as the winner, as the rest of us think you're cheating scumbags

Quote:
Oh and before I forget:

I really resent this comment. I don't even know what VNC is. Am I retarded? Far from it.
MUST.........NOT..........MAKE...........HIM............LOOK..............STUPID.................... .........ARRGGGHHH ITS TOO MUCH ((((
Unread 19 May 2005, 08:14   #141
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What is this thread really?

1) A series of Baseless or Marginal Accusations
2) Sour Grapes

Possibly; but...

If there is a method of cheating available that is practically undetectable, I am not so niave as to think that there will not be certain people who are willing to exploit it. This occurs in every round, and it is certainly not acceptable that an alliance like Exilition should be universally tarred with the same brush; simply because people suspect certain members of theirs use such methods.

It seems clear that, if we accept that there may be an undesirable (cheating) element in every alliance, more or less - and certainly no HC could gaurantee to the contrary - then it stands to reason that if a few use VNC in Exil, then a few might be using it in 1up, Angels, WP or whoever. As a consequence, the argument 1) VNC can be used to account share 2) Some in Exil might be using VNC > 3) All Exil cheat, is clearly fallicous.

But on the other hand, if we accept that to some extent, Exil's membership is comprised of Elements from Dragons, who are KNOWN to have cheated as a collective (correct me if I am wrong) in other games, then perhaps the argument changes.

To refer again to the assumption that in EVERY alliance there is to some extent a cheating element, it is arguable that the proportion might well be influenced by the prior history of some members of the alliance. While it has already been said that not all of Exil is comprised of ex Dragons or LDK members, it seems much more likely that these members will be prone to using undetectable exploits. They know they can get away with it; they've taken greater risks in the past and they may only use it on occasion, so why not?

The Multihunters may like to confirm this, they may not; but if it is also the case that Exil has a higher proportion of VNC ports open than other similarly ranked alliances then this does add weight to the argument that a proportion of their ex dragon players are still account sharing.

As for the argument by some that they are in the alliance and have seen no evidence of such activity, obviously we can take that with a grain of salt, given their bias. More than likely it is true, yet that does not help the argument one bit. You could be in the same GALAXY as somone from your own alliance and it wouldnt matter a damn, if they didnt want you to know they were account sharing, then you wouldnt.

In the end, it all comes down to the issue of proof, irrefutable direct evidence if you like. Now some in this thread have said that - as in the case of Criminal Liability - Exil are innocent until proven guilty, and while that is true as far as it goes, I would like to add one important rider. Exil are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Criminal Liability does not require irrefutable evidence, the standard is not absolute proof, merely proof beyond which a reasonable person could not argue otherwise without resorting to fanciful or ad hoc explanations.

My question to the Multihunters is which standard of proof do you require? Absolute proof, or proof beyond a reasonable doubt?

And my conclusion is, that neither is satisfied YET

Last edited by Cooling; 19 May 2005 at 08:44.
Unread 19 May 2005, 08:43   #142
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus

Congratulations on breaking the most magical of all riddles in round 13!
Do you also hold intel seminars ?

Quote:
Can you please list these people ? I want to ask them in person, as I dont believe you for a second!

Quote:
"I left SiN and joined eX as I realised SiN wasnt going to win the round, and obviously Im not going to say that eX cheats on a public forum, so why bother telling everyone? I also realise that I hold no importance whatsoever in the PA community and thus should stop making comments on behalf of others.[/quote]

Quote:
What do I see? Dedication to winning, activity, and no rest. Isn't that what it is all about? Winning? There shouldn't be any suprise that the cheating bullshit is getting thrown around because it happens every round. Hell 1up was nothing but cheaters when they took 60-70 members to win in r11. However that doesn't mean they where actually cheaters. I think they were just dedicated to winning. It just comes with the territory when your winning.
Excuse me Captain Obvious, but I dont recall 1up recruiting between 60 and 70 members during r11. And especially not to win!

If so, how far into the round did they play with BETWEEN 30 - 40 members?.

And to be honest, wouldnt this very claim make your joining Exil a cheat, and thus, you are a fat cheater? I am sure the people who know and have known you will testify that you are a fat cheater now!

Quote:
You and everyone else who has been closed in the past think the same thing!!11 However, if it happens to you, we will be sure to believe you

Quote:
Oh and before I forget:

I wouldnt go as far as calling you a retard.... mentally challenged perhaps ?

- With love from Idler, the happy rascal.
Unread 19 May 2005, 11:40   #143
Neferti
part time ghost

How do you define important to the community?
Unread 19 May 2005, 11:51   #144
relik
schmuck

Nah...I'm sure there are plenty out there who haven't a clue what VNC is (I work in a technical support position, so trust me -- the questions I receive shock me far more than one about VNC). And while it's commonly recognized by those of us who are more tech savvy, it's unfair to expect the masses to have even heard of it. VNC = Virtual Network Computing.

In order to make use of VNC, a VNC server must be installed on the computer attempting to be accessed. Then, a VNC viewer is installed on each computer that needs/wants to connect to the computer acting as a server. Users connecting to the server via the VNC viewer are able to view the server's desktop screen as if they were using the server computer directly (i.e. If I establish a VNC connection between this computer and one at a friend's house, I'll be able to connect to and use his computer as if I were right there). VNC servers can be password-locked, limited to a predefined number of simultaneous logins, etc. So how does this apply to PA? VNC allows players to multi and share logins without ever logging into more than one account from the same IP address. Because it appears that the player is playing through the computer he/she is connected to, VNC is much harder to detect than the conventional "I have my friend's login so I'm going to log him in from this computer to send myself defense" move.
Unread 19 May 2005, 12:58   #145
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And this why I'm so suprised that it's never been thought of before. Whoever came up with using it for PA was a genius.

Originality
Cheating
Unread 19 May 2005, 13:06   #146
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
And this why I'm so suprised that it's never been thought of before. Whoever came up with using it for PA was a genius.

Originality
Cheating
tbh, i think it has been used since broadband was introduced for very many people..
Its unlikely that people didnt use it before it got common knowledge..

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 19 May 2005, 13:17   #147
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread is rather interesting and is definatly a Very Nausiating Collection of crap
Unread 19 May 2005, 15:16   #148
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
that just becuase someone happens to use VNC it does not automatically mean they are cheating, so the MH's can't just go aroudn closing people if they happen to use VNC
How is it that VNCs are not proof enough, but proxies are?
Unread 19 May 2005, 15:27   #149
Phil^
Insomniac

neither are on their own.
both contribute to it the same
Unread 19 May 2005, 15:32   #150
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
In the end, i'd like to voice my word of support to thoose guys from Exilition who has gotten unfairly closed or punished for things they havent done. This whole situation just leaves me with a foul taste in my mouth and the feeling of someone elses game being ruined because of them doing to good for someone.

Who?

And the foul taste might actually be a result of all the asslicking you're doing :/

Retired
Closed Thread