User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:42   #51
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: go go go Exilition

conveniant eh forest :/
If i was still a Mh i`d get dates etc and check the login times for them all, see if i can see anything suspect in them
Ofc it can be explained away by "we sms ppl" etc :/
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:45   #52
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

is it so hard to believe? having witnessed it within my own alliance it happens every night
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:48   #53
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
We sent over 100 fleets at exil planets, and magically, they all started defending when a couple of certain dragon core players woke up. And they gained roids.
just accept it we are better than u and we know how to use mobile phones to call ppl in foreign countries. that's nothing magical even u might be able to learn it if u try hard enough...
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:50   #54
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
just accept it we are better than u and we know how to use mobile phones to call ppl in foreign countries. that's nothing magical even u might be able to learn it if u try hard enough...
surely sleeping till 3am each night has an effect on your real life. Are you saying that EX do nto have jobs or that their bosses allow them to sleep at work?
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:55   #55
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

"Great liars are also great magicians"

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
surely sleeping till 3am each night has an effect on your real life. Are you saying that EX do nto have jobs or that their bosses allow them to sleep at work?
I used to sleep 4 hours almost every night.. and catch up with my sleep in the weekends...
I see alot of jealousy and frustration in this thread
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:56   #56
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
is it so hard to believe?
Not really, its not difficult to belive that Exhiltion cheats. Its actually VERY difficult beling they play fair, with such a track record.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:59   #57
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I used to sleep 4 hours almost every night.. and catch up with my sleep in the weekends...
they have no time to sleep as they get incs on weekends too?
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:02   #58
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
waking up 2-3 times per night to send a def fleet doesn't affect it that much

Zhukov u ****tard, u aren't even playing, so where do u take ur oh so leet intel from??
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:05   #59
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Zhukov u ****tard, u aren't even playing, so where do u take ur oh so leet intel from??
Past rounds of Planetarion and P L A N E T I A perhaps?
Think, then post Almeida.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:06   #60
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Did you actually read Zhukov's post? His conclusion was drawn fully from Exil's past, it doesn't matter if he plays this round or not.

Note: HIS conclusion, not mine.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:06   #61
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Boy these arguments are getting weaker and weaker..
Yup, I'm in EX and no, I haven't been with them in any form before this round of Planetarion.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:07   #62
Almeida

eXilition didn't play any rounds in PA before nor did it play in that other tick based game.
shut up and die, Zhukov
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:09   #63
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Ldk , Dragons. etc. Thats what hes referring to.
Theres no need to be nasty almeidia.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:09   #64
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
eXilition didn't play any rounds in PA before nor did it play in that other tick based game.
shut up and die, Zhukov
Maybe I was speaking about the dragons/ldk folks, who run the show, perhaps?
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:09   #65
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
2-3 times? I thought EX gets waved from 3AM GMT onwards? :-/
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:10   #66
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ITT we see why Almeida has such a crap rep.

Seriously, this is a rare time I have to agree with Zhukov and your Exi havent played PA before comment is laughable.

Ha ha ha

See?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:16   #67
Almeida

1) i know many ppl in eX who haven't been LDK nor Dragons.
2) i don't give a damn what anyone has done in that other tickbased game.
3) coz of some ppl beeing ex Dragons/LDK u say the entire alliance is cheating? very clever...

Phil i am getting nasty coz i am fed up by all tha tbullshit on here; coz all those idiots can't bear it that they won't win the round coz there is an alliance beeing more deidcated and putting more time into the game than they do.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:22   #68
Phil^
Insomniac

dont let it get to you heh.
Its standard practise for opposing 'sides' to be nasty to each other.
getting wound up about it only makes it more fun for them, and they`ll keep doing it

As for if exilition will win - Little early to be making predictions atm i think. The future is notoriously unpredictable
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:25   #69
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
dont let it get to you heh.
Its standard practise for opposing 'sides' to be nasty to each other.
I havent even called him a idiot, and you call me(?) nasty!
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:27   #70
Phil^
Insomniac

im not calling you nasty
im just saying its standard practises for opposing sides to be nasty
each side isnt usually limited to one person
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:32   #71
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Premises:

1) Exilition is composed of many ex-dragons/ldk players, some of who have a history of organised cheating.

2) Players who have cheated in previous rounds have shown a willingness to ignore the rules against cheating.

Reasoning: Exilition with its a) roid gains at unlikely times during the early round b) extraordinarily high fleet activity and c) usage of VNC (I haven't read anyone deny this so I'm assuming it's true please correct me if it's not), coupled with premises 1 and 2 above probably have a higher number of planets in their alliance this round (compared to other alliances) that have cheated in one way or another.

Conclusion: EXilition probably has more cheaters than other alliances.

Note: Probably doesn't necessarily mean they do, it just means it's a reasonable supposition without additional evidence, which I unfortunately do not possess.

The contra-view, namely that Exilition is not cheating is more difficult to phrase a proper argument for due to the fact that it's extremely difficult to prove that something isn't happening when the observable results of whatever is supposedly happening are easily explainable as caused by other factors. You could only prove that exilition weren't cheating if you kept track of all of their members in real life for the entire round, which is practically impossible. This is a result of the empirical fact that you can't offer direct evidence for absence.

Obviously being able to phrase a rational argument in this debate is a fairly useless point, as most of us would acknowledge the possibilities either way. It's a fact that there either is or isn't more cheating than in other alliances. I just thought I'd point out where some people are coming from as this has gotten very contentious.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:37   #72
Phil^
Insomniac

Argh JBG You got my mind in the state to diagram that argument out now.
Too much uni work on the argumentation and critical thinking module
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:37   #73
NotALegend
BC, Ace Cliff Jumper

NotALegend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sleep in the weekends? I guess someone else is running the show then.

Heh, sorry, but that comment wrote itself.

Seriously, I have no interest on either side, being in a small alliance outside the top 15. I will say this though: anyone claiming that "waking up 2-3 times during the night has NO effect on work/RL" is simply a liar. Or a superhuman. No matter how much sleep you get in the weekends.
r1 - ?:? | r2 - 6:6 | r3 - 4:15 | r4 - 178:11 | r5 - ?:?
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:40   #74
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I am going to get a list of Exilition addresses, and do a 999 call (or equivalent) for each one and say that they are slipping into a coma due to no sleep, and ask the ambulances to check if they're at their computers when they arrive.

Seriously though, the things I have said in this thread about Exilition cheating, I stand by. However, I think some people are taking it a little far. Yes, Exilition cheat, but I don't think that cheating is the reason they are doing so well.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:41   #75
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

i like to point out that no-one is a actual cheat unless there is proof
innocent unless PROVEN guilty
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:45   #76
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

@ the first post:
Next time read the user-agreement before accepting it, those deletion reasons are valid
and contact Multihunters when you know your gonna play on public comps (which is stated everywhere)

Its hard to believe you guys havent cheated tho
especially if their new to PA (from p.l.a.n.e.t.i.a)
Playing with friends even makes it more likely that they have cheated
(even tho 1ups score was higher the last few rounds)
and the PA team doesnt just closes random planets

but I dont really care about if they have cheated or not..
I (and most others in this thread) dont have any evidence or anything to prove they have or havent cheated..
and if they did it isnt my busness anyway
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:46   #77
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

TBH if they need to cheat at a game to win, then they are sad losers.
TBH if they stay up late into nearly every night and text each other so they don't lose roids in a spreadsheet game, then they are sad losers.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:46   #78
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

i did such for a week. but maybe i am getting old here?
no serious, sleeping like this actually ruined my trimester, and alltho I had nowhere specific to goto at a specific time, I couldnt keep it up.
so how come 68 ppl can do it for 2 months non-stop?
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:50   #79
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
i like to point out that no-one is a actual cheat unless there is proof
innocent unless PROVEN guilty

You are TOTALLY wrong.

If someone is cheating, they are a cheat whether caught or not.

If someone murders someone, by your definition, he is not a murderer until caught.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:51   #80
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler123b
i did such for a week. but maybe i am getting old here?
no serious, sleeping like this actually ruined my trimester, and alltho I had nowhere specific to goto at a specific time, I couldnt keep it up.
so how come 68 ppl can do it for 2 months non-stop?
Maybe they are on drugs. BTW are drugs allowed? ones that stop u from sleeping?
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:52   #81
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Can somebody tell me why that deserves a neg rep?
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:54   #82
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Uhm, personally insomnia and/or nocturnal sleep patterns really aren't that hard to come by for most of the more hardcore pa players.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:56   #83
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Forest > Xontas
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:57   #84
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

I can’t understand why EX HC comes here defending his alliance – part of his job!

The members who do cheat aren’t that stupid that they tell their HC about their activities so
why does he even bother to comment?

Example 1.
I’m a GC in my gal and I also saw all those early Zik attacks coming to collect ships from their farm planets. Then the same farms suddenly sends defence to the planet who the day before robbed him from a major part of his ship……..hum why is that?

I guess I exiled about 15 of those…. And now when I follow up on my previous records I also see that all those early round Zik planets who “attacked” all belongs to EX planets? Sure I can’t prove cheating but….

Example 2
Many of the newcomers who arrived into my Gal never answered ingal msg never turned up on IRC but sure could send defence to today well known EX planets…… Sure I can’t prove cheating but……

Could be that I’m all wrong tho?
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:01   #85
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Example 2
Many of the newcomers who arrived into my Gal never answered ingal msg never turned up on IRC but sure could send defence to today well known EX planets…… Sure I can’t prove cheating but……
That means nothing, loads of people do that
I also exiled a 1up planet this round for doing that that was funny
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:09   #86
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
That means nothing, loads of people do that
I also exiled a 1up planet this round for doing that that was funny
Never reply to ingame mails and send def to people who farm them?
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:12   #87
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Never reply to ingame mails and send def to people who farm them?
Read again
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:12   #88
MacTAnzu

MacTAnzu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Example 1.
I’m a GC in my gal and I also saw all those early Zik attacks coming to collect ships from their farm planets. Then the same farms suddenly sends defence to the planet who the day before robbed him from a major part of his ship……..hum why is that?

I guess I exiled about 15 of those…. And now when I follow up on my previous records I also see that all those early round Zik planets who “attacked” all belongs to EX planets? Sure I can’t prove cheating but….
And SHOCKER to all you with louzy intel around there:
(@Snra): someone might want to mention the fact we started round with 2 ziks
(@Snra): me and figar

So those "loads of ziks" are coming from somewhere else m8
But gg with ur intel again before stating something get ur facts right.
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:14   #89
MacTAnzu

MacTAnzu is an unknown quantity at this point

And btw i'm pretty sure doing like that gets u caught really quickly and snra / figar been on top since round started so i'm 100% sure if they would've done it MH team wouldn't have missed it.

So stop posting on forums without any true intel & facts.
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:16   #90
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

hmm. the VNC problem isn't going to go away. as it's a more or less impossible to prove someone is cheating by vnc usage. perhaps PA team should create an anti cheat proggie?
I mean. other games has it. like CS etc. an installable program perhaps just a java script. that can check for cheating.

else we might just all start using VNC. cuz as I see it. nothing can prove your cheating. VNC server installed and running? not proof. irc logs of you bragging about cheating ? not proof. I mean. only thing that can get you caught now adays must be if you confess to cheating in an ingame PA mail.

this is just stupid. I've always hated cheaters. I mean. what's the f**** poing of playing if you cheat? do you realy feel the joy of winning then? can you actualy say to your self. "YAY. We did it. we're the best"
I think it's more like "hehe, suckers.. fool yah" so if it's the feeling of making a fool of PA that your thing. then I get ya. else your destroying the game you love.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:17   #91
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTAnzu
And btw i'm pretty sure doing like that gets u caught really quickly and snra / figar been on top since round started so i'm 100% sure if they would've done it MH team wouldn't have missed it.

So stop posting on forums without any true intel & facts.
I personally didn't see loads of ziks stealing their ships but I saw them getting farmed by EX. I didn't pay close attention to race
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:17   #92
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

All ill say is......

Round 11 and Round 12 i cant remember an alliance getting accused of mass cheating.....

Round 13 comes and bang bang here we are again, but wait what was new in round 13, oh thats right EXil ((

Notice by the way we have once again returned to block wars?

Dragons just cant get away from old habits :/
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:20   #93
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

it is technically possible to prevent vnc users accessing pa, and I am currently researching the best way to implement this, and whether though technically possible it is feasible for us to implement it

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:22   #94
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
You are TOTALLY wrong.

If someone is cheating, they are a cheat whether caught or not.

If someone murders someone, by your definition, he is not a murderer until caught.
if you cant prove it you cant act on it
or you are punishing people that might just be good players
thats my point

and in most legal systems people are innocent unless you prove they are not
and i get the feeling forest that sometimes you feel your opinion is proof enough

it would not have been the first time you came to the MH team with a claim of some person cheating
we look at it and dont act
why, because they are not cheating
and you wave them to death

we call that a dictatorship mate
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:30   #95
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
hmm. the VNC problem isn't going to go away. as it's a more or less impossible to prove someone is cheating by vnc usage. perhaps PA team should create an anti cheat proggie?
I mean. other games has it. like CS etc. an installable program perhaps just a java script. that can check for cheating.

else we might just all start using VNC. cuz as I see it. nothing can prove your cheating. VNC server installed and running? not proof. irc logs of you bragging about cheating ? not proof. I mean. only thing that can get you caught now adays must be if you confess to cheating in an ingame PA mail.

this is just stupid. I've always hated cheaters. I mean. what's the f**** poing of playing if you cheat? do you realy feel the joy of winning then? can you actualy say to your self. "YAY. We did it. we're the best"
I think it's more like "hehe, suckers.. fool yah" so if it's the feeling of making a fool of PA that your thing. then I get ya. else your destroying the game you love.
I wouldn't mind a proggy like that at all. Call it anti-cheat software or whatever.
I also agree that there is no joy in winning if you haven't earned it. Winning by cheating is just pathetic. If multihunters truly have evidence of anyone cheating, wether that person is in Exilition or wherever, I trust they are doing their job and close that planet. It's just the general witchhunt attitude that is so frustrating. I know so many EX members, myself included, who have never been ldk/dragons in ******** which many seem to judge the whole alliance by.
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:30   #96
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
if you cant prove it you cant act on it
or you are punishing people that might just be good players
thats my point

and in most legal systems people are innocent unless you prove they are not
and i get the feeling forest that sometimes you feel your opinion is proof enough
Dont put words in my mouth.

Your statement was that its only cheating if they get caught. I replied saying they are still cheating whether they get caught or not.

If i log into someone elses account, and u dont catch me, it still makes me a cheat. It just means i havent been caught.
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:31   #97
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
I still have no answer. Can whoever neg repped me for that please tell me why it deserves a neg rep as they didn't leave a comment in the box
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:39   #98
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTAnzu
And SHOCKER to all you with louzy intel around there:
(@Snra): someone might want to mention the fact we started round with 2 ziks
(@Snra): me and figar

So those "loads of ziks" are coming from somewhere else m8
But gg with ur intel again before stating something get ur facts right.

My post is by no means to be treated as Intel only some observations made by me in my own gal or do you have better observations from there then me?
And this far into the round cords is all out anyway

“someone might want to mention the fact we started round with 2 ziks”
but now you have more then 2 so my observations still stands because I never mentioned it occurred the first 200 tic or so.

“So stop posting on forums without any true intel & facts”

Eh, I do post on facts – mine!
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:49   #99
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
perhaps PA team should create an anti cheat proggie?
Isnt that simple im afraid.
CS has it yes, but CS is an executable running on someones computer. Pa is essentially a series of scripts running on another computer ( the game server ).
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:52   #100
electron
electric storm conjurer

electron is on a distinguished road

If the PATeam finds a way to prevent that without the need of an external program to be installed on the player's machine, I think it's good that they do. But on the other hand.. If all players have to install a piece of software to "ensure"[*] they're not cheating, then I'll call PA dead for good. Points:

a) We're not all Windows users - I'm a FreeBSD user and follower myself, and I bet there are more of us, Linux and other OSes users too around. Is the PATeam going to provide us all with ports of that given software?

b) Is the PATeam going to provide tech support to all the users who'll certainly have problems related to this thing?

c) Who said that given software cannot be cracked/tempered?

Finally, whatever the PATeam does to prevent the usage of VNC (and the likes), please do not rely on the possibility of doing a connect() to the ports. If they do that, I'll make sure to be here and prove how easily that can be tricked.

PS: I'm not against the idea of preventing cheating, nor I'm saying the PATeam is not capable of doing it. It's just that I've seen other tick-based developers falling into the mistake of doing a portscan/banner fetching and believing that was enough to "prove" stuff.
Closed Thread