User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Sep 2004, 17:47   #1
jleedham

jleedham is on a distinguished road
******** wtf?

OMG

how is this game still about with out PA/Jolt sueing its ass, i mean all they have done is uploaded a previous version of PA and changed a few names i mean every aspect is the same as PA....

Have You Growled At The Badger Recently?
jleedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 17:52   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: ******** wtf?

haha.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 18:27   #3
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

wtf

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 18:52   #4
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

huh?
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 18:54   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

he could have possibly made it a clever 'joke' by going on how 'omg lol this new pa game is ripping the old pa`s name!oneone' but instead he noobs it by being crap.
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 19:09   #6
jleedham

???

wat i am saying is how is p l a n e t i a still going not sure how that makes me crap? or n00b?

but oh well

Unread 22 Sep 2004, 20:13   #7
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't like it, don't play it.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 20:53   #8
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxard
Don't like it, don't play it.
I wish PA Team would ban you from the forums.

Read what he posted you retard, he was asking why is ******** still around, surely Jolt should have sued it, while I'm sure there's a legal reason why they havn't your moronic comments is hardly needed is it ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 22:56   #9
jerome

you couldve explained better in your first post, jleedham :/ but heh.
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 08:19   #10
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I wish PA Team would ban you from the forums.

Read what he posted you retard, he was asking why is ******** still around, surely Jolt should have sued it, while I'm sure there's a legal reason why they havn't your moronic comments is hardly needed is it ?
No but it does not help when people come on for forums giving negative comments. If you give a short explanation your bound to get a short reply.
" mean all they have done is uploaded a previous version of PA and changed a few names i mean every aspect is the same as PA"
Many would say Planetarion has changed a lot since it was started, a matter of opinion. The concept is the same idea.
If you don’t like a game you don’t play it, or in Planetarions case you post on the suggestion board or discuss with a member of PaTeam. To be very honest when I heard the above quote It looked to me that he was attacking the game (which I am very protective of) Yes I agree with _ryzekiel_ he should of explained it better.
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 09:33   #11
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

he made exactly the same post on the p l a n e t i a forums and the reason (PA/Jolt cant sue p l a n e t i a) was made clear to him, i dont see any reason he had to come to here and make the thread as well

*shrugs*

the reason p l a n e t i a is still around is because it offers an alternative to PA which many ppl have taken up, its sumthing slightly different (and is free)

hope that helps

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 11:10   #12
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleedham
OMG

how is this game still about with out PA/Jolt sueing its ass, i mean all they have done is uploaded a previous version of PA and changed a few names i mean every aspect is the same as PA....
Why do you care so much ? :s

God forbid there to be a free alternative huh ?
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 11:13   #13
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Cheers Ronnie. I understand now.
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 13:37   #14
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ronnie out of Interest, what is the reason they can't sue ? Other than Spanner being too inept to find a lawyer's number.
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 14:51   #15
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Ronnie out of Interest, what is the reason they can't sue ? Other than Spanner being too inept to find a lawyer's number.
Lets go back to the point of the lawsuit shall we ? I doubt they wud get anything from it tbh. ******** is just another game. And it pretty much anhiliates itself with its instability and partially useless admin team. Spending time and money sueing it would be pathetic and a waste of time.
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 17:15   #16
jerome

players are being more or less forced back here because of the reasons Tesla stated anyway:)

hi tesla!
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 20:06   #17
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Is this the whole appointing Killmark a multi hunter or have there been any more comedy mistakes ?
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 20:18   #18
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie
he made exactly the same post on the p l a n e t i a forums and the reason (PA/Jolt cant sue p l a n e t i a) was made clear to him, i dont see any reason he had to come to here and make the thread as well

*shrugs*

the reason p l a n e t i a is still around is because it offers an alternative to PA which many ppl have taken up, its sumthing slightly different (and is free)

hope that helps

It is also a lot less shite

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 20:23   #19
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Is this the whole appointing Killmark a multi hunter or have there been any more comedy mistakes ?
last i heard : They appointed killmark as mh , who was, judging from the forums posts on there ( and you know what forum posts are like ) - heavily biased to one alliance and seemingly did favours . though this was denied ofc by both the alliance and the admins, also by killmark himself
much uproar for a while - then killmark left
later on the admins which were left pinned the blame on him for " things which went wrong" or something like that
also - their servers were up and down for a week or so a lot - i think there were a few rollbacks there
the comedy rollback at tick1 i personally found most amusing
also - quite a long time ago their db was hacked
a while ago dave left them to concentrate on rl or something. i wasnt paying much attention to them.

i aint been around those parts for a while so no idea what calamety has befallen them this time

Edit : it appears the thread explaining the killmark situ on their forums is missing heh.

Last edited by Phil^; 23 Sep 2004 at 20:34.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 20:55   #20
jerome

a quick summary of the rounds of pia since i was around thereabouts.
r6 - lasted 350 or so ticks, db got hacked. claims of it being done by someone from pa team have never really gone away. a one-way round politically anyway.
r6.5 - start of the round was fked up because of rollbacks at shuffle-period because dave didn`t show for when the shuffle was meant to take place. round sucked due to the fact that only 2 alliances played properly. funnily enough, both allied.
r7 - read above. but turned out to be one of the best pa/pia/ss/dom rounds of all-time though. only good round of pia imo :/
r8 - dave quit, start of the round suffered many ****-ups, a whole 20 odd gals managed 'proper starts', round sucked due to politics, one block pwned rest as they basically were crap.
r8.5 - 54 tick+- round, db/server whatever crashed. round ended. 2 month break.
r9 - almost down more than it`s up basically. They tried to hide this by clearing up the 'Announcement' forums. It has also gone on for a good fortnight or so, more than it should have because 2 of their main admins disappeared. Their admins are also fairly incompetant who do their best to ignore their community apart from close friends ofc, and close any sort of criticism regardless whether it`s constructive or not on the forums, etc. Furthermore, none of the actual admins have much clue of the game playing at the 'higher echelons'.

Last edited by _ryzekiel_; 23 Sep 2004 at 21:03.
Unread 24 Sep 2004, 00:38   #21
jleedham

well basically i didnt look on the p l a n e t i a forums as i only went there to check it out basically like someone else said i dont really understand how it still manages to be out there purely as it is not even a differnt take on a similar game or anything it is actually a copy in all respects of previous version but oh well not like i care just wondering esp when PA itself is suffering in terms of numbers in comparison to previuos rounds