User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 26 Jul 2010, 19:28   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Dear Jagex

<3 hideo
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 19:29   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dear Jagex

?
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 19:32   #3
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Guess we know why zpeti has been so quiet! Unloading the nightmare.
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 19:45   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Bet he got a good profit out of it - for doing bugger all... some ppl
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 19:47   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Why do I feel like im playing a game that can best be called second hand merchandise?
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 19:49   #6
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Is that it? i was expecting some amazing stuff from you Kargool - u dissapoint me
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 20:01   #7
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

o.O new owner yay

will appocomaster be payed now ?

will credits get more expensive ?

will the round start like planned ?

will anything change ?

so many questions, and all i read is:

PA sold, moving to super servers, new vision of pa bla bla bla

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 20:03   #8
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help but feel a little responsible for zPeti's desire to offload the game.

Oh, and hello new PA owners - I'll try and be nicer to you guys!

(PS Kaiba: your posts in this thread have been shit, and totally unworthy of what is set to be a great future with Planetarion and Jagex)

(PPS Spinner: don't worry, we'll still play your game, as it will still be better than Planetarion)
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 20:06   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just like last time, I'm cautiously optimistic.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 20:09   #10
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

mz you'll never learn
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 20:19   #11
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
same here ... I can only hope the new owners make progress where their predecessors have failed.
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 20:21   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
o.O new owner yay

will appocomaster be payed now ?

will credits get more expensive ?

will the round start like planned ?

will anything change ?

so many questions, and all i read is:

PA sold, moving to super servers, new vision of pa bla bla bla
deja vu anyone

i'll reserve making a judgement on the new owners until after the next rd

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 21:02   #13
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Shit happens, and then you play PA
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 21:38   #14
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Perhaps it could be an idea to check out there other games?

http://www.jagex.com/
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 22:11   #15
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Well best would be to spend some money on active coder team... and this can be current one aswell, aslong as u arrange them time and money PA has strong enough name to attract people aslong as there is something to offer them.
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 22:13   #16
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Jagex.

Ignore Kennys and Kargools forum posts, they like to troll owners and then complain when owners ignore there troll posts.

PA only needs 2 things
1: an active coder (The current PA Team do there best but there volunteers and dont have anywhere near enough time to actually implement changes, you cannot rely on them to create growth in Planetarion).
2: A Game Designer, Planetarion has gone afew years now without any sort of proper design and it shows. We've got bits implemented in the game which are unfinished and no clear view of where they're headed (population) and we've current got major problems as far as the new player experience especially as far as first impressions goes, The closest thing to describe PA's learning curve would be Eve online before there recent 'signup' changes. You need someone to come in and plan the direction YOU want planetarion to go, the community cannot be trusted to give you a viewpoint on where PA should go.

o and any change you implement to the gameplay of Planetarion will result in a massive outcry on the forums, It will either be making the game too casual or be making the game worse for new players but be aware that Planetarion need change, its been stagnant for ages now (but im fairly sure the vast majority of the community would just be happy with any gameplay change).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 26 Jul 2010 at 22:21.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 22:15   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Is that it? i was expecting some amazing stuff from you Kargool - u dissapoint me
I am as many others have said sceptical, I've said it before and I have said it again, as many others, we've been shafted so many times and been fooled by so many people who really did not put the time, or the effort into the game.

I'm happy to wait and see for a few weeks to see what is going to happen, but unless some people follow the advice Spinner gave here im just going to assume that these guys need us to get some money into their coffers as all the previous owners have.
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 22:20   #18
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

for jagex to make a worthwhile amount of money, relative to their current size, they will have to bring in alot more players. imo, if their only plan is to make money fine, cos it means they will have to get more players here somehow and that is, by far, the thing PA lacks most of all.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 04:17   #19
Pug

Pug can only hope to improve

I hardly think they have aquired PA as a cash cow when they had a networth of £32 million in 2006.

Seems like loose change not worth their time.
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 05:20   #20
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Did Zpeti sell the Passport System with PA... the one he said was ready and just needed to be implemented.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 05:50   #21
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
When zPeti came along, a lot of community members invested a lot of time into giving him their own opinions and suggestions. There was optimism. He then galantly took a big dump in all of their faces by making a lot of empty promises, and going into hiding. It pissed me off that when the community in all invested what must have been hundres of man-hours, the game is left virtually unchanged.

New ownership will be interesting to see, but i hope they won't make the same mistakes that zPeti made. One can only hope that they do proper research and maybe even read some of the older forum threads here, which contains loads of great ideas.

I can see why it's easy for many people to prejudge, but i think that cautiously optimistic is the best state of mind to have. And also, it is more productive.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 07:55   #22
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

i read on #planetarion said by Adastra i think

PA has had more pimps than a Las Vegas whore !

Well said and very true, Jagex certainly dont need us for money spinning, so lets just hope and pray they want us as an investment into a different type of game in their portfolio .#

Call me mildly hopefull that were not going to get shafted and then sold on yet again.

But lets just give Zpeti some credit - we were slightly his cash cow, but he did bail us out and despite some rather dubious servers at one point, its kept the game going just about, so lets just give him a cheerfull wave goodbye and sigh with relief a little.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 09:25   #23
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

I almost feel sorry for them, actually.
I know what we had agreed to pay for PA, before zPeti suddenly decided to go back on the whole thing and triple the price, so I have a feeling I have an idea what Jagex had to pay.
Anyway, the good thing here is that Jagex is a serious and big company who do not make decisions based on a whim. They also have about 100 developers (!) so there should be plenty of doing-power here.
They also have a structured setup, a broad and professional support-department.

That said, Planetarion is very different from anything they have ever touched. The same can be said about the community, it is one of the most hardcore communities in the business. I fear it is too late now, of course, but I truly wish them all the best onwards. I certainly hope they will use their marketing-opportunities to make Planetarion grow, as soon as the game itself is ready and capable to handle a lot of new players.

Cheers, Jagex, and good luck. Take good care of Planetarion for me, and don't forget to give me a call when you've had it.

Spinner
- Original Planetarion Creator
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 09:33   #24
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I almost feel sorry for them, actually.
I know what we had agreed to pay for PA, before zPeti suddenly decided to go back on the whole thing and triple the price, so I have a feeling I have an idea what Jagex had to pay.
You should have come to the community and asked for donations That being said, I have no idea what retarded amounts zpeti would demand for a more or less dead game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Cheers, Jagex, and good luck. Take good care of Planetarion for me, and don't forget to give me a call when you've had it.

Spinner
- Original Planetarion Creator
If you got PA back, would you then run 2 sci fi browser games? or change the name of your new one to Planetarion?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 13:07   #25
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point

I bid Jagex all the best in the world, from reading the various posts here, the community could to with some notion of realistically founded 'hope'.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 14:05   #26
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
You should have come to the community and asked for donations That being said, I have no idea what retarded amounts zpeti would demand for a more or less dead game...

If you got PA back, would you then run 2 sci fi browser games? or change the name of your new one to Planetarion?
1: At that point, I was pissed off and didn't want to do business with that kind of "professional" people. There is no way my principals would allow me to agree to the suddenly new price.

2: I'd run PA side-by-side, but I'd change it a bit first. Chuck in a few months dedicated development, then run it along with ManagerLeague while developing the new one.

Not going to happen anyway now, is it Maybe it's for the best, maybe some healthy competition is exactly what we need in this corner of the universe!
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 14:32   #27
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I have to admit this zPeti person does feel like a true biz prof. He might have a career at the Giant Vampire Squid when he grows a bit more balls.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 14:59   #28
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagex CEO on the portal
We want to work to improve the game and will work with the PA Team and community to create a vision for Planetarion. In other words, we want to work with you to evolve the game as well as make a sequel and we are really keen for your feedback and input on how to go about this. We know that you are all passionate about Planetarion and we want to give the game some real support.
I wish you guys the best of luck and hope we finally get an owner that actually keeps the promises they make

Ps: checked out some of their games and they seem to be quite decent.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2010, 11:07   #29
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Can we now go back to the old logo?

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4055/palogo.png

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 18:18   #30
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I only just noticed JageX bought up PA. I used to play Runescape and Planetarion a few years ago, infact both would be my favourite browser games although I certainly don't play RS any more and only occasionally play PA. However I'm actually filled with optimism for once on the occasion of PA being sold. This time it's been sold to game developers who I've known and followed for several years - I'm just hoping they put the effort in no-one else has been willing to do.

Runescape was ruined by it's popularity for me. The great thing is, I don't see that ever happening for PA
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 08:59   #31
tobyy

tobyy is an unknown quantity at this point

i still don't understand why nobody has made pa with with facebook!
surely that is were the money is!!!!
tobyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 10:53   #32
t3k
The Video Guy

maybe if you did a search on other discussions involving facebook, and all the pro's and con's that went along with such a move, you wouldn't lack understanding.