User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 May 2006, 13:46   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Personal music "links"

Ages ago when I bothered revising, there was an argument about if listening to music while revising distracted you or helped you to remember.

I've noticed that for no apparent reason, certain songs make me think of certain things.
Rob D's "Clubbed to Death" and the Matrix is fairly obvious and doesn't count, and the same with "U Can't Touch This" and Cameron Diaz's ass (via Charlies Angels).

However, when I play certain games with cds going for some reason they link - embarassingly enough, Extreme G (N64 Game) and "Spice up your life" (luckily I don't encounter either much these days). Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) and Act 2 of Diablo II: LoD is a weird link, but that song always seemed to be playing as I was being pelted with fire arrows.

Does anyone else have any random links? [I think this proves conclusively that the music/revision link does work, even if it's sometimes a bit random]
Unread 23 May 2006, 13:49   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Personal music "links"

Fun Lovin Criminals reminds me of playing monopoly...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 13:52   #3
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Everytime I listen to Travis - The Man Who, I think about playing Harvest Moon 2 on the Game Boy
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 13:54   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh once I had "I've got something to put in you" in my head when I was sleeping with a girl a couple of years ago.
It reminds me of that time whenever I hear it.

Although the next line always seemed to ruin the image

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 23 May 2006, 13:57   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You might end up with a blair/bush link with that girl
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:08   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I use songs as alarm tones on my phone sometimes. So any time i hear the first few bars of "the happy goth" by divine comedy, or "tonight tonight" by the smashing pumpkins i sit up sharp and my eyes go all wide with terror

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:11   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
I use songs as alarm tones on my phone sometimes. So any time i hear the first few bars of "the happy goth" by divine comedy, or "tonight tonight" by the smashing pumpkins i sit up sharp and my eyes go all wide with terror
I wake up to rapper's delight every morning. I associate the hellmarch from Red Alert with Rome Total War after I left it on repeat and played rtw for nine straight hours when I first bought the game.
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:14   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I wake up to rapper's delight every morning. I associate the hellmarch from Red Alert with Rome Total War after I left it on repeat and played rtw for nine straight hours when I first bought the game.
Sometimes it feels like rapper's delight goes on for 9 hours - it just keeps going and going and going. They could use it for some sort of duracell bunny advert.
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:16   #9
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

/sigh
yeah there is a certain song, which reminds me on a very special girl...

nothing more to say
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:17   #10
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by sale
/sigh
yeah there is a certain song, which reminds me on a very special girl...

nothing more to say
"hotdog in the hallway" by NOFX

amirite?

Unread 23 May 2006, 14:23   #11
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to just use music to blank out anything else that might distract me. It works well unless I listen to something I'm not very familiar with..

Actually thinking about the music surely is a distraction horn Having 'Pass the dutchie' in my head didn't help me much in my exam this morning. It was fun, though.
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:27   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

hahahaha
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1123583541
One of the better duracell adverts, possibly.
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:37   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Brand New's "The Quiet Things That No-One Ever Knows" always reminds me of playing Poker online.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:41   #14
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

When I played in a covers band there was a good few song that we did do differently from the orginal...

A jazzed up verson of stand by me
A rocked up verson of How soon is now
A parody of whisky in the jar "whiskey with my giro"

Ah memories

Heavy metal/Rock for playing PA always great for planning attacks and def etc.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:46   #15
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
"hotdog in the hallway" by NOFX

amirite?

heh
but i think nearly everybody has such a song...
sale is offline   Reply With Quote