User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 02:45   #1
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough
Mta

Stands for Multi Theft Auto.

'tis much fun, as is an online version of San Andreas (albeit only the racing part for now)

Any of you ever played it? You will need th full game, and a mod to replace the .exe but its simple stuff and muchly worth it.

Cept those damn planes!!!

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 03:21   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Mta

You are a highly welcome contribution to these forums, and I'm sure there are a fair number of rocks lying around, whose fundaments could benefit from your cheerful presence.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 03:59   #3
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

The original GTA did multiplayer too. You're so 1998.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 04:36   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

IT'S A SPAMMER!!! BAN IT!
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 12:57   #5
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
You are a highly welcome contribution to these forums, and I'm sure there are a fair number of rocks lying around, whose fundaments could benefit from your cheerful presence.
Theres a fair number of rocks that would do a better job inside your skull by the sounds of it.

How is this neccesary? What was the point Leshy? Sh*ts and giggles? My contribution is to start a discussion, yours is to stifle it...who is a more worthwhile contributor in this instance

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 12:58   #6
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
The original GTA did multiplayer too. You're so 1998.
I would imagine that this is possibly the closest I'm going to get to a discussion.

Go play GTA1 again. And then play San Andreas.

Notice anything different??

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 12:59   #7
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
IT'S A SPAMMER!!! BAN IT!
8676 posts eh?

My my...and we're they all so enlightening?

I would say it is obvious who the spammer is Dace.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 13:20   #8
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sorry for this off-topic post mr. Furious but I thought I'd give a little help when posting on GD:

1. Don't be offended so easily.
2. We've had a fair few advertising spam bots over the last year and if your original post in this thread had been your first ever post on these forums I would have thought you were an advertising spam bot too. (explaining Dace's reply)
3. Give a bit more information in your first post please. If noone on here has played it then it's a bit of a conversation stopper.

I've not heard of MTA actually so a bit more of a review would be handy, or a link to a review online elsewhere.

I hope this is a nice enough response that will enable your GD experience to be much more friendly in future

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 13:30   #9
Furious
SpamBot

Thanks for the advice.

I dont know whether to be offended or not, for people to assume im a spam bot, but yeh i see the point...no im not on commision for this game, i enjoy it and thats it.

As for a review, there isnt much really as its a fairly new project. There are some comments here: http://www.download.com/Grand-Theft-...-10494652.html but apart from that its all a case of enjoying this mod and then waiting for the full game mod to come out (which i think is heading to be clan wars over the different territories, king of the hill style)
Can be a tad glitchy, but there are some really ingenius tracks (down a bobsleigh run in a dinghy anyone?). There are only two worthwhile servers though, for UK...not sure for the rest of you. If you already have GTA then its a fine addition, if not then its perhaps better to wait for the full multiplayer mod to kick off, as that may be some time away.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 13:51   #10
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As one of the GD mods, I'd like to confirm Ste's comments and to request you stop being nasty to Leshy, as he's a delicate little chap who tends to cry if you say anything nasty to him, especially if it in any way detracts from the godly oh my goodness it's so lovely piece of software that is Opera.

Other than that, I was going to ban you for advertising, but I'd have to check if Jolt supports this mod, if they do, then anything goes and we're all on the same side/team/goat.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 13:55   #11
Furious
SpamBot

wtf is opera?

And do jolt support it?

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 13:59   #12
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Opera is a way of singing, n00b

I don't know about Jolt's support, but my Richard Scary's First Book of Moderating GD says you have 24 hours to find out before I ban you for advertising.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:26   #13
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Opera is a way of singing, n00b

I don't know about Jolt's support, but my Richard Scary's First Book of Moderating GD says you have 24 hours to find out before I ban you for advertising.
Does a simple modding team have an advertising budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
1. Don't be offended so easily.
Back to this point, im finding it hard to not be offended with such hostility to new users. I mean, if you lot are happy to keep the core users...losing one or two every few weeks to rl (remember that? try walking up to soemone on the street and being so hostile!) then fair enough. I aint here to take sh*t.

ofc the alternative is that you simply do your job and look at my post history, which will confirm that i enjoy playing PA, and have had many constructive contributions, which differentiates me from an ad spammer. Is it such a shock to have a seperate interest to PA in the gaming world, and wanting to share that with the community?

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:01   #14
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious
Back to this point, im finding it hard to not be offended with such hostility to new users. I mean, if you lot are happy to keep the core users...losing one or two every few weeks to rl (remember that? try walking up to soemone on the street and being so hostile!) then fair enough. I aint here to take sh*t.

ofc the alternative is that you simply do your job and look at my post history, which will confirm that i enjoy playing PA, and have had many constructive contributions, which differentiates me from an ad spammer. Is it such a shock to have a seperate interest to PA in the gaming world, and wanting to share that with the community?
The community on here has developed over a few years and most of us don't play PA any more.

To become part of any forum on the Internet it's usually a good idea to lurk a bit and find out what the general atmosphere of the forum is before launching yourself full out into the community without understanding if there are any unwritten rules etc.

Part of territory of GD is that everyone gets insulted, the ones that overreact will just get insulted more until they burst a blood vessel or leave.
We don't want overly sensitive, easily offended types on here.
Those that roll with the punches, know when to give up and generally see the funny side of everything, fit in a lot better than those who complain about the neg rep they get, cry when they get the piss taken out of them and don't know how to take a joke.

It's not being hostile, it's being the same to everyone - regulars and newcomers.

Post some decent threads that encourage discussion (that haven't already been done to death), get involved in existing discussions and provide some amusing material and very soon you'll have a string of green blobs as long as anybodies

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:13   #15
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
Does a simple modding team have an advertising budget.
This sin't some 'Johnny come lightly' modding team. Jolt provide us with offices, desks, phones, everything we need (inclduing paper clips) in order to keep their paying customers happy with the state of the PA forums as well as those of other communities.

Richard Scary has written a whole host of different books on a variety of topics, ranging from basic transportation to advanced Internet techniques and guidelines.
Think of him as the creator of the 'Idiot's Guide to...' except with a different name.

We're very lucky to have Richard as a sponsor and advisor to these forums. Without his guidance, we'd be in a right old mess.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:50   #16
Furious
SpamBot

Whilst that is truly wonderful, as you can never have too many paperclips i was referring to the modding team for MTA.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:51   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Go play GTA1 again. And then play San Andreas.

Notice anything different??
Yes, GTA1 is a lot more fun. The GTA series has been getting worse and worse.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:52   #18
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste

Part of territory of GD is that everyone gets insulted, the ones that overreact will just get insulted more until they burst a blood vessel or leave.
I dont consider myself easily offended, merely "principled".
Its interesting to see the PD side of things begging for new blood, whereas GD laugh it off.

Or maybe its more of a vicious circle.

If i dont bitch and whine about being bitched and whined about then maybe nobody has anything to bitch and whine about.

Bitch and whine...wasnt that Cliff Richard???

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:54   #19
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Yes, GTA1 is a lot more fun. The GTA series has been getting worse and worse.

I need to dig out GTA1 i think. Im sure i remember a game promoted on its controversy rather than any semblance of decent gameplay.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:58   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I need to dig out GTA1 i think. Im sure i remember a game promoted on its controversy rather than any semblance of decent gameplay.
It's a little top down freeform piece of nonsense, but it's superior to GTA:SA. San Andreas has some of the worst missions of the series for the "random death near the end of a long boring sequence" problem, coupled with the fact that at least in the other ones you can generally steal something decent early on. If I'm going to treat the game as a sandbox, then I want a decent car to tear about the town with. Or one of the superbikes from Vice City. If I wanted to tear around a town in a 1980's piece of crap then I could do that in real life. Plus the control system is nonsense, and "creating a world in which you can do anything you like" does not mean "create a ****load of annoying minigames".
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:00   #21
Furious
SpamBot

But what about the advancements? Graphics, Storytelling, Planes!!!

And dont forget the legend that is, ...Mr Sammy L himself

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:05   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
But what about the advancements? Graphics, Storytelling, Planes!!!
If you play the GTA games for storytelling, you're wrong in the head, and improved graphics are nice but only really necessary when they solve a technical limitation on the ability of the game to model certain situations, or provide a limit to immersion. For example, the technological improvements from Half Life to Half Life 2 were important, as they provided increased realism in, say, the faces of people around you, not to mention the improved interactivity from the Havok engine. Quake II to Quake IV was less notable, as in that improved explosions were just for improved explosions' sake.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:13   #23
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
If you play the GTA games for storytelling, you're wrong in the head
I don't accept that as any form of reasonable point. Why am i wrong in the head? It was an excellent script that i, and millions others enjoyed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL JaKiri
improved graphics are nice but only really necessary when they solve a technical limitation on the ability of the game to model certain situations
for example the flying parts

Quote:
he technological improvements from Half Life to Half Life 2 were important, as they provided increased realism
As did the leap to 3D, you were in the action therefore more immersed within the gameplay

Quote:
improved explosions were just for improved explosions' sake.
They were lovely explosions though...well worth the £39.99

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:43   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I don't accept that as any form of reasonable point. Why am i wrong in the head? It was an excellent script that i, and millions others enjoyed!
An act of standup comedy can have a good script, it doesn't mean it has a good, or any, storyline. Do try to actually reply to what was being said.

Quote:
for example the flying parts
The flying parts which are widely regarded as annoying, and possessing an irritating control system? I don't think the ability to fly an annoying helicopter or plane to be much of an upside compared to, say, the poor control mechanism or other such annoying nonsenses that were introduced.

Quote:
As did the leap to 3D, you were in the action therefore more immersed within the gameplay
Once again, potentially, yes. But I find the third person/cutscene dynamic which is used within the GTA3 series to be much more hazardous to immersion than was obviously prepared for. An attempt is made at immersion, and it falls flat;

Quote:
They were lovely explosions though...well worth the £39.99
If I'm going to throw money away, I'd rather do it on things which weren't so objectionable in between said explosions. Die Hard III, for instance.

As an aside, I checked on Amazon for Quake IV a few moments ago. The Special Edition, £49.99, is being sold for £9.99. Oh dear.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:44   #25
Littlebert

Littlebert has a little shameless behaviour in the past

tis a great mod have played it and love it.. i think everyone in here needs to lighten up a bit!!!
Littlebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:46   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebert
tis a great mod have played it and love it.. i think everyone in here needs to lighten up a bit!!!
The chance of this account having the same IP address as Mr Furious is probably quite large.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:47   #27
Littlebert

Littlebert has a little shameless behaviour in the past

no...you're wrong.. see what i mean!!!
Littlebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:48   #28
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
The chance of this account having the same IP address as Mr Furious is probably quite large.
Please do check the IP address.

He is a mate who plays MTA as well, saw me gettin flamed every which way and decided to help me out in his own special way

What are buddies for eh??!

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:27   #29
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
An act of standup comedy can have a good script, it doesn't mean it has a good, or any, storyline. Do try to actually reply to what was being said.
You aint getting me on a technicality matey...Script leads to storyline therefore for GTA:SA to have a good storyline, it needed a good script. YOU are the one that doesnt seem to be replying.
Again: Why am i wrong in the head for enjoying the good script/story that...again countless others enjoyed

Quote:
The flying parts which are widely regarded as annoying, and possessing an irritating control system? I don't think the ability to fly an annoying helicopter or plane to be much of an upside compared to, say, the poor control mechanism or other such annoying nonsenses that were introduced.
The control system is intuitive and very responsive, to the point that it has spawned a racing game mod (!) My only gripe would be with certain camera angles, but with it being free-look anyway for the most part this doesnt matter. Additionally the flying sections are realistic more than anything, Beginners get pwnd, however practice and you become a good pilot. Theres even a flying school to improve your skills ffs!

Quote:
Once again, potentially, yes. But I find the third person/cutscene dynamic which is used within the GTA3 series to be much more hazardous to immersion than was obviously prepared for. An attempt is made at immersion, and it falls flat;
You are either referring to a very insignificant part of the game, i.e. the transition between cutscene and game. Or you are generalising across the whole gameworld, if that is the case then i see that "proplem" persist in most 3D games, which would leave you playing..............frogger.
I cant respect the opinion of someone who plays Frogger.

Quote:
If I'm going to throw money away, I'd rather do it on things which weren't so objectionable in between said explosions. Die Hard III, for instance. As an aside, I checked on Amazon for Quake IV a few moments ago. The Special Edition, £49.99, is being sold for £9.99. Oh dear.
I prefer UT anyway...and am eagerly awaiting UT 07. Im sure littlebert is more than willing to defend the Quake series, what with the numerous UT Vs Quake discussions we've had.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:33   #30
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

Quote:

What are buddies for eh??!
making retarded posts supporting you and costing you the little bit of credibility you had...
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:38   #31
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Slayer
making retarded posts supporting you and costing you the little bit of credibility you had...
Can i assume you are referring to the person that agrees with my side of the discussion? How would having someone agree with me cost me any sort of credibility. More to the point....does this credibility in any way allow me to execute my arguments better? If not then im really not too bothered.

The fact that you refer to the post as retarded....well there is a view expressed in said post (on a board designed for that same purpose). Therefore your own post is infinitly more pointless, and dare i say retarded in its own sense.

But i suppose its all just an opinion eh AnotherSlayer?

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:44   #32
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The flying parts which are widely regarded as annoying, and possessing an irritating control system?
Widely regarded? Who by? The only time I looked at reviews and things for the game was before and just after it came out while I was still playing it, they all seemed to like it. Most people I know who played the game enjoyed it too.

I also liked it, although it took a while to actually get good at it, I had a ridiculous amount of free time then and it was enjoyable effort. I also never found the control system irritating.

You expressing your opinion about a game is all fine and dandy and enjoyable to read, but the "widely regarded" bit certainly made me
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:50   #33
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like how people like Mark express their opinions as if it's the objective view of the whole forums it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

And by the way GTA1 was all well and good 8 or so years ago but it's actually pretty crap now. I played it recently and got bored within about 20 minutes. Admittedly I haven't played the multiplayer since I was 15 or so though, so maybe it's really really amazing and I'm being terribly unfair to it.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:54   #34
Furious
SpamBot

Was i arguing with a leper or something?

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:55   #35
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It happens to the best of us.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:00   #36
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Script leads to storyline therefore for GTA:SA to have a good storyline, it needed a good script.
they are two completely different things. It would be like saying a film starring a good actor makes it a good film. A good performance can make a bad film seem not too terrible and a bad performance can ruin a potentially good film.

A good actor does not make a good film. A good script does not make a good storyline.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:00   #37
Furious
SpamBot

Burst my bubble....

Either way I am a bot, i have visited numerous forums today and i cant understand why the good people at http://www.equestrianpages.com/forum are now ripping it around the streets of San Andreas blowing holy hell out of each other whilst the war mongering PA bunch are piffling over the graphical excellence of Quake 2, how to fly a plane, and a 10 year old multiplayer.

Amazing.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:02   #38
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
they are two completely different things. It would be like saying a film starring a good actor makes it a good film. A good performance can make a bad film seem not too terrible and a bad performance can ruin a potentially good film.

A good actor does not make a good film. A good script does not make a good storyline.

Ok...rather than edit my original post to say "storyline" ill leave it at script. I meant storyline, i typo'd, k?

I do however think both the script and storyline for GTA:SA are excellent

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:17   #39
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
It happens to the best of us.
how would you know?

This thread has no value. It will serve no greater purpose to embarrass furious IF he ever becomes a good poster. As an act of mercy it ought to be closed.

GD is one of the most meritocratic societies in the world. We can all see if he fits in without allowing him to make a complete tit of himself in a pointless thread.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:25   #40
Furious
SpamBot

Hold right up sonny.

Who are you to decide whether the thread has value?

I was having a great discussion with MrL_JaKiri before he/she/it b*ggered off.

To return: the point of the thread is to spread awareness of MTA, and perhaps get someone to play it agaisnt me!

Now thats done (as im sure ive assualted your senses long enough with what I would believe to be valauble) then sure, close, bin, burn thread to hearts content!

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:26   #41
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Ok...rather than edit my original post to say "storyline" ill leave it at script. I meant storyline, i typo'd, k?
Not really, no. I now have no idea what you are on about.

I challenged your statment that good script=good storyline. I was not making a direct statement towards the game. I was referring to your incorrect assumption.

I do however think both the script and storyline for GTA:SA are excellent[/quote]

this could be true, but has nothing to do with what I said.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:35   #42
Furious
SpamBot

A good script will equate to a good storyline. You do need a good script for a good story.

Your earlier analagy compared two very different things:

Actor to Storyline
Script to Storyline

An Actor can play with the script to achieve a better or worse storyline (ad lib/quality of acting) Therefore actor is a variable over the base of the storyline, which is the script.

Without a good script, it would take one hell of an actor to make a good story.

And, to finish as my original comments were centered around a medium that features only voice actors there is only so much variation that can be in effect when the form of acting has been limited to oratory.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:36   #43
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
Hold right up sonny.

Who are you to decide whether the thread has value?

I was having a great discussion with MrL_JaKiri before he/she/it b*ggered off.
You don't have a discussion per se with MrL, you have a series of replies with him where your belief in what you were saying gradually decreases until he either dismisses everything you say as 'wrong' or simply changes the subject.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:37   #44
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
You don't have a discussion per se with MrL, you have a series of replies with him where your belief in what you were saying gradually decreases until he either dismisses everything you say as 'wrong' or simply changes the subject.

I think the skill he brings then is that it very much feels like a discussion.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:42   #45
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

It feels like a discussion because it's the first time you've talked to him. Wait until you go through the same process a few times and then see how 'enjoyable' your discussion is then...

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:44   #46
Furious
SpamBot

personally this whole thread is very enjoyable to me! I dont think other contributers are quite getting the same smug sense of achievement though.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:48   #47
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Can i assume you are referring to the person that agrees with my side of the discussion?
Yes i was referring to the guy you called "a mate" i thought that was fairly obvious

Quote:
How would having someone agree with me cost me any sort of credibility. More to the point....does this credibility in any way allow me to execute my arguments better? If not then im really not too bothered.
well yes, you started this thread offering your opinion on a game modification, seeing as it is your opinion that is under debate, your credibility is going come into it.

Quote:
The fact that you refer to the post as retarded....well there is a view expressed in said post (on a board designed for that same purpose). Therefore your own post is infinitly more pointless, and dare i say retarded in its own sense.

But i suppose its all just an opinion eh AnotherSlayer?
well you asked a question (perhaps a hypothetical one), "what are buddies for" and I answered it.. so you could consider my reply to have "a point"

your "buddy" simply made a statement agreeing with you, and not really making any sort of interesting argument or actuall commentary on the game itself, so is in a way you could say it was "Quite pointless"
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:48   #48
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
A good script will equate to a good storyline.
Tip for surving on GD #138
"Choose your words with care"
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:53   #49
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Slayer
Yes i was referring to the guy you called "a mate" i thought that was fairly obvious

well yes, you started this thread offering your opinion on a game modification, seeing as it is your opinion that is under debate, your credibility is going come into it.

well you asked a question (perhaps a hypothetical one), "what are buddies for" and I answered it.. so you could consider my reply to have "a point"

your "buddy" simply made a statement agreeing with you, and not really making any sort of interesting argument or actuall commentary on the game itself, so is in a way you could say it was "Quite pointless"
Like i say...its all opinion. The only noteable thing you say is to question my credibility. Ive been on these boards 5minutes my friend, its good that you already view me as credible.

Im truly touched.

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 18:53   #50
All Systems Go

Quote:
A good script will equate to a good storyline. You do need a good script for a good story.
story line 
2. a detailed description of the plot of a motion picture, TV series, etc., for use by writers, producers, prospective investors, or the like: The story line runs to 125 pages.

script
2. a manuscript or document.
3. the text of a manuscript or document.
4. the manuscript or one of various copies of the written text of a play, motion picture, or radio or television broadcast

the plot (i.e. the storyline) and the words spoken by the characters (i.e. the script) are separate things. One can be good and one can be awful. A good storyline does not necessarily prevent the script from being cheesy and bland. Just as well written dialogue does not make a plot any better. It can make it a bit more tolerable but that's about it.)