User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 May 2003, 19:23   #1
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Angry I really think it would be better for the rest of the universe if we became extinct

Isn't this at all contradictary to the THOUSANDS of UNFLAWED studies that say MMR is relitively safe.

I can see tommorrow's Daily Mail's front page already.

I think the should inherit the Earth...
Unread 20 May 2003, 23:33   #2
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
lightening bolt +1
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 23:37   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
havent you heard?

we are all gonna die anyway
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 23:51   #4
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
One day this* will all be gone.

* and that
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 07:57   #5
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
133 developed some problems, but 350 caught measles. wow, lets stop vaccines and have a massive outbreak of measles instead \o/

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 09:00   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I think the title of this thread is a bit of an exaggeration.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 09:44   #7
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts
I'm not remotely sure what the business about the MMR jab being related to autism is about. I think the whole business about the MMR triple vaccine "giving" people autism is tribute to people's lack of understanding about what autism actually is. It seems to imply that autism is

a) By definition a bad thing; and

b) Something you can contract, like HIV, as opposed to something you're just born with, and are stuck with for the whole of the rest of your life, and should feel proud of because of the unique and interesting set of traits it gives you.

I would disagree with all the strength and vehemence I possess on the first point, and laugh at the second, because it is literally untrue.

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 09:51   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by General Geiger
I'm not remotely sure what the business about the MMR jab being related to autism is about. I think the whole business about the MMR triple vaccine "giving" people autism is tribute to people's lack of understanding about what autism actually is. It seems to imply that autism is

b) Something you can contract, like HIV, as opposed to something you're just born with, and are stuck with for the whole of the rest of your life, and should feel proud of because of the unique and interesting set of traits it gives you.
Autism has many levels of severity, though to be honest I would rather not have it than have it, as cool at it would be to factor huge numbers in my head and remember pi to a hundred million decimal places. the suggestion that the MMR jab causes Autism does not imply that it is something you can contract like HIV at all, simply that injecting the MMR stuff into you can lead to alteration of the brain's functioning which can in itself lead to autism.

Unread 21 May 2003, 10:04   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So hang on 'just a ****ing second'.

Twenty-five million children are given MMR. One-hundred and thirty-three 'get' an neurological disorder.

That's 0.000532%.

And we ****ing care? I'd have money on more people having been killed in car accidents as a result of falling asleep at the wheel as a result of the Flu vaccine than that.

Fs.
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:14   #10
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo

Twenty-five million children are given MMR. One-hundred and thirty-three 'get' an neurological disorder.

That's 0.000532%.

And we ****ing care? I'd have money on more people having been killed in car accidents as a result of falling asleep at the wheel as a result of the Flu vaccine than that.

Fs.
there's nothing like a poorly educated public egged on by a sensationalism driven media.

Unread 21 May 2003, 10:20   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by General Geiger

I would disagree with all the strength and vehemence I possess on the first point, and laugh at the second, because it is literally untrue.
Autism is a good thing? That's news to me.

While we're at it let's make it a law that only women over 40 are allowed to have kids. That way we'll have more kids with Downs Syndrome out there.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 13:45   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo

That's 0.000532%.

Fs.
Haven't you heard? Statistical significance is now commonly put at 0.0005%, not 5% of yore.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:05   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Haven't you heard? Statistical significance is now commonly put at 0.0005%, not 5% of yore.
See?

I've always blamed anal statisticians for everything but noone believed me, oh no.

Now they do.

Oh yes.