User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Nov 2002, 02:24   #1
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
You gotta love this country (Ireland)

Hmmmm...

Well,I thought I'd make this thread just for a little rant and to maybe clear up any misconceptions anyone might have about Ireland.

Alot of people I've met and talked to from oversea's and on the net seem to think that ireland is a nice place. Quiet,relaxed,prosperous.

Well most ppl who live here know different and now we have a glut of revelations in the media here to prove it (like we needed proof).

Well let's start the fun summing up of god 'ol Éire with the police force here or Gardaí as we call 'em...

Now for ages we've all known the cops are corrupt as fk.Hell what country has cops that arent to some extent.

Seven cop's in dublin are facing assault charges after beating the living crap out of protestors last may. They beat a bunch of hippie-esque ppl for no good reason other than they wanted to and that would have been fine by the HQ only it was all caught on tape and shown on the national news.
Snippet of Info

This is petty by comparison with the next stuff...

Also here at the moment we have a large inquiry into the actions of just one county's police force,in donegal,which has now revealed that the police there planted arm's and explosives on people's farms and in their houses so they could arrest them and gain promotions and privalages...
Set up and got false convictions against a family they bore a grudge against including a conviction for the murder of a man they found on a country road with head injuries.

It now seems that the cops themselves actually killed this man and then framed someone for it..
another snippet

Now I could go on more but most ppl wont have read past my opening line let alone down to here...so I'll be kind to any readers I still have.

Now add to that:

A corrupt government,local government & planning boards.

Revelations of decades of child abuse by trusted priests in the community,all of which was known about by the churches authorities and nothing done about it.

Massive house prices and the highest cost of living in the EU (I think we're tied with finland atm)

A serious downturn in the economy and massive lay-offs (a large part of our economy was taken up by high-tech manufaturing and service plants...and we all know how well those are doing)

Serious criminals,rising crime.

Huge insurance premiums for cars,houses and buisnesses.

A high rate of VAT and high tax's on services (and rising)

And alot of other problems combined together to just p*ss you off...

Now I dont know if it's like this in most other countries and we all just dont hear about it but I'm willing to get the ball rolling and say this place can suck pretty bad alot of the time.

Is anyone elses country a sham ediface hiding nasty things?
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 09:37   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Not only that, but youve adopted the Euro and are fully comitted to the European Union!

Things are looking up!!
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 10:02   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
get some loyalist apramilitaryies in from across the border to crucify your criminals, that should be a good deterent, and it sounds like they couldn't be any more corrupt that your police
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 10:54   #4
Lord Skragg

hmm, yes.... come to ireland, and get BLOWN UP by a bunch of tosspots who have beeen fighting a pointless war for waaaaaay way to long.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 11:34   #5
Ulysses
Impudent

Ulysses is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: You gotta love this country (Ireland)

Quote:
Originally posted by IncubusGod
Hmmmm...

Well,I thought I'd make this thread just for a little rant and to maybe clear up any misconceptions anyone might have about Ireland.

/Snip/

For Ireland insert UK.

This lot over here are as bad mate.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:21   #6
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts
Well they've been found out and are being prosecuted. This sort of thing happens. It happens over here, it happens over there, it happens in Europe, it happens in the USA, it happens everywhere. The sign of a mature democracy is when, upon discovery, things like this are dealt with by an internal investigation of the organisations involved.

Be glad you don't live somewhere like Russia, or Zimbabwe, or any other petty dictatorship in the world. You think your country's f*cked up? They're a million times worse. If they wanted you arrested, they wouldn't even go to the trouble of planting evidence. I'm grateful I live in a mature democracy. It could be so much worse. We're spoilt by everything being right, so think small things being wrong are far more important than they actually are. It's the old chestnut of, if we lived in Paradise we'd think it was too perfect, and have to f*ck something up to introduce a bit of variety to the world.

Be grateful, not complaining, you whinging, spoilt idiot.

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:39   #7
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
You can still take the piss out of americans.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:52   #8
Snurx_Is_Me!

lol, you think zimbabwe and ireland are bad. HA!.

i live in the land of the snurx our Dictator (Ole Andreas E. Johnsen) pisses on us to wake us up then he forces us into GD Deathcamps where we are forced to read crappy threads and eat nothing but pizza i suspect that he uses the pizza maker for a toilet and i m secretly planning a coup that involves heaps of boiling oil some goose feathers vampy and a live news roll on cnn one day all snurx will be free to leave this country and travel to some country that by comparison is non corrupt like cuba or USA
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:58   #9
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
^^

Your fate are sealed.
The death squad is on the way.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 15:00   #10
Snurx_Is_Me!

vampy quick hurry, cnn is already set up
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 16:29   #11
YahweII

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Not only that, but youve adopted the Euro and are fully comitted to the European Union!

Things are looking up!!
given that they clearly can't govern themselves you'd actually think anyone but a blind euro-phobe would be able to see the truth in this statement.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 19:08   #12
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx_Is_Me!
lol, you think zimbabwe and ireland are bad. HA!.

i live in the land of the snurx our Dictator (Ole Andreas E. Johnsen) pisses on us to wake us up then he forces us into GD Deathcamps where we are forced to read crappy threads and eat nothing but pizza i suspect that he uses the pizza maker for a toilet and i m secretly planning a coup that involves heaps of boiling oil some goose feathers vampy and a live news roll on cnn one day all snurx will be free to leave this country and travel to some country that by comparison is non corrupt like cuba or USA
I fear I must join you. This cannot go on. We shall raise an army and take to the hills and woods, where we shall launch attacks against the dreaded forces of Snurx, at random, and vanish into the forests around like ghosts.

All, join us! We need all the help we can get to throw off the yolk of oppression!

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 19:12   #13
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
get some loyalist apramilitaryies in from across the border to crucify your criminals,

I actually thought that was a good idea.

I suspect the guy who was stealing cars will think twice before he tries it again.

In short "it served him right".
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 19:39   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A month ago 3 of my mates crossed the railway tracks to get home quicker. CCTV caught them, the police caught them within 5 minutes.

Last friday, i got the **** kicked out of me and one of my mates got bottled, right in front of a cctv camera proving it was an unprovoked attack. The police took half an hour to get out there (one mate phoned while i was still being done in), and they still havent done anything about even reviewing the cctv footage.

The moral of the story is, punish the little things, let bigger ones go.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 02:35   #15
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by General Geiger
We're spoilt by everything being right, so think small things being wrong are far more important than they actually are. It's the old chestnut of, if we lived in Paradise we'd think it was too perfect, and have to f*ck something up to introduce a bit of variety to the world.

Be grateful, not complaining, you whinging, spoilt idiot.
Well the explecitives I wish to throw in your direction right now are so sever that anyone within a 3 mile radius would be corrupted if they were uttered.

Shut up.

I dont see how massive corruption,mismanagment by the government meaning overspending of billions and billions of euro we cant afford,massive lay-offs and our police murdering their enemies are "small things being wrong".

I'm glad I dont live in a dictoatorship,I'm glad I live in a democratic country where my voice can be heard and Im using it right now to protest and inform people of the fact that incompetence and corruption is running our country into the ground.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Skragg
hmm, yes.... come to ireland, and get BLOWN UP by a bunch of tosspots who have beeen fighting a pointless war for waaaaaay way to long.
Err..no,not really.Your confusing your ill informed sterotypical Nothern Ireland interpritation with the real Ireland.

The war's over.Pretty much.And that was Nothern Ireland at any rate.I'm talking about the Republic and it's social system.