User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Oct 2002, 15:09   #1
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts
Hmm

I want to write a thread about something, but I don't know what. Could people brainstorm me with ideas about what makes a good thread? I will try to combine all the ideas into one thread and then see how long it lasts.

A few ideas I've had already.

1) Politics
2) Drink
3) Drugs
4) Some foul disease or ailment.
3) A heavy sexual element.
4) Repeated references to active members of the GD forums.

These are all very general. Does anyone have any more specific ideas? This forum has a very limited number of regular users, and as such has only a limited number of topics in which people are interested - the interests of one person will have a bearing on an entire argument, especially as a thread is a linear progression of posts. For example, Yahwe will insist on talking about law, homosexuality and how best to put people down in as few words as possible. By contrast, Sword will exploit any opportunity to reduce the whole thing to the ridiculous, as will Snurx. If we drop in a bit of theoretical physics we might get something from W, Jenny or Radical Edward. There are a big clutch of "illiterate retards" (who shall go unnamed) who will pollute any thread, but these can only be ignored. The user base isn't big enough to make large-scale generalisations.

Brainstorm me!

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 15:12   #2
YahweII

don't forget the ugly.
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 15:27   #3
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
i'm spinning my hat around my head
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 15:53   #4
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
my cat smells like cat food.
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 15:54   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
everything can be political
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 16:32   #6
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
SO, now IM a regular, OR WHAT?

And by the way, Sword dont destroy threads, i do that.
Sword is funny.

Create a thread about threads on internett forums. ?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 16:38   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx

Create a thread about threads on internett forums. ?
Ain't really as weird as it sounds.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 20:28   #8
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä

Ain't really as weird as it sounds.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/forum/...hreadid=152575

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote