User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Mar 2003, 22:58   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
shaving

now i have always been one for manual shaving - i love my mach 3, but my new housemate has an electric razor and swears by it. So recently i have been thinking about changing over to an electric razor and just wondered if there was anyone on here who had done that so could offer a decent view on which was better, or if anyone had gone the other way, and why?
come on ppl, your view could make the difference!
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 22:59   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Electric = crap
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:07   #3
BuddhistPunk

BuddhistPunk is an unknown quantity at this point
I use electric shaving for those quick morning shaves, but it doesnt compare to the closeness of a wet blade shave

Also electric shavers have problems with those hairs that dont follow the grain if you have them, i.e. swirl around. For me these are usually the ones I get on my neck.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:20   #4
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Electric Shaving use a Philishave, nothing comes close, and if you can afford it buy one of the new type that have a shave lotion dispenser built in, great shave and almost as good as your Mach 3.

Philips Shavers > all other electric razors.

Wet shaving keep using the Mach 3, nothing better.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:24   #5
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
if u go electric, go for a nice new braun
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:26   #6
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
I have the dry green Philishave, no lotion dispenser

I have to repeatedly rub it on my cheeks to get all the hairs gone, its poo
Clean it regularly (after every use).

Make sure you always put the blades back in the same cutter each time, (They wear in with use).

Replace the cutter blades every 3 years.

Replacement blades are available from most Retailers, however if you are having a problem, contact Philips at www.philips.com

Failing that telephone them, UK 0208 665 6655.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:26   #7
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Akallabeth
if u go electric, go for a nice new braun
Philips > braun
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:29   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I dry shave with a knife.

Wilkinson sword FX actually! And electric razors are for pansies. If you use braun you actually are a woman.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:29   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
As I'm a lazy cnut, electric all the way.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:29   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
thanks for the input ppl, i will keep checking back in the thread as for once there seems to be a good cross section of views
and i think i will eventually buy an electric razor, but might end up keeping the good old mach 3 as well
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:31   #11
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
As written in the box, I clean the blades after every use, wash them every week and I always put the blades in the same cutter. I havent had it for longer than 3 years.
Ok then phone them, tell them you are not a happy bunny, the one thing Philips do best is bend over backwards to please their customers.

But do not threaten legal action, the minute you do that, no one at the company will speak to you, all your calls will be redirected to the Corporate Legal team, and that lot squeak when they fart.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:34   #12
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
It was bought 2 xmas ago, warranty has run out
Doesnt matter, they will still try to make sure you are happy.

Trust me on this, I used to be the man at philips who dealt with all the customer complaints, and believe me, we threw money at people like it was confetti at Liz Taylors wedding.

Edit, in answer to your question,

No you make slow circular motions with the head as you travel it across your skin, whilst stretching the skin gently with your other hand.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 08:34   #13
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Philips > braun
I agree.
I have the Philips Cool Skin shaver which dispenses lotion as you shave.
I've had both philips and Braun style shavers in the past, and would agree that the Philips gives, by far, the closer shave.
And they seem to have better batteries too, which last longer per charge.

You'll always get a few odd hairs on your neck which are hard to get rid of with an electric shaver though.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:29   #14
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
I agree.
I have the Philips Cool Skin shaver which dispenses lotion as you shave.
I've had both philips and Braun style shavers in the past, and would agree that the Philips gives, by far, the closer shave.
And they seem to have better batteries too, which last longer per charge.

You'll always get a few odd hairs on your neck which are hard to get rid of with an electric shaver though.
I was almost tempted to go for an electric one purely cause some mornings I don't have the time to shave and thought it might be quicker. I've only tried it once and found it quite painful (which is strange considering I regularly slice up my skin on a daily basis) cause it kept pulling hairs instead of cutting them.

Ultimately though what turned me off electric shavers was a microscopic photo comparing the ends of hair after they have been cut with both types of shaver. The electric cut hair was all torn and rough on the end while the manual shaved hair had a flat end to it.

Anyway, they recently release the Mach 3 Turbo which rocks immensly.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:41   #15
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm lazy so I use an electric shaver 'cause it does the job a lot quicker
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:46   #16
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Electric Shaving use a Philishave, nothing comes close, and if you can afford it buy one of the new type that have a shave lotion dispenser built in, great shave and almost as good as your Mach 3.

i have the one with the lotion dispenser and it is quite good, but i still don't find it as good as my mach3 turbo
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 12:46   #17
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing comes close to the good old Mach 3.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 12:48   #18
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
I shave jedi style, nothing beats the closeness of a lightsabre
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 12:51   #19
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
mach 3 is a miracle worker
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 12:57   #20
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
If you have a steady hand and have the time for proper shave a stiletto(sp?) is the way to go, but be carefull you can seriously cut your face with it, so Mach 3 is the best way to go, as for the fast way: Simply don't do it, eletric shavers are crap and I know you'll end up cutting yourself.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:02   #21
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
get a proper cutthroat u pussies.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:55   #22
Beëlzebooze

Beëlzebooze is an unknown quantity at this point
yer all wussies!

get up in the morning, get me fags, go to the toilet for a smoke, a dump and a shave, use the cigarette lighter to burn off the stubble.

NB. DO NOT USE SHAVING LOTION CONTAINING ALCOHOL!
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:57   #23
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Mach 3 all the way.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:59   #24
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Beëlzebooze
yer all wussies!

get up in the morning, get me fags, go to the toilet for a smoke, a dump and a shave, use the cigarette lighter to burn off the stubble.

NB. DO NOT USE SHAVING LOTION CONTAINING ALCOHOL!
a cigarette lighter? damn pansy... wake up in the morning, leap into a freezing shower, and then walk outside into your sub zero temperatures, naked, chop down fifteen trees with an axe, and then burn the stubble off with an arc welder which you fix your lorry with... before breakfast.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 16:10   #25
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
electric leaves my skin dry and really irritable, i hates it. Shave all thae way, followed by nivia after shave balm.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 16:19   #26
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Mach 3 all the way.
...I was short of Mach3 razor blades on Monday so i opened one of those gift set things people give you for christmas when they dont know what to get you. It was a Lynx razor, and i fcuking cut myself due to its utter ****ness - also, it has a design flaw. If the hair that goes between the blade is longer than 2 days worth of growth it gets stuck (even after being jiggled in the water a bit and ran under the tap) and itches/scratches your face.

So dont buy Lynx razors, they suck.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 16:22   #27
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
I have a catch 22.

If I use a Wet Razor its good for the face but even the Mach 3 leaves me with rashes in the neck area.

If I use an electric Razor I dont get the rashes on my neck but electric razors leave my face sore.

So Mach 3 all the way. I tend to use after shave lotions and creams to help prevent the rashes on the neck but I prefer that to outbreaks of spots on the face (at 27 ffs!)

In fact, the best shave is the barber way - Hot towels, cuthroat razor and then ice cold water. Of course this isnt that easy to achieve before work each day

Last edited by CjC; 2 Apr 2003 at 16:31.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 16:22   #28
Beëlzebooze

Beëlzebooze is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
wake up in the morning, leap into a freezing shower, and then walk outside into your sub zero temperatures, naked, chop down fifteen trees with an axe, and then burn the stubble off with an arc welder which you fix your lorry with... before breakfast
goddamn fairy!

We don't have showers where we come from, we rub course sand over our bodies, to get the grime of. Then we gnaw down some oak trees to have a fire in the house. We also don't have lorries, we carry our heavy load around on our backs.

and as for the "before breakfast" quip.....YOU EAT?
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 16:23   #29
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone tried a mach 3 turbo?

what're they like ?

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:08   #30
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
anyone tried a mach 3 turbo?

what're they like ?
Judging from the 30 "Mach 3 Turbo all the way" replies in this thread, I would gather that the answers to your questions are 'yes' and 'good'.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:15   #31
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
there are 2 references to mach 3 turbo (when i searched for 'turbo'). i read the last 5 or 6 posts but stopped when i got as far as the lightsabre suggestion..

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:29   #32
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
. i read the last 5 or 6 posts but stopped when i got as far as the lightsabre suggestion..
A wise choice indeed My Young Jedi.

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:32   #33
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
i have the one with the lotion dispenser and it is quite good, but i still don't find it as good as my mach3 turbo
odd?

I could have swore I said exactly the same thing?

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 19:13   #34
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Let the servants take care of all that stuff. But no electronic shiet, otherwise they get whipped.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 19:16   #35
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:

the new Mach 3 Turbo "is"!
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:25   #36
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
I used to put Immac on my face, but now the name has changed and I can't find it on the shelves.

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:39   #37
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
I used to put Immac on my face, but now the name has changed and I can't find it on the shelves.

Try looking for Veet. Same stuff different name.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:40   #38
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Try looking for Veet. Same stuff different name.
How do you spell that?
sayonara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:46   #39
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Doesnt matter, they will still try to make sure you are happy.

Trust me on this, I used to be the man at philips who dealt with all the customer complaints, and believe me, we threw money at people like it was confetti at Liz Taylors wedding.
oh i might actually give them a call and see what they can do for mine as it died and i dint think would be able to get much done ty, maywell have my nice cool skin thingy back again (altho that gives me no reason not to shave oh well)

*goes to see if he can find his rasor at the back of the cuboard*
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:49   #40
logamus

dry shave with the mach 3. its just as fast as electric and its a better shave. after a few days, your skin gets used to it and its no big deal. shaving cream is just a gimmick.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 01:01   #41
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I use an electric cause I'm lazy (never learned to use a manual tbh). And I don't give a **** if my hair looks smooth or torn under a microscope.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 01:53   #42
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by nickhall
oh i might actually give them a call and see what they can do for mine as it died and i dint think would be able to get much done ty, maywell have my nice cool skin thingy back again (altho that gives me no reason not to shave oh well)

*goes to see if he can find his rasor at the back of the cuboard*
Telephone.

0208 665 6655

Ask for Consumer Electronics, after sales dept, tell them you have had your shaver for around 18-20 months, and it has packed up, your not happy, and would like to know what if anything Philips are going to do to help resolve your problem?

Dont take no for an answer, be firm and polite, dont make threats unless you intend to honour them and remember it is a person at the other end of the phone. if your "nice" to them they will be more inclined to help you.

People who were abusive or rude to me when I did the Job for the Lighting Division, got nothing, zip nadda, zilch, people who were reasonable got anything they asked for including Comp Tickets for Premiership Soccer matches.