User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Nov 2004, 09:14   #1
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
so arafat is dead...

im a bit sad that he died but also glad to see the back of him....anyone else share my feelings...

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 09:26   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: so arafat is dead...

If he had died some years ago I might have been sad, but the last few years he's behaved as a tyrannical corrupt crony sadly typical of the third world.

Having said that, one can't downplay his historical significance in the Palestenian struggle. I look forward to the revisionist version of history which will pour out of the mainstream press and be faithfully regurgitated by the ignorant here of how his evil terrorist deeds were an affront to peace loving Israel who were forced to defend themselves.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:52   #3
Burbank
Banned

Burbank is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate america.

i liked arafat, i only just found out that he died. i am not ashamed to admit that i am actually crying at the moment.

i now await with great dismay the news that israel has used this time to slaughter many more palestinians.
Burbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 12:28   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

To be fair the BBC pointed out in their analysis how there were persecuted by the israeli's.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 12:51   #5
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbank
i hate america.
dont we all?
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 12:59   #6
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Quote:
i hate america.

why??!
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 13:07   #7
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
It's a pretty terrible nation, I'm sure the people are OK, but it has a lot to apologise for. Britain is pretty shameful as well.

Compared to what exactly?
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 13:48   #8
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Such as? and in what sense are they better?

I feel like Im pulling teeth.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 14:43   #9
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It's a pretty terrible nation, I'm sure the people are OK, but it has a lot to apologise for. Britain is pretty shameful as well.
A 'terrible' nation? I can't wait for this type of terminology to become universally accepted and used in textbooks on historical stuff.

"Germany 1934 to 1945 - Ideological crack-smoking twats"
"The Western Roman Empire 31BC to 476AD - A Bunch of drunken, incestuous muppets"
"The Fall of Communism 1989 - The Dozy ****ers"
"British Empire, From Conquest to Crap - A bit shit really"

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 15:45   #10
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not arguing with the facts, I'm talking about the use of 'terrible' as a way to describe a nation-state.

But good stuff, anyway...

Unread 11 Nov 2004, 15:45   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
A 'terrible' nation? I can't wait for this type of terminology to become universally accepted and used in textbooks on historical stuff.
Since it's routine to hear a country refer to themselves as "great" I don't see why the opposite is that problematic.

And I heard a crazy theory that internet forums have slightly different editorial standards than history textbooks.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 15:54   #12
melandron
Brain Overload

melandron is an unknown quantity at this point

What I personally hate is this national pride that we are automatically supposed to inherit, personally i think I have no particular alegance to the country, and would have to take every incident on my own personal grounds rather than having to be bound together with the rest of the nation in a national concencus.... Thank god a pledge of allegance to the flag never happened in the UK, (i'd also have trouble deciding which flag to be allied to)

Oh and this national pride rant excludes rugby, although being welsh i don't have a huge amount to be proud of there either.

(edit: prided isn't a word)
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:19   #13
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I had hoped he would recover.
Its a sad day.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:24   #14
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Apart from when dantes not telling me off i agree with him, like now! if he'd died the revolutionary rather than civic leader history may have been a little kinder. Don't really know what'll happen next with the palestinians there are so many groups all with their own definition of what 'victory' means i don't see how one person will unite them. Sharon has a past as murky as any palestinian but i will give him credit if he withdraws from gaza and hopefully the west bank. I know theres other issues like the right of return but i think the main priority is just letting the palestinians form their own nation in those two areas.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:29   #15
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Since it's routine to hear a country refer to themselves as "great" I don't see why the opposite is that problematic.

And I heard a crazy theory that internet forums have slightly different editorial standards than history textbooks.
I can see it now, Bush standing on the steps of the White House with a big, shit-eating grim on his face, thumbs in the air saying 'GO USA, WE'RE GREAT'

Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:40   #16
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

I was thinking more of the 'WOW THAT'S GREAT' instead of the more sincere use of teh word.

Damn, can't you people lighten up a bit?

Unread 11 Nov 2004, 17:47   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

were you in the room at the time?
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 18:12   #18
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all

Good riddance! I hope someone suicide bombs his funeral.

Kick the Baby! - did we rock your world?
Emperor Rozenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 18:21   #19
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Quote:
Sorry its hard to go from, irritation at Ninja_Spammer .
Given that the question wasn't aimed at you and that when you did choose to answer I sought some clarificaiton beyond "OmFG Americas Are t3h evuhl!! free the paleraqian people" , I fail to see the source of your irratation.

Unless you just don't like actually having to back up your statements.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 18:24   #20
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well if you want a schema for assessing the worthiness of nations we could look at the wayAmerica treats its population. Of course there are many nations that treat their populations badly and many nations that aren't as free as the United States. However whilst a third world Government is limited in choice about its social policy due to lack of money and pressure from financial institutions and corporations, the United States Government has no such choice. Yet what we see is an a policy iof segregation through imprisonment, putting millions of black people in jail. We see massive inequality with 40 million people not covered by health insurance. Widespread underemployment and lack of real opporunity to progress for large sections of the population. Its a joke really.

Now if we look at the United States record abroad we can see decades of plicy dedicated to undermining democracy, most recently in Haiti and Venezuala. America is the only country convicted of International terorism by the World Court.

The international diplomatic record is littered with examples of America strongarming its various policies through the International Financial Institutions, funding terrorism and state oppression, currently underway in Turkey and Columbia responsible for thousands of deaths. Americas consistent blocking of any peace in the Occupied Territories. Guantanomo Bay is just an other shameful episode.

Other nations have bad records but America's is pretty awful and probably the most shameful in the last 50 years.

I dont mean to be an argumentative twat, but on your idea that America jails blacks unfairly to achieve segregation, is it possible that black people maybe commit more crimes than white people?

Scratch "commit" from above and replace with convicted of more crimes...

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 21:28   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event_Horizon
I dont mean to be an argumentative twat, but on your idea that America jails blacks unfairly to achieve segregation, is it possible that black people maybe commit more crimes than white people?
Very possibly, but why do you think this might be? The inherent criminallity of blacks or some sort of social / structural reasons?
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 22:12   #22
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Rozenski
Will you be saying something similar when Gerry Adams and the rest of Sinn Fein pass away?
If we can live with them and the atrocities caused by the IRA then why couldn't people live with the Palastinian Authority and their elected leader?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 22:23   #23
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Rozenski
Nobody Will.

Suicide Bombings are a last resort tactic used by an army with lesser firepower than its enemy that have to rely on desperate tactics.

Besides the funeral itself is in Egypt, its just the Burial thats in The West Bank.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 22:59   #24
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Very possibly, but why do you think this might be? The inherent criminallity of blacks or some sort of social / structural reasons?
I am not sure, I suppose the most politically correct thing for me to say is that it is a social problem with most of them living in poverty. I guess this is probably the major reason as well, but just because there are reasons does not mean that they should be excused from the legal system. And yes I will grant you that a greater effort should be made to correct this, but I still don't see the jails as an underground ploy for segregation... It sounds too much like the argument that we have never landed on the moon...

Unread 11 Nov 2004, 23:05   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I am not sure, I suppose the most politically correct thing for me to say is that it is a social problem with most of them living in poverty. I guess this is probably the major reason as well, but just because there are reasons does not mean that they should be excused from the legal system. And yes I will grant you that a greater effort should be made to correct this, but I still don't see the jails as an underground ploy for segregation... It sounds too much like the argument that we have never landed on the moon...
i think the argument is more the 'black people are more likely to be put in jail than white people given the same offence' thing
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 23:10   #26
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
i think the argument is more the 'black people are more likely to be put in jail than white people given the same offence' thing
I would disagree with this. Racial profiling gives any minority a very good defense against this stance. While, your statement may be true in some cases, I do not think it is indicative of the whole.

Unread 12 Nov 2004, 00:32   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
And yes I will grant you that a greater effort should be made to correct this, but I still don't see the jails as an underground ploy for segregation....
Well I'm not sure they have to be a ploy as such. While the original phrasing can be read either way, a policy can be segregationalist (?) without deliberately being designed that way. To take an analogy from employment law, let's imagine that I decide all my employees must wear a company uniform, which includes a company hat. Anyone who refuses to wear it will be fired.

Now, racism was almost certainly the furthest thing from my mind when designing such a policy. But, inadvertanly I have prevented from practicing Sikh's from being employed by myself. Therefore, the policy, in employment terms in indirectly discriminatory. In such a way, it's possible that the US prison system is helping to build segregation without actually specfically being designed that way. Very few things are a conspiracy, but they can have effects which look like a conspiracy.

In addition, Phang raises a pertinent point - although again, the reality is more nuanced. There may be some instances where white and black people commit exactly the same crime and in the same circumstances and either side be punishmed more harshly. I've not seen any stats on that recently, so I'll refrain from comment. But what often does happen is certain categories of offences are "racially biased" in offenders, and therefore punishments overall can be racially biased. To give an example, some old figures that did the rounds said that possesion / dealing of crack cocaine was treated upto ten times harsher than posession / dealing of cocaine. Now, it so happens that cocaine, on average is a drug consumed more by white middle class people than something like crack (which is disproportionately consumed by working class non-whites) - therefore the overall figures for punishment come out skewed. Both groups are committing a crime (and effectively breaking the same law) but one side is being more punished than the others. The reason is not a simple "you're white - you get away with a lesser sentence" but that is the end result.

As I say, the situation is more complex than some red neck judges putting all the ******s in the jail house. But most critics of the American justice system appreciate this.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 05:07   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They should have strapped a bomb to his hospital bed and dropped him out of an aeroplane onto the Knesset.

Two birds, one stone etc etc

PS T&F you self-hating Jew
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 05:19   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In addition, Phang raises a pertinent point - although again, the reality is more nuanced. There may be some instances where white and black people commit exactly the same crime and in the same circumstances and either side be punishmed more harshly. I've not seen any stats on that recently, so I'll refrain from comment. But what often does happen is certain categories of offences are "racially biased" in offenders, and therefore punishments overall can be racially biased. To give an example, some old figures that did the rounds said that possesion / dealing of crack cocaine was treated upto ten times harsher than posession / dealing of cocaine. Now, it so happens that cocaine, on average is a drug consumed more by white middle class people than something like crack (which is disproportionately consumed by working class non-whites) - therefore the overall figures for punishment come out skewed. Both groups are committing a crime (and effectively breaking the same law) but one side is being more punished than the others. The reason is not a simple "you're white - you get away with a lesser sentence" but that is the end result.

Remember guys, they're out there to get you!
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:17   #30
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_spammer
Compared to what exactly?
to australia, finland, norway or even canada
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:18   #31
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
Well if you want a schema for assessing the worthiness of nations we could look at the wayAmerica treats its population. Of course there are many nations that treat their populations badly and many nations that aren't as free as the United States. However whilst a third world Government is limited in choice about its social policy due to lack of money and pressure from financial institutions and corporations, the United States Government has no such choice. Yet what we see is an a policy iof segregation through imprisonment, putting millions of black people in jail. We see massive inequality with 40 million people not covered by health insurance. Widespread underemployment and lack of real opporunity to progress for large sections of the population. Its a joke really.

Now if we look at the United States record abroad we can see decades of plicy dedicated to undermining democracy, most recently in Haiti and Venezuala. America is the only country convicted of International terorism by the World Court.

The international diplomatic record is littered with examples of America strongarming its various policies through the International Financial Institutions, funding terrorism and state oppression, currently underway in Turkey and Columbia responsible for thousands of deaths. Americas consistent blocking of any peace in the Occupied Territories. Guantanomo Bay is just an other shameful episode.

Other nations have bad records but America's is pretty awful and probably the most shameful in the last 50 years.

'eah, 'sactly
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:29   #32
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Will you be saying something similar when Gerry Adams and the rest of Sinn Fein pass away?
If we can live with them and the atrocities caused by the IRA then why couldn't people live with the Palastinian Authority and their elected leader?
i support sinn fein, and Gerry adams
keep in mind that the IRB held a gun to my great grandfathers head and said "get out of ireland or you will die" and you will see that i should probably be slightly biased the other way but no. i support all peoples right to a free and whole nation. england should relinquish control of ireland. there are no two ways about it. england should relinquish the second nation it stole and then NI should become a part of RoI. whether RoI wants it or not.

and suicide bomb your mother.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:31   #33
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
they're all that youve got, kiss another baby YEEEAHHH. they're out to get you.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:33   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
i support sinn fein, and Gerry adams
keep in mind that the IRB held a gun to my great grandfathers head and said "get out of ireland or you will die" and you will see that i should probably be slightly biased the other way but no. i support all peoples right to a free and whole nation. england should relinquish control of ireland. there are no two ways about it. england should relinquish the second nation it stole and then NI should become a part of RoI. whether RoI wants it or not.

and suicide bomb your mother.

Isn't self-determination a wonderful thing

I think I'm rolling my eyes too much in this thread
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:38   #35
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
I don't hate myself...I hate all the other Jews
Noam Chomsky is a Jew, do you hate him?
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:39   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
i liked arafat, i only just found out that he died. i am not ashamed to admit that i am actually crying at the moment.
I must admit I'm lolling pretty hard here.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:41   #37
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
Isn't self-determination a wonderful thing
explain yourself jonny you drunk poker playing englishman
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:44   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
explain yourself jonny you drunk poker playing englishman
Speaking as an Irishman I can definitively state that there is no metaphysical quality of Irishness which necessitates everyone who possesses it to be united in the same nation-state.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:44   #39
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
I must admit I'm lolling pretty hard here.
oi, i will cry if i want to. i consider it a part of my being a mature australian who would knock out anyone who laughed in my face about my shedding tears over the death of a man i respected

ning ning ning
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:48   #40
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
Speaking as an Irishman I can definitively state that there is no metaphysical quality of Irishness which necessitates everyone who possesses it to be united in the same nation-state.
your right, why dont we reseperate it to firbolg land, danaan land, seirin something land, and the land of those twisted people who lived under balor.

or, northern and southern ireland like under eber and his brother.

or, c, u, l& m

it should not be kept under the same rule as those who slaughtered hundreds of millions throughout their time as the seat of the empire.

again i say ning
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:50   #41
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
there doesnt need to be, it was stolen by the english many a time, this does not mean that it should stay in this state just because NI is a dump compared to RoI

damnit, australia is more than happy to take NZ back under is wing and nurture it.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 11:11   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
there doesnt need to be, it was stolen by the english many a time, this does not mean that it should stay in this state just because NI is a dump compared to RoI

damnit, australia is more than happy to take NZ back under is wing and nurture it.
If the people of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland wish to be united I have no objection against this. Hell if the people of Papua New Guinea and Northern Ireland wish to be united I have no objection against that. Provided a fair and just system of law I just don't care.

Your other post makes so little sense my brain hurts trying to read it.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 11:43   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

What a coincidence that the maniacal mutant seeking to take over the world to prepare for a new master-race is a Jew!
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 12:09   #44
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm related to one of the top 50 most influential Jewish people in the world apparently. Quite distantly though.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 12:49   #45
Burbank
Banned

Quote:
What a coincidence that the maniacal mutant seeking to take over the world to prepare for a new master-race is a Jew!
i always liked magneto
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 14:25   #46
Burbank
Banned

i think jesus might have been simply a reincarnation of buddha. take into account that the reincarnation of buddha for the time was from israel and he was buried in the jewish fashion not the indian one, plus his tomb has footprints with nail shaped holes in each foot.

lets not touch religion till i have had a few more into me.

and i have a solution for this. lets kill all jews but magneto