User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:06   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
C4 - Top 100 *whatever*

Are you sick of C4's cheap TV?

YES / NO

Voting starts.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:06   #2
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: C4 - Top 100 *whatever*

What no poll?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:11   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:17   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im not, i have quite liked this one, top 100 cartoons, the fact that legend of the overfiend being in made me laugh and princess mononoke being like top 20 made me very happy
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:18   #5
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Is Homer Simpson number 1?
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:26   #6
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Don't know yet.

I am enjoying this one more than the others I have seen. Family Guy for Number ONE!

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:29   #7
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Family Guy for Number ONE!
We can but hope.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:48   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its on now, number 5 or something (family guy)
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:59   #9
Blastoderm
________

Simpsons is teh winnar!
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:59   #10
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Well we knew the Simpsons would win anyway. :(

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 01:03   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

yeah, as the presenter said, it wasn't exactly a ****ing surprise
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 01:14   #12
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

we sat in the pub watching it.
I'm so

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 01:18   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
yeah, as the presenter said, it wasn't exactly a ****ing surprise
Not when Sky News' website spoiled the surprise this morning.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 01:22   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The last two have been ok - but some of it is dull.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 01:26   #15
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Before long they'll be able to do a 'Top 100 Top 100's' show.

They're barely a rung above channel 5 now and only because they still have the home cricket internationals.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 02:13   #16
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

at least there was a south park double bill after, and not the ****ing simpsons again
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 02:28   #17
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, the whole thing was a load of rubbish, like any vote based on channel 4 viewers (assuming it was a poll) or indeed the viewers of any one channel. It was nice to see Mononoke in there, yeah; but I just get sick of these shows and the random celebrities they bring in to worship whatever crap happens to have made it to the top 100. And yes I know, nobody forced me to watch it; indeed I only saw the second half (from 49 onwards) as I was in a friend's room, and he was watching it and loving it...
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 03:00   #18
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Are you sick of C4's cheap TV?

YES / NO

Voting starts.
Yes, and I wish people would stop giving stations an excuse to produce cheap crap like 'reality TV' and Top 100 programmes by actually watching them.

South Park afterwards was nice though.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 03:24   #19
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Akira and Family guy made it in, my faith in humanity has been slightly restored.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 03:57   #20
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

cheap? free..
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 08:39   #21
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
'reality TV'
Speaking of Reality TV, did anyone see that "The Apprentice" on Saturday night? The idea was so tacky, but it was actually quite good. Maybe because my degree was in business, I found it more interesting than most other people though...
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 10:08   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_spammer
Akira and Family guy made it in, my faith in humanity has been slightly restored.
Family Guy is an ""edgy"" american cartoon that was shown on channel 4.

Without AKIRA THE MATRIX WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN MADE.

"Faith in humanity" can only be restored by the inclusion of Cowboy Bebop and Invader Zim (although I've no idea on the actual list, as channel4.com doesn't appear to recognise its existance)

[edit]

Found it through google!

[edit2]

No, no Zim or Bebop. Futurama outside the top 1 (26! I ASK YOU). Who Shot Roger Rabbit a cartoon? **** off. No Monkey Dust? No FLCL or Clerks?

Christ.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 28 Feb 2005 at 10:14.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 10:50   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

i know, there were some terrible omisions, but at least a couple of good cartoons made good showings of themselves

although i loved the line

'i wouldn't leave anyone in charge of a playgroup who voted for legend of the overfiend'

cos it made me laugh
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 11:21   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

simpsons had to win...

south park (my favourite) made number 3 (\o/), but they (like everyone else) focused on the toilet humour centred first couple of series. I'm sure if it hadn't got cleverer and 'evolved' it wouldnt have been so high; but there it is.

Did anyone else notice how for each show they only bought clips from 1 or 2 episodes? Cheap bastards that they are.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 11:44   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
like everyone else
I don't.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 11:53   #26
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

The 100 best *whatever* shows are ok. You often get to learn about various *things* that you didn't know about before, which are invariably *not bad* and sometimes verge on *really quite good*.

I enojoyed the 100 best comedians, I didn't watch this program. I did, however, watch Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Help and Outlaws. Outlaws was particularly good as it was on the new terrorism law. My favourite part was when the main guy shouted 'This is how a police state works!' at the end. And the part about cold chips.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 12:54   #27
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Without AKIRA THE MATRIX WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN MADE.
And what a crying shame that'd have been.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 13:01   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
And what a crying shame that'd have been.
That was my point. It's the standard "edgy japanese film look we're hip" to trot out because (ignoring all other reasons, and "it's great" isn't one of them. The manga is apparantly very good, but the film goes downhill at the 2/3 mark and doesn't recover) it gained immense success with matrix fanboys, even if they haven't seen it.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 13:03   #29
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
No Sealab.
an omission for which someone should be hung, drawn and quatered
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 13:06   #30
Tomkat

Quote:
That was my point.
<Andy Pipkin> Ye I know </Andy>
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 13:19   #31
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't.
well hurrah for you!

three cheers

Hip hip... HURRAY!

Hip hip... HURRAY!

Hip hip... HURRAY!

*hugz*
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 13:21   #32
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
It was disappointing but hardly suprising that most fo the people talking about the cartoons were complete retards who offered no analysis beyond, so and so is sooo cool, or ahahah this for kids but adults find it funny to ah the genius or such and such is cartoon is drug inspired (aka rubbish).
yes, that whole "omg the people who made it were Sooo on drugs" thing is crap old, and mostly rubbish. Even the magic roundabout (the most infamous example) actually had NOTHING at all to do with drugs (according to the creators).
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 14:10   #33
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
yes, that whole "omg the people who made it were Sooo on drugs" thing is crap old, and mostly rubbish. Even the magic roundabout (the most infamous example) actually had NOTHING at all to do with drugs (according to the creators).
magic roundabout was French which explains a lot.
The guy who 'translated' it into English couldn't speak French. So he made the script up.

The funniest thing I saw was number 100 - Wacky races. The pink car had a button clearly marked "Vibrator" which when pushed made the driver vibrate. made me laugh a lot.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 14:22   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
well hurrah for you!

three cheers

Hip hip... HURRAY!

Hip hip... HURRAY!

Hip hip... HURRAY!

*hugz*
Thanks!
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 14:32   #35
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Thanks!
theres a lot of love in this here thread
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 16:10   #36
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Quote:
That was my point. It's the standard "edgy japanese film look we're hip" to trot out because (ignoring all other reasons, and "it's great" isn't one of them. The manga is apparantly very good, but the film goes downhill at the 2/3 mark and doesn't recover) it gained immense success with matrix fanboys, even if they haven't seen it.
...edgy....?

I must have been desensitised as a child.

As for inspiring the matrix....I'll probably have to watch both of them again now but I dont see it.

Legend of the over fiend though, oh dear, the daily mail'll be up in arms again........and then pokemon....at least DBZ ever got in.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 16:40   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
...edgy....?

You appear to have missed my point.

Quote:
As for inspiring the matrix....I'll probably have to watch both of them again now but I dont see it.
There are quite a few things that Akira brought to Western cinema, or at least popularised. Of course, I'm more referring to the big stickers they had on Akira DVDs at the height of the popularity of The Matrix proclaiming this to all and sundry.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:03   #38
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Why dont explain it for those of us needing coffee and a blowjob?
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:07   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Why dont explain it for those of us needing coffee and a blowjob?
It's a japanese animation invovling some kind of violence and children therefore it's OUT THERE ON THE EDGE you know.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:13   #40
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

There was no way whatsoever that was voted for by the public. Shitty japanese shit anime that noone has ever heard of voted ahead of Finding Nemo. I find that extremely unlikely.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:18   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
There was no way whatsoever that was voted for by the public. Shitty japanese shit anime that noone has ever heard of voted ahead of Finding Nemo. I find that extremely unlikely.
Ignoring the fact that Spirited Away is actually very good:

Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank (ie 1 is top) for:

Spirited Away: 29 (TWENTY NINE)

Finding Nemo: 258 (TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY EIGHT)

NOONE AT ALL HAS HEARD OF SPIRITED AWAY!!!!!!!!!
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:23   #42
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Quote:
It's a japanese animation invovling some kind of violence and children therefore it's OUT THERE ON THE EDGE you know.

Oh, ok.

LHC for mark specific troll of the week.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:30   #43
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

People who buy DVDs on the internet are far more likely to be into Japanese movies. I have never seen a copy of Spirited Away in a mainstream shop, however.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:33   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
I have never seen a copy of Spirited Away in a mainstream shop, however.
Every HMV, MVC and other "large store for the purchase of media" that I've seen has been full of the damn things. Newspapers ran special offers for their readers to get it for cheaper, too.

Also...

Grave of the Fireflies, Ghost in the Shell and Akira are all well into the hundreds, so it suggests that it may be something about that anime rather than anime in general.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:38   #45
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gentlemen. Please.

Cease this bickering, it demeans you both.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:43   #46
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

I see it in my local blockbusters top 15 section every time i've been in for the past 4 months, and im in oban ffs.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:59   #47
Tomkat

Quote:
Rape will do that to you.

I wouldn't have put Spirited Away that high really. I mean, it's nice, but not particularly brilliant. But then Japanese plots aren't really my "thing".
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 18:05   #48
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I AM DISAPPOINTED BY THE EXCLUSION OF FINAL FANTASY: THE SPIRITS WITHIN
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 18:14   #49
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Rape will do that to you.

I wouldn't have put Spirited Away that high really. I mean, it's nice, but not particularly brilliant. But then Japanese plots aren't really my "thing".

They never proved that I did it.

I'll see you in internet court mister.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 18:18   #50
Tomkat

Quote:
They never proved that I did it.

I'll see you in internet court mister.

I choose YOU, yahwe!

Legal Attack Legal Attack Legal Attack!