User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Mar 2005, 00:44   #1
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
A BIG community thankyou

... goes to Kloopy.

Now ladies and gentlemen (and other species), you may well have no idea who I am, so I will tell you briefly. I am Bashar, I am a long-time PA player, and also housemate of Kloopy. As you will guess, this gives me an insight into Kloopy that the rest of you don't have, and I felt there was something I needed to bring to your attention.

Simply put, this coming round would not be even close to where it was without Kloopy. As many of you know, recently Jolt employed a coder for PA (pishmishy), and I have to say, I want this thread to be positive, not negative, so I will say no more about pishmishy, but I will say that Kloopy was not the paid coder. He is PA-Team however, and, as such, is a volunteer, and I can tell you all that, since the betas started, he has been coding his arse off for this game (for free). The combat engine, the new fleet pages, everything that has changed that works has been fixed by Kloopy. He is a great bloke who loves this game, and puts shitloads of effort in, and after Spinner's departure, Kloopy has filled in his shoes with the coding. It has been taking a LOT of his time. He has been working close to full time for FREE for YOU LOT to make this game the best he can, and I think it is important that you all know this. On many occasions he has asked me for help/ideas (at times I thought he was entertaining himself - and read what you will of that), and it has shown me that he really is putting a lot in, and I just wished to make this post to let you all know what he is doing. It would not be fair to let one person put so much time and effort into something without recognition. I feel it would not be unfair to say that the progress made for this round would have been impossible without him.

Kloopy: you're doing a fantastic job, and we all REALLY appreciate the amount of effort (in your own time) that you are putting into this game. It is making a really big difference.

Cheers.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 00:52   #2
DEATH2

DEATH2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A BIG community thankyou

i agree wholeheartedly bashar. i know how hard he has worked as well as i was the bitch that had to constantly send attacks at him to get stealing working properly. well thank you kloopy it is working well.
DEATH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 01:03   #3
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Yay 4 kloopy!!!
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 01:55   #4
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Kloopy for president! \o/

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 01:57   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

If it weren't for Kloopy coding stealing I wouldn't have made ship stats for round 13*. I'd use a throbbing heart emoticon or something like that, but I hate those. So instead, here's a thumb:

*Actually, I would have, there was just no chance in hell they would've been used.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 02:19   #6
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

hell yea....go kloopy

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 04:59   #7
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Kloopy
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 09:36   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Kloopy has done lots and he is great but lets not forget the huge amount of work Spinner did before he left or indeed the contribution pishmishy has made baring in mind he is in the difficult position of being forced to code on something he knows nothing about.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 09:49   #9
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Kloopy has done lots and he is great but lets not forget the huge amount of work Spinner did before he left or indeed the contribution pishmishy has made baring in mind he is in the difficult position of being forced to code on something he knows nothing about.
diplomacy diplomacy diplomacy !!!!

Kloopy for next god!

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 10:21   #10
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

and yet he still finds 6 hours last week to drink beer and blow up balloons... the man works miracles!

kloopy for pope! (and soon...)
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 10:58   #11
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Aww. *blush*. Thanks Bashar and everyone else. But it's not just me. Kal has been great giving me daily TODO lists, blixxard has been working on the portal, pishmishy has been doing a great deal of coding too, on the shuffler especially. I think rather that we should applaud the running of the game, as for once lots of things are getting done.

[Edit: I had just woken up so wasn't really thinking fully... Also to mention are jesterina for spending many many hours poring over combat reports and tweaking the stats to do the best with the current combat engine. Also, the beta testers. So many people have contributed, found bugs, helped track errors down, corrected speeling and grammar and helped in many other ways. Dr_Zaius, DEATH2, Bashar, Grand, The_Seal, shikamaru, Appocomaster, spaceman, Marv and Ace are all people who spring immediately to mind. Thanks everyone.]

*hugs*

Last edited by Kloopy; 21 Mar 2005 at 12:00.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 12:41   #12
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you been awesome kloopy and thank you for listening and being patient with me on the old manual and thanks to kal to for also being patient with me on the old mining page

Kloopy we love you to*

*see sig

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 12:50   #13
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
corrected speeling
Mistake? tsk tsk tsk...

Anyway, I've been playing the all of the betas and on IRC, everyone was saying "kloopy do this", "kloopy do that" and so forth, so congrats on getting everything done so quickly, with so many requests
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 17:03   #14
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

I can honestly say this seems to be most cooperative an effective that I have seen PA moving since the very early rounds, despite the long break. In fact, perhaps the long break has helped that a bit, I am not sure. But hats off to all the people involved. I am looking forward to this round.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 18:27   #15
Biggin
Village Idiot

Biggin is on a distinguished road

way to go Kloopy \o/
Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 18:52   #16
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I love Kloopy...works so hard, does so well and still maintains a calm and entertaining sense of humour!

*cuddles*

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 18:58   #17
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

It was a plesure to help fix bugs/typos and stuff like that.
PM to kloopy was open all the time and got a swift "done" back on most things I found

Kloopy is not only a good coder but hes also a very friendly person to talk too.
I would like to thank Jesterina too for listening to all those freaking, screaming beta testers who wanted to change the stats like every minute
He took all that input and made, what looks to me, nice balanced stats.
Think the races selected by ppl show that.

Terran 419 (31%)
Cathaar 326 (24%)
Xandathrii 288 (21%)
Zikonian 294 (22%

Great teamwork guys thanks for that.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 19:09   #18
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

kloopy rocks
nuff said.
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 19:18   #19
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well done to ALL the PA Team!!!!
Kloopy
Kal
Phil
Spinner
Pishmishy
and anyone that i haven't said (which must be a few)
we thank you ALL

[INS]Goafer
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 10:54   #20
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
*Actually, I would have, there was just no chance in hell they would've been used.
Oh, i know THAT feeling...
/me points at Production64.html :\

But yes, i have to agree with the above in thanking Kloopy for all his effort and time. Coding isnt the most fun thing to be doing with your time, and the effort that has gone into completely altering ziks (again) is greatly appreciated. At least in this little corner of the universe .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 12:21   #21
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

You lot have all worked your nads off for this round, and im happy to say the stats/combat engine/ new features (like ship movement) are all ace!

Good job everyone
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 13:14   #22
The Seal
*idle*

The Seal is on a distinguished road

Thanks heaps Kloopy!
/me 'll buy you a b33r on Cube when I get back and this time we'll make the tower pass the table

The Seal
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 22:30   #23
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

being busy packing for holiday, I only just spotted this thread

tbh beta was the busiest i'd ever known, with completely new things appearing overnight in some cases, while people were still picking up bugs/typos/etc. Banned was also changing ship stats every day or so to 'fine' tune (and 'not so fine' tune), and I think all in all the community interaction was at the best i've seen it for a while. I truely hope this goes on, and it will with people like Kloopy, Kal, blixxard, and other coders/ pa team when they work so closely with the community. People have cried for it for a while, and I think it's definately here now
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 04:34   #24
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
(at times I thought he was entertaining himself - and read what you will of that)..
I can read into that statement and have a wide variety of ideas on how he entertained himself, but seems to branch down into one, sick, perverted thought..... He danced to Justin Timberlake songs in front of a webcam!! (after seeing Tomkat's famous clips, I can't think of any, more entertaining to one's self than that) :P

Kloopy 'the Entertainer of himself', Kal 'your suggestions are considered', Banned 'I don't give a **** what you think about Ziks', Phil 'of Aryn', and the rest of the ExPA and the now PA Team - I will PAY you if I was JOLT with courtesy PerDiem on coffee expenses.

Keep it up Kloopy and the Gang!! You guys ROCK!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 08:07   #25
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Great Job Kloopy, You did an execellent job! GJ on coding!!!

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote