User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 9 May 2006, 10:23   #101
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice
Re: ROCK Announcement

i think the whole point of planetarion has been lost here....

it is a game

ROCK have always played planetarion to have fun first and rank second...hence their decleration of war. When this happened it was a foregone conclusion that other alliances would jump on the bandwagon be it to hit either of the alliances on one side or the other, or to capitalise on both alliances concentrating on each other. Whether or not either side condones the actions of these alliances is immaterial whilst a war is going off. If people feel hard done to after it ends, then take it up with the capiltalists and declare war on them next time....

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Unread 9 May 2006, 15:55   #102
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Now THIS was a funny post!

1. You manage to get 1up involved in even this thread
2. The big alliances HAVE done this in the recent history
3. 'Ínstead they lie...' <-- what gave you the impression no1 lied in the past
4. 'and hide behind propaganda...' <-- what gave you the impression no1 use propaganda in the past
5. What makes you think fcrew doesnt read this.

Thank you for this post

1) I managed to comment on around 4 1up players posting in this thread wishing Rock gud luck. Was just pointing out somthing which was obviously already there.
2) I have to admit my return to PA has bin short. But, in the last 3 rounds at least of watching these forums i havent saw one alliance within the top 5, post a publication of war. Perhaps you could show me some?
3) People always lie, i will admit that is of course true. But then again, the community these days bitch more then they fight. Hence why they lie more then the past and i can honestly beleive thats true.
4) Again i dont think you got the point of my post. I claim that now it is worse then previous. I didnt claim in the past everyone was all open ect, but it was better then this.
5) I didnt claim they hadnt read it. I was asking for perhaps a post of recognition they had read it? Would you not post on a thread that was addressed to you about war?

Hope thats answered the comments you pointed toward me. Perhaps your responce was as funny as my post?

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Unread 9 May 2006, 17:19   #103
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
2) I have to admit my return to PA has bin short. But, in the last 3 rounds at least of watching these forums i havent saw one alliance within the top 5, post a publication of war. Perhaps you could show me some?
altho hardly a noteable war, insomnia did openly declare war on LCH while in the top 5 in round 15. id dig out the thread but i really cant be arsed

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 9 May 2006, 21:48   #104
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
altho hardly a noteable war, insomnia did openly declare war on LCH while in the top 5 in round 15. id dig out the thread but i really cant be arsed
You disbanded too then

So you can say that LCH kicked your asses out of PA
Unread 9 May 2006, 22:57   #105
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
You disbanded too then

So you can say that LCH kicked your asses out of PA
as i said was hardly a noteable war, but declaring it on here meant everybody jumped on + LCH

important thing is that we are back

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 9 May 2006, 23:22   #106
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

And one might note that LCH are not, at least not in the capacity we are used to seeing.
Unread 10 May 2006, 00:54   #107
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=compare...lues&show=both

the story so far

we are happy with our progress so far
just hope f-crew are having as much fun as us

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
Unread 10 May 2006, 07:23   #108
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
And one might note that LCH are not, at least not in the capacity we are used to seeing.
Well, if the rumours about OoO joining them are true you might see LCH abit higher on the rankings soon.

But I digress

Go ROCK !!

Last edited by Kargool; 10 May 2006 at 07:32.
Unread 10 May 2006, 08:29   #109
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Well, if the rumours about OoO joining them are true you might see LCH abit higher on the rankings soon.

But I digress

Go ROCK !!
they were mostly ex- lch players anyways so itslike a homecoming

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:13   #110
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=compare...lues&show=both

the story so far

we are happy with our progress so far
just hope f-crew are having as much fun as us
Drop the ****ing act. This isnt about having fun, if it was about fun you wouldnt be ruining moral in your own galaxies by ordering ROCK members to screw their galaxy over by not defending attacks on the F-Crew members in there (we havent gone near a ROCK player in an f-crew galaxy so as to not have to ask members to ruin the moral and trust they have built in these galaxies) and you certainly WOULDNT be openly attacking F-Crew's tools to try and cripple us. You have overstepped the line between it being something done for fun and something done seriously.

I had respect for ROCK until they started attacking our tools last night, but not any more. Your a bunch of liars and cheats and i hope you burn in hell

PS. That graphs misleading, we have lost a 1.1mill guy from our ranks and you have recruited new people
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:25   #111
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Drop the ****ing act. This isnt about having fun, if it was about fun you wouldnt be ruining moral in your own galaxies by ordering ROCK members to screw their galaxy over by not defending attacks on the F-Crew members in there (we havent gone near a ROCK player in an f-crew galaxy so as to not have to ask members to ruin the moral and trust they have built in these galaxies) and you certainly WOULDNT be openly attacking F-Crew's tools to try and cripple us. You have overstepped the line between it being something done for fun and something done seriously.

I had respect for ROCK until they started attacking our tools last night, but not any more. Your a bunch of liars and cheats and i hope you burn in hell

PS. That graphs misleading, we have lost a 1.1mill guy from our ranks and you have recruited new people
Attacking hostile planets in galaxies with own members is a _completely_ normal course of action in an alliance war. As far as I am concerned, I'm pretty sure they _did_ declare war on you, right? Ah well...get over it...

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:26   #112
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
Attacking hostile planets in galaxies with own members is a _completely_ normal course of action in an alliance war. As far as I am concerned, I'm pretty sure they _did_ declare war on you, right? Ah well...get over it...
They declared what they are calling a 'fun' war. A 'fun' war should hence be fun for people not putting members into situations where they have to screw over the friends they have made in galaxy

And you totally ignored the more extreame issue of them attacking our tools until they were offline
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:28   #113
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
They declared what they are calling a 'fun' war. A 'fun' war should hence be fun for people not putting members into situations where they have to screw over the friends they have made in galaxy
It's where you seed out who's more galaxy loyal than alliance loyal.
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:32   #114
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And you totally ignored the more extreame issue of them attacking our tools until they were offline
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they're going to deny doing this.
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:34   #115
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Care to PM me proof of this? Ive been ROCK since it formed and i have *never* heard or seen anything like that being done by a member, and i especially can't believe that our HC would order this, so its either a case of wires crossed, a member acting on their own (in which case ill use my influence to get them removed), or a total change of heart by ROCK HC, in which case i may just remove my membership, because your right, thats just low, on level with the DoS server attacks of old...
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:36   #116
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Erm, that has been done before m8y. Remember 5-6 rounds ago when abused a crash of the FAnG private server and mass launched earlier because we'd have a harder time gathering defence?

I'm not saying it's all nice and sweet, but it happens and you can expect it to happen again in the future. Alliances, like human beings, are pure opportunists.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:40   #117
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Erm, that has been done before m8y. Remember 5-6 rounds ago when abused a crash of the FAnG private server and mass launched earlier because we'd have a harder time gathering defence?

I'm not saying it's all nice and sweet, but it happens and you can expect it to happen again in the future. Alliances, like human beings, are pure opportunists.
Tbh id expect it and understand to a degree if they werent pulling the 'its a war about having fun' card.

However the two things dont go together, trying to cripple our ability to defend is not a good natured act that they have been pushing. And to think they had the cheek to accuse us of not being good natured because we have been working on improving our intel on rock
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:47   #118
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Drop the ****ing act. This isnt about having fun, if it was about fun you wouldnt be ruining moral in your own galaxies by ordering ROCK members to screw their galaxy over by not defending attacks on the F-Crew members in there
Why would they let their members defend against their allymates attacking hostiles? That would be a pretty foolish tactic right? It's perfectly normal for an alliance who is at war with another alliance to order their members not to def their targets ingal.
And if ROCK is having fun fighting a real war and you can't handle it, then thats your problem, not theirs. Maybe you should teach your own members how to fight a real war and hit them back instead of whining about it on the forum. Maybe your members would have more fun aswell then.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 10 May 2006, 09:54   #119
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Oh child go back to school, read wakey's post again
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:00   #120
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I read his post (for once it wasn't a 2 page long essay again so i could manage) in the first part he clearly whines about rock not defending the f-crew members ingal, the 2nd part he claims rock attacked their tools.
i wrote my reply in reference to the first part (the part i quoted), and didn't say anything about rock attacking their tools caus a)i don't have proof rock really did attack their tools b) if they did then i don't support the act.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:01   #121
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Why would they let their members defend against their allymates attacking hostiles? That would be a pretty foolish tactic right? It's perfectly normal for an alliance who is at war with another alliance to order their members not to def their targets ingal.
And if ROCK is having fun fighting a real war and you can't handle it, then thats your problem, not theirs. Maybe you should teach your own members how to fight a real war and hit them back instead of whining about it on the forum. Maybe your members would have more fun aswell then.
If its a 'fun' war then they shouldnt even be putting the members into that situation. We dont share that many galaxies with ROCK so theres plenty of targets available without making these peoples galaxies so hostile and unenjoyable.

They need to make up their minds and they cant just sit there and basically demand/complain about
* F-Crew trying to get intel
* Asking everyone else in the universe to not attack their planets
* Asking F-Crew to play in a fair and honarable manner

but then find not do the same themselves. Either its a fun war and we fight wight honour or its a no hold barred war and anything goes. They cant have it so its a honourable fight on our part but there end anything goes
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:03   #122
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdefgasfaf
I read his post (for once it wasn't a 2 page long essay again so i could manage) in the first part he clearly whines about rock not defending the f-crew members ingal, the 2nd part he claims rock attacked their tools.
i wrote my reply in reference to the first part (the part i quoted), and didn't say anything about rock attacking their tools caus a)i don't have proof rock really did attack their tools b) if they did then i don't support the act.
No, he clearly states ROCK played the 'this is for fun' card, whilst attacking there own galaxies with the intent of doing more than just have fun, I believe wakey isnt naive to the point where he doesnt understand why rock wont defend against rock ingal He has justification in his post, to which ROCk are yet to reply
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:12   #123
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
No, he clearly states ROCK played the 'this is for fun' card
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
stuff
Define a war for "fun"...
If rock thinks its fun to fight a war that way, then all the arguements you've made are pretty pointless, caus i don't see a definition of "funwar" in the manual or on this forum anywhere.
Wakey was right about 1 thing though, everything goes. If you really want to fight a war with another alliance, why hold back?

For honour?

Theres no prize for most honourable alliance so why bother...

Unread 10 May 2006, 10:14   #124
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Define a war for "fun"...
If rock thinks its fun to fight a war that way, then all the arguements you've made are pretty pointless, caus i don't see a definition of "funwar" in the manual or on this forum anywhere.
Wakey was right about 1 thing though, everything goes. If you really want to fight a war with another alliance, why hold back?

For honour?

Theres no prize for most honourable alliance so why bother...
They pushed the honour side of things, almost all their posts mention fighting fair and honourably. We went along with that but they dont seem to be willing to fight fair themselves
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:15   #125
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hmm, ive seen this kind of posts before in the past.

- Not allowing members to defend the enemy is quite normal. Yes, it disturbs the morale and trust in a galaxy. Yes, it will result in less cross defending within the galaxy. Yes, it will get people angry. No, it isn't wrong, it's just a result of a war. And you can still have fun. Wars are always fun. Thats because its a game, not RL.
- This is (especially since hard coded alliances) primarily an alliance game, not a galaxy game. The days when galaxy > alliances is long gone. I'm not commenting on if thats good or bad, it's just a fact.
- I think that ROCK is having fun. they declared war upon you because THEY wanted fun, they didn't insist on you having fun.......
- Can fun not go hand in hand with serious? I practice my hobbies for fun, but i take them serious too.

Quote:

First of all, i have seen these accusations in the past regularly. It would be best if you can prove these accusations. And the next sentence is outright offending; burn in hell? I might be an old sod, but arent YOU overstepping the boundaries of good behaviour here? You are not doing yourself a favor here i think.

Quote:

Maybe you lost that one million guy because of the war. If so, then its ROCKs achievement. Them recruiting some guys indeed gives unprecise results. But maybe those recruits joined ROCK because they liked the war thing. In that case it is again a result of the war.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:25   #126
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

I don't know why you go on about that 'fun' war. It's a simple, real war. And a REAL war, which is fought by all means is FUN, at least for me and other people that play this WAR game. It's exciting, it's competition, it tests the alliance.

Reproaching ROCK they don't fight a 'fun' war, but a 'real' war is more than ridiculous, it's like playing a match in any sport with just 50% effort. You don't do it, unless the opponent is a child or you want to let him win. Interesting analogy there.

Now, I'm not part of any of both alliances, and rather a spectator, but I just find it horrible how you all go on whining about every politic aspect, when in a war, clearly there are NO rules, and everyone is just free to do what he wants. The only thing that will change is the reputation, so if that's what you want to achieve, negative PR for ROCK, fine, but you can't seriously think that in a war you have anything to demand from or reproach to the foe?

On the other side, you're 100% right that they don't need to whine about the coords stuff either. Or about anything else you mentionned. It goes for both sides. Stop discussing, start fighting, and just try to win?

P.S.: On the tools part:You're saying they attacked your defense bot? You're seriously saying you are 100% sure that ROCK used any such means to benefit in the war? Oh come on...if that's true, show the proof, I'll be glad to re-adjust my opinion about that accusation. And even IF that happened, I'm pretty sure it was a member or officer acting on his own...you can't seriously believe yourself ROCK would do that to win that war? Of course such means are 100% not legitimate, and I don't include them in my post.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr

Last edited by XelNaga; 10 May 2006 at 10:39.
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:28   #127
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Nicely said Xel
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:33   #128
Hydrax

Hydrax is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Don't be ridiculous Wakey. ROCK has always been about fair play. Members that break the rules or cheat get kicked. I seriously doubt that ROCK would organise something against your tools, it wasn't even something that I've seen brought up in discussions. You should know better then to post something like this.

And like DJeteh said: come with some proof or at least talk to us.
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:36   #129
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Im currently talking to him on IRC Hyd
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:37   #130
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Oh no, it looks like Cedlind was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedlind
<Cedlind> ROCK vs F-Crew = Bumfight PA Style
Unread 10 May 2006, 10:37   #131
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:
If its a 'fun' war then they shouldnt even be putting the members into that situation. We dont share that many galaxies with ROCK so theres plenty of targets available without making these peoples galaxies so hostile and unenjoyable.

They need to make up their minds and they cant just sit there and basically demand/complain about
* F-Crew trying to get intel
* Asking everyone else in the universe to not attack their planets
* Asking F-Crew to play in a fair and honarable manner

but then find not do the same themselves. Either its a fun war and we fight wight honour or its a no hold barred war and anything goes. They cant have it so its a honourable fight on our part but there end anything goes
ok for one it is a war in a game, for once in your life remember this wakey and deal with things in a reserved and diplomatic way and not go all aggressive from word go. i dont believe for a second that you wouldnt attack planets with a fcrew member in gal all round, and it is just a case of rock doing it before you for a change. and i would expect normal gal defence has not been influenced.....just when the fcrew planet has an inc from a rock planet, which is perfectly fair in love and war.

next in all the time i have been associated with rock, and before, never have they condoned attacking another alliances tools... so to full out accuse them of it is despicable at best and blatantly looks like an attempt to discredit them in front of all AD. if someone in rock has done it i have the utmost faith that the person who did do it won't be rock for much longer, as the command team may change every so often but the principles rock was founded on have never altered.

for the intel gathering, not once did anyone say you couldnt do that, and how you go about it is perfectly at your own discretion. Intel is intel how ever it is got.

for the next comment you made...all they did was ask for ppl to respect the game and to refrain from taking advantage of the war by over attacking both of the alliances...thats rock AND fcrew. To ask ppl to stop attacking them is just daft and hence they didnt.

in conclusion, it is obvious you are unhappy after what went off, but in future stop flying off the handle and flat out accusing people left right and centre without thinking it through...you have a very well thought of reputation in pa, dont mar it by rash actions

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since

Last edited by Timeline; 10 May 2006 at 12:33.
Unread 10 May 2006, 11:00   #132
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Wakey, if you are so sure that Rock attacked / took offline F-Crew tools then contact the host who hosts F-Crew tools and ask them to investigate, giving the times when they were down.

If you dont have any proof kindly hush your mouth and let people enjoy a good old fashioned war.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Unread 10 May 2006, 11:03   #133
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJet
Care to PM me proof of this? Ive been ROCK since it formed and i have *never* heard or seen anything like that being done by a member, and i especially can't believe that our HC would order this, so its either a case of wires crossed, a member acting on their own (in which case ill use my influence to get them removed), or a total change of heart by ROCK HC, in which case i may just remove my membership, because your right, thats just low, on level with the DoS server attacks of old...
Agree on that...

Yes we play for fun but of course we also want to win... I'm quite sure you want to as well.

Edit: Got contact with wakey regarding details about attack so deleted that part.

Last edited by Tyroka; 10 May 2006 at 11:10.
Unread 10 May 2006, 11:21   #134
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all

Well, I feel like I've waded through a marsh having read this thread this morning. It is a bit fiery in here. I am sorry to see so much politiking going on, but I think a response is necessary.

Firstly we weren't whining, please don't accuse us of that - we were just commenting. As I said earlier, we hope for a fair fight, both for our sake and for yours; even so, whatever will be, will be. We cannot and of course do not control the course of action in PA.

Secondly, the attacking planets in an F-Crew/ROCK galaxy. Our normal policy is that a ROCK's galaxy would not be targetted. However, in this case we have found that many of our galaxies are shared, and as we said earlier - we are doing this for the fun of our members. Now, when I say that I mean to put some action and spontaneity into the round. For me personally, ROCK is a friendly place where the members have fun and are comfortable with one another - we are more friends than war game associates, or whatever you might like to term an alliance. This, I think, is a view of ROCK shared by many of its members. Therefore, if during a war we attack f-crew planets in a ROCK galaxy, then it is for the benefit of the alliance, and the friends in the alliance, in that case. Alliances aren't just for Christmas - or for one round. Galaxies can be. Besides, it is a game. It is meant to be for fun. Galaxies could accept that, at the moment, there are two warring factions in their galaxy, and it is going to lead to more incoming and that in this case, a ROCK is unlikely to defend the f-crew with incoming. Becase... they are at war.

On to the far more serious claim: sabotage of tools. As CEO of ROCK I can categorically and officially tell you that ROCK has never condoned such actions, and as far as I know we have never employed such tactics. Certainly last night there was no certified or ordered attack on your tools; if they went down, then it is a shame. If I'm honest then our tools went down too, but that was because my isp went down

It seems more likely that these are the possible explanation for your tools going down:

1. Another alliance did it, for whatever reason. And of course, we have not asked for any help for any reason from any alliance in this war, and we consider such a tactic as this as low and frankly below the belt. We would not ask for such help from anyone.

2. One of our members took their own initiative without us knowing. If this is the case, then as soon as it is proved the member will be ejected.

3. Your isp went down? Possible? I don't know. Happened to me

Perhaps there are other reasons or explanations. Now, I can understand that you might think we did it. However, I must also be honest and say that you have insulted many people in ROCK that you would automatically assume and accuse us of causing your technical difficulties. We are also disappointed that you cannot take us and many others at our word that we are playing this for fun and our entire demeanour states that we would not sink so low.

As DJ and Hydrax have said, any proof you can provide will be properly worked with. However, the bottom line is that that sort of behaviour is not what ROCK stands for.
Unread 10 May 2006, 11:25   #135
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all

Furthermore, I have been in contact with my EA HC, Gzambo. He sends this message via SMS and asks that I post it:

Dear Wakey if you need a copy of the log of the meeting the rock hc had with our members when we announced we were going to war with you we can send you a copy. You will see in it numerous references to the word fun especially when we give our members the reason why we are going to war.

Last edited by Judder; 10 May 2006 at 11:32.
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:16   #136
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

After talking to Wakey for most of the morning i wish to present the following information to AD about the current situation.

Quote:
[10:26] []wakey|work> Well basically I said that the evidence i have is circumstantial, its a bunch of ip address bombarding our servers and myself personally
[10:27] <DJeteh> okies, do you have a list of them? i can check them against server logs, forums etc...
[10:29] []wakey|work> tbh the amount of them it looks like a ddos attack, theres a good 50/60 just bombarding each server
[10:29] []wakey|work> and they are from differnt countries as well
[10:30] <DJeteh> okies
[10:30] []wakey|work> And i probally shouldnt have 'blamed' rock
[10:30] []wakey|work> without being able to tie it to a certain person
I therefore request that Wakey retract any accusations against ROCK regarding the event, as it is quite clear that we did not have anything to do with this attack, until he can present us with clear evidence that it was indeed one (or apprently 50/60!!!) of our members that undertook this action.

Furthermore i request that Wakey stops controdicting himself about our apparent honourable approach to this war, as the evidence quoted above shows that he has been using a dishonourable tactic in the form of negative propaganda against the ROCK alliance.

Although i originally told Wakey that i would not post something like this, during our conversation i have gotten fed up of his "we can do no wrong / F-Crew are sweet and innocent fluffly bunnies" attitude.

edit: removed 2 lines from log to conform with forum rules regarding posting of logs
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:18   #137
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Posting about an attack on your tools by another alliance without proof is just so shockingly idiotic that I am surprised that a member of the community with such stature as wakey even proposed the idea on a public forum.

Tsk tsk.
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:27   #138
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest I think theres some form of PR war being raged by Wakey and its totally backfired.

To ROCK - Carry on the war and have some fun
To F-Crew - Stop trying to do PR and fight wars in the game, not on forums.
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:28   #139
NRG-izer
aka Night-Sky - xVx HC

NRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to behold

i lost the line of the story.. while reading the whole thread..
is this war declaration or kindergarden ?

in that case.. Ace are you our pappi ?

anyway good luck to Rock and Fcrew..

past alliances :
r 01 - r 02 none
r 03 - r 04 TFD / ToT
r 05 - r 10,5 WP
r 11 LCH
r 12 - 90 Vision / xVx
r 91 - 100 Wave Zero / Syndicate

present alliances :
Tribute
since mid round 101
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:48   #140
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
Posting about an attack on your tools by another alliance without proof is just so shockingly idiotic that I am surprised that a member of the community with such stature as wakey even proposed the idea on a public forum.

Tsk tsk.
Try proving whos behind what seems like a ddos attack, you cant tie it down to a single person as theres like 50/60 attackers on each server (including my home setup so even if I was around when it happenedI wouldnt have even been able to access the net to try and sort things).

However there is evidence that ties it to ROCK in the fact
1) We are at war with them so they have motive
2) We had received some intel on the targets ROCK choose last night and when they would show up. The attack co-incided with when they would show up

Now I was understanably angry someone had done this and maybe I was a bit OTT and I shouldnt have outright accused them of (something that if DJeteh had given me time i was about to apologies for, but im trying to talk to him on IRC and do my work and make forum posts) but theres evidence to point that the attack was to do with them. Yes maybe the command didnt know and it was a member doing it but its underhand and goes against the 'fun' aspect that ROCK were pushing.

All I want is them to decide either we are fighting this fair and honourable and in a way that its fun for all or we are going to go out and bash lumps out of each other. Its your choice
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:50   #141
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Do you even make any posts anymore which aren't giant ad hominems wakey?
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:50   #142
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
2) We had received some intel on the targets ROCK choose last night and when they would show up. The attack co-incided with when they would show up
Paging PC Circumstantial Evidence to thread 190791
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:52   #143
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Try proving whos behind what seems like a ddos attack, you cant tie it down to a single person as theres like 50/60 attackers on each server (including my home setup so even if I was around when it happenedI wouldnt have even been able to access the net to try and sort things).

Now I was understanably angry someone had done this and maybe I was a bit OTT and I shouldnt have outright accused them of (something that if DJeteh had given me time i was about to apologies for, but im trying to talk to him on IRC and do my work and make forum posts) but theres evidence to point that the attack was to do with them. Yes maybe the command didnt know and it was a member doing it but its underhand and goes against the 'fun' aspect that ROCK were pushing.

All I want is them to decide either we are fighting this fair and honourable and in a way that its fun for all or we are going to go out and bash lumps out of each other. Its your choice
OMG now this is getting to far.

Who in his right mind will do ddos attacks on your server ?
And pointing a finger ar ROCK is so low I cant even believe you would post that.

Come on m8 get real this post sucks and I advice you to remove it or re write it.
If i was a ROCH HC I would find out if this was a case to hand over to a lawyer.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:55   #144
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
to be honest I think theres some form of PR war being raged by Wakey and its totally backfired.

To ROCK - Carry on the war and have some fun
To F-Crew - Stop trying to do PR and fight wars in the game, not on forums.
How can we fight wars ingame when we get attacked on the forums for doing simple things like trying to build on our intel. I was open and honest with ROCKS HC about gathering intel and who I was talking to, they decided to then turn around and post about it on these forums and use it as an attack saying we were going against what was honoarable combat.

If they want a war then fine they can have a war but they either have to fight the way they want to be fought or they have to stfu.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 12:58   #145
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

Even in your apoligy for making the accusations your still accusing us of doing it!

What your basically saying is that without the HC and higher officers (myself for example) the entire alliance (50-60ips, 50-60 people doing it?) decided to ddos you and your home setup and kept it a secret from us?

There is absolutely no evidence in what you have said, yes there is a motive there but do you honestly think that an alliance of ROCKs status within the community would comit such an act?

Oh and you had time, well over an hour in which you never once said "im writing an apoligy for the forums so i wont reply on irc for a while" or similar, thus i think the above is a rushed attempt to deflate my previous post.
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:02   #146
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Wakey, you do know from a legal point of view, you posting on a Public forum that you suspect someone of hacking is actually slander? You have no concrete evidence whatsoever.

I know that its hard for people to get off high horses, espicially people who are HC's etc, but seriously stop digging.
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:07   #147
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Wakey, you do know from a legal point of view, you posting on a Public forum that you suspect someone of hacking is actually slander? You have no concrete evidence whatsoever.

I know that its hard for people to get off high horses, espicially people who are HC's etc, but seriously stop digging.
Its not suspecting someone of 'hacking'. Its a case of someone actually 'hacking'

And the evidence points towards someone in ROCK or someone helping rock
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:11   #148
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Quote:
How can we fight wars ingame when we get attacked on the forums for doing simple things like trying to build on our intel. I was open and honest with ROCKS HC about gathering intel and who I was talking to, they decided to then turn around and post about it on these forums and use it as an attack saying we were going against what was honoarable combat.

If they want a war then fine they can have a war but they either have to fight the way they want to be fought or they have to stfu.
i do believe this to be a discrete attempt to change the subject wakey...
you have full out accused rock of hacking your tools, and in doing so with out proof which isnt circumstantial, you are only making yourself look like an oversized fool.
Just admit you were wrong to full out accuse rock of such an illegal act, let the matter lie, stop acting like an immature child and get on with the game as it was meant to be played

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:12   #149
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Quote:

that post is a joke. I hope Rock kicks your arse.
queue neg reps.
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:13   #150
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Quote:
Its not suspecting someone of 'hacking'. Its a case of someone actually 'hacking'

And the evidence points towards someone in ROCK or someone helping rock
again your proof needs to be fully shown....everything you have stated so far is highly circumstantial and is highly slanderous

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Closed Thread